Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I was our Gypsy Leader 1 - My reincarnated Soul Mate - 12. Chapter 12. My little soul mate is also a skilled chef.

Whilst waiting for my boy to bless our 'ceramic god', I found out that I also had started to enjoy his 'pleasant company' more and more! Never before had my 'inner child' experienced so much fun while romping with another child, not even with my own daughters. I really hoped that 'See Pee Es' would allow me to keep him forever! I would also try to do everything that I could to help my so badly burnt little soul mate feeling even happier. Was this what Jack had meant when he told me during my induced trance: 'Please, spend everything you have on him, and you will be royally rewarded'?

Within two minutes, my boy returned into our bedroom. Expertly, he climbed back onto our wobbly bed, from where he rose upright as if being ready to jump onto my chest and force me to give up again. Fortunately, I could catch him just in time, lifted him into the air, and again threw him towards the other side of the wobbling bed. This time, he didn't even try to attack me anymore, but just let himself fall down onto my chest, from where he showed me two sparkling bright blue eyes, as if life was good and he very much enjoyed every moment of our mock bantering and close togetherness!

Again feeling full of love for my happily beaming little soul mate, I folded my arms around his tiny frame and pulled him even closer against my chest, while I too basked in our powerful mutual love and close togetherness. Again, happy memories showed up in my inside, of my own young daughters doing the same things, although they had been clad in their pajamas and my boy was totally naked. For quite some time, we just cuddled together, both of us feeling happy with loving each other and being loved in return. That is, until my boy's stomach started to rumble aloud, as if telling us that he was a still growing boy and therefore urgently needed to be fed!

Chuckling at hearing his own rumbling stomach, my boy wrestled free from my enveloping arms, sat upright on my chest, and stared deeply into my eyes with his twinkling bright blue orbs that again touched my heart, my mind, and my soul. After also offering me a quick kiss, of course again straight onto my smiling mouth that didn't mind at all, his deep baritone voice told me:

"My stomach tells me it feels hungry! Therefore, could we please go downstairs and eat now? And, as I've already promised, I will also start teaching you how to cook a really tasteful breakfast."

Again, my analytical brain started to doubt. Would this tiny boy with his convincing smile really be able to cook a tasty breakfast? Or, was he only bragging about his 'cooking skills'? Perhaps, he was only trying to look more mature! Well, I would find out soon enough. In the meantime, my boy had already left my chest and expertly slid down from our wobbling bed towards the floor. From there, he turned around, took my hand, and started to drag me out of bed...

Well, although I had planned to take a warm shower first now that I could see my shower enclosure; tasting his 'really tasteful breakfast' sounded even better! After first laughing at his 'little cookie' skills, I would return upstairs to take a long and hopefully also warm shower. Inwardly chuckling at seeing my boy's hurry, I let myself be dragged out of bed and towards the door. For a split second, I thought about dressing first; but then I decided it didn't really matter that I was clad in only briefs and my boy was still totally naked. Besides, my boy had already explained that he preferred to walk around like this, to feel even freer and unrestrained! Plus, we would be all alone in our house, and nobody else would be able to see us from the streets.

Hand in hand, my boy and I frolicked down the stairs, while now and then bumping into each other on purpose. Still hand in hand, we entered the kitchen, where I felt happy to have some decent carpeting on the floor, because both my boy and I were still barefooted! Inside the kitchen, my boy first let go of my hand and then started to look around critically. This time, he had a pensive look on his face, as if he tried to recall where everything had been whilst living here with Jack. After a moment of pondering, he went to my refrigerator, opened its door, and curiously peeked inside. Clearly looking disappointed, he first shook his head a few times and then asked me:

"Your fridge is much bigger than Jack's was, but it's nearly empty! Don't you have anything else to cook a decent breakfast?"

Involuntarily feeling ashamed, because I could offer my hungry looking boy only a few skimpy leftovers, I explained:

"Well, until yesterday evening, it was only me living here all alone, because then I didn't know yet that you would start living with me. Therefore, I suggest that we will dress and go shopping first! But I remember there is still some leftover toast and butter in a cupboard over the sink, and in my fridge should be a still unopened bottle of milk to brew hot chocolate, if you want to have a snack and a warm drink before we go shopping. By the way, does this small village have a supermarket, or do we have to drive to another town?"

Whilst shaking his head, my boy responded:

"I've already promised to teach you how to cook a tasty breakfast, so let's do that first, before we wait for John and then go shopping in our usual supermarket in another town. I thought I could see a couple of eggs and a few other edible things in your fridge, but do you also have any fresh tomatoes, or maybe canned ones?"

"Yes, there are a few eggs; but no tomatoes."

"Do you also happen to have some bread?"

"Well, because I'm only a forgetful old man, I think there should be some leftover bread from yesterday, but I'm not really sure... Why don't you take a look for yourself?"

"Okay."

This time, my naked boy nearly disappeared into my refrigerator, with only his unclad little bum sticking out. After rummaging around, he showed up carrying a few eggs, a small leek, a leftover onion, and a clove of garlic. Next, he dragged one of my folding chairs towards the sideboard, climbed onto it, and started to inspect all my cabinets by opening them one by one. Again, I couldn't help smiling at the funny sight of my naked little savage disappearing into the cabinets, with only his little bum sticking out. Now and then, he reappeared, carrying a tin of curry, a container of salt, some leftover bread, an only halfway filled butter dish, and a nearly empty bottle of hot sauce. After putting everything onto the sideboard, he jumped down onto the floor without any help, and neatly set all his gathered things out onto the kitchen table. Whilst turning around to face me, he asked me:

"Do you also happen to have some slippers?"

Feeling surprised, I could only stare at my patiently waiting 'chef'. Would he really want to cook slippers for breakfast? That would be my first time ever! For quite some time, I couldn't utter another word from feeling too perplexed. Then, I exclaimed:

"WHAT? Do you really want me to eat SLIPPERS for breakfast? That would be my first time ever..."

First, my little imp stared deeply into my eyes, obviously to read my mind and find out what I could be thinking. Then, he started to bellow with laughter, while he fell down onto the carpeted kitchen floor and started to roll around from unexpected fun! After he finally recovered somewhat, his deep baritone voice chuckled:

"No, silly, I am not THAT hungry! I only want to go outside and get a couple of tasty spices from my herbs garden in Jack's backyard, but the ground is still too moist with morning dew."

Finally, I got some confirmation from my little soul mate that he really maintained his own little herbs garden in what he still called Jack's backyard. Therefore, I had been correct with my assumptions! Now laughing at my boy's funny antics, I collected my old slippers from my hallway closet and offered them to him... Chuckling, he put his small feet into my too big slippers and tried to walk a few steps. After nearly tripping over his own feet, he promptly started to laugh again. Although he tried to stop laughing and show me a sour face, his built-in sun full of happiness won easily. After shuffling towards the closed backdoor whilst trying not to trip over his own feet, he suddenly stopped, turned around to face me, and asked me:

"Could I please get your keys? Our backdoor is still locked..."

Well, he was the one who had put my keys into my trouser pocket! Obviously, I wasn't the only one who sometimes forgot things! Of course, after asking me his question, my little Shaman had again read my thoughts, because he first smiled apologetically before he kicked my slippers off and quickly raced up the stairs towards 'our' bedroom. Within a few seconds, he returned, this time carrying my keys with which he adeptly unlocked our still locked backdoor. Leaving my keys on the kitchen table, he again stepped into my too big slippers. This time walking even more carefully, so as not to stumble again, he slowly shuffled outside and into Jack's former backyard.

Without realizing what I was doing, I just followed my naked little savage through the open door, until I suddenly became aware of being clad in only briefs and nothing else! What would happen if one of my neighbors saw me walking around like this? Or, even worse, if they saw this nearly naked 'old man' following a totally naked little boy? Wouldn't they feel extremely suspicious, and probably even call their local police to arrest me for 'seducing an innocent minor'?

My naked little soul mate seemed to be blissfully oblivious of any unwanted effects he might have on any nosy neighbors. Innocently, he shuffled towards his little herbs garden, squatted down, and started to select a couple of tasty plants. Obviously, this was HIS abundantly flowering property that he had marked out with painted cobblestones. Had he set it up all alone, or had his Big Friend Jack helped him? I remembered I had seen this little garden before, when I stumbled over a few white cobblestones and wondered about its owner...

Now, I saw that my boy had put all the fallen stones upright again. Had he been angry with me for damaging his little property? Then, my little gardener returned to me, still trying not to trip over my big slippers while carrying a couple of green leaves, a few yellow flowers, some blueish looking grass, a small carrot, and a tiny reddish pod. Proudly, he showed everything to me while he explained:

"I am still cultivating my own herbs garden with all sorts of spicy plants in it. Around a year ago, Jack and I laid it out together, with the help of my new herbal learning book that Jack bought for me while I recovered from my umpteenth skin operation and felt bored. Now, I will start teaching you how to create a really tasty breakfast!"

Up to now, I had been convinced that such a tiny 'cookie' would be way too little to be a real chef... However, now that I had watched my boy gathering his tasty spices, I had to admit that I started to feel impressed! My 'little cookie' really seemed to know what he did!

While I closed and locked our backdoor, my boy stepped out of my slippers and kicked them into a corner. Next, he dragged an empty folding chair towards the sink, clambered onto it, placed his herbs under the water tap, and washed them until they were spotlessly clean. After drying them with the only kitchen towel I had been able to find so far, he took them to the kitchen table and neatly put them next to all the other edible stuff he had already gathered. Next, he started to open my kitchen drawers, one by one, but obviously couldn't find what he seemed to be looking for. After rummaging around in all my drawers, he finally asked me with a questioning face:

"Don't you have a cutting board and a sharp kitchen knife?"

Feeling very surprised about such a tiny boy asking me for a sharp kitchen knife, I shook my head before I answered:

"Are you sure you can handle a sharp kitchen knife on your own? When I was at your age, my parents would never allow me to handle such a dangerous thing without at least some supervision..."

Now showing me an indignant face, my boy retorted:

"How come every single grownup who wants me to cook for them, always first asks me those same questions? Why can't they just trust my cooking skills? Although I am only eight years old and therefore still a little cookie, I know what I am doing, even with your cutting board and razor sharp kitchen knife. Please, just let me do my own things; and stop worrying as Jack already told you before."

This time, I felt truly impressed at seeing my little 'chef' berating me with his bright blue orbs full of fire and brimstone, as if this tiny kid really could be a little Prince admonishing a disobedient subject! Was this surprisingly mature little child really only eight years old? Then, my analytical mind took over and again started to doubt. What would happen if I allowed my little cookie to use my sharp kitchen knife, and he accidentally sliced his little fingers instead of his herbs? Wouldn't everybody start blaming ME for not looking properly after him? I also didn't want to find any sliced boy meat in his 'really tasty breakfast'! Had Jack ever allowed him to use a sharp knife?

Surprisingly, at the same time, my own heart told me again to trust my little soul mate! He had assured me he knew what he was doing; and, so far, he had NOT disappointed me! Apart from that, my 'little cookie' certainly acted as if he was sure about his 'cooking skills'!

Still feeling uneasy, I went to the hallway and opened a few still closed cardboard boxes. After some searching, I found my old cutting board and my frequently used but still extremely sharp kitchen knife. Hesitatingly, I carried them to my kitchen table and put them down, next to my boy's gathered herbs. Of course, I had also planned to keep a very close eye on my little chef, just in case something would go wrong. Where could I have put my still unused first aid kit?

A split second later, my chin almost dropped to the floor, while I stared at my busy 'little chef' in utter amazement and nearly gasped from seeing such an unexpected show! Never before had I seen such a small kid handle a razor sharp kitchen knife with such amazing skill. Although he clearly was doing his utmost to convince me, at the same time, he absolutely knew what he was capable of!

Adeptly, he first bundled his gathered herbs into a wobbly string, and then took the razor sharp knife to chop the entire string into tiny pieces, at an astonishing speed, before he used the blade of my knife to scoop all the chopped pieces into a cup. Working at lightning speed, he frittered the onion, sliced part of the leek, and diced the carrot and the small pod. Skillfully, he peeled the clove of garlic and smashed it, this time using his small fists to punch the flat side of my knife.

Finally, he scooped everything into his cup, and also added some salt, pepper, curry, hot sauce, and a few drops of milk. After mixing all his ingredients together, he tasted his greenish mixture. Shaking his head, he added a little bit more salt and some more curry. Again, he tasted his mixture, and then nodded. Without looking up and still mixing his mixture some more, he asked me:

"Could you please put a pan on your cook top and heat a little bit of butter in it? Two small spoons will be enough."

Involuntarily feeling proud to be the kitchen help of such a skilled little chef, I put a frying pan onto my electric cook top, switched it on, and carefully added two spoonfuls of butter. At the same time, I was now sure that my little chef would be able to teach me quite a lot more about cooking than I ever expected! What a truly amazing child was he. Would I ever be able to equal his amazing cooking skills?

In the meantime, my little chef had already dumped my cutting board and kitchen knife into the sink. Now, he took a spatula from a drawer, dragged a folding chair to my cook top, and clambered onto it. Looking into the already sizzling pan, he asked me:

"Could you please hand me the eggs, one at a time?"

Obediently, I took the eggs, one at a time, and handed them to my little cookie. One by one, he broke the eggs by tapping them against the rim of the pan, without crumbling the shells into his mixture and making a mess, as I certainly would have done. Next, he asked me for his cup of nicely smelling herbs mixture. After pouring his mixture into the already sputtering eggs, he started to scramble everything.

Soon, a wonderfully scenting aroma started to fill the kitchen air, caressing my nostrils and making my mouth water, while I returned to the table to prepare some buttered toast. My boy's aromatic mixture certainly scented as if my little chef was preparing something truly special! I only hoped it would taste just as good... Then, my little cookie hopped off his folding chair and asked me:

"Could you please put the pan onto a fireproof tray on the kitchen table? My tasty breakfast a la Chef Harry is ready!"

Still feeling respectful, I did as my boy ordered, took his steaming pan to the table, and put it onto my fireproof tray. Next, I also took two plates from a cupboard, some cutlery from a drawer, and placed them in front of our folding chairs. Both my boy and I sat down at the kitchen table and took some buttered toast onto our plates. Then, we scooped some greenish scrambled eggs onto our buttered toast, and brought the first nicely scenting pieces to our mouths...

After taking the first bite, I felt as if I had entered Heaven! Never before had I tasted anything this delicious! My boy's 'tasty breakfast a la Chef Harry' tasted absolutely exquisite. My 'little cookie' turned out to be a truly excellent cook and an amazingly skilled little chef!

Again feeling truly proud of my so amazingly skilled little chef who absolutely was a true cooking magician, I complimented him:

"You are a true cooking magician; and I am now a little bit jealous of your more than outstanding cooking skills!"

Clearly beaming with pride, my boy took the next piece of toast and some more greenish scrambled egg. Looking at me with sparkling bright blue eyes, he brought it to his mouth and took an enormous bite. Of course, my own inner child couldn't drop behind! Whilst trying to outdo each other, we devoured our entire breakfast and savored its more than exquisite taste, until we were fighting for the last pieces of toast and scraped the pan for the very last tasty crumbs...

Unexpectedly, my little chef opened his mouth and burped loudly! Feeling shocked, I first thought about admonishing him for being too naughty. However, after some thinking, I decided to let it go because I knew nothing about his background. Could all Gypsies be burping like this after eating breakfast? Suddenly feeling naughty, my own 'inner child' joined my boy by making its own burping noises, which made my boy look up at me with a big smile and sparkling eyes, as if he approved of what I did. Soon, he burped again, followed suit by my own even louder second burp. Acting as a naughty little child and therefore also feeling a bit mischievous, felt wonderful!

Together, we cleaned the table and washed the dishes. While I put the used cutlery away into the various drawers, little Harry climbed onto the sideboard and put the used spices away. Next, we washed our hands under the water tap and dried them using the only kitchen towel I had been able to find so far. Finally, my boy jumped up at me and trustingly let me catch his tiny frame in midair, while he hooked his small arms around my neck and offered me a very big kiss directly onto my mouth! Well, I certainly didn't complain, while I sat down on a folding chair and took my broadly smiling boy onto my lap.

Strangely, I had totally forgotten that I was still clad in only briefs and my boy was still totally naked. Up to now, I had never thought I would get used to being a 'naturist' this easily, and my little soul mate seemed to be sort of a 'natural naturist'! Could his deceased Gypsy parents have allowed him to walk around like this, because my little Gypsy friend seemed to be absolutely and totally uninhibited, without ever displaying any 'bodily shame' at all? Clearly, nobody around him had ever told him that displaying certain body parts could be seen as 'indecent behavior', for which you had to shame yourself whilst being in the vicinity of others who could see those unclad parts...

Now that we were quietly sitting together, I thought this would be a good time to ask him a few questions. Ultimately, I still didn't know anything about him or about his mysterious past. I only knew he was of Gypsy origin, was around eight years old, and had two years ago survived a blazing caravan fire... Where did he come from, and why had his deceased Gypsy parents and he arrived in this small village? Could one of his deceased parents have been of non-Gypsy origin, with bright blue eyes and blond hair? What could have caused the caravan fire that unexpectedly flared up in the middle of the night and nearly burnt my boy to death? Perhaps, it would be better to ask him a few easy questions first, to make him feel even more at ease? After first kissing the top of his blond head, I asked him:

"How come you are such a skilled cook at such a young age?"

Almost immediately, my boy's face saddened considerably, while his little shoulders slumped down. Staring at his slowly dangling feet, he seemed to hesitate... Had I asked him a too difficult question, in my eagerness to know some more about his mysterious past? Then, my boy started to tell me, with a sad sounding baritone voice:

"Sorry, sir, but I still don't remember anything important, because the blazing caravan fire also burnt away most memories from my past. My doctors explained that my brain tried to shut down my pain; but, at the same time, the stupid thing also shut down all my memories. During the first few days, I couldn't even remember my own name or my date of birth! Now, at last, some memories are coming back, for example our mountains with their glowing tops, and we were living in a circle of caravans around our campfire. During summer, we always caught small animals in our surrounding woods to spice them, roast them over our campfire, and eat them. I think that my unexpected cooking knowledge comes from there, but I am not sure. Perhaps, I am only remembering some beautiful dream; but I am sure that I am still missing my Dad, my Mom, and all the others in our camp..."

At that moment, my boy fell silent and started to sniffle, whilst staring at his slowly dangling feet... As a psychotherapist, I was now sure that my boy suffered from 'post-traumatic hysteric amnesia' that was caused by the sudden traumas from his extremely painful burns. Fortunately, as a trained therapist, I was also sure that, over time, all his hitherto repressed memories from his early youth would return into his consciousness. He only had to wait until another unexpected emotion triggered them, so that they woke up and showed up again.

After some more sniffling, my brave little soldier went on:

"Last year, in my hospital where I had to be for my umpteenth skin operation, I started to feel bored and therefore asked Jack about using herbs and spices. The next day, Jack brought me an enormous herbal learning book, wherein I immediately recognized many herbs and other tasty plants from their colored pictures. At the same time, I also knew how they tasted and how I could use them to spice our food, although I still couldn't remember where my knowledge came from. After we returned home, Jack took me to a huge plant nursery, where I selected several spicy plants, cuttings, and seeds. Together, we set up my herbs garden in our backyard, and I started to experiment. Now and then, an experiment tasted yucky, and we had to throw it away. Fortunately, nowadays, my spiced food always tastes great."

Again, my little soul mate fell silent, probably remembering his Big Friend Jack who suddenly died two months ago. Patiently, I waited until my boy would be ready to tell me some more about what he could remember from his early youth. Of course, I also wanted to know quite a lot more about all those other 'gifts'! Could he really be a little upcoming Shaman, perhaps without him knowing who he was in reality? Well, as usual, only time would tell...

Did you LIKE this chapter? If so, please, click on the little knob 'Like This'...
Thank you very, very much in advance, and I will commend you in my prayers!
Copyright © 2015 GypsyChronicles; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..