Jump to content
    grahamsealby
  • Author
  • 5,141 Words
  • 1,848 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

To Sammy With Love - 8. Chapter 8

The only gauge as to whether a surprise party is a success is - was it a surprise?

Peter had invited Karl and Maria over for dinner to celebrate Karl’s birthday. They were to arrive at 7pm. Now, a little after, Peter answered the doorbell and, after shaking Karl’s hand, directed them into the house. Telling Karl he wanted him to see something outside he led Karl, with Brenda and Maria following, out onto the darkened back patio. At a signal from Peter, Brenda hit the lights, disclosing forty odd people who shouted in unison - “SURPRISE! SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY”!

Karl was dumbfounded. He really had no inkling of a party being planned. As people crowded around him he recognized his parents, Maria parents, Rick, Ron the barman and then Sammy and a host of other friends and acquaintances from work. His handsome, tanned face split into an infectious grin.

Peter stood back and let the merriment progress. Brenda and Maria also watched happily, knowing that all their preparations had been to the good. After a little while, Karl came back and kissed both Maria and Brenda in appreciation. When Peter finally dragged him away to get a beer, Karl said---

You bastard. You dirty rotten bastard. First time since I’ve known you Pete, that you kept a secret”

Peter gave a comradely laugh at the jibe and replied “Well, this is one secret I’ve enjoyed keeping - you deserve it Karl.”

At that point Karl’s parents came over with their own subdued congratulations. Karl’s dad was German pompous, but he good- naturally shook his hand. His mother landed a very motherly kiss on both cheeks. Then the party settled down to some serious boozing and heaps of food.

Sammy went out of his way to avoid Peter - a stratagem they had both agreed on. He felt a little out of place not knowing most of the people there. His aunt Gwen came across and tried to be friendly. But the conversation was awkward. No one will ever forget Nat's words. It was like an invisible barrier between himself and his relatives.

He spied Rick and remembering his previous warmth, he strolled across to where Rick was jabbering to some of his mates.

Gday Rick. Remember me. It’s Sammy.”

Oh yeah Sammy. I’d like you to meet some of me mates.” And then introduced Sammy to the group.

When he’d finished he grabbed Sammy’s arm and gently steered him away from the boys.

We need to talk Sammy. I didn’t know you were gay. You should have told me. I made a right fool of meself, asking you to come wenching with me. You should’ve told me.”

Well you didn’t make a fool of yourself, as you say. So please don’t feel hurt. I really enjoyed your company and, to be frank, I was looking forward to meeting you tonight. And don’t be alarmed - I’m not going to seduce you. You’re much too young and ugly for my taste in guys. I’ve got a lot of straight friends - nobody really cares.”

Yeah well, Mornington’s a small place and we’re all pretty basic down here. Most guys would find it difficult to be seen talking to a gay guy. In fact, to tell the truth, I’m feeling a bit uncomfortable just talking now. I mean you’re a nice guy. But if folks know your gay and I’m seen talking to you, they might think I’m gay too.”

Oh - I see. Guilt by association. What bullshit. Nobody’s gonna think you’re gay because I’m talking to you. C’mon Rick, this is the twenty first century.”

Maybe. But take a guy like Peter who’s as straight as you can get. I don’t think Pete would like having a gay guy around. Remember, it’s his house. But anyway, just don’t say anything to my friends will you, they can become feral.”

Biting his tongue to stop getting angry, all Sammy said was “You don’t have to worry about me. Your friends are safe. In fact, I’m getting so much sex I can’t handle any more. C’mon, lets join the group, otherwise they might become suspicious.”

Hey. Come here arsehole. I want some words with you.” Karl, who had by now several cans under his belt, grabbed Peter and steered away from the group he was talking to. Peter too, was well on the way to alcoholic bliss.

“’Fore I get too drunk, I just wanna say thank you for the party. It’s real nice of you to lend your home for me. I’m having a ball. When I sober up tomorrow, I’ll come by and thank Brenda properly. It’s been a great turnout. Here, let me get you another beer - You sneaky old bastard.”

Ta muchly.” Peter laughed. “Anything I can do for my ‘ol buddy is a pleasure.”

Yeah, well, I really needed something. My life’s going to shit at a gallop. Sometimes ’ol buddy, I just feel like sitting down and bawling my eyes out. And I’ve got this feeling that it’s only gonna get worse.”

Youre talking about shooting blanks?” Peter enquired. “What’s happened now? I thought everything would calm down eventually.”

Nope. Nooope it’s ‘snot. Seems I’ve got Marias family against me. Not that they’ve said anything but I’m getting a silent message from the arseholes. Especially that fuck-wit Nat. That guys bad news. Well anyway, Maria and I went to see a marriage counselor yesterday and she all but said there are only two options. And not very nice ones. The bitch is only thinking about Maria - NOT ME.”

Ok, Ok - calm down.” Peter put his arm around Karl to comfort him.” Don’t get yourself too riled up. Try and enjoy the party. Why don’t we meet tomorrow and we can talk more comfortably.”

Yeah, thanks mate. I’d really like that. I admire you, Pete. Seems you’re the only one in my corner. I feel the whole world closing in. That’s why I’m so happy about the party. You’re a great buddy. Hey, what have you and Sammy been up to?”

Nothing. Peter said after a moment’s hesitation. “Why do you ask?

Oh the grapevine said that Brenda found a note from Sammy in your pocket. And well, you know what women are - nosy.”

I honestly can’t remember. I’ll ask Brenda about it. She hasn’t said a word to me. Probably nothing important. Hey, I need a piss.” But as Peter walked away he thought -

God I sounded lame. I wonder, even in his half-pissed state, whether Karl will recognize how evasive I was. What a lame answer I gave. Another lie. They just keep piling up. Have another beer Pete and go on pretending.

But to Karl something wasn’t right. Even though he’d had a few cans he was uneasy - resentful.

Im not so pissed that I know when someone’s being evasive. I suppose I’ve been dwelling on my problems and not recognizing that others have issues too. Pete deliberately didn’t answer my question. Why? It’s no big deal. What could be so hush hush? Dammit. I’ll worry about it tomorrow. Back to the party. But why do I feel so put out?

Peter came out of the toilet and, standing on the top step, surveyed the party crowd. It’s amazing, he thought, how an Aussie get-together develops an unwavering pattern. First, a mixed group of young people; then a group of young males, then a group of young females and lastly the ‘oldies’. But everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. He had strung colored lights around the BBQ area which gave the area a carnival atmosphere. Pete didn’t know all the invitees, only their common friends.

But then he spied Sammy who was standing all alone, trying to look as if he was enjoying himself. Their eyes met and Peter waved an acknowledgement.

This is stupid, he thought. I can’t leave Sammy all alone. He must feel wretched. Bugger our agreement - I’m going over to him, and to hell with what people might say.

And Peter strolled over to where Sammy was standing, all alone and bravely clutching his beer.

Hi Babe. Isn’t this fucking sick. All I want to do is put my arms around you and walk around like any other couple. Instead, we have to play games.”

Yeah. Sammy responded looking grim. “I’ve been told by Rick not to seduce any of his mates. Can you believe that?”

Oh, that’s good, that’s really good,” Peter laughed. “Who would want to have sex with any of those cretins? They can’t even get a woman. I bet Rick hasn’t had a root in six months, if not more. I bet he could write a manual on masturbation.”

I can believe that. Isn’t it hilarious how ugly straight men always assume they’re going to be raped by us queers. Sometimes they’re so ridiculous all you can do is laugh at them. And by the way, your wife is a very lovely girl. I haven’t met her yet - thought it may be wise to stay away.” “Well, if it happens, it happens. Don’t fret about it. Where are you staying tonight? I hope you’re not driving back tonight. I don’t want you being breathalysed.”

No,” Sammy said. “I’m staying with Karl and Maria. I’ll get up early and drive back then. Karl looks as if he’s having a good time - and getting thoroughly pissed. Have you ever tried his schnapps with a beer chaser?” “Yeah,” Peter said ruefully. “I’ve been there with him many a time. Seems it’s a German tradition. Hey talking about Karl, I think he’s going through hell about being barren. I know he talked to you about it. Did you know that they’ve been to see a marriage counselor?”

No - that’s getting pretty serious I reckon its gunna get worse. My aunt Gwen and her tribe have always been feral. My mum doesn’t have a lot to do with her. I guess she’s alright, but her son Nat is an animal. Jim’s not much better. No, that scene could get ugly.”

Well, if you get a chance, see if you can help Karl. He thinks the worlds against him. I mean he said at the counselor’s place, all they talked about was poor Maria. Considering Karl’s family background, he must be devastated. Do what you can baby. He needs as many friends as he can get right now.”

Will do. And I imagine the tongues are wagging right now watching you talking to me.”

Fuck ’em.”

Gwen walked into the kitchen laden down with two bowls of yummy looking wine trifle. They looked a riot of color with jelly, custards, cake and nuts thrown in wild abandon. Brenda was whipping cream to go on the top of each. Gwen reasoned, from long experience, that only the females of the horde would partake.

Geeze Gwen, you’re my heroine. I love wine trifle. It takes me back to being a little kid, when every Sunday lunch we had a roast of some sort followed by wine trifle.”

Well, why don’t you carve yourself a big helping while I dole them into serving dishes.”

While Brenda dipped in, Gwen continued, “Has Maria said anything to you about their visit to the marriage counselor?”

No - Not yet,” Said Brenda forking in mouthfuls of the delicious dessert. “We haven’t had time so far. Getting organized for the party has been uppermost. I believe you recommended they go and visit?”

Yes I did. We went shopping earlier this week and I left Maria browsing while I went to select a present for a friend’s granddaughter. I happened to turn around to say something to Maria. I’ll never forget the look on Marias face. I can still picture the scene. She had picked up a baby’s rattle - And simply broke down. She kept saying “Mum. I’ll never have babies of my own, will I?” She was distraught Brenda. Frankly, I was afraid for her. Sometimes all it takes is for something unimportant to break down barriers. As a mother, I felt useless. She really wants her own children. She just can’t have any with Karl. That’s why I recommended they both go see a marriage counselor. I just hope I’m not seen as interfering.”

No, you’re not. You did what any mother would do. Oh god Gwen, I don’t know the answer. She loves Karl and is desperate to have kids. What a dilemma. I know I’m sounding selfish, but I’m so glad it’s not me.” “Yes, I understand,” Gwen sighed. “Karl is a very beautiful young man but, as you know, that’s not going to last forever. It’s their future down the line I’m concerned about. Kids have a way of keeping families together. They put a meaning into any relationship, as you well know. What’s going to happen when she’s in her Fifties and no kids to fuss over. She’ll never be a grand-mother. Oh, every time I think about it I get depressed. Let’s take these truffles outside eh, enough of this. It’ll have to work out - one way or another.”

At that moment Maria came into the kitchen and, seeing Brenda and her mother struggling to get the ‘trifles’ organized, she began to pitch-in.

Thanks Maria,” Gwen said gratefully. “I appreciate the help. How are you enjoying the party?”

Well, I think it’s been a great success. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves and Karl is well on the way to being pissed. But you know what really rankles me, he hasn’t so much as said ‘Thanks’ to me. Seems he’s expressed his appreciation to all and sundry, except me.” “Oh come on Maria,” admonished Brenda. “He’s probably too excited. I’m sure he’ll express his gratitude very pleasantly, when he sobers up.”

This brought a gentle titter from Brenda and Gwen whilst Maria just blushed.

Brenda was talking to a group of friends when she grabbed Rick as he was walking by.

Rickie---Got a sec?”

Hey Bren. I’se just going for a leak. But just to get a chance to talk to the prettiest girl of the party, I’ll put me bladder on hold. Me and me bladder are at your service.”

What a load of bull-shit,” Laughed Brenda. “Who is that young man Peter’s talking to?”

Ah yes - that’s our Sammy. And he’s a what, not a who.”

The word play was lost on Brenda as her curiosity kicked in. “Where did Peter meet him. I’ve not heard his name mentioned before?”

Oh, Bren, he met Sammy when we all met him that day at the footy. He’s Marias cousin. I guess that’s the first time Peter met him, I guess. Anyway, he’s not the sort of guy that Pete would invite if he wasn’t Marias cousin.”

Not the sort. What do you mean - Not the sort?”

Hes a poofter, Bren.” This was said in aloud drunken voice so that several people turned around to look at Rick.

Hes Gay? He doesn’t look Gay. He’s a homosexual?” Brenda was stunned. And then she remembered something that Maria had said in passing.

Yep, slurred Rick. “He sure is. But I thought Maria or Karl would’ve told you. Seeing he was invited to your place. They shouldn’t invite undesirables to another person’s house. Hey, sorry babe, now I gotta have a piss.”

As Rick left on what would be one of many visits to the ‘john’, Brenda went inside and found the message left in Peters pants. With Sammy in her sights she dialed the mobile number. And watched as Sammy pulled out his phone to answer the call. Brenda quickly disconnected.

So that’s Sam. And he’s Gay. And he left a message for Peter to call him. Oh, this is getting curious. Why would Peter want his phone number? And for that matter, why would he give Peter his phone number?

The speeches over, Sammy decided he’d had enough and went looking for Maria. If she’d give him their keys, he’d catch a cab to their place. As Rick had studiously avoided him all night, he was damned if he was going to say goodbye. Why is it that decent guys turn ugly at the very mention of someone being gay? Perhaps because they’re not so decent.

Looking for Maria, he felt a tap on his shoulder, and turning round there was Brenda. He immediately got defensive. This is shit he thought. “Hi, I’m Brenda, Peters’ wife,” she offered. “You’re Samuel, aren’t you? Marias cousin. Pleased to meet you.”

Oh yeah, Brenda - Hi. I was just looking for either you or Peter to say goodnight and thank you for a great party. You certainly went to a lot of trouble for Karl. I’m sure he appreciates the effort.”

Oh, you’re not going are you? It’s too early to go yet. Tell me, had you met any of Karl’s friends before? I think Rick mentioned you to me. I’m sure he wouldn’t want you to go.”

Oh, I’ll catch up with Rick again. But I live up in Melbourne, so I’m staying overnight at Maria’s place. I’ll take off early back home. I need time to get rid of the alcohol. I’ve just got a car so it wouldn’t be good to get pinched for being over the limit, and Karl offered me work with him which means I’ll need a car because I’d have to travel from Melbourne to wherever Karl’s working and I’ve just come over from Perth so It wouldn’t be good to be fined so soon after arriving in Melbourne and my friend Billee needs me to drive up to see her son Luke, who’s in a special school because he’s got ADD and I would be letting her down if I couldn’t drive -.”At this point Sammy ran out of stupid things to say.

I see.” said Brenda with a little smile. “That’s very commendable. I wish all young guys could be as responsible as you seem to be. Maria said you only came over from Perth a few months ago. It must be hard trying to settle down in a completely new place, away from your family. I gather you didn’t know Maria very well and had never met Karl.”

Yeah, that’s right. I came down for my Uncle Jim’s birthday and only really got to know Maria and Karl then.”

She seems ok. What am I feeling so guilty about?

You poor thing. So, aside from meeting Rick and Peter at the football, you really don’t know anybody else here. It must be trying. Have you made many friends in Melbourne?”

Not a lot. I’ve become very good friends with the lady I’m sharing with, but aside from that - no, not many. You see my work’s a bit itinerate. But Karl has offered me a job with him and I’m looking forward to it.

Is it my imagination or am I being interrogated?

Looking interested Brenda remarked, “That’s real good of Karl. Does that mean you’ll relocate down here?”

Nah - I’m happy where I am. As I said, Billee’s turned out to be a great mate. I wouldn’t want to leave, except - and he laughed “Unless, of course, she throws me out.”

Laughing with him Brenda said “Oh, you seem like a level-headed young man. I don’t think there’s any danger of that. Well it’s been good to chat with you Samuel. I’m glad we met. Now I should get back to my hostess duties for this savage mob. Nice meeting with you - Look after yourself.”

Yeah, you too. Nice to meet you, Brenda.”

Gawd, that was hard. How is Peter going to hurt a nice person like that? She seems so basically good. Ok, she was fishing for info, but who could blame her. She senses that something’s not right and just needs reassurance, even if she doesn’t understand that her marriage is in danger. That’s human. Shit. I wish I hadn’t met her. This whole thing is becoming messy. I just don’t want to be involved. I can see that I’m going to be blamed for breaking up Peters’ marriage. No Way. No, no way.

Brenda, on the other hand was glad she met Sammy.

I thought that went well. What’s got into me? Why would I get suspicious of Peter and that young man. There’s probably a very simple explanation for the note. I mean, he’s gay isn’t he. That alone would preclude any suspicion. Peter hates gays. Anyway, I’m just getting too nosey in my old age. Let’s get this party wound-up. Clean up, and have a nice quiet family day tomorrow. Or is it today?

Karl was pissed - Legless. The human body can only handle so much Beer with Schnapps. It was now past 1 am. Somebody had sat him down in a garden chair so he couldn’t do himself harm. Maria was having an intense conversation with Ron, the barman, when Sammy announced that he was going to call it a night. She was a little merry but excused herself from Ron.

Oh, Sammy, could you take Karl home with you in the cab? I couldn’t handle him myself and I want to give Brenda a hand to clean up.”

No problem, Cuz. You call a cab, and as soon as it arrives, I’ll get Karl organized.”

Thanks Sammy - You’re an Angel. Bye the way, I saw Brenda talking to you. What did you think of her?”

She’s very nice. I like her straightforward approach. I thanked her for having me at the party.”

Yeah, Brenda’s the best. Their marriage sets us all a good example. Peter’s a damn good husband and father. I only wish my own marriage was as good. I hope I can talk to you regardless of what you think of Nat and my family?”

No worries Cuz. You seem to be cast from a different mould than the rest of the family. What about Aunty Gwen, has she been heavying you?”

Not directly,” Maria said quietly. “You know how parents are, a little jibe here and an innuendo there. She’s trying to force me to make a decision.”

Sammy was incredulous. “You mean, about Karl being barren?” What business is it of other people?”

Well, Mum suggested that we see a marriage counselor. I thought it a good idea at the time but, I think it upset Karl very much. I mean suddenly we were confronted with stark choices. I feel as if a black cloud has descended on our marriage.”

What does Uncle Jim say?”

Nothing to me as yet, but I know it’s coming. I think he’s letting Mum interfere for the time being. And of course, he didn’t approve of Karl and me getting married. He’s still got a bias against Germans. He and my brother.”

Well, just hold the line. It’s between you and Karl. Nobody else. Both you and Karl are really nice people; I wouldn’t want to think that your lives got screwed up by other people. What’s strange anyway is that my folks don’t have any negative feelings for Germans.”

I think it’s g . . . ” At that point Marias mobile sounded, letting her know that a taxi was waiting outside. With much hilarity, they got Karl into the cab with Sammy watching that he didn’t vomit all over the back seat. He controlled himself until they got home, whereupon he loosed a goodly spray of vomit all over the front steps.

Getting Karl to bed was a challenge for Sammy. He had to undress Karl completely and lay him on a sofa in the family room. He took a few moments to admire Karl’s beautiful body. Then he undressed and put himself to bed in the guest room.

The next morning Sammy got out of bed around nine and wandering into the kitchen, found Karl staring morosely into a steaming mug of coffee.

Hows birthday boy this morning,” Sammy teased. “How about a cold beer with a schnapps chaser?”

Fuck off,” Karl said unpleasantly. “But anyway thanks for tucking me in last night. I guess you didn’t rape me after all. At least me bum, isn’t sore.”

You were safe. In fact I wish I had a camera to take photos. They’d be a winner on Facebook. Say - where’s Maria?”

Shes gone over to Pete’s place early to finish the clean-up. Said if she misses you to say thanks for coming last night. But it must have been boring because you didn’t know anyone. And you being the only gay man at the party.”

No, not the only one, thought Sammy.

Hey, I came because it was your birthday. I wanted to see the look on your face when we sprang the surprise. You looked dumfounded. I gather it was a surprise?”

Total. I nearly shit myself. First time anyone’s gone to the trouble to give little ‘ol me a surprise party. And the timing was appreciated. I was feeling really depressed after our visit to the marriage counselor. The whole session was about poor Maria, because of me not being able to have kids. I know it’s a bummer - but what about me? It’s as though they can trample on my feelings without giving it a thought. I’m getting really pissed off, Sammy. You and Pete are the only two people I can share my feelings with. My parents are useless.”

Arenat they always,” agreed Sammy. “Buddy, I’m going to be here for you. I’m sure Peter feels the same way. You’re right. All I’ve heard ispoor Maria’. You must be feeling devastated, so I’ll help in any way I can. Would you adopt?”

Yeah - I suppose. Yeah, I would. But see, I don’t have a choice, whereas Maria has two choices - adopt or ditch me.”

Cmon Karl, you’re getting a bit negative. Maria loves you. She wouldn’t’ ditch’ you just because you can’t have kids. I mean she’s just not that kind of person.”

Maybe, but it’s not up to her. Her family doesn’t like me, because I come from German stock. Its sick isn’t it, they look down on you because you’re gay and they want to piss me off because I’m barren. And yet you and I together are worth more than the whole lot of them. Geeze, why don’t they do something about that looser Nat? For god’s sake he’s just trash. Thank god he wasn’t invited to the party. You and I should be careful - I’m sure he wants to get even somehow.”

Anyway, Karl took a sip of coffee and continued. “Let’s talk about you - do you want to come and work for me?”

In a heartbeat. But you don’t know me very well. I may not be suitable. What makes you think I can handle the work?”

Youre working as a laborer now aren’t you? How would you assess yourself? Good at what you do?”

Oh yeah, I can handle it standing on me head. I suppose roof tiling isn’t much different. Once you get the hang of it.”

Exactly. But I also have an ulterior motive. I need someone I can trust to help me run the jobs. I’m not saying anything like a supervisor, just yet. But someone I know will look after my interests when I’m not around. I’m a good judge of character Sammy - I have a lot of faith in you.”

Thanks for that. Would you want me to move down here? I like the lady I’m renting with, she’s become a good friend. Almost a big sister. I’d like to stay there. Travelling doesn’t fuss me.”

Not a problem - we work all over the Melbourne area anyway. No, not a problem. When do you think you could start?”

Sammy thought for a moment and then said “Um, I’ll talk to me boss first and work something out. I don’t want to leave him in the lurch. I want to do the right thing.”

Thats what I like about you Sammy. You’re very responsible. Any other hand would just up and leave.”

Oh, piss off. I’m no angel. I’ll call you tomorrow evening and let you know. And Karl, thanks a lot. It means heaps that you’ve shown confidence in me. And be assured I’ll work my little butt off for you.” “Now what are we talking about here?” said Karl. And they both laughed at the innuendo. “What are you doing today?”

Well, I’ll take off home now. Got some chores to do and then Billee and I are going down the pub before dinner for a few charges. She’ll be real pleased you offered me the job. I won’t let you down.”

It was around 7:30 that night when Peter got a call on his mobile. He was sitting in the family room with the kids watching TV. There was no caller ID.

Hello, he said. “This is Peter Symonds.”

Peter - Oh thank god I’ve got you. Peter - Peter - this is Billee, Sammy’s friend. Oh Peter - it’s Sammy. He’s been very badly hurt and has just been rushed to the Alfred Hospital Emergency by ambulance. It looks bad. Oh God - it was awful - they attacked him and -”

Woo there. Slow down. Sammy - Sammy’s hurt. You say he’s hurt bad - an ambulance. How bad is he? It’s not serious is it? Oh god - please, please Billee, tell me he’s going to be ok? Oh No, this can’t be happening.”

I don’t know Pete. I just don’t know.” Billee started to sob. “They - bashed - and - hit him - - - in the face - - and - - chest - his hands - and - - - -” Billee started to cry uncontrollably.

Look - Billee. Listen to me. I’ll leave right now and meet you at the hospital. Are you OK? Did they attack you? Are you hurt?”

Regaining some control Billee managed “No - no, I’m Ok. They just attacked Sammy. Look I’ll tell you the whole story when I see you. Oh and - the police have been called. Please hurry Pete. I’m frightened.” A stunned Peter rang off and stared mutely at the phone. In a trance he managed, “I’ve got to go out. A close friend of mine has been hurt. I’ve got to go.”

Without saying another word, he ran out to his car and drove off in a scream of tires.

Brenda was left speechless. He didn’t even say goodbye, even to the girls. She felt a wave of dread engulf her. Something was very wrong. Something was very, very wrong.

Copyright @2011 Graham Sealby<br />All rights reserved
  • Like 11
  • Wow 2
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Omg, I'm on pins and needles wondering what exactly happened to Sammy and if Nat had anything to do with it! Surprised that Peter just up and ran out the door when Billiee called to let him kno that happened to Sammy. I think this,may be the point where Brenda starts putting the pieces together. Loved the surprise party for Karl, and was kinda shocked at Rick's reaction to Sammy being gay. Just goes to show what closed minded assholes are out there! SOOO looking forward to the next chapter!!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..