Jump to content
    Emi GS
  • Author
  • 745 Words
  • 666 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2016 - Fall - Blindsided / The Forgotten Entry

A Blind Spirit - 1. A Blind Spirit

Of spiritual world...

A Blind Spirit


When I looked back at my life, I knew I had turned a blind eye to so many happenings. It was easy to be blind to those kinds of things rather than forget them. Even though they were linked at the time, I could save them to my blind side, rather than waste my efforts and time on forgetting those horrible events. I am not talking about serious issues that strangle your hopes and desire to live, but about the simple things that break you into pieces and hurt you even more.

Someone once told me 'Time will heal.' And I recently heard a line from a movie: Time is the only unit of measure that gives proof to the existence of matter. Without time, we don't exist. I think it's true. It has been almost ten years since time consumed me. It trapped me in an unknown dimension where I now struggle between fate and time. And by now, everyone has forgotten my existence and the truth behind my disappearance.

I was a happy boy, a good teenager and respected young man. I had a good family and fine relationships with others as friend, brother, nephew, boy next door and good man. I was a respected person until I found my true love. I wasn’t being judged by myself, but by people around me. Actually, it was the people who lived with me-- my very family. It wasn't like they didn't love me. They were only afraid of the society that was going to make those nonsense comments about my choice of love. So, they just came up with what they could do.

I can remember that day clearly. It was my birthday. In our house, we never celebrated a birthday. Instead, I planned to go out with my lover. But strangely, my family woke me early in the morning to give me surprise wishes. My father bought me new clothes and my brother told me about the party he was arranging. My sister blathered nonstop about what they planned for the day. I called Richard and told him about all this. He was obviously disappointed, but happy about my family wanting to celebrate my birthday.

It was a stunning day with my family. I had never been so happy with them before. I decided to simply enjoy the day as it came. We went out for lunch and even went to the movies. I will never forget how happy I was on that day -- never! As the sun came down, we returned to the house. I was so full of emotion that I refused to eat dinner and went to my room to call Richard. He, too, teased me that I was behaving like a child who got his Christmas wish. I promised to meet him in the morning for breakfast and slowly drifted off.

But then, after an hour or two, my mom woke me up. My entire family, other than my brother's kids, was standing beside my bed. Mom placed a bowl in front of me. It was my favorite dessert: Rasmalai. She said she had made it especially for me, and everyone wanted to feed me a spoon. It was wonderfully delicious and they made me eat it all. As they left, I lay back on the bed, smiling, until I closed my eyes for the last time.

I did meet Richard that next morning when he came to see my body. My parents did not allow him see it though. And so, I left my home to be with Richard, and then turned my blind side to my family and the awful thing they did to me. I have never since left Richard's side. I saw his depression, watched his breakdown. Thankfully, I saw someone eventually come to love and care for him. I witnessed him get married and also the son he got through surrogacy. I have delighted in watching his child grow into a beautiful boy.

Now, after all these years, I sensed something ...someone. Someone related to me was hurting--badly I could feel his pain and the remorse that was tormenting him. It was my nephew. He was going through all the horrible things I had felt. He was now in my condition, from which I haven't survived too well. After all these years, the time had come to visit my family again--to not be blind to this boy.

A big thanks to Skinny Dragon for helping me with edits. A special thanks to Crafting Mom for proofing the story. I glad for their suggestions and their efforts to make my story into a fine story. I am very thankful to every reader for spending your time to read my story. But don't forget to tell me what you think before you leave.
Copyright © 2016 Emi GS; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2016 - Fall - Blindsided / The Forgotten Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

How disturbing that this is based on a true story. So sad that the family wanted to commit such a horrible act again. I liked how the 'ghost' felt the tug of need from his nephew. Good job. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You did a wonderful job with this, Emi. So mater of fact about the horrors of a culture's inability to accept, and what they sacrificed for the sake of 'honor.' It was disturbing, but needed to be told, and I commend you for the telling... using the ghost's POV was brilliant. Cheers, buddy... Gary....

Link to comment

Emi, I'm sitting here with tears running down my face because I had a feeling I knew where this was leading. That this was based on a true story makes it even more horrific. I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that there are people out there, FAMILIES out there, with absolutely NO sense of humanity, ethics, morality, but most of all, love. These families who can happily, with smiling faces, POISON their own child, brother, sister, etc., are not human to me. And over something no one can control! It's just unfathomable.

 

You did an amazing job of portraying a 'lost soul', Emi. I think you should try to publish this. Somewhere, anywhere. I don't know, it just really affected me. That's all I can say.

 

I'm going on to your next story now. I just gotta wipe my tears so I can see the damn screen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Such a heart-breaking tale, and I did not expect him to be literally killed. :o But somehow when I imagine the alternative horrors inflicted on poor gay boys by ignorant surroundings, they do not seem much better. They kill the spirit, even if the body stays alive. But I guess there's always the hope of escaping and finding love. We'll cling to that hope for his nephew, and that the ghost's brother will not accept the murder of his son as well. But if tragedy is repeated, maybe those two kindred spirits will find some comfort in each other. :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

A very haunting tale, and a lovely way to express how we linger to help those we love. Really interesting character and one I won't forget. Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

As others have said, it's most disturbing to know this is based a true happening; that a family killed a boy rather than have a Gay son, brother, nephew or cousin. Sad and sickening.

 

I have to say that Parker summed it up quite well, and I agree this is "A Well told dark vignette!"

 

Congratulations. Well done.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

My heart broke reading this. I hope for his nephew things will be different. That this is a true story makes me sick to the stomach. So very tragic. This one will linger a while Emi...
Well done...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I have to agree that its a dark storie but I love your take on the theme. Usualy when I think of the term "blind side" I don't think of it as something you would create for yourself.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Such a sad story... Reading it the same day I've just learned a friend of mine is dying of cancer makes this young man's horrible and senseless death feel even worse. Life is too precious to be thrown away... And for what? Stupid prejudice?

 

I sincerely hope his ghost can watch over his nephew. Perhaps offer guidance and strength.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

The spirit cannot be appeased without revenge ... well maybe by helping his nephew lead a happy and fruitful life to spite his other relatives ... then he'll be released from his limbo state ? Revenge !!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..