Jump to content

Shadetree Mechanic Sanitaria Springs

   (6 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Set in the Sanitaria Springs universe, Ansel is a small town mechanic who is still working through some of his traumatic childhood along with his partner Joe. Continues the story line featured on 'I Got You' and, as with all SS stories, features some cameos by other established characters.

Short flashback to traumatic events.
Copyright © 2023 Dabeagle; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (12 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 9
  • Characters 12
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 10
  • Feel-Good 10
  • Humor 10
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 4
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 23,890 Words
    • 1,708 Views
    • 16 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

weinerdog

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Pretty simple if you're a fan of this author and the Sanitaria Springs series you are going to love this.It as good as any other SS story out there.The only difference is the protagonist Ansel is an adult so you read about some adults issues too wouldn't normally read about.But there are plenty of appearances from recent SS stories and interesting flashbacks to Ansel teen years

  • Love 8
Link to review
centexhairysub

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Very well written and the pacing was excellent; that said, the character development was beyond perfect.  Even the evil neighbors just sucked you in; couldn't wait to see what the next string of insults were going to be.  

Story about a man that is learning how is childhood is still controlling him in ways that he never truly realized.  Ansel has a boyfriend and good friends that help him as he finds a way forward.

Satisfying ending, but would not mind a sequel or even a longer multi-chapter look at this group of characters.

  • Love 9
Link to review
drsawzall

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

You have read the other reviews, and if they don't convince you to read this story, take a gander at the following...

I turned the final corner and back onto my block. It's a decent block that's owner occupied. You can always tell when people rent out their house – people just don't take care of things that aren't their own. The block was in transition, really. It used to be white folks as far as the eye could see – as my dad used to say, the only black guy you ever saw was Bill Cosby hawking Jello on the TV. Now the neighborhood has changed, the old families moving on as their kids grew up and being replaced with new families. The Chews lived at the end of the block, a mixed family with an Asian mother and a Caucasian father. They had a teenage boy and a tween girl. There were the Kellers, who were also a mixed race family, the father being an Irish fellow and his bride an African-American woman. They had younger kids, probably in primary school. I walked up to my home, one owned by my parents before me, and smelled the Karen before I saw her. Brimstone is her signature scent, I think.

“There are kids on this block. I think you should consider that,” she said, looking at me through the chain link.

I smiled at her. “Come on. We both know you didn't actually think.”

She got up from her perch on her front porch and descended her front steps. “I'm just saying not everyone wants to see your...boobs.”

“Interesting that your husband doesn't want to see yours, either,” I replied. I walked up to my front door while she moved to the sidewalk to follow me.

“You're disgusting! No one wants you here! I'm going to call-”

“Who? Who will you call?” I ask, turning around. She took a startled step back as I glared at her. “This is my house. Go back to yours and make your family miserable, but leave me alone. For Christ's sake!”

“I'm telling you there are standards!” she said, pointing two fingers at me with a cigarette smoldering between them.

I chuckled. “I told you my condition for selling the house.”

He dropped his chin and looked at me. “Putting a sign up that says 'I'm moving because my neighbor is an asshole' might affect the sale price of your house.”

I chuckled again. “Well. Full disclosure, right?”

  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is a wonderful new story in the Sanitaria Springs world.  It is well told with a cast of characters you can easily empathize with.  The tale flows quickly, but so smoothly leaving you feeling warmth and hope.  A tale of young love and old love set in a wonderful community with some flawed people felt authentic and realistic.  A great read for a long afternoon any time.  Read it.

  • Love 6
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A truly wonderful story, that fits perfectly in the Sanitaria Series.

I truly wonderful group of characters featuring Ansel, a mechanic who has problems to deal with.

You will find other SS popping in for a visit.

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
Cane23

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

The clock in the old house stopped working but time didn’t stop. Ansel condemned himself living in his parents’ house as a prisoner of his own past. Watching the clock he becomes aware that his life didn’t stop with it, but also, time didn’t go backwards. The demons of the past haven’t occurred in his mother’s kitchen, there was no molesting from his father, no abusing. But lost chances haven’t show either. Youth spend in closet, longing for teenage love and passion…the life hasn’t come back to be lived again. But the future was in his hands. Having a true love and support in Joe, real friend and, eventually, business partner Ken, as life bring us unexpected twist and turns, Ansel get the opportunity to be a father as well. Breaking with the past but carrying deep scars, Ansel bravely embrace the future. He knows that life is not going to be harmony all the time but, with self-acceptance, faith in himself and loving himself; he is well armed to confront all challenges.

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..