Jump to content
    Daddydavek
  • Author
  • 3,657 Words
  • 3,142 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Abel III's Awakening - 16. Chapter 16 The All Important Meeting

The big revelation occurs and Abel III makes a surprise announcement.
Warning: Mature subject matter!

Chapter 16

The All Important Meeting

 

On our way to my grandfather's cabin I contacted him telepathically to find out what he wanted to discuss and he sent a synopsis to me. We arrived shortly, as it was just across the hall and sat. Dennis looked like he felt a little out of place and I sent him some reassurance telepathically and he brightened up and relaxed.

Grandfather started out the meeting by welcoming us and especially Dennis. While he did this I heard him send to Dennis, {I notice that Abel III has adjusted your shields and I assume he did it with your knowledge and consent. I am about to ask you to explain about your relationship with your brother. I suspect it will probably involve revealing the telepathic ability in your family and I authorize you to do it with Steven and William in the room.}

Dennis again became ill at ease and while grandfather continued on with welcoming everyone and asking about their day. I sent to Dennis, {We have been planning to alert them about the possibility of becoming telepathic for some time. Their father has specifically asked us to do this.}

Grandfather then turned back to Dennis and said, “I see that Abel III has worked his magic on you and that you have worked your magic on him. Unless I am completely mistaken, you both exhibit all the signs of being in love and I just wanted to let you know that I approve wholeheartedly. However, Abel III's father has some concerns and one is your rather cryptic remark about your brother and you having a strained relationship. Could you explain that to us?”

Dennis looked around and I sent more feelings of encouragement as he gathered his thoughts and began:

“My mother and father were close growing up as their families were old friends. They got married at an early age and had my brother Travis when they were both just twenty years old. I was born ten years later. We were a very close and loving family until shortly after I turned thirteen and was going through puberty. Things changed and changed dramatically as far as I was concerned. Travis had been closer to my mom up until that time while I was closer to my dad. That suddenly changed and dad didn't seem to have any time for me but had all kinds of time for Travis. Mom and I got closer, but she seemed distracted and was worried about Travis and my dad. I could not figure it out and it went on for a couple months. I tried confronting Travis whom I had been close to and now he couldn't give me the time of day.”

“Travis told me I wouldn't understand as I was just a kid and he was an adult facing adult problems. He shut me out entirely after that and we didn't speak for weeks. I was crushed and tried to talk to my father, but he just said that Travis was having a tough time and it would sort itself out eventually. My mom was no better at explaining what was going on.”

“Because I was the one going through puberty, with my hormones going wacky, I somehow thought I was the cause of Travis' problems. Growing up I had always idolized Travis and now that I had sex on the brain about seventy times a minute he had become a fixture in my fantasies. I therefore reasoned that since I had developed my secondary sexual characteristics that perhaps he was fantasizing about me and was worried about the fact that he was ten years older and I was well under the age of consent. I figured he couldn't talk to mom about it and that was why he gravitated toward dad.”

“Naturally, I had it all wrong, but I didn't have a clue at the time. Therefore, one night I sneaked into his room and crawled under his covers up between his legs and proceeded to give him the best blow-job I could in my inexperience. I must have been doing fairly well because he started moaning and moving his hips as I tried to not gag too much. Suddenly he called out 'Oh, Sweetheart!' and I was suddenly busy swallowing my first load of cum and desperately afraid I'd choke to death.”

“Needless to say, Travis pulled the covers off and turned on the lights and about had a cow when he found me between his legs. His dick went from pumped to limp in about half a second. He forcefully made it very clear that he did not have a homosexual inclination in his body and was shocked to find me in his bed performing fellatio. Unbeknownst to me, his shock was so great that he was broadcasting his thoughts and both my parents 'heard' him and came rushing in to see what was the matter. Our embarrassment went from substantial to stratospheric as they burst into the room and found us in such a compromising position.”

At this point, Dennis stopped his narration and looked around the room. Everyone was caught up in the story. As he finally looked at Steven and William he could see the dots being connected and Steve blurted out, “What do you mean he was broadcasting his thoughts and both your parents 'heard' him?”

“At that time I did not know he was broadcasting his thoughts or that my parents 'heard' him. All I knew was that my brother was very angry and embarrassed and I was so embarrassed I wanted to curl up and die. I wanted to be anywhere but there and on top of that, I was scared shitless that I would end up losing my family. My despair was so great that both my parents felt it coming off of me in waves. For once they ignored Travis and rushed toward me and gathered me in a hug between them, telling me to not be afraid and that it would be okay.”

“Travis was sitting there naked in his bed trying to cover himself and not having any luck with both his parents sitting on the covers and holding me. Suddenly, I noticed my dad started staring at Travis like he was giving him a lecture. I watched Travis straighten up, get off the bed and pull on a pair of shorts and then go sit at his desk while I continued to whimper helplessly. My dad picked me up and carried me to my room where he proceeded to dress me in a pair of shorts and then picked me up and carried me to the living room where my mother and Travis were gathered. Somehow I told them what I was doing and why and then my dad proceeded to explain some things to me and I got the biggest shock of my life.”

Dennis again stopped his narration and looked around the room trying to put into words the rest of the story which he had never told anyone before.

My dad, with tears in his eyes interrupted and said, “He told you that they were telepathic!”

I was monitoring my cousins as usual and their emotions, which had been strong with empathy during all this, suddenly became chaotic at my dad's announcement. I sent them calmness and felt my grandfather doing the same thing.

I then sent to Dennis, {Please tell us the rest of your story, I think it is cathartic for you as well.}

Dennis looked at me with amazement that I was reading him so well and began again.

“My father told me that both his family and my mother's family were low level telepaths and that they came into their power when Travis was about four years old. He went on to say the odds favored that we children would become telepathic too but that it was not guaranteed. Travis had come into his power in the past six months and was having some difficulty dealing with it because of the fact that we lived in a highly urbanized area with more than five million people in close proximity. At that time we lived on Earth in California. Travis was being overwhelmed with the thoughts of so many people and he couldn't sort them out or, effectively and selectively block them.”

Dennis went on to say, “My father explained that telepathic power varied and was rated on a scale. Level one ability was the most common and telepaths at that level could read the thoughts of someone who they could see in the same room or area. Level two ability was less common and these telepaths could read the thoughts or communicate telepathically with another telepath within an area of one kilometer whether they could see them or not. Level three ability was even more rare and these people could read thoughts or communicate telepathically with another telepath within an area larger than one kilometer up to four kilometers. Level 4 ability was said to be extremely rare among telepaths and they could read someone or communicate telepathically over distances up to ten kilometers.”

“My father then went on and explained that my mom was a level one telepath and that he was a level two telepath, but that Travis was a level three telepath. My father explained that they were doing the best they could to teach Travis how to deal with his power, but that it was outside their experience and that was why he was spending so much time with Travis, trying to teach him how to shield and how to avoid being swamped by psychic input from everyone around him.”

“Within a month after that night, my mother and father had made arrangements to move the family business off Earth to the Starview and we have lived here ever since. It was much easier on everyone. Travis never talked about it to me and my family has never mentioned that night again. When I came into my power almost a year ago, I knew what was happening and went to my dad. He had developed some more expertise over the years, especially from communicating with a few other telepathic families and was able to deliver a better package of instructions to me that was more comprehensive than he had for Travis.”

“Compared to Travis, I've had a much easier time adapting to my powers and in some ways I think that he begrudges me that,” Dennis finished.

“What level are you?” Bill asked Dennis.

“He is a high level three, not as high as your uncle and about on the same level as Kade,” I replied.

Both my cousins gaped at me with their jaws hanging wide open. Finally, they looked around and noted everyone was looking at them.

I continued, “Your mother is not telepathic, but carries the recessive gene for telepathic ability. She has not been told about telepathic ability in the family. Your dad is a level two telepath like Dennis' father and he asked us to warn you about the ability. It usually manifests sometime after the twenty-first birthday and if it has not manifested by age thirty, it is not going to happen. Family policy in the past was to not discuss it unless it manifested. The thinking was, why mention it to an offspring who might never develop it and have them feel cheated? However, the government is actively seeking telepaths and your dad has advocated changing that policy to the hidden families council to no avail. Because you are somewhat safer in the isolated environment aboard ship and under our protection, he wanted you to be told so that you could be forewarned.”

I was continuing to monitor my cousins and let them process everything, as I did a group send to the others to inform them to let my cousins have some time to process.

Steven and Bill were a chaotic mix of excitement, anguish, wonder and fear. They still were not sure about the status of our grandfather, Drew or myself. At the same time, they were still wondering if they were an open book to everyone in the room. Finally, Steven looked me in the eye and asked, “Have you come into your ability and what is the status if any of Grandfather and Drew?”

Drew is a level three and Grandfather is a high level four telepath. I am a level five telepath,” I replied.

With that announcement, my cousins and Dennis both stared at me as my dad, Kade, Drew and Grandfather looked at me to see what I would reveal next. Addressing my cousins’ unasked questions, I continued:

“Steve and Bill you have very strong natural shields which I have strengthened. It was at your dad's request that I adjusted and tweaked them to make them even better. Dennis' mom tried to scan you both when she first saw you in that store and she was unable. She then asked her talented son to scan you and he was unable as well. However, they could both sense you telepathically, they just could not get past your shields. When they tried to scan me, whom they could both clearly see, they could not get any sense telepathically that I was there. Dennis' attention became so strong that you both sensed it naturally and thought he was interested in me. I am happy to say it turned out that you were right!”

While my cousins were considering that, Dennis asked, “What is a level five telepath?”

“Any telepath that can receive and send beyond ten kilometers and there have been only two known so far in the history of the families. The other was Angus Silversmith and he was my many times over great-grandfather. He is the one that tracked down the hidden families and helped establish the Hidden Family Council to coordinate efforts by the families to remain hidden and thus safe from being forced into government servitude. From the histories it appears he could communicate telepathically if he chose to with someone anywhere on the planet Earth.”

“Do you know everything about us?” Bill asked.

“I know that meeting you and Steve a few weeks ago and getting to live and work with you has been one of the best things to ever happen to me. You are my family, the brothers I never had and always wanted. I have scanned you both to work on your shields without you noticing it. Those shields are your outer defenses, to keep your thoughts private. I have scanned your surface thoughts to see what is on your mind, but your shields are still in place at deeper levels and I have even strengthened them. I have not rooted around into your innermost thoughts or memories and wouldn't unless you invited me in as those are yours. Besides, now that your shields are more efficient and stronger, if anyone was to try to batter their way past them, you would be aware of it. Also, I have put in place defenses for you to use should the need arise for you to force them out. That knowledge would be triggered into your consciousness only if the need for it were to arise.”

When I made that announcement, Grandfather, Drew, Kade and Dad, using our shared links sent, {You did what?}

I replied on our shared links and included Hal but not Dennis:

{After my experiences with the Guardian, I worked on protocols for forcing out any intrusive linking that was trying to push past my shields with brute force. I developed a self-extracting automatic routine, which I think is quite effective. It is the equivalent of a shaped explosion back toward the invading link that exactly balances the force of the intrusive link thus terminating it. I've implanted it in the last line of defensive shields in myself, and my cousins. I can send it to you if you want to deploy it as well.}

While my elders thought about what I sent them, I turned to Dennis and said:

“Dennis you are the other best thing that has happened to me. I know we have tried to go slow in getting to know each other without much success so far, but I really want to know everything about you and share everything about me with you. I see our future as being together aboard this ship for the next hundred years or so, if you will have me.”

With that announcement, everyone in the room turned their attention on me, and then Dennis.

Dennis gave me a long look and then looked around at everyone's expectant faces and then turned back to me and solemnly said, “Shouldn't you be down on one knee when you ask me to marry you?”

In a heartbeat I was down on one knee in front of him and taking his hand asked properly, “Dennis will you take me as your lawfully wedded husband and marry me?”

Dennis replied simply and confidently, “I will.”

With that, everyone else in the room erupted with whoops, whistles and loud noises, which somehow were lost to Dennis and I as we shared a warm passionate embrace and kiss.

My cousins were the first to embrace us in a group hug and soon everyone joined in and wished us congratulations. I exchanged a look with my dad and again noted he was a bit misty eyed. This was the same man that I was so afraid of and intimidated by when I met him at sixteen.

We ended the meeting on that note and headed out of Grandfather's cabin. My cousins and Dennis were still full of questions and I knew there was still much to discuss so I invited them to my cabin for a gabfest. But first we shucked our uniforms and headed to my shower. The mood in the shower was celebratory but also a bit restrained as the other three had quite a lot on their minds. We danced and washed and dried off and headed to my large bed, which suddenly seemed smaller with the four of us.

I knew that Steve and Bill were wondering how this telepathic thing worked and I had to be careful not to trip Steve's ability early. I decided to do a send to Dennis and sent, {Have you noted that I have low level constant connections to the rest of the telepaths in my family?}

{How does that work and are you fully open to them and does it take a lot of energy?} Dennis asked.

While talking with my cousins, I did a send to Dennis fully laying out the parameters of the constant connections I maintained, the filters and specific shields attached and how I minimized the psychic energy load. With his agreement we hooked it up between us.

Then I turned my full attention to my cousins and explained, “While we were chit-chatting, Dennis and I have been communicating telepathically about setting up a constant low level connection between us.”

Dennis then said, “I was questioning him about the parameters of the connection and asking how it worked.”

I then added, “I sent Dennis the details of the constant connection, the filters and specific shields attached to it and the how I minimized the psychic power use. Then we set it up.”

My cousins were agog that we had done all that while lounging in bed and just chatting over the past several minutes.

Steve finally said, “Is being a telepath as wonderful as it sounds or is there a catch?”

I looked at Dennis and then back at Steve and his brother Bill and said, “It's not without its cost. There is a steep learning curve, which is not always easy. Dennis' story about Travis' problems is far from unique. My dad had a very hard time adjusting when he came into his powers and did some things he really regrets, even to this day. The main reason we are doing the refit here instead of at Magellan is because of that.”

I stopped for a minute and did a send to my dad, {Is it all right if I tell Dennis and your nephews the details about the trouble you had when you came into your power?}

My dad sent a mental shrug and, {Yeah, it will probably come out eventually anyway and if it helps them get their heads around everything, all the better.}

{Thanks,} I replied.

I had made that send without trying to conceal it and my audience waited on me. I explained that I'd contacted my dad and gotten his approval before going into the details of his story and he had given it. I then explained to them in full what happened at Magellan, what I had learned from scanning the planet and that space station and, what had happened more than thirty-four years earlier at Silverspin's last major refit.

With questions, it took about an hour to relate it all. Dennis was stunned as he contemplated what it meant to silence a telepath. My cousins were worried lest they too were caught up in a too hedonistic mindset and temperament. I reassured them that I was watching them like a mother hen and would never allow that to happen.

Then I told my cousins, “Why don't you two go to either of your cabins and leave Dennis and I with some alone time? We can talk more tomorrow and for that matter for the rest of our lives!”

They left in a hurry, not bothering to dress, as they hurried out the door.

I turned to Dennis and said, “Alone at last!”

To which he replied, “Let's go to sleep, I'm exhausted!” Then he smiled at me.

Well we did go to sleep, eventually....

I hope you liked this latest development! Your comments are always welcomed!
Copyright © 2017 Daddydavek; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 39
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nice development both romantically and with the cousins. Poor Dennis, how embarrassing. I hope him being engaged to Abel will please his parents and improve relations with his brother.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

My favourite chapter so far. :) glad I had trouble sleeping and got to read it early. Keep it coming.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 07/20/2014 03:23 PM, Timothy M. said:
Nice development both romantically and with the cousins. Poor Dennis, how embarrassing. I hope him being engaged to Abel will please his parents and improve relations with his brother.
Thanks! We have a lot more to learn about all of them. I think that being telepathic can easily be embarrassing in many situations and poor Travis was probably doubly embarrassed.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/20/2014 03:28 PM, Kiltie69 said:
My favourite chapter so far. :) glad I had trouble sleeping and got to read it early. Keep it coming.
I also glad you liked it and thanks for your support!
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Dang, that was almost a shotgun wedding without the force of the parent. Is either man pregnant?:P

I enjoyed the chapter also. Dennis has had a pretty trying development while growing up. I also found myself feeling sorry for the brother. I get the feeling we are going to hear more from him.

Why do the two young cousins make me smile. It's like you know whether alone or with other people, they are having fun.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 07/26/2014 06:00 AM, joann414 said:
Dang, that was almost a shotgun wedding without the force of the parent. Is either man pregnant?:P

I enjoyed the chapter also. Dennis has had a pretty trying development while growing up. I also found myself feeling sorry for the brother. I get the feeling we are going to hear more from him.

Why do the two young cousins make me smile. It's like you know whether alone or with other people, they are having fun.

The cousins are a breath of fresh air for Abel III and the whole ship. They are infectiously good humored and I'm glad you like them.

 

The decision to marry can be crystal clear when both parties are given free access to the other's deepest thoughts and feelings. It's another result of being telepathic.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I really enjoyed this chapter and am happy for Dennis and Abel...however I am finding, in this instance, that telepathy and it's directness, took away some emotion from the proposal...it came across as rather matter of fact...and while I understand why...it still left me feeling a little disappointed. I guess it's a tradeoff in that they can't act in the traditional norm because they are not. I was pleased that Abel asked the cousins to leave so the newly engaged couple could be alone, illustrating the specialness of the occasion for Abel and Dennis. It would be nice to see a difference in how Abel and Dennis communicate to and with each other compared to how they communicate with others in the family. I also liked that the cousins have been prepared to a degree for what is ahead for them and Dennis's story about his brother explained a lot...Good job...cheers...Gary

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 08/13/2014 12:56 AM, Headstall said:
I really enjoyed this chapter and am happy for Dennis and Abel...however I am finding, in this instance, that telepathy and it's directness, took away some emotion from the proposal...it came across as rather matter of fact...and while I understand why...it still left me feeling a little disappointed. I guess it's a tradeoff in that they can't act in the traditional norm because they are not. I was pleased that Abel asked the cousins to leave so the newly engaged couple could be alone, illustrating the specialness of the occasion for Abel and Dennis. It would be nice to see a difference in how Abel and Dennis communicate to and with each other compared to how they communicate with others in the family. I also liked that the cousins have been prepared to a degree for what is ahead for them and Dennis's story about his brother explained a lot...Good job...cheers...Gary
I have deliberately been delaying their romantic side to build it up. I think it worked and I'll let you be the judge as you get caught up with the story.

 

Still replying from my cell phone.

 

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I have to admit I was a little surprised at how fast Dennis and Abel got serious, although I'm glad they did. And Jesus Christ poor Dennis.

I really liked the chapter. I wish I had the time to read the rest in one go.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/19/2014 07:08 AM, aditus said:
I have to admit I was a little surprised at how fast Dennis and Abel got serious, although I'm glad they did. And Jesus Christ poor Dennis.

I really liked the chapter. I wish I had the time to read the rest in one go.

I think the fact that they are both telepathic allowed them to get to really know each other much faster. Opening your innermost thoughts to one another is not something people normally do,but for telepathic it makes sense.

 

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Yuk, I'd happily forgotten about that awful incidence with Travis. :pinch: 

btw you've written Dennis instead of Travis in this sentence: At that time we lived on Earth in California. Dennis was being overwhelmed with the thoughts of so many people and he couldn't sort them out or, effectively and selectively block them

  • Like 2
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Yuk, I'd happily forgotten about that awful incidence with Travis. :pinch: 

btw you've written Dennis instead of Travis in this sentence: At that time we lived on Earth in California. Dennis was being overwhelmed with the thoughts of so many people and he couldn't sort them out or, effectively and selectively block them

 

Good catch...I fixed it.  Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
51 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

Wait, alone at last and Dennis wants to go to sleep? WTF?

When both parties are telepathic and can read each other's thoughts they can tell when the other is being playful:

“Alone at last!”

To which he replied, “Let's go to sleep, I'm exhausted!” Then he smiled at me.

Well we did go to sleep, eventually....

Rest assured, they enjoyed themselves before eventually going to sleep!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..