Jump to content
    grahamsealby
  • Author
  • 2,597 Words
  • 1,635 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

To Sammy With Love - 16. Chapter 16

/

As outings go, today was a great success. After Luke was delivered to his mother's place, Peter then drove him to the MCG. To Luke it was all new and exciting. All the way in, he prattled on about nothing in particular, but everything in general. It felt good to see a young lad so happy. He was like a sponge - soaking up all these new experiences and sights. True to Peters promise, they were admitted to a private box at the MCG and watched the game in comfort- surrounded by all the pleasures of a private box - great food, drinks and excellent seats.

The atmosphere at the MCG over-whelmed Luke. The stadium was packed. Carton was playing Essendon and over 80,000 people had packed into this magnificent arena. The roar of the crowd, the riot of colors and the thrilling action of the players all combined to give Luke a new life experience. And to add to that, the game was close - Essendon winning by 2 points.

And Peter introduced Luke to important people who, upon knowing that this was Luke's first time at the footy, took pains to make him feel important. In fact, Luke’s wide-eyed enthusiasm brought back tender memories to several adults, recalling their first time at the MCG.

Peter also lent his mobile phone to Luke so he could call his mother. And he did - at least once every quarter and then some.

The game over, they were driving back to Billee’s place when Peter asked -

“Well - What do you remember about today that really impressed you?” adding, “I suppose that’s hard seeing you experienced a lot of new things. But something must have stood out as the one thing you’ll remember most.”

Without hesitation Luke answered - “Being taken to the Footy. I know I had a stupendous time at the MCG, and the special box and all the goodies, and all the people, but just to go to a footy game was sumfing I’d always wanted to do. I can’t thank you enough Peter. My mum reckons you’re a good guy - I reckon you’re the best.”

“Well, I enjoyed taking you Luke and I’ll do it again before the season ends. Believe me, if I could get tickets to the Grand Final I would. Trouble is, everyone wants to go, so their very hard to get. But, I’ll still try. You’d love it. But tell me Luke, and I don’t want to pry, but have you asked your Dad to take you to a footy game?”

“Yeah. Couple of times he said he would and then cancelled out. Some excuse or other. I’m trying to love him Peter but right now I don’t even know if I like him. But me mums great. I know I’ve been difficult at times, but she’s never let me down. Always there. I’m a lot better now, and it’s all due to mama.”

“I know - She’s a great lady. I think, Luke, she’d do anything in the world just to make you happy.”

“I like being with you Peter - You’re a really nice man.” Comforting as that may be, Peter was still beset by troubling thoughts.

What about my girls. Do they think I’ve let them down? I bet Brenda’s been bending their ears telling what a bastard I am. Sad. All I can do is let them know that they’re still in my heart. They have to know that I’ll never stop loving them.

What about Luke? I’d really like him to be the son I’ll never have. Suddenly, I find there’s room in my heart for all three. Driving along, with Luke by my side talking about footy is totally enjoyable. It feels real good. But wait - How is he gonna react when he finds out I’m Gay. Now that’s a nasty thought. Trust me to be negative. Let’s cross that bridge when I have to.

But, right now--- I feel fucking good.

When they finally arrived home, Luke flew out of the car and crashed into Billee both physically and verbally.

Billee eyes met Peter and she mouthed a silent thanks. Looking at the two of them together, talking about footy and arguing about player’s abilities, made Billee realize how much Luke had missed adult male company.

Max, you’re an idiot. You don’t realize what you’ve lost.

But she had to talk to Peter about Sammy’s phone call. At the first possible moment she turned to Peter and asked -

“When was the last time you spoke to Karl?” A bit mystified Peter responded,

“Couple of days ago - He called me late one afternoon. Said he was sorry he hadn’t contacted me sooner. Seems he was in good spirits. I told him I agreed about his break with Maria. It just didn’t surprise me. Fact it was not long after Sammy’s mum went back to Perth. Umm- Why do you ask?”

“Well, Sammy called when you were at the footy. It seems Maria’s gone and got herself pregnant. Obviously, not with Karl. According to Sammy, Karl’s a basket case and Sammy’s just holding him together. I reckon -”

“Maria - Maria’s pregnant. You’ve got to be joking. Holy Shit. That’s just plain awful. Maria - pregnant. How? Shit! - Karl must be devastated. He was depressed enough to learn that he was barren. I mean, that’s bad in itself. But to learn that Maria has been unfaithful would destroy Karl. Shit, Shit, Shit. How is Sammy coping with Karl?”

“Barely, hence the call this arvo. You should meet with Karl as soon as possible and give him you’re support. He needs you, Pete. Apparently he keeps lapsing into German.”

Oh Shit. He reverts to German when he’s distressed. Sammy should put Karl on a suicide watch. Uummm - what time does Luke have to be back in school tomorrow?”

“Latest around 4:30. We should leave here by about 2 o’clock”

“Right,” Said Peter thinking aloud. “I’ll call Karl and arrange a meet for about 10 in the am - if that works for Karl. Ahh - what about tonight’s sleeping arrangements? Three people, two beds and a couch?”

“Err, not a problem. Luke can share my bed. It’s only for one night.” But Peter, somewhat hesitantly said,

“Don’t think that’s a good idea. He’s a young man now and shouldn’t sleep with his mother. How about I take the couch and Luke can crash in my bed?”

Listening, Luke became more indebted to Peter. “It’s OK - I’ll take the couch. After all Peters’ done for me today - I owe him heaps.”

 

When Peter called he could only speak to Sammy. Karl was asleep. But Peter wanted to talk to Sammy anyway.

“Billee passed on the news about Maria,” said Peter “I still can’t believe it. What an unfaithful little bitch she’s turned out to be. How’s Karl taking it?”

Its amazing isn’t it, thought Sammy. Peter being unfaithful to Brenda by screwing me is Ok, but Maria doing the same made her a bitch. Males.

“Bloody hell, I’m glad you called Peter. I’ve never seen a bloke so devastated. Did you know he lapses into German when he gets emotionally down? Luckily, I did a bit of German at school so I can sort of follow him. But he’s a very crushed person. I’ve been worried he could kill himself.”

“As well we all should.” agreed Peter. “I haven’t had a long chat with him since I ‘came out’. So much has happened so quickly. I thought maybe Karl and I could get together around 10 tomorrow morning. Can’t do it any later - we’re taking Luke back to school in the arvo.”

“Nah - That’s not gonna work for Karl. At least I don’t think so. He said he’s going over to his folks place tomorrow morning to tell them about Maria. How about I get him to ring you when he wakes?” “Look - better still, I’ll meet at the Seaford pub, about 5 Monday afternoon. If that’s not Ok get him to ring me.”

“Right - will do.”

“And Sammy, how are you doing? I think about you all the time. As much as I want to see you, I’m scared that Brenda’s gonna drag you into my mess. I just want you to know that I haven’t forgotten. If only I wasn’t married . . .”

“Hey Pete - don’t sweat. I know that it’s all for the best. You need to get your marriage and your family life sorted before you can think about any relationship. I reckon if Brenda found out we’re living together, she’d become really feral. She’d destroy us Pete. It just wouldn’t work. Anyway, I ’m glad you’re with Billee. She’s good company and a willing shoulder to cry on. Also, she understands us Gays. Tell me, how are you feeling about ‘coming out’? How do you feel in yourself?”

“A lot better,” Peter admitted. Then continued. “I know I’ve hurt the girls and Brenda, but I also know that in the long run, it’s gonna be better for all. From what I hear, Ricks been spending a lot of time with Brenda. Actually, if she marries him, it would be a good move. Not that I’m too fond of Rick mind you. He’s a sneaky little shit. Only time will tell, Sammy - only time.”

“You sound positive Pete. That’s real good. Don’t forget we’re here if you need any help. Christ - a lot has happened, hasn’t it?”

“Yep. Any way – it’s good to talk. Relay my message to Karl when he wakes up. And Sammy - watch over him will you. Karl keeps his emotions real deep.”

 

The next day, being Sunday, Maria and Brenda met for Sunday brunch at a place called ‘The Court House’, which was a historical site now converted into a coffee shop. The house specialty was hot yummy muffins. Heavenly.

What a contrast the two women represented. Brenda, being a victim, was bolstered by expressions of sympathy. She reveled in the attention. She was noble in her suffering and was gracious and dignified in her misery. Maria, on the other hand was just a slut - or so the mindset went. She had sex with another behind her husband’s back. Harlot. Whore. Jezebel. But then, of course, she was having a baby, so that was alright. Wasn’t It?

Their first priority was to order. Mud chocolate muffins for Brenda but Maria opted for scones. Black, for Brenda and white, for Maria.

Brenda, being the victim, rightfully opened the batting.

“You’re looking a bit drawn. You must take good care of yourself now. You’ve got two lives to consider. Are you following proper medical advice?”

“Oh sure, being in my first trimester everything seems normal. But it’s my mother. You’d think she was having the bloody baby.”

“In a sense she is,” Laughed Brenda. “Mothers, being prospective Grandmothers, are usually a bloody nuisance. What’s Ron role in all this. How do you feel about him?”

“Well, what little I knew about him before, I liked. Of course he doesn’t have Karl’s good looks but he’s certainly more open and endearing. He’s talking about getting married as soon as possible. As true as my mother says a ‘good looking husband can be a problem in any marriage’. I told Ron that it’s too premature to consider marriage. I’m not going there until after the baby’s born. For the present I’ll just stay being an unmarried harlot.”

“Don’t be too hard on yourself,” Admonished Brenda. “You’re only human. We all make mistakes. But many times our mistakes turn out to have a positive outcome. I mean, you’re gonna become a ‘mum’ and that’s something you, and your mum, have wanted for some time. At least you’re not dealing with the filth that I have to contend with. My husband is a poofter. A filthy queer. How could I have not known? When I th . . .”

Brenda was interrupted by the arrival of their order. Marias scones were huge, whilst Brenda muffins looked positively evil. Both women fell avidly on the goodies and any sensible talk was suspended for the time being.

“How do they get their scones to be so light inside but crunchy on the outside?” Maria managed as demolished her first scone.

“Apparently the chef uses soda water in the mixture, or so Janet Tyson says. And she should know - she’s a bloody good cook.” “Mmmmmmm - whatever” Maria mumbled through a full mouth”. How’s your muffin?”

“Good enough to eat, again and again and again. I could get fat just looking at the damn thing. Sure is better than an orgasm.”

Now satiated by the food, Maria asked -

“So - what’s happening with you and Rickie? I know he’s been in your life a lot more than usual.”

“In a sense I’m a bit like you. I married a good-looking man who just turned out to be a sleazy poofter. Rickie is just the opposite - he assures me he’s not queer.”

“Don’t evade the question. Are you romantically involved with Rick?”

Now, as Brenda didn’t want to water down her standing as a victim, she was careful in her response.

“I like him a lot and he’s been really super with the girls. I’m just still too devastated with what that filthy creature did to me to think down the line. But, yes, he’s been a great comfort to me through the entire trauma. He’s also disgusted with that insect that I used to call ‘husband’.”

“Brenda - I don’t like hearing you talk like that. Whether you like it or not, Peter is still a human being and the father of your children. You’re sounding bitter and if you don’t lighten up, you’ll become a bitter old woman. Get over it. Move on.”

“Get over it, you say. Get over it. How can I get over it when every time I think about what he and your cousin do together I feel sick. Sick. I don’t want to get over it. Ever. Never.”

“Well - If it’s any comfort. I hear that Peter and Sammy are not seeing each other anymore. Seems that since Karl moved in with Sammy they’ve become close. Peter is boarding with a nice lady called Billee who looked after Sammy when he first came over from Perth. So you should start to move on and get a new life before you become hopelessly and irreversibly bitter.”

“You mean your cousin is doing evil things with Karl. With Karl. That’s impossible. I refuse to believe it.”

“It’s called sex Brenda and sex isn’t evil. However, wouldn’t surprise me with Karl. He’s one of those persons who are happy to let deep friend ship go the whole way. It wouldn’t surprise me if Peter and Karl didn’t have a fling at some stage. They sure were good friends. I think the term is ‘bi-romantic’.”

“Shit Maria, how you can sit there and say that. Aren’t you disgusted? Angry even. I think that men who have sex with other men are despicable. They should be culled at birth.”

“My brother agrees with you,” Maria sighed. “And he’s doing 15 years hard. There’s nothing wrong with being Gay, Brenda. It’s not a choice people make. Don’t be too hard. What if one of the girls turned out Gay? Hmmm?”

“They can’t. I’m giving them both a good Christian upbringing.”

font face="Courier New,Courier,monospace">​Thank, you for reading so far. I really enjoy all the reviews I've received. They keep me motivated and are extremely helpful to improve my writing style
Copyright @2011 Graham Sealby<br />All rights reserved
  • Like 13
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

U should ve giving meanings to some of the Aussie terms. And German words that would ve really helped nice story just sad it looks like Peter is going to lose Sammy 

Link to comment
On 1/25/2016 at 8:44 PM, Timothy M. said:

I'm glad you got the chapter sorted out. Although, I must admit the story has taken an unexpected turn.

Ikr wasn't expecting dat

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..