Jump to content
    J92
  • Author
  • 672 Words
  • 676 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
contains bullying and abusive behaviour

On the Strawberry Moon - 3. Chapter 3

It smelt good in here. Kalum smelt good.

He had put on the new aftershave on that Robert given him. Jasper had grudgingly used it too.

They had to smell the same of course.

Robert offered it to the twins during break the day before.

‘If that’s not a hint that you guys stink, I don’t know what is’ Tom raised a sharp eyebrow. Everyone laughed, and Kalum laughed too, catching the shiny glint in Robert’s eyes.
The aftershave smelt sweet and masculine. It felt good to have on. Kalum continued to stare in the bedroom mirror as he brushed his hair.

Jasper and Kalum were the only twins at the children’s care home so they got their own private bedroom. Lucky them, they didn’t have to share with the others older kids.

Suddenly, Kalum felt sharp yank of the back of his hair. Jasper was behind him, pulling hard at his hair.

Kalum winced and his hand holding the brush just froze up.

‘Stop talking to that fag,’ Jasper hissed, gripping him harder.

Kalum just winced.

***

It was science class.
Kalum strolled over to his usual seat next to his brother but Mr. Arsenal stopped him.

‘We’re going to switch it up,’ he declared, nodding over Kalum’s head. ‘I’m sick of all the talking in this class. So! Lisa, you’re going to sit with Debbie, yes now, move. Tom, you’re sitting with Hannah, Ron and Joe you’re sitting together. Jasper, you’re sitting with James.’

‘But, sir,’ protested Jasper.

Mr Arsenal ignored him, ‘Robert you’re sitting with Kalum.’

Kalum so badly wanted to look over to Robert and smile back at him, super happy with this arrangement.

But instead, he gave a sympathetic nod to his brother. Jasper was visibly frustrated but forced a short smile to James as he moved over to him.

Kalum placed his things down next to Robert.

‘Hi,’ Robert whispered.

Opening up his books, Kalum pretended not to hear. Kalum hated doing this.

Mr. Arsenal began the class and Robert would try to whisper and make Kalum laugh but Kalum’s face remained stoned cold and he didn’t respond.

‘Right, now, we will start out own experiments regarding Charle’s Law, so class get all your equipment ready please.’ Mr. Arsenal announced.

Kalum concentrated hard on setting up the bunsen burner and the tube of water, like a robot. He couldn’t dare look at Robert. He didn’t want to cry in front of class.

Don’t talk to him. That was a direct instruction. Kalum had to follow this order.

‘Now get your books ready to make notes on the temperature,’ Mr. Arsenal walked around the room as everyone finished up setting their experiments.

Kalum knew Robert was going to hate him now, and he understood and absolutely got that.
Kalum would hate someone like himself too.

‘Hey,’ Robert nudged him. Kalum looked over and Robert pointed towards a scrap piece of paper ripped from his notepad.

With a pencil Robert had scribbled, ‘Are you ignoring me because of your brother?’

Kalum stared hard at it. Instead of panicking of why Robert came to that conclusion, he reaching for the eraser, taking it off Robert's words off the page.

He knew he wasn’t allowed to speak with him. But he could give one word reply?

With his own pencil, Kalum simply wrote ‘Sorry’.

Kalum only let him read it for ten seconds before he erased ‘Sorry’ as hard as he could off the page. Robert already saw the burns on his arm and never pushed Kalum further on it. Now he might.

But Robert just nodded and they continued on their own experiments next to each other quietly. Kalum noticed Robert stood a little closer to him though. He hoped Robert would notice that he was still wearing the aftershave he gave him.

J92
  • Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Sad 8
  • Angry 1
Thank you for reading.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Writer's Circle

    A forum for writer's to discuss the writing craft

    12.2k
    posts
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm fascinated by this,   but the small chapters feel  like the right dose.  The tension and foreboding would be too much for me in a  bigger chunk. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Third Chapter Already ! I Hate Jasper’s Punk Ass attitude toward his Twin Kalum . Jasper probably caused the accident that made them residents of The foster care system too . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..