Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dinner is Prompt-ly at Eight - 21. Chapter 21 You Betcha!

Our last prompt of this fabulous weekend of writing and hanging out, was from another prompt generator. This one gave us a protagonist, a goal, an obstacle and finally an action. We were supposed to fulfill all these criteria and guess what? Check out Val's too. Her story is very interesting and makes you ponder fate and the powers of determinism.
Thanks for playing with us.

You Betcha!

By Cole Matthews

Protagonist – John, the architect from Minnesota

Goal – Wild and free

Obstacle – The bartender from Seattle

Action – Learns to foresee the future

 

“John, you have never done a crazy thing in your life,” the lovely blonde bartender said, setting down his gin and tonic, light on the gin. “What makes you think you’d like something like that?”

John cleared his throat, annoyed and clearly frustrated with Belinda’s reaction to his announcement. “The very nature of a kinky relationship is that it’s dark, right?”

Belinda brushed her bangs back behind her ears and snorted at him. “Please, nobody who’s actually kinky says things like that. I’ve been there, done that back in Seattle when I danced at the S&M club. Did I ever tell you about the toe licking money?”

John blinked in response. He couldn’t imagine what ‘toe-licking money’ could be and if it could actually be a thing. The fact his favorite bartender at his weekly drinking hole had once earned such money seemed bizarre in and of itself.

“What’s—"

“Never mind,” Belinda said, wiping down her speed rail with a damp, blue cloth. “You don’t have a single exciting bone in your body. A foot fetish is one of the tamest hobbies you can have. The fact it alarms you only proves my point. You are vanilla through and through.”

John didn’t know how to respond and he thought Belinda would ridicule whatever he said next. When he initially told her about his dreams, he thought she’d be supportive. Belinda had always encouraged him to date, go do different things, experience life in ways he didn’t find comfortable.

John went to work in an office, an architectural firm, Monday through Friday, dressed in a suit. He brought his sack lunch every day with a tuna salad sandwich, two ounces of chips, an apple or a banana, and a pint of milk. Except Fridays. Fridays he took his administrative assistant and his clerk out to lunch. He usually had a salad. Okay, he always had a salad.

Maybe he was a bit boring.

“I’m telling you, this dream was pretty wild. There was this guy dressed in leather and denim and he had tied me up. I’ve never had such thoughts before.” John watched out of the corner of his eye for any other customers who could be listening. His Saturday afternoon chats with Belinda were pretty solitary, as the bar didn’t pick up until happy hour at 4 pm. That’s why he came by early to chat with her.

Belinda was now staring at him, her hands on her hips, akimbo, and her mouth hanging open. “Really!?!” she said, and then shook her head as to clear it like an Etch-A-Sketch. “A leather daddy tied you up? You know, they say still waters run deep, but really John, a bondage fantasy?”

John looked around nervously, but they were still all alone. “Please keep your voice down. I don’t want others to hear about my, well, my dreams.”

“I’m just surprised,” Belinda answered. “When you said you had a kind of kinky dream, I thought maybe a guy you picked up forgot to brush his teeth or left his socks on during coitus. I never would have guessed you’d fantasize about a guy tying you up and doing unspeakable things to you.”

Belinda was his ‘dirty little secret’, in a strange way. She was a disconnect from the rest of his life. The bar, the Fickle Hamster, was not close to his condo or his workplace. It was on the other side of the city. He dropped in after a particularly horrid Christmas shopping trip, and struck up a conversation with her. She was completely different from him. She was a free spirit who moved from place to place, never had a serious relationship, and worked in a transient business pouring drinks and chatting up customers.

But, she was someone John could trust. Belinda had been his sounding board for over a year now. He confessed to her because she was safe and it would never come back to bite him on the ass.

Thanks so much for reading about of fun, and literary filled weekend.  
:)
Copyright © 2017 Cole Matthews; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I particularly like Brenda’s idea of what John might think was kinky: ‘a guy you picked up forgot to brush his teeth or left his socks on during coitus.’

Link to comment

I like this one. More positive and upbeat. Being a sub, I appreciate not distorting terminology. Often people find disgust in what they truly don’t understand. Would be nice to see John again. 😉

  • Like 3
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Being a sub, I appreciate not distorting terminology.

You're a substitute teacher in English?  ;-)

Link to comment

Another great prompt response. One man's vanilla is another man's chocolate.  I personally don't understand why sex is categorized... for the people involved, it's either great or it isn't. ;)  Your weekend proved to be wonderfully productive... well done, sir! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/9/2017 at 3:41 PM, Valkyrie said:

More, please!  

 

 

 I do think this will turn into a 1550 Loring Lane story.  I've got it all planned out.

Thanks for a fantastic weekend of fun and frolicking!!!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 10/9/2017 at 4:23 PM, droughtquake said:

I particularly like Brenda’s idea of what John might think was kinky: ‘a guy you picked up forgot to brush his teeth or left his socks on during coitus.’

 

John's a bit milktoast, but then you never know what lies beneath the layer of vanilla frosting...

Thanks for an awesome review that made me giggle.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 10/9/2017 at 4:25 PM, BlindAmbition said:

I like this one. More positive and upbeat. Being a sub, I appreciate not distorting terminology. Often people find disgust in what they truly don’t understand. Would be nice to see John again. 😉

 

John probably has more to show us.  I'll let you know when he's ready to come out a play!!!!

Thanks for the wonderful comments.  

Link to comment
On 10/10/2017 at 12:00 AM, Stephen said:

It's the quiet, tame ones who often surprise the most.

 

Yes, sometimes we can get a surprise about the inner workings of person.  I know I'm usually surprised as well.  

 

Thanks so much for the insightful comment.  

Link to comment
18 hours ago, Headstall said:

Another great prompt response. One man's vanilla is another man's chocolate.  I personally don't understand why sex is categorized... for the people involved, it's either great or it isn't. ;)  Your weekend proved to be wonderfully productive... well done, sir! 

 

Yes!!!  And sometimes there is some spiciness hidden in the mix!!!  Yes, we had a great time and all you commenters and readers made it even better.  Thank you!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/11/2017 at 4:34 PM, Cole Matthews said:

 

 

 I do think this will turn into a 1550 Loring Lane story.  I've got it all planned out.

Thanks for a fantastic weekend of fun and frolicking!!!

:yes: There’s so much more there. 

 

A little late but all great prompts.. thank you ! 

 

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..