Jump to content
    Headstall
  • Author
  • 2,223 Words
  • 7,482 Views
  • 53 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Song and Dance - 2. Chapter 2 All Shook Up

Signals crossed?

Song and Dance

 

 

Chapter 2

 

 

Arron was shaken. What had just happened? He was still sitting in the parking lot after Chet had driven away. This was new. He wasn’t used to being caught off guard like this. These feelings had been closed off since Dwayne had left… left wasn’t accurate. Arron had thrown him out. Three days he had given him; three days to remove all the evidence showing they had spent three years together. Their anniversary had come and gone during those three long days. The bitterness of crushed dreams of forever permeated the hotel room he had holed up in while Dwayne obliterated his presence from their home.

As far as he knew they were still together, his ex-partner and his ex-one-time best friend. The shock of it; finding them fucking on his brand new, buttery soft leather couch, his anniversary gift to himself, still haunted his days, whether sleeping or awake. He had learned a lesson that day. Two, actually. Men were pigs, and risking his heart no longer had any appeal. Okay, so he finally got over the ‘men were pigs’ lesson, as the bitterness retreated to a more manageable size. Risking his heart though, still had little attraction for him.

Those green eyes were a serious threat. What shade was that, anyway? Emerald? No, not emerald. He knew that color though… he was sure it was a shade of green he saw it all the time, somewhere. Green, green, green… he had it! He could picture the vibrant leaves of the geranium plants he overwintered on his sunny windowsills every year, until they returned to their summer home on the veranda. Damn. He was thinking about the color of a man’s eyes; someone he had just met. Was that so bad? Wasn’t it time to let go of the past and start to trust again. Two years was long enough. He could do this; he was ready.

He hoped Chet wasn’t just looking to get laid, though. With his looks, that wouldn’t be a problem for him, and maybe that’s all he was looking for, but the handful of times Arron had hooked-up since Dwayne, had made it clear it wasn’t for him. When he found himself subtly flirting with Chet, it had surprised him. Arron knew the effect he sometimes had on other men, and that effect was evident in the way Chet had looked at him. It thrilled him that he caused a man as handsome as Chet to completely lose his focus, and he had felt confident and connected and oh so sure that dinner was a good idea. Now, he found he was a bundle of nerves. He had his phone number, so he could call and cancel, but that would be a cowardly thing to do, wouldn't it? He wasn’t afraid of having a date, not really. No, he was afraid of the strength of what he had felt in Chet’s presence, that overpowering need that had coursed through him, the one that said he had to be near this guy.

Sighing at the state he had let himself get into, he reversed his cruiser and pulled out onto the roadway, startled by the blare of a horn. What the hell? He had just cut somebody off! This was so not like him. He admonished himself and settled down, forcing himself to concentrate. He had a job to do and that was something he took great pride in, whether it was traffic detail, or neighborhood patrols and response. One thing he had accomplished was his decision there would be no cancelling of this date. For whatever reason, he had to be in Chet’s presence again even if just to find out what he was about. Fuck, the guy was easy on the eyes, and from what he saw when he stood outside his Jeep, built like a streamlined tank. The position that mental picture caused his dick to take in his tight pants was quite painful, and demanded immediate readjustment. Goddammit, it had been a while… too fucking long.

 

Four o’clock found him rushing from work, straight to the Spectrum. He paid Sandy for a day pass, and proceeded to give himself a fast blistering workout, benefiting his brain as much as his body. He hadn’t felt like this in such a long time… maybe even ever. He was excited, nervous, eager, and fucking horny as hell. He felt more like eighteen than almost twenty-eight. Calm down, he told himself over and over. It’s just dinner with a guy you don’t even know. Of course, if he was a friend of Michael and Kendall’s, he must be a solid guy. They wouldn’t waste their time with someone who wasn’t. And he couldn’t imagine a hotter guy. He wanted to suck on that chin dimple, and feel that strong neck column in his hands as he stuck his tongue down… fuck! What the hell was he doing? This was ridiculous; he was getting way too carried away over this guy. Good God! He was boning up in his gym shorts. Forcing himself to concentrate, he finished up his workout and headed into the locker room to change, skipping the shower, not trusting himself to be able to control his suddenly unruly dick.

Fifteen minutes later, he was standing in front of his closet, looking at his clothes in dismay. He had no idea what to wear. He'd told Chet he would wear a polo shirt, but what color? There were too many fucking colors. Midnight blue? No, too somber. Yellow? Nope. It was winter, you idiot. Silvery gray? Maybe. Or black? No… the gray… the three black buttons and black bands edging the short sleeves would look good. Jeans. Black or gray? Black, for sure. The dressy, shiny ones or the normal jeans? Damn. Okay, dressy, shiny ones. You know your ass looks good in those. Underwear? Easy. Black boxer briefs with the silver waistband, just in case. Arron, you are fucking hopeless.

He had to take his time shaving. He was way too excited and he didn’t want to show up at the restaurant with nicks or slices on his face. Mission accomplished, he looked down past the erection that had supervised his shave, trying to decide whether he had time to man-scape. A quick appraisal told him he was acceptable as is, not that he had any intention of getting naked. Still, being prepared was a cop’s motto too. Next came flossing, brushing his teeth and a thorough brushing of his tongue. A good rinse-out of the toothpaste and he was ready for the shower. A quick glance at the clock told him he was good for time.

Stepping into the hot shower was the soothing balm he needed to calm himself down mentally. His brain slowed down from its frantic earlier pace, and he allowed himself to float on a cloud of caressing steam. He let his mind wander slowly over the remembered masculine face with the geranium leaf-colored eyes and he was filled with an undeniable surge of hope. It was something he hadn’t allowed himself for a long time, but he wasn’t going to question its intrusion this time. He was tired of pushing it down and away. He would allow hope to hang around for now, and accept the consequences it might entail.

The last time he had given hope its head, it had dwindled after a few dates, when it became apparent there was no match there. It turned out the other guy preferred an open relationship. That may happen again, but he couldn’t deprive himself of the chance, not with a guy who made him feel the way Chet did. Letting himself go, he took care of one last thing. Gripping the hardness the images of Chet had caused, he gave in to the physical demand his body was making. He would never get through the evening if he didn’t do this. Stroking the thick, soapy length of his cock slowly and steadily, he pictured the brown-haired man with the strong-looking hands and the glimpse of chest hair peeking over his shirt collar. It didn’t take long for Arron’s widened legs to tense up and his heavy-feeling balls to pull upward from the need for release. The sensations were exquisite every time his hand met and rubbed the flare of his cockhead as he toyed with the simmering promise of eruption. He could have lasted a little longer, but the pleasure had reached a level of intensity that made him want to blast past the edge. So he did, and it was by far his best orgasm in recent memory. Without being anywhere near him, Chet had filled him up to overflowing and the proof was now making its way down the shower walls, allowing Arron to return to a steady calm once again.

With one last look in the mirror, he checked his lightly-gelled hair, the shining blackness of it enhanced, and smiled at the eager face he saw there. It had been ages since he’d been on a date, and his gut told him this one was special. “Wish me luck,” he said aloud.

Arriving five minutes early, there was a churn in his stomach when he couldn’t spot the white Jeep anywhere. Pulling his silver Highlander up near the restaurant entrance, he turned off the big vehicle and waited. At five minutes after six, with still no Chet, Arron’s eagerness and hope had begun to deflate. This was not a good sign. Resigned to being stood up, he restarted his vehicle and considered whether he should wait a few more minutes.

Ten minutes later, amidst the burn of disappointment, he gave up hope, and pulled out to leave. He wasn’t going to give Chet the satisfaction of calling him, as much as he wanted to know what happened. Dammit, it hurt! Did he react too quickly? Were his trust issues taking control here? He had to pull over into the next little plaza beside the restaurant and get out to breathe. Standing outside his Toyota, he leaned on the window, just taking in the cold night air. He saw his phone light up on the front seat, and knew it had to be Chet. He didn’t really want to know what his excuse was, so he made the decision to ignore it. As soon as the phone’s light went out he regretted not answering it. Dammit. His emotions were all over the place. Was he being a drama queen? Even in the freezing cold, his eyes were burning. He could still see the restaurant from where he stood and knew Chet hadn’t been calling from there. His phone lit up again, and this time, he was pissed enough to answer it. Reaching inside, he grabbed the phone.

“Yeah?”

“Arron?”

“Yeah, Chet, it’s Arron. What’s up?” His voice was cold.

“Hey, I don’t want to seem impatient, but where the heck are you?”

“What do you mean, where am I?”

“You were supposed to meet me here at six. I’ve been here since quarter to. Are you cancelling?”

“What are you talking about? I was at the restaurant and you weren’t there. I can still see it from here, and you aren’t there. Is this supposed to be funny, Chet?” There was a definite break in Arron’s voice.

“No, man, seriously… I am standing at the front doors right now. If you can see the restaurant, you should be able to see me.” Chet was sounding frustrated, as he questioned his supposed date. “If you’re cancelling, just say so, okay?”

Arron could hear hurt in that voice. “Chet, what restaurant are you at?”

“The one you told me about. The Italian place on Ellesmere, Angelinos… why?”

“Jesus, Chet, I said Pieterangelos, not Angelinos. That’s at Kennedy Road. Pieterangelos is at Morningside Ave. You’re fifteen minutes west of here.” The relief Arron felt was immense. He hadn’t been stood up at all, and Chet wasn’t just another jerk.

“Oh, crap, I am so sorry. I thought I knew where you meant. Fuck! My bad. I’ll be there as soon as I can, okay? Are we still on?”

“Yeah, of course we’re still on, but take your time. You’re talking to a cop remember. If you get here too quick, I’ll give you a ticket for speeding. The restaurant isn’t busy, so there will be no problem with getting a table. I still have to drive back there, anyway.”

“You left?” Chet sounded a little upset at that.

“Yeah, but listen, Chet. I thought you stood me up. I’m just in the next plaza. It didn’t occur to me that you would be at a different restaurant. You know you’re never going to live that down, right?”

“Maybe, but I blame you anyway.”

“Okay, you’re right. I should have written it down for you. I’ll have to remember that for next time.”

“Next time, I’ll remember, but that’s not what I meant.”

“What did you mean then?”

“I meant, how am I supposed to concentrate when I’m looking into those gray eyes of yours? I was lucky I could find my way home.” And with that the phone went click. Something in Arron went click too.

Thanks Lightning Tim!
Please join us in the COTT forum if you want to discuss Song and Dance (SAD)... and have a laugh or two.
www.gayauthors org/forums/topic/39932-cards-on-the-table-by-headstall/
Copyright © 2015 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 57
  • Love 14
  • Haha 4
  • Fingers Crossed 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



These two are nervous as long-tailed cats in a roomful of rocking chairs ... both are enamored of the others eyes, can't recall ever hearing someones described as geranium green. I really want these two to get to know each other as individuals so they have something more than what currently seems nearly overwhelming lust. I understand physical attraction but I want them to have so much more ...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/14/2015 06:44 AM, Irritable1 said:
Oh, Arron! Chet is not like that! Be nice to him! :,(
LOL. Thanks Irri... don't worry, Arron is a nice guy too... he has trust issues though. He hasn't met anyone like Chet yet. The gray eyes comment got to Arron...Chet's charm is undeniable...They only talked for a couple of minutes...cheers
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/14/2015 06:50 AM, dughlas said:
These two are nervous as long-tailed cats in a roomful of rocking chairs ... both are enamored of the others eyes, can't recall ever hearing someones described as geranium green. I really want these two to get to know each other as individuals so they have something more than what currently seems nearly overwhelming lust. I understand physical attraction but I want them to have so much more ...
You guys are funny today.lol. This is not lust so much as getting struck by lightning, dugh. As I replied to Irri... they only talked for a few minutes but a connection happened...we'll see where it goes. We really don't know much yet and neither do they. Thanks for the review and the image of cats and rocking chairs :) cheers
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Arron is a bit of an emotional train wreck isn't he? And I thought Chet was wounded. It's nothing compared to what happened to Arron. I can understand why he would have such trust issues.

 

It wasn't a very good start to their date but hopefully the rest of the date will go better. :/

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 03/14/2015 07:19 AM, LitLover said:
Arron is a bit of an emotional train wreck isn't he? And I thought Chet was wounded. It's nothing compared to what happened to Arron. I can understand why he would have such trust issues.

 

It wasn't a very good start to their date but hopefully the rest of the date will go better. :/

Thanks Lit. The whole premise of the story is that these two guys are wounded...unlucky in love... doing the song and dance. I wanted to show the frantic side of getting ready for a date, getting your hopes up, being too eager... because of what life has dealt so far...initial attraction can be very powerful...these are two lonely guys. When they put themselves out there, there is something at stake, because they are not looking for hook ups....Cheers
  • Love 1
Link to comment

It was funny and sweet getting to see Arron preparing for their date. It's not just us girls panicking over what to wear.

 

They are both so starved for love. I hope they take the time to get to know each other. A few more misunderstandings might cause these scardy cats to simply end it before they get to the good stuff.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/14/2015 07:32 AM, Puppilull said:
It was funny and sweet getting to see Arron preparing for their date. It's not just us girls panicking over what to wear.

 

They are both so starved for love. I hope they take the time to get to know each other. A few more misunderstandings might cause these scardy cats to simply end it before they get to the good stuff.

Thanks, Puppilull, for a great review. You got what I was trying to show. That frantic state we can get into when we are really attracted to someone but are scared about taking chances. Our guys are wounded and you're exactly right...Starved for love...hope is a scary thing sometimes...Cheers
  • Like 1
Link to comment

And I thought Chet was the one with the bad history...Arron went through something much more than losing a lover, he lost a best friend and his trust in people as well. I was on the edge of my seat the whole way, and was angry when Chet didn't show up--it just didn't seem like the thing he'd do. I was expecting Arron to not answer the phone the second time, but I'm glad he did.

Even so, their talk hopefully helped to let Arron bounce back--and it seemed to when he played the cop card at the end. These two are so keyed up, that I don't think sex is going to happen this date--they both need to be more sure of the other for that to happen, and if they immediately fall into bed, then that can hinder the real bond they could have by making each other think that sex is the primary thing each wants.

The meal is going to be very interesting...I wonder if it will be anything like the scene from the film Tom Jones--a very seductive scene which everyone on the forum should see. :)

Come on, post the next one--we know you have it already!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

:rofl: Why did I get the feeling I might have a good insight into the authors date prep?

So Aaron has some history too? Trust issues are hard to overcome but both have had a good break in between so I will keep fingers crossed.

Both boys arrived early for the date, ok in the wrong place :gikkle: , but the fact they both did it was interesting.

Chet parting comment was sweet.

PS "simmering promise of eruption", you are a writer my friend

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 03/14/2015 09:11 AM, ColumbusGuy said:
And I thought Chet was the one with the bad history...Arron went through something much more than losing a lover, he lost a best friend and his trust in people as well. I was on the edge of my seat the whole way, and was angry when Chet didn't show up--it just didn't seem like the thing he'd do. I was expecting Arron to not answer the phone the second time, but I'm glad he did.

Even so, their talk hopefully helped to let Arron bounce back--and it seemed to when he played the cop card at the end. These two are so keyed up, that I don't think sex is going to happen this date--they both need to be more sure of the other for that to happen, and if they immediately fall into bed, then that can hinder the real bond they could have by making each other think that sex is the primary thing each wants.

The meal is going to be very interesting...I wonder if it will be anything like the scene from the film Tom Jones--a very seductive scene which everyone on the forum should see. :)

Come on, post the next one--we know you have it already!

Hey CG! Thanks for a great review. Their start has been a comedy of errors that shows how vulnerable each one is. Arron has gone through quite an ordeal and trust is hard for him. It takes a lot of guts to put yourself out there, when you've been betrayed. Loneliness is their motivator and connection is the goal. It's not the best start but then that's the way life often is. This chapter was sopposed to come across as frsantic and a little desperate...I think you get that. They crossed a big hurdle and both had a scare that amounts to a kind of reality check. Lightning has struck...Cheers
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/14/2015 11:27 AM, Bucket1 said:
:rofl: Why did I get the feeling I might have a good insight into the authors date prep?

So Aaron has some history too? Trust issues are hard to overcome but both have had a good break in between so I will keep fingers crossed.

Both boys arrived early for the date, ok in the wrong place :gikkle: , but the fact they both did it was interesting.

Chet parting comment was sweet.

PS "simmering promise of eruption", you are a writer my friend

LOL...I will admit to a little stress/panic at times.Trust is hard but I think both guys are ready. These aren't kids, but their connection has them acting like it. I wanted to show how much Arron wants somebody to love by letting us see him on edge(no pun intended). I think that parting comment was what Arron needed right then. His relief that he hadn't been stood up was very telling to me . there is something at stake here for him. As for the PS...we both know what that feels like :) Cheers
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Arron has a painful past. That kind of betrayal is not easy to get over. I was worried he wouldnt answer the phone and just leave. Maybe Chet's sincerity and honesty can help Arron get over his past.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/16/2015 01:21 AM, EagleIsaac said:
Arron has a painful past. That kind of betrayal is not easy to get over. I was worried he wouldnt answer the phone and just leave. Maybe Chet's sincerity and honesty can help Arron get over his past.
Arron, the big strong cop, is pretty vulnerable...and lonely...they've both been bruised and battered... Cheers
  • Like 1
Link to comment

At first it just seemed to pass me by, but then the significance of Arron choosing Chet's gym to work out seems telling. I know you say he goes there sometimes, but to want to be there now, to be as physically in the heart of the man he cannot stop thinking about is deep. I love how penetratingly hot his thoughts soon become as he forces himself to go through a rough workout: "He wanted to suck on that chin dimple, and feel that strong neck column in his hands as he stuck his tongue down…" Would he have the intensity of such thoughts if he had gone to his regular gym, or just headed home? I think not ; )

Then with the location mix-up, we learn that Arron is passionate and a little short on patience. I hope that does not wind up further messing up their date, but maybe now the cop will cut Chet a little slack, like he should have all along.

Great chapter!

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/16/2015 10:22 AM, AC Benus said:
At first it just seemed to pass me by, but then the significance of Arron choosing Chet's gym to work out seems telling. I know you say he goes there sometimes, but to want to be there now, to be as physically in the heart of the man he cannot stop thinking about is deep. I love how penetratingly hot his thoughts soon become as he forces himself to go through a rough workout: "He wanted to suck on that chin dimple, and feel that strong neck column in his hands as he stuck his tongue down…" Would he have the intensity of such thoughts if he had gone to his regular gym, or just headed home? I think not ; )

 

Then with the location mix-up, we learn that Arron is passionate and a little short on patience. I hope that does not wind up further messing up their date, but maybe now the cop will cut Chet a little slack, like he should have all along.

 

Great chapter!

Thanks AC...you got this one exactly... from the time he met him, Chet has been in the forefront of his mind...choosing the Spectrum is part of that. He was turned on going to Chet's gym... the gym he had been at just before they met 4 hours ago. Arron IS passionate and he has huge trust issues...shouldn't really tell you that yet...the relief he felt that Chet wasn't just some jerk who stood him up helps him trust his gut more than his head, which is a big step for him. Thanks for an astute review... Cheers
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Uh-oh...Arron reminds me of er...me. lol The preparations for the date as well as his reaction to the mix-up. Temper, temper. haha. And insecurity. Great chapter, Gary.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 03/19/2015 07:35 AM, aditus said:
Uh-oh...Arron reminds me of er...me. lol The preparations for the date as well as his reaction to the mix-up. Temper, temper. haha. And insecurity. Great chapter, Gary.
Lol. Thank you, Adi. I wanted to portray that frantic 'what do I wear' panic and excitement of getting ready for a date. I have been in that state a few times...when insecurity rears it's ugly head, it's hard to stay on an even keel...this I know...I hope you continue to enjoy Chet's story after the pressure you put me under lol... cheers and thanks for the review...
  • Like 1
Link to comment

So frusfrati g tryi g to get this to post so just lost my review. Sorry.

 

gret story love the ele e ts of hilarity, confusion and eroticis.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/21/2015 05:03 PM, Jaro_423 said:
So frusfrati g tryi g to get this to post so just lost my review. Sorry.

 

gret story love the ele e ts of hilarity, confusion and eroticis.

Thanks again, Jaro. Don't be sorry... I got the gist of it...much appreciated... hope you continue to like it...Cheers
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I still think Jaro's review looks like that from drooling without proper cover for his device. :lol:

Anyway, my favorite sentence in this chapter was: Something in Arron went click too. I think the story clicked for your readers as well by this point. We want those two guys to connect and be right for each other - and never stand each other up.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 03/26/2015 04:09 AM, Timothy M. said:
I still think Jaro's review looks like that from drooling without proper cover for his device. :lol:

Anyway, my favorite sentence in this chapter was: Something in Arron went click too. I think the story clicked for your readers as well by this point. We want those two guys to connect and be right for each other - and never stand each other up.

LOL. Thanks for this review, Tim. I liked in this chapter how they ended up handling the angst of the misunderstanding. This is where we see their attempt to get beyond the baggage of the past. I'm glad that line 'clicked' with you...Chet took that leap and let what he was thinking out and I think it paved the way for them. Arron was able to follow that lead and open up too. It spoke to him on an emotional level... Cheers
  • Like 1
Link to comment

it was sweet seeing arron trying to dress up nice for their date. the mix-up at the date made me smile :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/04/2015 05:33 AM, Victor Gutte said:

it was sweet seeing arron trying to dress up nice for their date. the mix-up at the date made me smile :lol:

LOL... that's the way I am when I'm getting ready. The mix-up showed us Arron's insecurity... and his relief that Chet wasn't a jerk. Thanks for another great review, my young friend. you're good at this...cheers...Gary

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Gary,
I fully understand Arron's nervousness and insecurity during his pre-date prep...it's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one that freaks out on every detail of my appearance and I'll admit to practicing many different scenarios of the date and "running lines" in what I think (hope) might happen. I would say that Arron just needs to calm down and enjoy this date,,, but I don't think he can (I never could..lol)
Lots of promise here, very enjoyable to read.............:)Mike

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..