Jump to content

Arctic Roots 3. Werebears in America

   (9 reviews)
Genres: Paranormal
Arctic Roots

Axel the Kodiak werebear has finally found happiness with his home in Atikokan and his new cub Adam, but Adam's curiosity in his mysterious Papa's history has Axel bringing up memories that he has kept buried for centuries and will lead the pair on a 3,500 mile trek to Alaska to track down Axel's own Papa!

Copyright © 2021 Grumpy Bear; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (22 members)

  • Action Packed 21
  • Addictive/Pacing 22
  • Characters 22
  • Chills 4
  • Cliffhanger 13
  • Compelling 9
  • Feel-Good 8
  • Humor 10
  • Smoldering 14
  • Tearjerker 11
  • Unique 17
  • World Building 15

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Blue Fan Lady

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

What a fantastic story of adventure, history, lust, love, finding yourself, more love and lust!

Would highly recommend this story read over two days and very little sleep - but so worth it

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
Matthew Ross

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Love this follow up, did not think I could grow so attached to Axel, but I am extremely happy to have been proven wrong. Gotta love the cutie Adam too though, throughout this story their interactions are moving

  • Love 2
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Axel and his Cub set out to find Axel's Papa.  Axel has found true love in Adam, his Cub.  Love is new to Axel, because Axel's Papa never showed him love.  Axel's life was never easy and his hatred for his Papa had left him a bit broken.  Adam knows just what Axel needs to fix his broken soul and love. Arctic Roots is a tale of their adventure to find the Ancient werebear that is Axel's Papa.

I had a wonderful time reading this story.  It fits so well with the prior two books, and the three flow easily from one to the next.  That is a great achievement by itself.  However, I was most impressed by how this book not only can stand alone, but does so in a completely different style that blends several genres.  It's an adventure, historical biography and a romance wrapped up in a road trip. :thumbup:

 

  • Love 2
Link to review
Straycat

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Wow, what an adventure!  I really love this series.  The writing/editing is top notch!  The sex is amazing as is the humor. I had a hard time putting this down. I might just cancel my subscription to Netflix. The stories here are way better. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
wenmale64

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

As said by others, this is the third book of the Wearbears in America series. This book is very different from the last two in a very interesting way. It has much more emotion and character insignt than the others. We find out EXACTLY why Axel is the grumpy old bear he is and we watch AND feel his pains as he tells his history. This is a must read and you will be glad you read it as you find out what happens and feel the changes that also happen!  Grumpy Bear has again given us an excellent story that will make you glad you read it!

  • Love 5
Link to review
astone2292

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is the third story in the Werebears in America series. As mentioned in my reviews for the previous two in the series, this story continues with great writing and solid world-building.

Compared to them, this one brings more emotion, rather than fearsome situations. We delve into one of the more mysterious, yet loved characters, Axel. I've loved this character since his introduction in Trophy Cub. Because of this, and the tales we learn of about him, this story stands above the rest. The reader is treated to many different tales within the same story, and travels to different time periods for each one. 

All the while, we go on with the adventure we've come to know and love. The reader is treated with glimpses of familiar faces, as well as hot and steamy scenes. Just when you think you have a potential plot-line figured out, the author throws a curveball. 

Another wonderful story from a brilliant author. Great job, Grumpy! 

  • Love 3
Link to review
wb22860

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

The journey of Axel is definitely worth the read. @Grumpy Bear, you told his story so well and I cannot wait until book 4 comes out.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
centexhairysub

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Really enjoyed this third book in the Werebear saga, some old friends and a few new ones; plus got to meet one of the Ancients.  Was well written and the plotting, character development, and pacing were excellent as well.

I especially like this one, as I love history and we got a nice dose of it in this story.  There were a few truly heartbreaking and sad moments but they just added texture and nuance to the rest of the story.

If you enjoy this genre of stories, settle in and buckle up for a true delight.

  • Love 4
Link to review
chris191070

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is the third booking The Wearbears of America Series.

In this book we follow Axel and his cub Adam as they set out on there adventure to find Axel's Papa Mattias.

We follow them on there 3500 mile journey. During the journey Axel tells Adam his life story. We learn alot about Axel with some of his story being fun and other parts really sad. We get to visit some of the places that played an important part in making Axel the bear he is today.

As with all the other stories there is plenty of sex between the Bears and a few threesomes involving lycans.

Another fantastic story from @Grumpy Bear that comes highly recommended.

  • Love 5
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..