Jump to content

My Crimson Year

   (5 reviews)

Andy and Donnie have been friends since the beginning, growing up in the same neighborhood, sharing the same friends, and now playing football on the same team in middle school. They’ve been inseparable throughout it all; but now a new line has been inserted in the equation that is their lives, one they have to learn to deal with, or face having their friendship perish:

Love.

This story contains scenes of a sexual nature between teens.
Copyright © 2017

Story Recommendations (11 members)

  • Action Packed 8
  • Addictive/Pacing 9
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 4
  • Cliffhanger 3
  • Compelling 10
  • Feel-Good 11
  • Humor 10
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 7,780 Words
    • 3,114 Views
    • 25 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 8,716 Words
    • 2,188 Views
    • 20 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 8,422 Words
    • 1,909 Views
    • 18 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 6,964 Words
    • 1,867 Views
    • 25 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 6,907 Words
    • 2,192 Views
    • 36 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

KrisK

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

A friend recommended this story. I had to join the Gay Authors site to be able to read it, so I'm new here. Must say, the site is a bit overwhelming, but I'm not sorry I joined because this story was well worth the 'price of admission', as the saying goes.

Regarding the story, I appreciated the way in which the author realistically portrayed the characters, not hesitating to use some graphic language when the situation seemed to call for it. I'm an old fart, but I've been around teenagers enough to know that they don't pull any punches when it comes to expressing themselves. I don't have much patience for authors that whitewash that aspect of a teens character in a story.

I also thought the sexual exploration of the characters seemed realistic. The slow dawning of understanding of Greg's feelings toward Junie was thoughtfully unfolded and seemed very believable. I also really liked that the two protagonists, Andy and Donnie, were active in sports (football) as well as participants in drama (acting in a school play). Too often in coming of age tropes, the characters are cast as affiliated with one interest or the other. It was nice to see that Andy and Donnie were interested in, and did well in both.

It looks like this author is prolific on this site, so I look forward to reading more of his stories.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should read next?

Response from the author:

A very thoughtful review, and I very much appreciate it. Joining GA was a good move, as there are some very good writers here, and some wonderful things to read. Be prepared to have fun! :)

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Link to review
Jeff Burton

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is one of those stories that makes you pause and think for a moment when you're done reading it.  It is very well written,  and it just warms the heart.  I've read this story before posted elsewhere, and I'm happy to see it here on GA.

Response from the author:

Thank you for the kind review. :)

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
drsawzall

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

As well conceived and thought out a story to be found anywhere, hitting so many high points, as our protagonists are  overcoming setbacks on their voyage of self-discovery and personal relationships.

Well written, paced, enthralling, and just a delight to read!

Response from the author:

Thank you, sir! I always appreciate your very kind encouragement!  :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
chris191070

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Let's join Andy and Donnie, who along with there friends as they navigate the trials and tribulations of Middle School. 

A true delight to read.

Response from the author:

I always appreciate you taking the time to give me a smile! Thank you! :)

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

To friends, Andy and Donnie have been joined at the hip all their lives.  Now in middle school they face new challenges to their friendship.  How they and their friends met these challenges is an endearing story filled with humor.  They also have a great time with a common interest in football and a new interest in theater.  Read this great tale and don't miss out on all the fun.

Response from the author:

I'm always happy to hear from you, my friend! :)

Thank you!

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..