Jump to content
    Headstall
  • Author
  • 3,083 Words
  • 4,256 Views
  • 80 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Endings - 18. Chapter 18 Rhythm and Blues

No means no....

                                                                                                                                                                                    ***

Rhythm and Blues

 

 

Hank had shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans again as they began their walk home. Chase felt this air of expectancy between them, like they should be talking about Hank’s first face-to-face encounter with his mother since he was a teenager, but he found himself reluctant to talk about anything. He was happy for Lilah, and even more so for his ex, so much so a second lump had formed in his throat at watching them share a hug goodbye. The first one had formed when Hank had finally addressed Lilah as ‘Mom.’

The man’s eyes had glistened as he watched his mother drive away. So had Chase’s. Now, they were walking side by side, but the distance between them was palpable, and Chase wasn’t sure he wanted to bridge it. He’d been able to put aside his anger while Hank needed his support, and he was pleased he’d managed to do so, but now his mind had settled back on the new and disturbing clarification he’d gotten from the café manager.

So what if it had taken the talk with Julio for Hank to believe he hadn’t slept with that guy? It shouldn’t matter one iota, but it did, and Chase couldn’t help feeling he’d been deliberately mean. Okay, maybe not deliberately. Not everyone thought the same way about things when emotions were involved—he’d learned that from Dr. Chorney—but eventually Hank should have realized he hadn’t been fair.

Was Chase being fair? Hank had known the irrefutable truth for weeks, but hadn’t let Chase off the hook he’d stuck him on for months, and that was hard to absorb. It was cruel. Did he not get what Chase had gone through after he’d accused him of sleeping with another man? Did he not understand how much it’d hurt when he hadn’t believed his honest denial, time and time again? Yeah, enough time had passed he should have figured that out. Right?

Even worse than sitting on the conversation with Julio, Hank let Chase think he’d reached his new conclusion because he remembered the kind of man he was… but that wasn’t the case at all, was it? Damn, it stung.

“You’re awfully quiet?”

“So are you.”

“I’m thinking about all the stuff my mom told me. What about you?”

“I’m thinking too, Hank.”

“What about?”

Chase didn’t know how he should answer that question, so he didn’t. “Did you really believe her like you said you did?”

“Did you?”

“I want to hear what you think.”

“It all made sense, yeah, but at the same time, it’s so different from what I remembered. I mean, my dad was possibly gay? Maybe even probably, and in love with a man? I’m still trying to wrap my head around that one. And my mom, her story is so different from what I remember. How could I have been so wrong about everything?”

“You saw what you wanted to back then.”

“What the fuck does that mean?”

“Chill, Hank. I just mean you saw Cyril and your mom kiss, and that made her the bad guy… you were just a kid who worshipped his dad.” Chase felt Hank’s perusal but he kept staring straight ahead as they walked.

“Yeah… I guess. She should have told me sooner.”

“For God’s sake, man, she tried. What more could she have done, other than kidnap you and tie you up? Even then you probably wouldn’t have listened.”

“Hey, I listened today, didn’t I?”

“You did, but the difference is you finally got help.”

“You mean you?”

Chase couldn’t help groaning. “No, Hank! I don’t mean me. I’m talking about your therapist.”

“Oh, right. Hey, are you still angry with me?”

“More like frustrated.”

“Oh… well you sound pissed and… and you should be. I… I was thoughtless, but I didn’t mean to be, and I’m sorry I didn’t think things through about—”

Chase cut him off quickly. He wasn’t ready to talk about what Hank had done. “Yeah, well, I heard a lot of stuff today too, so... maybe I do sound pissed, but I told you I’d get over it… and I will. Anyway, this is about your mom, and all I’m saying is you dug your heels in back then, and you weren’t ready to hear what she had to say until today. I’m not blaming you, but I don’t think it’s fair to blame Lilah either. I saw letters she sent you didn’t open. I saw the texts and phone calls you wouldn’t answer, and you told me yourself you refused to talk to her after she left. You pushed her away at the hospital, and again at the funeral, and the way you described it, it wasn’t in a nice way. She tried to protect you and it backfired, but the woman I met today is nothing like the one you described… I hope you see that.”

“Chase? You already said some of this stuff outside the coffee shop… are you trying to make me feel bad?”

“No!” He stopped walking, and so did Hank. “I want you to appreciate this second chance you’ve been given. And for God’s sake, don’t overthink it like you appear to be doing now. You said she should have told you sooner, and I’m telling you that’s not fair!”

He hesitated at the pained expression on Hank’s face, and made a conscious effort to soften his tone. “You asked me a question, so I’ll answer it. I believed every word she said, and maybe you need time to sort through it all, but you should take her at her word. Just because you saw something different doesn’t mean she’s a liar. We only get one mom in our life, and I happen to think she’s pretty freaking great.” Yeah, no doubt about it… he was angry, and it was getting harder to control.

Hank was frowning as he stood facing him, and his mouth opened to speak, but he soon closed it. Sighing, he ran the fingers of both hands through his hair before dropping his arms to his sides. “I’ve made a lot of mistakes. You’re right we only get one mom, but I was lucky enough to share Christine with you, and she made it so much easier to forget how much I missed my own.”

Chase was caught completely off guard, and started walking at the mention of his mother. He hadn’t expected Hank to bring her up in this moment… when he was struggling so hard for self-control. She’d loved his ex as if he were her own. He swallowed down another lump as Hank caught up with him. “Mom would say she was the lucky one.” The words came out naturally, and they were the truth.

“Yeah, I know she would.” They walked in silence for the next few minutes before Hank spoke again. Apparently, he’d been thinking about Christine. “I miss your mom a lot… she was a wonderful person.”

That softly spoken statement took the remaining edge off his anger, and he released his tension in a long, slow exhalation of air. “She was… she was the best… I think Lilah is a wonderful person too… just… give her a chance, Hank.”

He nodded, looking thoughtful as they turned into the apartment driveway. “I’m going to. Coming up?”

“Oh… no. I’ve got to get going.”

“Are you sure? I thought we could talk some more… or do you feel like getting something to eat?”

“Sorry, no, I’m not hungry.”

“Oh, okay. Thanks for coming tonight. There’s no way it would have gone as well as it did if you hadn’t been there.”

“No problem. I like her, Hank. Concentrate on the good stuff when you get together next week… and ask about Cyril.”

“Cyril? Why would I do that?”

“Because she loves him, and to show her you don’t blame him either. He’s an important part of her life, so if you want this to work, you have to accept him.”

Hank nodded again, in that same thoughtful way. “It’s good advice. Thank you. I’ll make sure I ask about him.”

“Good. Ah, I should go….” The look of disappointment he received, confused and irritated him. What did Hank expect? He done what he’d asked of him.

“Are you sure you don’t want to grab something to eat… I’m starving.”

“Maybe another time. I think I might go dancing and… let off some steam.”

“Oh, right, dancing. Sorry I screwed up your plans.”

“No worries… it’s still early enough.”

“Yeah, it is at that. Well, have fun, and don’t drink and drive.”

“I never do. See ya.”

“Can I have a hug before you go?”

“Ah, sure.”

Chase tried to make it quick, but Hank held on and squeezed. “I’m sorry,” he said into his ear. “I keep fucking up. I should have told you right away about talking to Julio… just add it to the list of mistakes I’ve made. Take care of yourself.”

He stepped back and turned quickly away, giving Chase no time to respond, not that he had anything to say. As Hank walked towards the entrance, Chase slumped against the back of his car. Was he being too hard on the man? He obviously needed a friend after his emotional day. He returned a quick wave as Hank went through the door to his building. Dancing had just been an excuse to leave, mostly because he didn’t want to lose his cool with his ex. If they were to have any chance at real friendship, he had to get past his disappointment… and his anger. Maybe dancing was exactly what he needed.

 

The bar was loud and packed, just the way Chase liked it. Encompassing two levels, the upstairs was where he wanted to be. The dance floor was already crowded, a given since it was a Saturday night. He hadn’t even gone up to his dad’s condo when he’d arrived back home, deciding he was dressed well enough. He’d parked his car and cabbed it to Endings, having no interest in talking to anyone, not even his for-sure-curious father.

Maneuvering his way through a crowd of milling people to the bar, a space opened up almost immediately. He ordered a Corona and retreated to a darkened corner. Squeezing the lime quarter, he dribbled its juice into the bottle, and began to chug the contents. Three quarters of the way through, he stopped and breathed deeply. He looked at the remainder, thinking how the last time he’d drank heavily in this place, he’d fucked up his entire life.

Getting drunk hadn’t solved anything then and it wouldn’t solve anything now. Setting the bottle down and pushing it away, he moved towards the dance floor, sidestepping his way to the edge. “Believe,” the old dance version by Cher, started up, making Chase smile. It was still one of his favorites, and the perfect invitation to lose himself in music. Instantly immersed in its beat, he began to dance.

Hank didn’t care for this bar—said it was too loud—but he’d come with him anyway. He used to say Chase had a rhythm like no one else, and that he never tired of watching him. It was true he never consciously thought about how he danced… he just did, and his body decided its movements.

It’d been an escape for him during his mother’s illness, but after she took her final breath, he’d lost interest in just about everything, including this. It wasn’t until the night of the proposal he’d come back here… that he’d done any dancing at all. Now it was like finding an old, long lost friend he hadn’t realized he’d missed.

A dozen songs must have played before he began to tire. He’d been approached a few times and had partners for a song here and there, but he never encouraged anything, and moved off whenever someone got too handsy.

Like now, when someone behind him began to shadow his moves with hands lightly placed on his hips. It was the kind of thing that happened all the time on the dance floor, and there really was nothing wrong with it, but Chase was here for himself and no one else. After a few futile attempts to move away, he stepped off the dance floor, only to be followed by hands that weren’t letting go. He pushed the hands away and picked up speed, but turned to see he was still being followed.

“Ah, sorry. I’m done for the night,” he said loudly, talking over the music.

“Yeah, I’ve had enough too. So… how are you?”

“What?”

“I said, how are you?”

Chase had heard him, but his familiarity was confusing him. “I’m good—”

“You don’t remember me, do you?”

Chase peered at him, seeing his face sporadically in the flashing lights. “No, sorry. Do we know each other?”

“We sure do.” The tall, dark-haired man smiled. “We had a lot of fun last time I saw you here, until your boyfriend showed up and ruined it. He still in the picture?”

Chase felt his legs go weak as it dawned on him. “That was you?”

The man grinned broadly before he leaned forward, speaking directly into Chase’s ear. “Sure was, and we have some unfinished business, don’t you think?”

Chase shivered and stepped back, feeling ill. “No… no we don’t, because that never should have happened.”

“Ah, I get it… boyfriend is still around, eh?”

“No, but—”

“But what? Want a drink?” He moved closer again, acting as though he’d received an invitation.

Chase took another step back. “No… no, thanks… I’m leaving soon. I’m getting a bottle of water and then I’m going.”

“I’ll get it for you.”

“No!” Chase said sharply. “Look, I only came here to dance, and what happened that night was a drunken mistake. I’m sorry….”

“Hey, don’t be sorry… I’m not. Shit happens, you know?”

His cavalier smile made Chase’s stomach churn, and he tried to move back again, but the way was blocked by closely-packed bodies lined up for drinks.

“You were pretty freaked out when your boyfriend crashed our little party. I was worried about you, but you left so fast, I couldn’t find you.”

“Yeah, well, my world was falling apart, so….”

“Like I said, I get it, getting caught like that. I thought it was kind of hot myself, though, knowing he saw us getting it on.”

Chase, lost for words at the guy’s stupid grin and unbelievable lack of sensitivity, glared in response.

“Okay, well… you sure you don’t want a real drink? I promise I’ll listen this time when you tell me to keep my hands off you… won’t be easy, though,” he said with a smirk.

His words hit Chase hard, and he didn’t understand why this jerk was still grinning. “I did tell you that, didn’t I. Of course I did. Why the fuck didn’t you listen the first time?”

The guy stepped even closer, and his boozy breath washed over Chase’s face. “Because you didn’t really mean it, and you were so damn adorable. You’ve got some sexy moves… the way you move those hips… man, oh, man.” He openly leered, and Chase’s temper got the best of him.

“You’re an ass, you know that? It might have been some game to you, but it was my life, and you had no right. I was drunk for fuck’s sake, and no means no!

Finally, the man’s stupid grin disappeared, replaced by a sneer. “Don’t give me that crap. Maybe I’m an ass, but drunk or not, you let me tongue fuck your mouth, and you didn’t seem to mind me feeling you up, not until your pretty boyfriend showed up… then it was all ‘woe is me’ bullshit.”

Chase shuddered at the crassness coming from this slimy bastard, and it all slammed back into him again—the shock of seeing Hank’s face outside the bathroom stall, and the horror and sheer pain in his expression. How it must have looked to him, to see Chase like that.

Chase had been naïve to think he could have handled this guy without any drama that night, and if he was sober he would have realized that. He was a fucking pig, way bigger and stronger than Chase, and it was obvious now he could be a mean sonofabitch. Ironically, Hank’s appearance might have helped him dodge a bullet.

His thoughts darted back to a couple of hours earlier, and what Hank had said to his mother about seeing her kissing their neighbor in that backyard shed with his hands all over her ass. It was exactly what he’d seen between Chase and this loser, only this time the shed was a bathroom stall, and Hank wasn’t looking out his bedroom window with his face pressed to the glass. He’d had a front row seat. “Stay the fuck away from me,” he said with a growl as he pushed by him and headed for the exit.

“Count on it, you fucking tease.”

Chase hesitated for a second, and turned to face the man. “Go find yourself another drunk guy to take advantage of, you piece of shit. You’re a fucking creep.” He’d yelled at the tops of his lungs and people close by were staring, but he didn’t give a flying fuck.

The guy smirked in response, but his eyes glittered with anger. Chase turned away once more.

“Nice view,” could be heard as he walked away. This guy wasn’t one to quit, but Chase resisted the bait. He squared his shoulders as he edged through group after group of people. He was furious. It had been a mistake to come here, and forgoing politeness, he began to barge his way through the crowd… until he ran smack into Hank.

 

 

*

Thanks for reading. What did you think of Chase's face to face meeting with Mr. Charming? Please leave a story 'like' on the front story page under the story description, and a chapter 'like' if you are enjoying Endings. It would be appreciated. Thank you to my editor, Timothy M. for his hard work. Cheers!
Copyright © 2019 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 26
  • Wow 9
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Well hello ...

First, I'm not sure Chase should be in any hurry to let go of his frustration and anger with Hank. He needs to process it yes but Hank treated him shabbily, just as he has his mother. Hank's due some annoyance on Chase's part. I wonder if losing Chase had anything to do with Hank's being willing to meet with Lilah. A change in perspective perhaps.

I wonder if drunken Chase really had any chance at escaping the creep at the bar. It seems he was coerced rather forcefully to "cooperate". A case of being pawed and mauled.

Did Hank see Chase's exchange with guy this time? If so what does he think he saw?

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Tried to get me by posting earlier huh? I just got up five minutes ago! Shame on you! Kidding! anyway, i think this chapter shows just how strong chase has become. The way he stood up to his, well lets call him what he is, would be date raper proves how far hes come. The question is how long has hank been there this time, did he see the whole thing? What did he hear? And the best question is, what happens now??

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Well hello ...

First, I'm not sure Chase should be in any hurry to let go of his frustration and anger with Hank. He needs to process it yes but Hank treated him shabbily, just as he has his mother. Hank's due some annoyance on Chase's part. I wonder if losing Chase had anything to do with Hank's being willing to meet with Lilah. A change in perspective perhaps.

I wonder if drunken Chase really had any chance at escaping the creep at the bar. It seems he was coerced rather forcefully to "cooperate". A case of being pawed and mauled.

Did Hank see Chase's exchange with guy this time? If so what does he think he saw?

Well, well. You beat Wes to the punch, bro! First in. :D  You're absolutely right that Chase needs to not forget how Hank treated him, and I din't think he will. He's not the same guy he was, but right now he is incredibly upset. It's hard to say whether coming face to face with creepo is a good thing or a bad thing. Hopefully, when he calms down, he'll recognize just how little a part he played in the bathroom stall incident. He was outmatched by a practiced predator from the sounds of it. You sum that situation up well, dugh, and answer your own question. I'm a big, strong guy, and I have found it difficult a few times to escape some determined attention from a bigger would-be suitor. It can be really tricky, and often requires some quick thinking which is hard when you're drunk. 

You pose another good question. I think I can answer by saying losing Chase has started the process, for Hank, of dealing with all his issues, most of which stem from his family past, so yeah, it had a lot to do with reaching out to Lilah. And we can't underestimate the importance of his first step, which was to reach out to a therapist.

We don't know what Hank saw, but it is curious that he was there in the first place. :unsure:  

Thanks, bro... appreciate the support as always... cheers... Gary.... :hug:    

  • Love 3
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Tried to get me by posting earlier huh? I just got up five minutes ago! Shame on you! Kidding! anyway, i think this chapter shows just how strong chase has become. The way he stood up to his, well lets call him what he is, would be date raper proves how far hes come. The question is how long has hank been there this time, did he see the whole thing? What did he hear? And the best question is, what happens now??

And @dughlas beat you. :D  :P  So, it worked. :gikkle:  Hey, Wes!  I'm glad you see Chase's strength here. He really is a changed man, and I thought he handled that guy well, short of punching him in the face... not something I would ever recommend. :)  Date raper... yeah. Were you suspicious of why he wanted to get Chase a drink so bad? I wouldn't put anything past a guy like that. 

As far as Hank, it would appear he was just walking in, but maybe not. Chase was dancing for quite a while. The real question is, what was he doing at a bar he doesn't like in the first place?

As for what happens now, I can only say I suspect this would not be a good time to engage Chase. :(  He is pissed!

Thanks, buddy, for always being eager to read each new chapter... it gives me warm fuzzies. :D  Cheers... Gary.... :hug:  

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I like seeing this side of Chase as he in my opinion needs to stand on his own and Hank is seemingly wanting to try to get back what he's lost way too fast. I just get the vibe he''s now wanting Chase back yet he can't just act as though it never happened yet his disappointment Chase didn't want to go back to his place just infers that he was hopeful Chase would be as eager as he likely is to start over. I can see them getting back together eventually, even if I don't necessarily think it's for the best, but it's going to be different than it was. Based on their conversation about his mom I think Hank is still a little hard headed and just hasn't changed enough to make the relationship work the way it should if they got back together now. He needs a little more therapy. Of course the scene in the bar "may" put a different spin on things because Chase might be feeling vulnerable and Hank surely heard his outburst so I can see it triggering some intense emotions as I can't imagine his reaction now that he's come to know that what he saw wasn't consensual. Hank though...to be frank, as crazy as it sounds, I can actually imagine him potentially being a little angry at Chase by possibly accusing Chase of failing to tell him it wasn't consensual as if Hank would have believed him. Of course Chase was too drunk to remember and I doubt Hank would make such an accusation anyway if he has any common sense...but some cynical part of my mind couldn't help going there. I guess we'll see what happens when it happens.

Edited by NimirRaj
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, NimirRaj said:

I like seeing this side of Chase as he in my opinion needs to stand on his own and Hank is in my opinion wanting to try to get back what he's lost way too fast. I just get the vibe he''s now wanting Chase back yet he can't just in my opinion act as though it never happened yet his disappointment Chase didn't want to go back to his place just infers that he was hopeful Chase would be as eager as he likely is to start over. I can see them getting back together eventually, even if I don't necessarily think it's for the best, but it's going to be different than it was. Based on their conversation about his mom I think Hank is still a little hard headed and just hasn't changed enough to make the relationship work the way it should it they got back together now. Of course the scene in the bar may put a different spin on things because Chase may be feeling vulnerable and Hank surely heard his outburst so I can see it triggering some intense emotions as I can't imagine his reaction now that he's come to know that what he saw wasn't consensual. Hank though...to be frank as crazy as it sounds I can actually imagine him potentially being a little angry at Chase by possibly accusing Chase of failing to tell him it wasn't consensual as if Hank would have believed him. Of course Chase was too drunk to remember and I doubt Hank would make such an accusation anyway if he has any common sense...but some cynical part of my mind couldn't help going there. I guess we'll see what happens when it happens.

I get and enjoy all your speculation. It's okay to be cynical, MinirRaj. :)  My hope is that Chase puts that whole bathroom incident in the past. He has never really let go of all that guilt, and it flared up again as he pictured Hank's hurt face outside the bathroom stall. We really don't know what Hank did or didn't see at the bar tonight. I suspect, though, Chase won't want to talk to him or anyone else. Reliving a traumatic experience is hard... and sometimes it can send us into a tailspin. Chase, though, is a lot tougher than he used to be. He might struggle with coming face to face with his sleazy predator and realizing how close he might have come to something far worse, but I don't think he will slide back, or accept anything that isn't good for him. 

Where Hank is now is tough to say. We've been seeing regrets for a while, and we saw a kind of backtracking/thawing of the man at the pizza dinner with Charles and Chase. In essence there has been a somewhat steady progression, but it's early still. He hasn't really said what he wants or hopes for. All we see is a person who seems in flux, yet still shows signs of stubborness. Yeah, hard headed is a good way to describe him. 

Thank you, my friend, for sharing your valid and interesting thoughts... you're right... we'll just have to see what happens next. :)  Cheers... Gary.... :hug:  

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, FanLit said:

Maybe that’s what happens when you order a Corona nowadays....😳

Bits and pieces of that momentous night come back to Chase post mortem but I think it’s a good thing; He is emotionally stronger now and that can only be a positive in his dealing with whatever he finds out.  
Part of that is that everything that happened that night wasn’t his fault-yes, he ran away from Hank but a pushy would be sexual predator and a boyfriend hair triggered to have a nuclear reaction to someone he loved “betraying” him in such a manner was the perfect shit storm.  (Nitro meet glycerin 💣)  

Based on what it appeared Chase and Hank had before, what happened could and should have been a stumble on his and Hank’s road together, it was Hank’s reaction that ended their romantic journey, just like it was Hank’s reaction that destroyed his relationship with Lilah.

I actually think it’s a good thing Chase ran into Hank at “Endings”;  Hank came there hoping to bump into Chase, as it was stated he didn’t really favor the place and only went there because Chase liked it.  There is unfinished business between them that needs to be addressed and I think that is what Hank went there to do.  I don’t know how much (if any) of the confrontation between Chase and Mr. Would be Rapist Hank saw but his reaction to it will be an indication if he listened to anything Chase told him that evening and that will determine if they have a future relationship of any kind.
 

Nice cliffy, Gary.

Lol. That's a groaner, my friend. :P But it is funny. 

I agree. I think this face to face thing could be good for Chase in the long run. While reliving it may have been traumatic, Chase is a different guy now. He was naive as hell back then, used to being protected from any kind of outside harm, ans was no match for a big, practiced predator. I think he sees that, and hopefully, he will be able to let go of the guilt he still hangs on to. If we can't absolve ourselves, we never fully heal. :(  Yes, nitro meet glycerin. It really was a perfect shit storm.

From that point, Hank's issues took over. I don't think there's any doubt his misconceptions about his mother affected how he dealt with Chase... or should I say his inability to deal. 

I won't say why Hank was at Endings... it could be good or bad, but it should be interesting. I can say Chase is likely not in any kind of mood to talk. We'll have to wait and see....

Glad you like the cliffy... I don't do these things purposely... they just happen. :P  Cheers, my dear friend... thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts... G. :hug:   

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Glad you like the cliffy... I don't do these things purposely... they just happen. :P  

Umm, yeeeaaahhh....and water is wet.

  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
1 minute ago, FanLit said:

Umm, yeeeaaahhh....and water is wet.

No... seriously... I am guileless. :P  And water is also cool, and hot, and quenching, and slippery.... ;) 

  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

And a correction:

I don’t know why I’m saying “would be” to that asshole being a sexual predator or rapist when he clearly is;  Chase was not an isolated incident and definitely not the last person he put those “moves” on.

It seems “Endings” is his hunting ground (or one of many?). I’m surprised someone hasn’t put an “ending” to his reign of terror.  

Fucking Sleaze.  💩

Edited by FanLit
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
39 minutes ago, Headstall said:

And @dughlas beat you. :D  :P  So, it worked. :gikkle:  Hey, Wes!  I'm glad you see Chase's strength here. He really is a changed man, and I thought he handled that guy well, short of punching him in the face... not something I would ever recommend. :)  Date raper... yeah. Were you suspicious of why he wanted to get Chase a drink so bad? I wouldn't put anything past a guy like that. 

As far as Hank, it would appear he was just walking in, but maybe not. Chase was dancing for quite a while. The real question is, what was he doing at a bar he doesn't like in the first place?

As for what happens now, I can only say I suspect this would not be a good time to engage Chase. :(  He is pissed!

Thanks, buddy, for always being eager to read each new chapter... it gives me warm fuzzies. :D  Cheers... Gary.... :hug:  

i think the reason why hank was there is because for once he used common sense. If i wanted to get away from someone I'd go to a place i know they didnt like. And i think hank realized that. Chase may be mad but running into hank could be a good thing.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

'Smack at Hank' You mean Hank, Hank?

well, not a surprise, in a way i guessed Hank would show up. Yae!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Sweetlion said:

Gary!!!! You are terrible ending like that! Can we have the next chapter now? :gikkle:

Hey, Leo! Um... no... :P  I'd like to, but it's more fun making you wait. :D  And what was so terrible about that ending? :whistle:   :hug: 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Hey, Leo! Um... no... :P  I'd like to, but it's more fun making you wait. :D  And what was so terrible about that ending? :whistle:   :hug: 

The cliffhanger 😡 Although I don't really fear for missinterpretation this time, Chase probably has a murderous look in his face, and Hank might even have listened if Chase was talking loud enough. Plus I don't think Chase would give a fuck at this time.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, FanLit said:

And a correction:

I don’t know why I’m saying “would be” to that asshole being a sexual predator or rapist when he clearly is;  Chase was not an isolated incident and definitely not the last person he put those “moves” on.

It seems “Endings” is his hunting ground (or one of many?). I’m surprised someone hasn’t put an “ending” to his reign of terror.  

Fucking Sleaze.  💩

I think it was obvious the sleaze saw an easy, vulnerable target. Guys like him make the rounds, and they know a target when they see it. They seem harmless... until they're not. I've written poems about guys like this. :( 

And then there are the ones who like to get in between relationships... for some reason they find joy in destroying things.... 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

i think the reason why hank was there is because for once he used common sense. If i wanted to get away from someone I'd go to a place i know they didnt like. And i think hank realized that. Chase may be mad but running into hank could be a good thing.

You could... or could not... be right. :)  So far, conversations between them tend to be volatile, but there has been movement, so....

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Tonyr said:

'Smack at Hank' You mean Hank, Hank?

well, not a surprise, in a way i guessed Hank would show up. Yae!

Not a surprise for you, maybe, but I think it was a heck of a one for Chase. :unsure2:  Will Hank's timing be good or bad? Should be interesting to find out. :yes:  Thanks, Tony! Your support is much appreciated. See you Monday. :D  Cheers... Gary.... :hug: 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Hank and Chase have some clear conversation. You show them navigate the tension still there between them, and while it’s not resolved, Hank manages to apologize. I can’t imagine what Hank must be feeling to see Chase and that other guy again. I’m preparing for fireworks. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Sweetlion said:

The cliffhanger 😡 Although I don't really fear for missinterpretation this time, Chase probably has a murderous look in his face, and Hank might even have listened if Chase was talking loud enough. Plus I don't think Chase would give a fuck at this time.

I think you're probably right. Chase is no longer Hank's lapdog, hoping for a scrap to be thrown his way. At this moment in time, I doubt he cares what Hank has to say. Will Hank even get a chance to say anything? Chase is a kind and caring man, but he just relived a traumatic experience. Should be interesting. Cheers! 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Hank and Chase have some clear conversation. You show them navigate the tension still there between them, and while it’s not resolved, Hank manages to apologize. I can’t imagine what Hank must be feeling to see Chase and that other guy again. I’m preparing for fireworks. 

Hey, Parker! Fireworks? Possibly. You're right that there has been a progression between the two men, and correct again that the tensions, while reduced, are not resolved. And now Chase is pissed at seeing how close he came to being a bigger victim. That is sobering. Is it the right time to interact with his ex? We shall see. Thanks, buddy... your support is much appreciated... cheers... Gary.... :hug: 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
48 minutes ago, Headstall said:

the cliffy... I don't do these things purposely... they just happen. :P 

? Why do I not believe you... Trust me, we do not need cliffhangers to continue reading Endings. An ending, I bet, will only come too soon, whenever you give it to us.

Another eye-opener to Hank as some comments seem to suggest? Mhm... I am not sure he will now be able to see more clearly what is going on than then. There is a chance, yes, but no more.

I wonder why Hank went to the club? Does he miss being with Chase? Why else would he go where he does not like to be? For how long had he be watching Chase? What had been going on within him?

Hank should have stayed at home and thought some more about himself and his mom. Did he run away from that? Maybe he realized that he equated what he had observed in the shed with what he had seen in the bar. And I am sure that when you had stuck for many years to the same beliefs and convictions you need more than one or two nudges to find you may actually have been jumping to conclusions. Anyway, I am not sure if what Hand has just witnessed will now make him understand himself and his former lover better or not. Lots of questions that you leave open here, my friend!

Yes, maybe Hank needs a friend right now. But so did Chase while Hank was stuck in his projections and judgements.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, Headstall said:

And then there are the ones who like to get in between relationships... for some reason they find joy in destroying things.... 

Yes,  fits that predator: "I thought it was kind of hot myself, though, knowing he saw us getting it on.”

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, mayday said:

? Why do I not believe you... Trust me, we do not need cliffhangers to continue reading Endings. An ending, I bet, will only come too soon, whenever you give it to us.

Another eye-opener to Hank as some comments seem to suggest? Mhm... I am not sure he will now be able to see more clearly what is going on than then. There is a chance, yes, but no more.

I wonder why Hank went to the club? Does he miss being with Chase? Why else would he go where he does not like to be? For how long had he be watching Chase? What had been going on within him?

Hank should have stayed at home and thought some more about himself and his mom. Did he run away from that? Maybe he realized that he equated what he had observed in the shed with what he had seen in the bar. And I am sure that when you had stuck for many years to the same beliefs and convictions you need more than one or two nudges to find you may actually have been jumping to conclusions. Anyway, I am not sure if what Hand has just witnessed will now make him understand himself and his former lover better or not. Lots of questions that you leave open here, my friend!

Yes, maybe Hank needs a friend right now. But so did Chase while Hank was stuck in his projections and judgements.

Love this, mayday! Although I don'r know why readers don't believe me when I say the cliffie just happened. :P 

You pose some great questions, and share some interesting thoughts. One reason for Hank showing up at the bar could be that he has something to tell Chase that just couldn't wait... ot it could be he is in a state of panic or anxiety after the day he/they had. And yes, it could be further self-realization the picture in his head of his mother and Cyril was the same one he had in his head of Chase and the sleaze. Gret point about needing more than one nudge to let go of preconceived notions. Jumping to conclusions did not serve him well at all in his life. We don't know what Hank witnessed, but I can't see Chase being receptive to conversation after what he just experienced. Still, the man has changed, and he is strong enough to handle whatever is thrown at him. He doesn't run and hide anymore... he faces things, and he's confident. As Dr. Chorney said, he stands his ground. :)  Thank you, my friend. I appreciate hearing form you, as always... cheers... G. :hug:  

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..