Jump to content
    grahamsealby
  • Author
  • 2,318 Words
  • 1,570 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

To Sammy With Love - 4. Chapter 4

Rick slowly emerged from the alcoholic haze that seemed to shelter him. With increasing awareness, came the realization that he was not in his own bed. There was a little pink bunny staring at him from the side dresser. He hated pink bunnies. He loathed pink bunnies. Then he remembered he passed out at Peters place last night - again. Embarrassing. In fact, he had slept in one of the girls beds.

Oh God, he thought - not again. This was becoming a bad habit. What do Peter and Brenda think of him? That he’s a lush? Not that Peter was any better. Pete had knocked back more beers when they got home and seemed on a course to drown himself. I just followed suit - Didn’t I? That’s me - Always a follower be.

Come to think of it, he hadn’t seen Pete so drunk in a long time. As if he was drowning out something unpleasant. Oh well, must get up to face the music.

Rick disengaged himself painfully from the bed and, carefully avoiding the mirror, shambled down the hall into the kitchen. Brenda, standing at the sink turned around at the sound of Ricks entrance and said –

“Oh Shit.” and then with much delight. “Rick you look terrible. Go and have a shower to freshen up before you go any further. I’ve put a spare towel in the bathroom. Use it, now. Quickly, get out of my sight before I call Triple 0.”

Ow, thanks Bren. Yeah, if I look as bad as I feel, I best try and wash it off. Can I have coffee when I’m finished? About 3 liters? Hey, where’s Pete?”

Brenda, trying not to laugh replied, “Taken the girls to swimming and yes, I’ll have some strong coffee for you when you’re ready.”

Twenty minutes later Rick returned to the kitchen feeling a little better after a good shower and shave with Peter’s razor. A large mug of coffee steamed enticingly beside a plate of toast.

I know you don’t take milk, so help yourself to the sugar.” invited Brenda.

Geeze, ta Bren - you’re an angel. Did it again didn’t I? You must think I’m a real lush. I shouldn’t drink. It goes straight to me head and I just don’t know when to stop. I’m not really such a mess as you think. Only when I get on the piss.”

Brenda turned serious when she replied, “Oh, belt up Rickie. Stop being so hard on yourself. I know you’re a decent bloke. In fact, probably the most decent person I know. So you have a few drinks occasionally. All guys I know do the same. In fact, I don’t like a man who doesn’t drink. It’s not as if you booze every day. I know you don’t. And by the way, the girls love their ‘Uncle Rick’. They peeked into Narrelle’s room when you were snoring, and had a fit of giggles.”

Oh, how embarrassing, Rick groaned. I guess I must’ve looked a sight.”

Dont worry Rick, they love you. In fact they take up at anything you say.”

Then Brenda then told Rick about Susie’s question the other morning. “We all have to watch what we say - they’re at that age.”

Geeze Bren,” Rick said enviously. “I wish I had kids. I really envy you and Pete - you’ve got great kids and a great marriage. Doesn’t look like I’m going to have a crack at being a parent. Nobody’ll have me.”

Dont say that Rick. You make me angry. Look, you’re only 29. There’s a lot of time left for you to settle down. I reckon you’d make a damn good father - and husband. Anyway, Peter and I have our problems. It’s not all fair sailing. In fact just recently, Pete’s been a little strange. Um, remote. He’s got something on his mind but keeps it to himself.”

Yeah, Agreed Rick. “He has been a bit pensive of late. I wonder if it has anything to do with Karl’s troubles?”

Rick, I know you’re dying to find out but it’s up to Maria and Karl. I can’t betray a confidence. I hope you understand.”

A little chastened, Rick replied, “Yeah babe, I really do. Sorry if I put you on the hot seat. It’s just that if a mate in trouble it’s my nature to want to help. Now, I feel a bit useless.”

Hey - that’s what I mean, you’re a great person. It’s not as big as problem as they think. I’m sure they’ll tell you soon. Anyway, did Peter say anything about having to go into work tonight?”

Tonight. He’s going into work tonight. Nah, didn’t say anything to me. I wonder why he’s got to go to work tonight. What did he say?” “Only that he had some setting up to do with some new equipment. He hasn’t done this before.” Brenda was sounding a little unsure.

Didn’tt say a word to me, Bren. In fact, it was a little strange. Karl had Maria’s cousin, names Sammy, with him at the footy yesterday and Pete hardly said a word to the kid. Not like Pete at all. Usually he’s very open with new people.”

Whats Sam like?” Enquired Brenda. “Maria told me he was coming down for her father’s birthday, today. Apparently, he had some family problems at home, with his father over in Perth. Maria’s mother helped him get settled in Melbourne.”

Yeah, something like that,” agreed Rick. “I reckon he’s a decent bloke. I liked him. In fact, I think I invited him to join our footy club and then come wenching with me.”

Oh Rick,” Laughed Brenda. “You’re probably the friendliest bloke I know. How did Karl get on with Sam?”

Yeah, Said Rick thoughtfully. “Ok I guess. You know Karl. Doesn’t say too much. Always plays it cool, close to his chest. Rick then finished his coffee and said, “Better fly, Bren. Thanks for the towel and coffee”, and then as an afterthought. “If Pete throws any more light on why he’s going into work tonight, I’ll let you know.”

The next morning Sam stayed in the guest room as long as possible, mainly to give Maria and Karl time to organize their day. Around 9 o’clock, he entered the kitchen where Maria was busy preparing food.

Morning cuz,” He said. “Getting a head start on all the preparations?”

Hi Sam” acknowledged Maria. “There’s coffee in the percolator - help yourself. And yes, it’s going to be busy. Not that there’s much to do, just salads etc. I’m going to make a few dips later. Right now Karl is getting the BBQ ready. Will you be able to give him a hand with the grog?”

Sure thing,” said Sam pouring himself a coffee. “I’ll finish this then go and help Karl.” Sammy wondered how Karl would be this morning, after their close and personal talk last night. Starting to peel potatoes Brenda asked -

Did you enjoy the footy yesterday? Didn’t have a chance to ask you last night. Both of you were very pissed.”

Smiling Sammy admitted, “Yeah. I guess we were. Hope I didn’t disgrace myself. It was a great day. The guys were very friendly. Especially Rick. He offered to take me wenching around the Peninsular.”

I can’t imagine a better offer for a gay man,” laughed Maria, and then continued. “Rickie is a big unspoiled hunk of a guy. He doesn’t seem to have a vindictive bone in his body. We all love him. Proverbially, he wouldn’t hurt a fly. He’s got a soft spot for Brenda - seems they went out a bit when they were young. By the way, only Karl and I know you’re Gay. But all our friends are pretty cool. You don’t have to worry.”

What should I be worrying about thought Sammy - I don’t give a damn about what people think. If they get all bitter and twisted, then that’s their problem. But some idiots can make any situation unpleasant. For everybody.

Out loud, he said, “I can handle myself Maria, but thanks for the advice.” And then as casual as he could sound, he enquired, “Peter seemed a nice bloke. A bit quiet, but very sincere. I take it he’s very fond of his wife? I didn’t get her name.”

Brenda. And you’re right. They are a very close couple. Brenda dotes on Peter and he’s a good father to the kids. He and Karl are close buddies, though I’m not overly keen on Peter. I find him a bit reserved at times - you know, he comes across a bit superior. But then none of us are perfect, except me, of course.” said Maria laughing.

Wow, thought Sammy. So Peters a good family man and it sounds like his marriage is solid. I should run now. How can I face the guy this afternoon, knowing this much about him? All he wants from me is a fuck. Another trophy. So what do I want from him, Love? Relationship? Wake up Sammy; it’s not going to happen. And it could get messy.

On that note, Sammy moved out of the kitchen to find Karl who was at the BBQ cleaning the grill. As he approached, he had a chance to study Karl, without being noticed.

As Karl scrubbed, Sammy could see the play of muscles across his back. The sweat of his effort made his tanned skin gleam. Karl’s board shorts had slipped down as he worked, and his tan line showed abruptly against the white skin of his buttocks. Sweat was oozing down from his back muscles and disappearing between his arse cheeks. What a sight thought Sammy.

Noticing Sammy approaching, Karl called out enthusiastically, “G’day Sammy - Sleep well? Or did you just fall into a coma, like me?”

Mornin Kuzin Karl. Yep, it’s all your fault. You and your mates led me astray. You reckoned you’ve got some young yokel from the far west who doesn’t know his arse from shit and you set out to get him pissed. Well”, laughed Sam “it worked - congratulations.”

Oh, don’t piss me off with all that innocence stuff,” retorted Karl smiling. “I reckon you held up real well. Much better than Rick - Legless again.”

Yeah, he does go down quickly after one or two beers, but he still remains a really nice guy. I’ve got a couple of friends who turn real nasty when the booze hits. I don’t like going out with them.”

I know what you mean. Yeah, Ricks a great guy. I guess I’m lucky to have good friends. Feeling thirsty? May as well start now to get through the day. To be honest Sammy,” Karl continued in a comradely tone. “I don’t relish spending a day with Marias parents. Her aunts’ OK, but I don’t get on very well with her brother - he can be unpleasant.” Karl continued “Jims alright. I think he’s dominated by Auntie Jean.” “I agree. I don’t know them very well and haven’t met my cousin Matt but, I’ve heard things. Not good things. Hey, I’ll go get a couple of cans, but first, is there anything I can do to help? I feel useless.”

Nah mate. Just stay with me. I need some moral support. Maria’s going to tell her mum today about my problem and I’m feeling apprehensive. Actually, I keep thinking about our talk last night. I’m starting to feel a little better. Haven’t said anything to Maria yet - I want to do some more thinking. Hey, piss off and get me a beer, please, pretty please.”

As you command master. I’ll be right back.” With that Sammy went into the house leaving Karl standing staring after him.

Hes actually a really nice young guy, thought Karl. Not what I expected. I’d like to be a friend if he’d let me. I’m certainly feeling very lonely right now. There’s something about Sammy that intrigues me. I’d like to spend more time with him.

When Sammy returned with their beer Karl continued, “I really enjoyed our talk last night. Seems life has dealt us both a challenge. I really admire you Sam; you seem to have your head on straight. I can only imagine what you must have gone through growing up.”

Yeah”, agreed Sammy. “But where I had time to accept being Gay - you were dealt a sudden bombshell. If anything, I reckon you’re holding up well. What is it? Only a little over a week since you found out. Now you’ve got to tell both sets of parents. That’s hard. Really hard. I can remember feeling guilty when my mother lamented that she wouldn’t ‘become a grandmother ’.”

Listening intently Karl asked, “So what happened when you told your Dad? How did you do it?”

It was hell. I knew there would be a bad scene, so I guess I prepared myself for a walloping. In any event, he just stared at me – said nothing, but a look of absolute loathing spread across his face. Then told me he was disgusted. I thought, given time, he would relent, but, well - here I am.”

Shit. sighed Karl. “I guess I’m in for the same. You don’t know what German fathers are like. They . . .” but then Sam interrupted with,

Geeze Karl, listen to what you’re saying. It’s not your problem how your father feels - it’s his. You’ve enough to deal with without worrying about your Dad. I mean, isn’t it more important what Maria feels? Parents can go fuck. Just worry about you and Maria.”

Yeah, you’re right. Hey, Sammy, you’re good to talk to. But hey, enough of this, I guess it’s my turn for more grog - can you just finish the grill for me?”

Copyright @2011 Graham Sealby<br />All rights reserved
  • Like 13
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..