Jump to content
    Daddydavek
  • Author
  • 3,047 Words
  • 3,153 Views
  • 34 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Best Friends - 1. Chapter 1

 

 

Tyler had a middle class upbringing in suburbia. He had been a Boy Scout; went to church every Sunday and embodied almost stereotypical middle class American values. Tyler was upset and found he was out of his comfort zone. He’d been hit-on by his best friend Isaac. Worse, he’d panicked and run and jumped into his Jeep and sped away.

They met in kindergarten and found their birthdays were just three days apart. They went to school together all through elementary, middle and high school. They went to different universities, but stayed in close contact by phone, e-mail and Skype through the internet. They each graduated and were just back home and going through the arduous process of sending out resumes and trying to land a job in the crappy economic environment of the times. Both were lucky in that they had scholarships and parental resources so they weren’t also burdened with student loan debt. They’d met up at their old hangout, the parking lot of the local White Castle. He and Isaac were sitting in Isaac’s pick-up and catching up with each other when Isaac had dropped the bomb.

He’d said: “I’ve got to tell you something that has been on my mind for years. I’m gay and I’ve loved you since we met and I’ve been sexually attracted to you since we were twelve years old.”

That was when he bolted. Tyler drove for hours. He wasn’t homophobic. He’d met gay kids in college, but he didn’t really have any gay friends. He knew that Isaac hadn’t dated while they were in high school and in fact, neither had he. They both played baseball, liked science and history and loved their vehicles. Tyler thought of himself as having a low sex drive and being pretty much asexual. He masturbated once or twice a week and really wasn’t much interested in sex and hadn’t even considered having sex with a girl or a guy. In his mind, sex was something you did after you settled down and got married, had a house and wanted to start a family. He thought Isaac was the same way, although they had never really discussed it.

College was busy with studying and maintaining his grade point average and thus his scholarship. He assumed it was the same for Isaac. They hadn’t even gotten their first real jobs yet.

Tyler remembered that Isaac mentioned being in love with him since they were twelve years old and he tried to think back if he should have seen the clues. He kept going back to when they were twelve and tried to think of anything that could have been the catalyst. He kept coming up with all sorts of memories, which in retrospect were funny in a juvenile sort of way.

He couldn’t think of anything and then suddenly he remembered the Saturday morning that Isaac came bounding into his room before 9:00 a.m. without knocking and caught him just as he unloaded a gusher of semen as he jacked his cock. He remembered Isaac’s jaw dropping and the exhaled “ohhhhh!” He also remembered his dick going from stone hard to noodle limp in 0.00001 seconds as he frantically pulled up his sheets. Isaac had said, “I think I will go out and knock like this never happened.”

He had done just that. It was so embarrassing that Tyler never again masturbated unless the door was closed and locked and he was assured of his privacy. They never mentioned or discussed that incident again. They also generally did not talk about sex like all the other guys. It was subject they both just ignored.

Isaac expected Tyler to be shocked at his declaration, but he never expected Tyler to just jump up and bolt without a word. As his best friend sped away in his Jeep, a deep and abiding wave of remorse swept over him and he wondered if he had made a huge mistake. He sat and thought about it for at least an hour and deep down he hoped, no expected his friend to return and at least talk to him about it. But it was not to be. After another thirty minutes or an hour and half total, Isaac started his truck and headed home. He was adrift and didn’t know what to do to fix the problem he had created with his best friend.

Isaac was a lot like Tyler except he didn’t repress his interest in sex. He was just very discreet. He had discovered his penis when he was eight years old and considered it his favorite part of his body ever since. It had grown into a fine specimen over 7 inches in length with a circumcised helmeted head in the shape of a triangle. It was pink, slim and hung down over two rather large testicles and there was a shock of curly short brown pubes. He exercised his prong regularly, sometimes three and four times a day and he had numerous active fantasies that he dreamed about as well.

The next few days were an eternity for Isaac. He didn’t call Tyler and Tyler didn’t call him either. Isaac’s family finally noticed the funk their son was in and noted Tyler’s absence and asked him what was going on. He had no answer and didn’t want to tell his family what actually happened. So he put them off. He began to worry that Tyler would tell someone and the story would get out.

Isaac began to search the internet for jobs in other cities and in other states and started sending off more resumes. Isaac’s degree was in geology and he sent inquiries off to companies in the oil patches of Texas and also North Dakota. He soon started getting telephone calls and letters asking him to come for an interview and he started making plans to travel to Texas. He really didn’t want to work in North Dakota, especially in the winter.

Within two months Isaac had relocated to Waco Texas and was busy with work and making new friends. He often thought of Tyler, and had even kept his mobile number, but Tyler didn’t call and Isaac wouldn’t apologize for being himself, so he didn’t call either.

Meanwhile, Tyler's guilt that he'd bailed on his friend worsened over time but he couldn't bring himself to call and apologize. They'd been apart for four years while at university so the separation was usual, but the lack of contact via phone or the internet was more unsettling than he expected. Tyler went to several interviews in their hometown as his degree was in accounting and accepted a job in a mid-sized local firm and started to make some new friends. He continued living at home and started paying his mom and dad room and board and began saving and investing his money.

The major relationship consequence Tyler could not escape, was that now every time he masturbated, he thought of Isaac. As a result, he started avoiding that activity and only did so about once or twice a month. Tyler quickly became a boring and moody person and even his parents avoided him. They worried that their son was becoming depressed and needed professional help, but Tyler resisted any such talk.

Isaac meanwhile was making friends and getting comfortable with not hiding his sexuality, but had not come out to his parents although he suspected they knew anyway. He didn't consciously act gay, but didn't hide his orientation if asked. His circle of friends widened and he met several gay couples and wished he could find his mister right and not just a mister alright....

The years went by and suddenly both guys were approaching their thirtieth birthdays which were less than a week apart in June. Isaac was visiting his parent's home for a week and it was the Saturday before Father's day and his birthday when his mother asked, “Do you ever hear from Tyler?”

Not since I came out to him after we graduated college” Isaac replied, thus coming out to his mom. “He reacted in shock when I told him I had feelings for him. He panicked and suddenly left without a word and I haven't heard from him since then.”

Your father and I wondered what happened. Tyler was your best friend since you were five years old. You rarely squabbled or argued with each other and were just best buddies forever. We couldn't imagine what caused the sudden break-up. I think you should give him a call.”

A short time later and a few blocks away, Tyler's dad was confronting his son; “I saw Isaac at the gas station this morning. He looks well and we chatted for a bit. He loves his job down in Waco and proudly showed off his 2015 Chevrolet Corvette. He said he was in town for a week to visit his folks. Do you plan to call him?”

Tyler visibly paled and then looked embarrassed as he looked down and muttered, “I don't think so.”

Why not? He still has the same easy smile and laid back attitude he's always had” his dad replied.

He's gay” Tyler blurted out, his face blushing red.

He's still Isaac and he seems happy and well adjusted, while you have changed into an unhappy, almost miserable person that seems to avoid life” his dad sadly replied.

When confronted, Tyler as usual, bolted and left the house and got into his Toyota Corolla and drove away. Without friends to hang with, he just drove and found himself pulling into the White Castle and he decided to go inside and get some belly bombers and cheese fries for lunch. He got his order and looked for a small table or booth to eat his food in peace when he saw a familiar crowd at the big corner booth featuring several former classmates from highschool. He initially looked away to get a small table by himself and then decided he didn't need to be by himself and headed to the crowded corner.

Surprised, he was warmly greeted and another table was pushed up to the booth and chairs redistributed as he sat to eat. He had just taken a bite and was about to take a drink from his coke when he saw Isaac in the far corner of the booth and their eyes met. Isaac gave him a sad smile and Tyler in an unguarded moment gave him a sad smile back before looking quickly away. The excited chatter at the table continued unabated as the friends, many back in town for the Father's day celebration, were elated at the impromptu meeting and exchanged news. Conversations became animated and people exchanged seats as they filled each other in on their lives since highschool.

After one such shifting, Tyler found himself next to Isaac who looked at him and said, “I never meant to ruin our friendship. I'm sorry if I offended you that day.”

Tyler was boxed in by several classmates and had no place to run. He could no longer avoid saying something to Isaac and since no one was paying them attention, he whispered, “I still don't know how to handle it....”

Sounds to me like you have avoided handling it and your dad told me you were unhappy” Isaac replied and then continued: “We need to talk and you need to decide what is really bothering you. I will listen, but I will not apologize for being myself. Neither will I force myself on you or make any move, but I realized sitting here today that I missed my best friend.”

Several of their former classmates who were sitting close by them were looking at the pair and nodding their heads in agreement. Tyler blushed even deeper and wanted to run and hide but also wanted to be a man and that finally decided him. “Okay, let's go someplace private and talk” he said to Isaac as he stood up. Isaac nodded his head yes and stood too. They made their good-byes and headed out to the parking lot.

Isaac walked up to his 'vette and hit the remote and nodding to Tyler said “get in and buckle up.” Tyler gaped at the car for a while and then pulled himself together and got in marveling at the beautiful car. Isaac pulled out of the lot and headed in the direction of his house as he knew his parents were out running errands. He pulled into the driveway and parked his car to the side of the garage and motioned Tyler to follow him as he headed into the house. Once inside the kitchen, Isaac motioned to the kitchen table where the two of them used to do homework, and asked “want a glass of iced tea?”

Tyler nodded his head yes and sat with a million memories running through his head. He'd sat in the fourth chair which was the one he traditionally occupied and wondered how many times he'd eaten at that table,played board games there, did homework, or just shot the breeze talking. Anything to avoid thinking about what to say now....

Isaac brought the glasses of iced tea and sat down looking at his friend trying to decide how to get the conversation started. Tyler looked up and saw Isaac staring at him and didn't know how to start and gave Isaac a lost look. Isaac, taking pity on him, said, “spill it. Just start talking and don't worry how it sounds or if you have it all balanced out like a financial statement!”

Tyler talked for almost an hour straight. Looking down at his glass of tea and never making eye contact with Isaac. He turned beet red a couple times as he talked and he quivered a bit and barely managed not to let a tear spill from his moist eyes. He knew he was rambling and not making much sense, even to himself but it was like a dam had burst and he just kept talking or babbling, but he kept on until he ran out of words. He finally looked up and saw Isaac smiling at him.

I see,” said the geologist to the accountant, “you are so repressed that you have tied yourself into knots. However, I know how to fix the mess. Kiss me!” As he said that, Isaac grabbed Tyler's hands with his own and held on preventing him from bolting again.

Tyler for his part was pulling back and wanted to leave but Isaac wouldn't let go. Afraid they would tip over the table, they both stood and moved to the side and somehow they were pressing against each other, hands still interlocked at their sides. Faces, just an inch apart, seemed to move together on their own and they were kissing. They devoured each other and found themselves running out of breath and coming up for air they opened their eyes and looking at each other, got lost. While they seemed to have a hard time communicating, their bodies seemed to know what to do. They found themselves in Isaac's bedroom and their clothes seemed to melt away.

Tyler gave Isaac a smirking grin and said, “I thought you said you wouldn't force yourself on me.” Smiling, Isaac replied, “I lied!”

I'm glad” Tyler rejoined and then pushed a naked Isaac over on the bed and climbed on top of him. Unbeknownst to either of them, Isaac had unleashed a tiger, that was intent on devouring him. Isaac may have had the experience but Tyler's pent up enthusiasm was not to be denied as he kissed, licked, tongued, stroked, squeezed, rubbed and reveled in touching his friend everywhere.

                                                                    ____________

 

Forty years later, they were sprawled on their leather couch, Isaac's back comfortable against Tyler looking out their floor to ceiling window on the forty-seventh floor in their retirement condo overlooking the city of Dallas. Life was good for the long married couple and they were making plans for their upcoming seventieth birthdays. They settled on attending an inter-league baseball game between the Rangers and the Cardinals and getting a party suite and inviting their friends. Luckily a suite was still available and they booked it on-line and began planning on whom to invite as the suite was one of the larger ones and accommodated a hundred guests. They got on their social media sites and sent invitations.

                                                                                                   _____________

 

Ten years later, the couple found themselves on their couch again in a similar pose butt naked and still sweaty as they enjoyed the afterglow of their usual flip-flop lovemaking. Tyler was forever grateful that Isaac broke his promise so long ago and they had just celebrated the fiftieth anniversary of that initial session with one that was just as passionate albeit not quite as athletic. Their eightieth birthdays were almost upon them but they were making bigger plans for their fiftieth wedding anniversary in the fall. Their only regret was that they had no children or grandchildren to help them celebrate.

Isaac, the big spender, often goaded Tyler the accountant, into considering doing something special with at least a part of their huge net worth and Tyler had an idea but was still working out the details to see if it would be feasible.

 

Obituary:

Isaac and Tyler Kelleher were found in their bed appearing as if they had just gone to sleep on Wednesday evening by the police. The authorities had been called when the couple failed to show up for their ninetieth birthday gala to benefit their charity for homeless kids. No foul play was suspected and it appeared the two gentlemen went off to their eternal reward together.

A little short story that I wrote that I kept coming back to and decided to submit.

I hope you enjoy it. Comments are always appreciated.
Copyright © 2018 Daddydavek; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



1 hour ago, Headstall said:

Dave, this was so sweet. It was a very believable scenario, and I think it happens a lot that repression holds some of us back. You balanced the sadness at the beginning with the happiness these men had for sixty years, and left me with a smile on my face. Having them leave this world together was a beautiful touch. It's nice to see you back writing again. Cheers... Gary....

 

Glad that you liked it.  I've never stopped writing, but I am my own worst critic and sometimes I work a story to death...:huh:

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Tyler's initial reaction was horrible, but I'm glad they worked things out in the end.  This was lovely.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 minute ago, CassieQ said:

Tyler's initial reaction was horrible, but I'm glad they worked things out in the end.  This was lovely.  

 

Thanks Cassie!  A short story about a long life together that almost didn't happen.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Just now, stephanie l danielson said:

A very sweet story! I enjoyed this greatly :)

 

Thanks Stephanie!  It's the first short story I've posted and I wondered how it would go over. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Dodger said:

A nice story covering a lifetime. It could easily have been a lifetime of disappointment and misery for Tyler. Thanks @Daddydavek

 

Yeah, I think Isaac and Tyler were both lucky that Isaac didn't keep his promise and went for it, proving that sometimes life is worth taking a second chance.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I don't think we should be too hard on young Tyler. However, both friends should have seen the need to get in touch after a while. Sometimes parents are a good thing. Lovely to see them together for such a wonderful life. To love and be loved is really what it's about. Romantic love or not. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Puppilull said:

I don't think we should be too hard on young Tyler. However, both friends should have seen the need to get in touch after a while. Sometimes parents are a good thing. Lovely to see them together for such a wonderful life. To love and be loved is really what it's about. Romantic love or not. 

 

I don't think anyone was too hard on Tyler and yes both friends should have re-connected sooner, but life happens and people do tend to put unpleasantness off....

 

Thanks for reading and commenting and of course you are right, we all need to love and to be loved.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

It is sad to think about the years wasted, but it sounds like they more than made up for them. It was a sweet story with a sad middle. I especially enjoyed the series of vignettes at the end. Thanks for sharing.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

i read this yesterday and when i got to the part where they finally get together, i was disappointed.  The story and the  ______________  was at the immediate bottom of my screen.  I though well, meh.

 

However! When i scrolled down...what did i see?  MORE!  The updates you posted made the story imo.

 

Thanks for sharing.

 

tim

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
53 minutes ago, JeffreyL said:

It is sad to think about the years wasted, but it sounds like they more than made up for them. It was a sweet story with a sad middle. I especially enjoyed the series of vignettes at the end. Thanks for sharing.

 

Thanks for reading and commenting.  I tried to convey in a brief way that they enjoyed a great life after they got over their separation...

  • Like 4
Link to comment
37 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i read this yesterday and when i got to the part where they finally get together, i was disappointed.  The story and the  ______________  was at the immediate bottom of my screen.  I though well, meh.

 

However! When i scrolled down...what did i see?  MORE!  The updates you posted made the story imo.

 

Thanks for sharing.

 

tim

 

 

I can see where that was your reaction.   The_______________ was put there to show a fairly big break in time and I'm glad you revisited and found the rest of the story.  Thanks for reading and commenting!

  • Like 5
Link to comment

A sweet story Dave. You can’t hide from love. It will haunt you. An ending showing their connection. It’s a documented phenomena. Spouses passing together. Broken heart syndrome.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 4/22/2018 at 12:06 PM, Puppilull said:

I don't think we should be too hard on young Tyler. However, both friends should have seen the need to get in touch after a while. Sometimes parents are a good thing. Lovely to see them together for such a wonderful life. To love and be loved is really what it's about. Romantic love or not. 

I can give Tyler a pass on his initial reaction.  Hearing that your best friend is gay is one thing, hearing that he is gay and in love with you is a bit much all at once, so I can see why Tyler bolted.  However, shutting Isaac completely out of his life was a really shitty way to treat a friend, and they missed out on years of friendship (and more) because of it.    

  • Like 4
Link to comment
19 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

A sweet story Dave. You can’t hide from love. It will haunt you. An ending showing their connection. It’s a documented phenomena. Spouses passing together. Broken heart syndrome.

 

Thanks for reading and your kind words.  Somehow, them going out together was natural.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great story, Dave.. 

Tyler missed out on what could have been so much more. I’m going to say these things happen as they should and the time apart served them well. I am glad the two reconnected and got to live their lives together.  A wonderful love story.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 4/26/2018 at 7:18 PM, Defiance19 said:

Great story, Dave.. 

Tyler missed out on what could have been so much more. I’m going to say these things happen as they should and the time apart served them well. I am glad the two reconnected and got to live their lives together.  A wonderful love story.  

 

Tyler was in denial and living in avoidance...not a good place to be.  Thank heavens for White Castle and their chance reunion. :o

 

Thanks for reading and reviewing.  I appreciate your taking the time.  

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..