Jump to content
    grahamsealby
  • Author
  • 6,077 Words
  • 901 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Young, Gay and Scared - 4. Chapter 4

4.1

That night Ryan couldn't sleep. He kept going back to the talk with Gus about sex. He wasn't concerned; on the contrary, he was excited, because he didn't know where all this talk would lead. He liked Gus and had to admit he was physically attracted to the older boy. Just thinking about what might happen excited him.

I didn't know a bloke's bum could look so good even with pants on; when he bent over me cock started misbehaving. (Sigh) Should I be concerned about Gus physically abusing me? No, twice we've met, and I never got any vibes about him being aggressive. No, he’s just a country kid, not well educated, that's come down to the city to earn some money. Yeah well, what do I want to happen? Like me, he don't like girls, so I assume he's a homo like me. Well, I hope, don't I? I mean I want some action and pulling me pud[1] ain't gonna satisfy me for the rest of me life. I reckon that's what's making me nervous, I don't know what to do, and I need someone more experienced to show me. Shit! Now I'm getting' horny and I should rub one out . . . No, no I won't, I'll save it for Saturday.

<><><><>

4.2

.” . . sorry I haven't been in touch lately mate; seems you, Tommo, and I, have gone in different directions since we started High school. (Sheepishly) Also, I've been spending time with Wendy, you know, Wendy Garson. She's got me tied around her little finger, so to speak, but she's . . ."

"(Laughing) Yeah, we've noticed. She's stuck to you like glue; I hope she's worth it."

They were sitting on Ryan's back steps and comfortable in each other's company. Ryan and Bluey went way back to kindergarten years and had always been friends until recently when Bluey started chasing girls. As far as Ryan could remember Bluey, whose real name was James Wheeler, got called 'Bluey' because of his reddish hair. Other than that, he was a well-built youngster and fanatic about sports. In the main he preferred cricket, but in the cooler months, he played football. His muscled frame attracted girls, although his reddish hair also added to his mystique.

At some stage, Ryan had fantasised about Bluey, but when Tommo came on the scene he stopped dreaming about Bluey.

"I don't know mate, I'm getting' a bit sick of her. Anyone think we're married the way she goes on. I just might tell her to piss off, there's plenty more sheilas around. I reckon . . . (changing the subject) hey, what're you doing Saturday night?"

"Nuthin much. I gotta go somewhere on Saturday arvo around 2 p.m. with me Nanna but doin' nuthin' on Saturday night. Why?"

"Because Fatso[2] Keenan is havin' a party at his place. Callin' it our 'coming of age' party, we've all turned thirteen and entered High school. All the old crowd from Primary school's gonna be there - 'cept Tommo of course. Fatso's oldies are easy-going about music, dancing, girls, and such. Of course, they said no grog but (winking at Ryan) Fatso says he's gonna stash some grog where the oldies can't see it. It's gonna be a blast. You in?"

"Yeah, yeah absolutely. (pause, as a thought occurred) Umm, what about Bert Cree? If'n him and I . . ."

"He ain't been invited, so don't fret it. He's a mongrel he is, and Fatso don't want any biff goin' on at his house. I already talked to his brother Geoff and told him the way it is. Geoff's Ok to come, but not his brother. He understands, so don't worry, it'll be a super night. I'm thinkin' I'll get pissed and ditch Wendy. There'll be plenty of good sheilas there and, err . . . what about you, are you seein' anyone special like?"

"No, I don't know much about girls. They're a mystery, they are. Umm, (Ryan paused before bringing up this new topic) . . . have you, I mean have you done anything . . . err, sex like? And don't bullshit me."

(Bluey became quiet) Aaah . . . Seeing it's just you and I mate I'll tell yer honest like. No, not really. Wendy lets me feel her tits but that’s it. I tried to play with her fanny once, but she slapped me hand away. Bloody bitch. Gawd, don't I get randy. I swear me balls are set to bustin' at times; I gotta go home and . . . and, you know. I'm still a virgin but if you tell anyone else I'll pulverise ya. Promise ya won't tell!"

" Course I won't. I mean, I'm a virgin meself so if was to out you, you'd out me, right?"

"Done. Sometimes all I can think about is getting right up some sheilas pussy and fuckin' the shit outta her. I get the hornies real bad mate. I reckon my first time I'll spew a bucket of cum, I'm that bad. Anyway, let's change the subject; you been doin' anything exciting lately?"

"Nah, been quiet not doin' much. Cree and I had a run-in the other day, and that's been the only action I've seen."

"Yeah, heard about it. Musta been some biff; I learnt he was bleedin' like a pig afterwards. Wish I hadda been there to see it. Did you ever find what it's about? I mean I know he's an animal at the best of times, but there must be a reason he's agro with ya."

"Nope, no-one knows. I've asked me dad but just got the usual run-around that grown-ups give to kids. Me mum's no better. I reckon Cree don't know himself; according to Geoff he's just doin' what his old man says. Pretty sick."

"Yeah, anyway enough of that. Now back to the party, I reckon we'll have a blast. Oh, by the way, have you heard from Tommo?"

"Nah Bluey, not a word. Must be hard in Boarding school, you don't get much privacy. I knows he weren't happy about goin' up country, but his folks insisted on sending him to a good Christian school. Like me, he didn't have a say in it."

"Yeah, I was hoping you'd come to Manly Boy's with me. (Laughing) I can't sorta see you mixing with posh kids; you're one of us."

"Right-on mate. Some of the kids are Ok, I mean the ones that are on a scholarship, are jest like you and me and not stuck-up. I'm sorta friends with a bloke called Jimmy Tandara. He comes from, would you believe, Bankstown[3] and he's on a scholarship and don't go about tellin' everybody how rich his old man is. Good bloke. Other than bein' a bit snobby, it's not a bad school. Trouble is, I know me parents can't afford the fees, so I reckon I'll be goin' to Manly Boy's after the Intermediate."

"Sounds a bit stupid sending you to a posh school when they can't afford the fees. I bet it's yer mothers doing. I always felt she looked down on me somehow. Then I told her I was playing footy and she started talking to me. Guess she likes footy, eh."

"Think it's more about likin' footy players. I think she'd like to get into (naming a player) pants."

"(Laughing) Ryan that's a rotten thing to say about yer mum. (Giggling) That cracks me up."

"Yeah well . . . anyway, what time Saturday night?"

"Come about half six or thereabouts. Fatso's providing all the necessaries, food, drinks, plates, cups, and anything else. Just bring yerself and (laughing) I'll find ya a nice bit o' skirt to fuck if'n ya wants."

<><><><>

4.3

" . . . come on in. Seems ya didn't have any trouble finding me digs[4]. C'mon in and make yerself comfy."

Ryan was nervous. He stepped up into the Caravan and looked around. It was a simple layout with a double bed up one end, and a lounge area up the other. In the middle was a kitchen and a toilet. Surprisingly, it was very tidy and smelt clean. All day he'd been getting anxious about meeting Gus and now, being here alone with him, he became uneasy. Gus was wearing only a pair of shorts and a singlet that showed off his muscled chest. Ryan was impressed with the muscles on Gus's legs because they looked strong and well developed. He decided that Gus was an attractive young man even at sixteen and then he thought about his own scrawny frame.

Before coming out he'd worried about what he should wear, finally deciding on a white tee shirt, jumper, and jeans. When he studied his nude body in the mirror he saw a good-looking youth on the verge of manhood. Not all his frame was completely muscled, but the definition was starting to appear. He still had his summer tan, and this gave his face a fresh and boyish look. He was on the threshold of manhood, or more correctly, on the threshold of sexual maturity.

Whatever was about to happen, he wanted to happen.

"How about we sit here on the lounge; would you like something to drink? I've got soda for you and a cold beer for me. What kind of soda would you like?"

"Can I have a beer?"

"Umm, you sure you can handle beer?"

"Yep, one ain't a problem. I've drunk beer before and like the taste."

"OK, I guess one ain't a problem, let me get them."

After Gus set two large glasses of beer before them they settled back on the lounge sofa. Ryan immediately had a large slug of his beer.

"What d'yer think of my digs?

"Terrific, (taking another quaff of beer) I bet it don't cost much rent-wise, eh."

"Hey steady on with the grog, there's no need to be nervous because you’re the boss. We'll just take our chinwag at your pace. If at any time you feel uncomfortable just tell me - it's your call mate."

"(Slowly and sounding relieved) thanks, Gus. Look, I've been looking forward to meeting you for a real talk because I like you; you seem real friendly and I don't have any friends that I can talk to . . . y'know, about personal stuff."

"I know what you mean. When you’re a kid growing up in the country you don't have the opportunity to make close friends. Being lonely is part of a country kid's daily life. The stories about blokes having sex with sheep may be funny but some of them are true . . . true and pathetic."

"Understand, at least I think I do. Even though I've got friends I'm still lonely; sometimes I feel really down and just slink away by meself to try and feel better. I've got a private place in the bush that I go to when I get a dark mood. I don't know why, but . . . (switching thoughts) hey, I'm sorry, am I boring you?"

"No, no of course not. This is your time to let it all out. I sensed you were troubled and all locked up inside. That's why I suggested we meet private like, so you can unload. As I said, you're the boss."

"That's why I like you Gus, you're any easy person to talk to, and I feel really comfortable and safe with you. I just hope I don't sound like I'm griping."

"If you do I'll tell you. Now go on, what were you going to say."

"Yeah, about me dark moods. Sometimes I just sit in my secret spot and . . . and . . . cry. I bawl like a baby. I don't know why I'm crying but I just do. Then when I'm cried out, I feel a bit better. Then I go home to my rotten family life. Then the misery starts all over."

"You told me, and I can't believe your parents carry on the way they do. As you tell me you've got no father, and a mother that only thinks about herself whilst wallowing in self-pity. You're left to be alone at the time in yer life that you need comfort and security. (Hesitantly) Look, I know I'm no substitute, but I'd like to try and help. Nothin' you tell me is gonna matter as long as you want to unload. I'm here for you Ryan."

Pause.

"(looking up at the older boy) You're a good person Gus, why do you want to help a scrawny kid like me? I've got dark secrets that's unfair to dump on you. Why would you want to hear my crap when you've probably got yer own stuff to handle. Why?"

"Forget the why; would these dark secrets have anything to do with you not liking girls? . . . No, let me finish. I'm the same as you kiddo, I don't like sheilas either and I've accepted that I don't and never will. We're in the same boat and rowing in the same direction. Am I close?"

"(Long pause) I, I . . . I guess so, yes. Geeze, I gotta tell someone, Gus because It's tearing me apart. I don't understand but I just feel different and there's no one I can talk to accept you. (Pause) (long pause) Yes, I don't feel attracted to girls at all. I've tried; at night I try to get a stiffie thinking about they'se bein' in the nude, but nuthin happens, nuthin. I don't know what's gonna happen t'me as I get older, I mean about marrying and havin' kids. I just know it ain't fer me, and I feel bad."

"Wow, nothing you've said surprises me, boyo. I went through just what you're going through now and, yes, I was about the same age as you, perhaps a little younger. I also felt lonely and scared. Then I found I was attracted to other boys and realised that, rather than being frustrated, I could still have a successful sex life without girls. The difference between you and me is that I've had sex with other boys, but you haven't . . . have you?"

"(Carefully) No, no I haven't, but I understand what yer sayin'. I felt attracted to a mate of mine called Tommo, but we haven't done anything. He's away now in Boarding school so we don't see each other. The thing is I don't know nuthin about having sex with fellas, cause I'm ashamed to say, I'm a virgin."

"Don't be ashamed, because there's nothing to be ashamed about. Also, don't ever feel guilty about sex; it's your body and you have every right to enjoy the pleasure your body provides and no one, I repeat no one, can sit in judgement on yer. These churchies will try to interfere and tell you what you can and cannot do with yer body. They're wrong! Only you can decide what's good and what's bad. I suppose I'm not making any sense and probably confusing you more."

"(Hastily) No, no, no . . . wow, what you say makes sense. I just never thought about it like that. No, you make sense Gus and I gotta thank you. I'm starting to feel better now."

Gus moved closer and put his arm around Ryan, who accepted the overture and snuggled closer. They stayed like this for several moments. Then,

"I gotta say, Ryan, I like you a lot, a real lot. If you'd let me I'd like to kiss ya. Would that be alright?"

"I . . . I . . . I guess so."

With that Gus gently lifted Ryan's chin up and, very slowly, leaned down and kissed him. To Ryan it was magic. Someone was offering him love and using physical contact to express that love. Gus's lips touched him gently and sent Ryan's sensual responses soaring. Having no prior experience to draw upon, nature reacted and filled Ryan with a hunger to return the offering. Automatically his own lips challenged Gus passionately and, for the first time in his life, Ryan experienced true desire.

With his arms folded around Gus, he answered his tongue invasion with frenzied passion. He was beyond joy, beyond any sense of right or wrong, this, this intimacy was what he craved and had been craving for some time. Other physical responses were at work. His heart started hammering, his breathing quickened, and his penis inflated painfully. Time has no meaning in intimacy, but at some point, they drew apart from each other.

Ryan was breathless; he looked up at Gus with wonder but couldn't speak. Then Gus,

"Jesus mate that was fantastic; I've imagined kissing you almost from the first time we met. I don't believe I've enjoyed kissing anyone as much as just now. I love just holding you and breathing in your male aroma."

Gus's words thrilled Ryan and for some time he just enjoyed the close proximity of another male.

"I never thought kissing could be so great. It was magic and the feelings that I experienced I can never imagine having with a girl. I'm sure now of who I am. My first kiss . . . it was more than I ever hoped. Except . . . it's left me cock painfully hard. Can you . . ."

"(Laughing) me too, here, feel me."

Gus took Ryan's hand and placed it on his rock-hard penis. Desire engulfed the boy and with Gus's encouragement, he undid the fly buttons allowing Gus's manhood to be exposed. He gazed in wonder at a decent sized cock, which was leaking a clear fluid.

"Go on, touch it."

Needing no further encouragement, Ryan's small hand encircled the offering and gently squeezed, causing a small drop of moisture to escape from the head. He marvelled at the velvety feel of the engorged flesh. It was warm, moist, and very hard. So different, it was so very different from the feel of his own erection. His arousal level hit a new high and he contented himself with just sitting there watching and feeling the older boy's manhood.

"Hey boyo, I'll have an accident if you keep that up. C'mon let's go to the bed, it'll be more comfortable. I'm gonna give you pleasure you've never had before. Remember what I said before, if anything I do makes you feel uncomfortable, tell me."

They moved to the bed area and Gus took control. Still standing, he slowly removed Ryan's shirt, then his jeans, then his underwear and finally his shoes. For some reason Ryan didn't feel embarrassed by his nudity; he just stood and let Gus admire his body.

"Oh wow! Young man you're gonna have a fantastic body by the time you're eighteen or so. Even now, I can see muscle outline developing; you look sexy as hell, you're a knockout. Come here, let me feel you . . . Oh wow!"

Gently Gus laid Ryan on his back and maintained eye contact whilst he stripped. First, he discarded his singlet, then stepped out of his shorts, and finally pulled down his 'Chesty Bond' underwear. Ryan had seen kids his age nude, but never a young well-built male. Though sturdily built, Gus had little or no suntan, but his impressive muscles reflected years of working outdoors from a young age. His strong pectoral muscles and powerful abdomen bespoke of strength and power. Whilst his shorts enhanced his leg muscles, when viewed without any covering, these surely were the legs of Adonis.

What followed was, for Ryan, an opening into a world of pleasure, an unforgettable journey. All his inhibitions vanished as he became captivated in this new world of gratification. Gus, rather than being a partner, became a teacher and introduced the youngster to the joy of sex.

Slowly he stimulated Ryan's erogenous zones, teasing, arousing, and probing. He stoked Ryan's nipples until they were hard nuts, then his finger rubbed Ryan's perineum and probed his anal opening. It was when Gus started sucking his toes that Ryan experienced true bliss. All through this Ryan's arousal intensified until he was almost begging for relief. Agony and ecstasy became inseparable until he couldn't stand it anymore. He begged and pleaded until eventually, Gus obliged by swallowing the boy's penis. The resulting orgasm was more intense than anything he's experienced before. Gus didn't demand anything of Ryan to satisfy his own needs; all he asked is that they kiss as Gus climaxed. In fact, Ryan became the aggressor and kissed Gus relentlessly.

Over the course of two hours, Gus introduced Ryan to the beauty of gay sex. At some stage during the afternoon, he allowed the lad to penetrate him and thus, at the tender age of thirteen, Ryan lost his virginity.

As the sun began its westward descent, they lay side by side, emotionally and physically exhausted from the past two hours. Ryan could only wonder at the sensations and ecstasy he'd enjoyed at Gus's hands. In the afterglow, he didn't feel guilty or ashamed; on the contrary, he was elated. Gus had made sure he was comfortable with everything they'd done together, and at no time did he feel the older boy had taken advantage of him. Even when Ryan requested Gas penetrate him, the older boy declined saying it was too soon and may harm Ryan.

Around four-thirty or so, Ryan remembered tonight's party. Not wanting to disturb the sleeping Gus, he dressed himself, jumped on his bike and peddled home. Memories of the encounter returned to him in fragments, causing a smile and a renewed flush of desire.

Should I feel guilty? Should I feel ashamed? Maybe, but I don't, because it all seemed so natural and fun. I don't feel abused or taken advantage of. Rather, I feel lucky, lucky that my first sexual encounter was so considerate and respectful. Respect, yes that's the way Gus treated me; he treated me with respect. In a way, I'm lucky because I hear stories of other kids being sexually abused by grown-up's, making any future encounters traumatic. No, it's all good. I just have to make sure no-one suspects why I look and feel so good.

Whilst this was their first encounter it was by no means their last. Every time they met Ryan experienced new delights and grew comfortably into sexual maturity.

 

<><><><>

4.4

" . . . C'mon Wendy, don't be such a bitch, give me a break. Why do I have to say I love you all the time? Fer god's sake, we're just kids; anybody'd think we'se were married or such. Look, I like ya, ok; I don't know what love is, I'm too young and don't want to go steady like a married couple. Surely you can understand . . ."

"Understand? Yep, I understand, Ok. I understand you're a liar because you tell me you love me but don't mean it . . . you lied to me James Wheeler and I . . . I (sob) . . . (crying) . . ."

"Oh, fer god's sake stop crying. C'mon let's enjoy the p . . . Hey, look who's here . . . Ryan Seaton . . . (Waving and shouting) Hey, over here Ryan."

When Ryan walked around the back of Fatso's place he found the party in full swing. After spending time with Gus, Ryan felt different. In a way, he felt superior; whilst his mates only indulged in wishful thinking, he, Ryan Seaton, had gone all the way and indulged in sex that his friends could only dream about. Sure, it had been with a guy, but what did that matter. Sex was Sex, weren't it? He had vivid memories of the orgasms that had consumed him, especially the one after penetrating Gus. That was magic. Surely, it was the same, if not better, than fucking a sheila. The sound of Bluey calling him brought him back to reality and he ambled over to where Bluey was standing with Wendy. She didn't look too happy.

"G'day kids, what's happening?"

"Glad you could make it. Here, look after Wendy and I'll go get some grog. Good t'see ya man."

Ryan turned his attention to Wendy and asked why she was crying.

"(Sobbing) James is being horrid. You wouldn't tell a girl you loved them if you didn't mean it would you Ryan? I care for him so much, but he lies to me. Tells me he loves me when he doesn't. He's a bastard."

"Hey, hold on Wendy, yer crowding him too much. Can't ya just be friends without all the drama? If ya care for him a lot, give it a rest. We're just kids after all, and no one wants t'get serious - well, not at thirteen anyway."

"Yes, I know that, but I can't help having feelings, can I? I haven't looked at another boy, so he knows I'm loyal . . ."

"See that's it. Why don't you find someone and make him jealous? That way you'll know if'n he likes you a lot. Find someone and make a play for him - or her."

"(Screeeech) Oh, that's disgusting, I don't prefer girls; that's repulsive. I'm not queer. I know some girls and boys prefer their own sex, but it's illegal and sinful. You should be ashamed of yourself Ryan to mention that subject. Yuk!"

"Hold on Wendy . . ."

Just then Bluey returned with two plastic cups of beer and a soda for Wendy.

"Hey, here you are. Drink up, Fatso's got plenty of booze to get rid of, and . . . hey, am I interrupting something. Why are you glaring at Ryan, Wendy?"

"Your mate here accused me of being queer, and I . . ."

"No, I didn't! Jesus Wendy, how you twist things, I meant it as a joke. Why do you have to be such a drama queen? Boy am I glad you're not my girlfriend."

With that, Ryan walked away, but almost immediately, Bluey caught up with him.

"I don't know what happened, but you certainly got the bitch riled. (Laughing) She's still fuming. Anyway, I'm through with her, she's too much trouble. She won't put out fer me so's I ain't losing nuthin. Good one mate."

"You owe me, pal. Anytime you want me to fix up yer sex life just let me know, eh. It's free."

"(Pausing and studying Ryan carefully). What's with you bro? You look and sound different. What gives?"

"Bullshit! I reckon the beer's getting' to ya. I ain't no different, just the same as usual."

"Hmmm, no something's different, but let's drop it. I'm gonna get pissed now that the cow ain't hanging around me jock strap."

So, the boys mingled and as the forbidden booze flowed freely, the party became noisy. Someone had supplied records of current pop music, so before long kids were jiving to Bill Hayley and the Comets. Ryan was a good dancer and had perfected the new dance craze; he was never at a loss for partners. At a break in the dancing, he ambled over to Fatso.

"Hey Fatso, great party mate, I'm surprised your parents let you off the leash. My oldies would never let me loose. What's your secret? How did you get the booze without them knowing? What would happen if the cops turned up; after all, we're all under aged when it comes to booze."

"My oldies just don't know, genius. I'm not providing grog for everyone, just the blokes I know I can trust. As to the cops, I just haveta make sure everyone toes the line. Anyway, it's good t'see yer Ryan. How's the new school going?"

"Ok I guess, I mean school's school ain't it. I don't like the travelling though. I wish I were going to Manly Boy's like you and the rest of me mates. How's yer sex life?"

"(Laughing) yeah, well you may ask. The only action I get is this (holding up his right hand). Say, have ya heard from Tommo? I ain't heard a squeak since he went away; I just hope he's Ok. Bye the way, someone wants to meet you . . . (calling) hey Betty, c'mon meet Ryan. I told you I'd introduce you two."

A young attractive shorthaired blond girl came over at Fatso's summons. In a flirtatious move, she sidled up to Ryan and linked her arm around his elbow. She had a cute face that Ryan found appealing.

"This is Betty Reynolds, Ryan. She's been wanting to meet you for some time now. Now I'll leave you two lovebirds whilst I go and make sure everyone's behaving themselves - and that includes you two lovelies."

Betty stuck to Ryan all the night, which didn't annoy him until he tried to have a one-on-one talk with his mates. He'd shoo her away, but she'd always come back to him. The word got out they were a couple. After consuming several bottles of beer, Ryan started to get a bit tipsy which raised his libido; when, at some stage Betty proffered her lips for a kiss, he obliged.

A mistake!

A pair of painted hungry lips and bad breath assaulted him. Inexperienced with makeup, she had slathered lipstick all over and, to Ryan, the taste was awful. Then, completely misreading the situation, she took Ryan's hand and placed it on her scant bosom.

"(Whispering) I know what you blokes like, and you can play with my titties as long as you want. If yer good to me I'll let you fuck me, but not here. Let's go someplace quiet."

The absurdity wasn't lost on Ryan and he started to giggle, at first softly, but then developing into outright laughter. Of course, this infuriated Betty and she slapped Ryan hard across the face. The sound of the slap caught the attention of kids nearby and they moved towards the sound, curious to see what had happened. Ryan, still laughing, was massaging his face whilst Betty stood rigid with anger. Realising she had an audience, Betty screamed out,

"He tried to rape me! He played with me tits and then tried to force his cock into me. He needs to be punished; isn't there one man amongst the lot of you who'll defend my honour?" . . . and continued shouting until the tears came.

Of course, no one took any notice, but the irony was that Ryan's reputation as a sex fiend was borne. The excitement over, people just returned to the party leaving Ryan and Betty alone together.

"You bastard Seaton, I'll get you for this. How dare you laugh at me, I'm the one who should be laughing; from what I've heard you've got a tiny cock that couldn't satisfy any woman."

"Think about what's just happened Betty. I haven't done anything to you, but you assaulted me, sweetheart. If you start any rumours about rape, I'll just tell people that you assaulted me without any reason - and I've got witnesses, lots of witnesses. No one's gonna believe you, so piss off, you're bad news."

And then walked away leaving the poor girl fuming.

It was then that Geoff Cree caught up with Ryan as he went to get a refill.

"I wouldn't worry about her mate, she's just noise; like a dog with a bark but no bite. I've been wanting to catch up anyway. It's bloody ridiculous, we live next door to each other but can't connect. It sucks."

"Yeah, tell me about it! I'm getting sick of yer brother and the whole situation. I mean, I like you Geoff and can't see why we can't be friends. Do you think he'll ever call a truce?"

"I don't know. The other day he asked me to join in the feud and I told him to get lost. Trouble is he idolises my father and will do anything he asks. I don't get on well with me dad because I'm closer to me mum. Cuppla things she said once indicated that your old man and my mum have history. She weren't specific, but I think that’s why my old man is so hostile. Do you know anything?"

"Nah, but that makes sense. It explains why my mum is so agro to your parents. Can you get Bert to understand it's not a battle that he and I should be fighting. The problems not with us kids, it's our parents who should sort it out. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, what a fuckin mess. Anyway, what's happening to you, boyo? How's Manly Boy's high?"

"(Ignoring the last question) Nope, I don't think anything I say to Bertie will change him. He adores my Dad and will do anything the old man asks of him. Gives me the shits, it does. Me young sister is frightened of him; I've heard her crying herself to sleep some nights. We can only hope the grown-ups grow up and fix this stupidity; and school's OK, pity we ain't goin to the same school now. Why did yer folks want ya to go to a Private school? Must be costing a packet."

"Yeah, it's me mum, she got her heart set on me goin' to a posh school, and I didn't have a say. Me Nan's against it and so was me dad, but mother prevailed, so here I am having to travel into the city to go to school. The kids are Ok, some got scholarships, and they're the ones I can relate to. I can't see meself lasting too long because, I know the fees are crippling, almost as bad as boarding school."

"Hey, have you heard about Tommo?"

"No why?"

"(Carefully) there's a rumour goin' round he had to quit that Christian boarding school. Seems he's comin' home straightaway. Well, that’s what I heard."

'Whaddaya mean, had to quit, what's that supposed to mean?"

"Dunno mate; seems me sister and Tommo's sister, Rita, are chummy at school and she let out that Tommo was coming home. That's all I know, you've obviously heard nothing, eh."

"Ahh, he's just commin' home for holidays, that’s what. Y'know how these sheilas try and dramatize things. That's all it'll be, we'll know when he gets home. Didn't know Tommo is a mate of yours?"

"(Uncomfortably) yeah, we met during drama class; both of us are keen on acting. I was disappointed when Tommo went up country because he's talented and was a big help to me. He's a nice bloke."

"Yeah, I like Tommo. We've got a special place at the dam where we'se can go skinny-dipping in the summer. It's real quiet like and me and Tommo just enjoy the peace and silence. For me it's a break from me bloody oldies. Tommo never said why he needs t'get away; I don't know much about his family at all."

"Hey, can I join yer next summer? I mean, I love to swim with a bare arse. Umm, I don't mean to barge in, just tell me if I'm being pushy."

"No, Geoff, that'll be great. It's nothing special for the two of us, just a spot where we can get away from parents. No, you're welcome, very welcome. I'll tell Tommo when I sees him. About his family? I don't know nuthin, he ain't said anything about trouble. Not like I gotta put up with anyway."

"No, I heard about the thing with yer mum; musta been rotten. Y'know I was gonna come and see ya in hospital, but they let you out before I could organize meself. Guess yer Ok now, eh?"

"Were you really? You woulda come to the hospital t'see me? I reckon that's nice of yer, real nice. Look Geoff I want t'be friends with ya; do ya reckon we could?"

"Yeah, I'd like that Ryan, fuck the stupid oldies and me big brother. Might actually help with his vendetta if'n he knows we're friends like. Here, let’s shake on it."

So, against all the angst the two families had for each other, the two boys created a friendship that was destined to endure.

 

[1] Slang for masturbation.

[2] Nickname, real name George.

[3] Outer low-income suburb of Sydney.

[4] Slang for living quarters

Copyright © 2019 grahamsealby; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..