Jump to content

A Russian Summer

   (1 review)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: Historical Romance

One summer well before the Bolshevik revolution, when Russia was a noble country, young Alexei, as was the custom of the time, left the city with his family, for the countryside.

It was a time of discovery, excitement, longing, and also sadness. A time in which he made new acquaintances and fought battles with himself, as the child he still was struggled free from many constraints into a world of dangerous possibilities.

Introduction
This is the first book by James Keogh, his first essay into the world of published stories. It is a modest tale of life in another century, in another country, and as such is set in a world probably unfamiliar to the reader.
The style and language used are such as to reflect this different world. At the same time the theme the story evokes is one which is common throughout history. So whilst being a historical romance, it embarks on that familiar voyage of self-discovery, questioning, and struggle. A battle the protagonist engages in, both with his family, society, new found friends and acquaintances, and most importantly himself.
 
Copyright © 2021 James K; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

chris191070

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

If you fancy something different then you're in the right place as this is a Historical Romance.

It is a modest tale about life in Russia, well before the Bolshevik Revolution.

We follow  Alexi, a young man as he and his family leave the City and move to the countryside.

What follows are great adventures as Alexi, a young child comes of age.

This story despite being Historical in nature is a time of discovery, longing, excitement and sadness.

A fantastic first story from @James K, I look forward to more fantastic writing from this author.

Response from the author:

Thank you for taking the time to review the story. I welcome all reviews with both good and even less good opinions, but this review was particularly good and I am so pleased you liked the story enough to recommend it in the review.

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..