Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stepping Out in Faith - Prologue. Prologue

The rustling leaves threw dancing shadows in the cool evening wind. A group of men in tight, revealing clothing walked past, laughing and groping at each other, and Andy followed them with his eyes until they turned the corner and disappeared.

Don’t stare, he told himself as he tried to meld back into the shadows. But it was hard not to stare when midriffs were showing and bulges were on display. Andy knew he shouldn’t be here, shouldn’t be in the middle of Hell’s Kitchen on a Friday night, indulging in his morbid curiosity.

And yet here he was, just as he was last week and the week before that. Each time, he told himself that enough was enough: his curiosity was sated and he should go back to his normal, safe life. But each visit had only served to fan the curiosity until he was seriously considering going into the gay bar across the street.

What was wrong with him? He chided himself. Except, Andy feared he knew the answer to that question all too well.

What was wrong was that feeling, that curiosity he didn’t understand, so deep-seated he could never shake it off. What was wrong was that fascination that drew his eyes to the men milling about the busy streets of New York—men who stood too close to each other, who touched each other in inappropriate ways, and whispered intimately into each other’s ears.

He couldn’t tear his eyes away from two men outside the bar with their lips locked in a passionate kiss and their limbs entwined. Andy wanted to know what that felt like: to have another hard body pressed up against his. The desire was so strong it shocked him out of his reverie.

He glanced around to see if other people noticed the direction of his lewd thoughts. He shouldn’t be here. He should be back at the apartment, on his knees, deep in prayer. He should be asking for forgiveness and cleansing and praying for strength to stay on the narrow path that leads to life.

He turned to walk away.

It wasn’t until he was clear across the street and handing his ID to the bouncer that he realized he walked in the wrong direction.

Copyright © 2017 Hudson Bartholomew; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

8 hours ago, Puppilull said:

An intriguing start. So much suppressed emotion and longing. I'll tag along... :) 

 

Glad to have you along! Hope you enjoy the ride :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Geemeedee said:

I read this on the other site and loved it! Hudson, did you make lots of changes? 

 

I'd say yes, there are quite a few changes. Some additional scenes in the middle and a new ending (still happy though!).

  • Like 4
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Geemeedee said:

I read this on the other site and loved it! Hudson, did you make lots of changes? 

I am looking forward to your changes to this story. I also loved the original. Religion has had a huge impact on my life so I can certainly identify with a person who struggles to reconcile God and same sex attraction.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Petey said:

I am looking forward to your changes to this story. I also loved the original. Religion has had a huge impact on my life so I can certainly identify with a person who struggles to reconcile God and same sex attraction.

 

I'm glad you're coming along for the ride a second time! Hopefully you'll enjoy this version, too!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Hudson Bartholomew said:

 

I'd say yes, there are quite a few changes. Some additional scenes in the middle and a new ending (still happy though!).

 

*claps with glee*

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Hudson! I love your new story!! :)

 

I still have a few chapters left on your first story. I've been putting off finishing it because it's one of my favorites on here, and I don't want to see it end.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Lux Apollo said:

Really looking forward to your take on this journey.

 

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. It's a bit of a roller coaster, in my opinion :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Lisa said:

Hudson! I love your new story!! :)

 

I still have a few chapters left on your first story. I've been putting off finishing it because it's one of my favorites on here, and I don't want to see it end.

 

Wow, that's some self-control you have!! I always binge read straight to the end of stories :) I hope you'll like this one just as much!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, sweetlion86 said:

Cool start, looking forward to follow Andy on this path of discovery.

 

(you might notice that this is one of the new parts... ;) )

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm looking forward to reading this. It is going to be a tough ride. Reconciling ordained ministry and gay feelings/attractions is a very difficult road. It can be done, but .... it's tough.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..