Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,623 Words
  • 1,393 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Star, The Demon, and The God - 21. To Celebrate or not to Celebrate?

Tobias

It has been two days after the great war with Raiyo. Apparently we are supposed to celebrate now. I suppose we should.

As soon as Luno put Raiyo to sleep, all the black dots on the map had disappeared. When the Bancrofts had sent out a few scouts to different locations, they confirmed that all the humans were back.

Most are confused after being brought back from the dead, which is understandable. I mean, if they weren’t, I would find them insane.

Even the ones who weren’t dead are confused.

By now everyone knows that Raiyo was behind it all. He killed so many people and held onto their souls. The main question that we all have is why. Why did he do this? What was the point? Who or what pushed him to do such a thing?

We can only guess and speculate his motives since he is to permanently be detained in Hazano, the realm of Angels.

Raiyo’s body will be up in the heavens. They locked him in a room full of light. No shadows are able to exist in there. Nothing for him to draw power from and no ways of slipping out past the door.

The Gods took it an extra step further however.

Not only is he trapped in a room like that, but he is submerged in a pool of enchanted water that should keep him deep asleep. Nothing should be able to wake him.

Unless someone were to pull him out of course.

If someone tried to do that, they would have to go through an entire realm full of Angels plus the Gods who are their masters.

So I would consider it impossible for that to ever happen.

With Raiyo’s capture, the Gods all chose to gift the humans with a special city. It is one of the largest ever created. The Gods had sculpted it out of a tall mountain near the plains where the war took place.

The mountain has been shaped into a cylinder. Near the bottom, it spreads out into a large area below, creating a nice area of homes for families.

The buildings throughout the tall parts of the mountain would be considered a fort. It is filled with different kinds of weapons. The main one however, would be the tons of ballistas dotted around. There are so many, it even leaves me a bit intimidated.

Apparently this was what the Bancrofts had bargained their army for.

Not only is it to defend themselves, the Gods have also given the task to keep an eye on the skies.

Hundreds of feet from the tip of the mountain, in another realm, that would be Havano. The place holding Raiyo.

Not only were they given this city, the humans were also tasked with always being ready incase Raiyo somehow managed to escape from the Angel realm.

The way they are hoping to stop him is mainly with the ballistas.

Next to each one is a giant bowl full of a shimmering substance. That would contain the waters used to keep Raiyo asleep.

Something tells me they will never be used however. The Gods have already taken great measures to keep him incarcerated. We should be fine.

Over the last two days, a lot of humans have been moving into the city. Halehigh is no longer the castle that holds the Bancrofts. Instead it has become a place for their people to share.

Most wish to live here however.

The Bancrofts decided to name the city after Vlad. I personally find it stupid to name a city that but I guess more power to them.

It is strange seeing how fast everyone is moving on. So many of their people died only two days ago and they are already happy and celebrating. Surely I cannot be the only one who finds that wrong. Luno could not even bring back the ones who were lost to the war!

Apparently when Raiyo kills someone, he ends up absorbing their soul at the same time. It was quite the tearjerker for the first day. But no, nobody cares I guess.

No of course I am not the only one who thought the humans moving on too fast was wrong. I know Luno would feel the same.

Speaking of Luno, he is a lot quieter again. Ever since he placed the spell on Raiyo, he has not spoken much.

During the day, he will only tell me that he is hungry. At night, he will ask me to sleep in bed with him. Obviously only to hold him.
I oblige simply because I am a bit worried for him.

Luno is always seen staring off at nothing. I handed him a book in hopes to distract him, but when I came back with food, I saw that he was still staring at the title page.

To say I am worried is an understatement.

I constantly ask him questions on what is wrong, he only gives small replies, mostly saying that it is nothing and that he is alright.

Pretty sure even Enfi can tell that something is wrong with him. She has not flown in quite some time. She only looks up at her friend with sad eyes. Sometimes she will bring some strawberries as a gift.

Those go untouched.

Honestly I think that if we both went back to the Sanctuary, he would feel a lot better. Surely seeing his old friends would bring his beaming self back.

It will help with my guilt.

I feel like it is my fault that he is like this. I never should have brought him into that stupid war. I should have pushed him to go to the Sanctuary. I maybe even could have lied and said that I need to see my uncle.

If he would believe me, I do not know. He is rather gullible, so I think he would have.

While I wish these things, I also know that without him, we would have lost. I most likely would be dead along with everyone else.

Luno is the only reason we are all still alive. Yet here he is, not at all celebrating like everyone else. Not dancing through the streets. Not even drinking.

He has become some kind of sad body in a chair.

He hasn’t even healed the cuts or bruises around his neck yet and it's been days!

I can thank Kulu from keeping the ugly marks from being seen.

Maybe mentioning my plan will help bring some life back. Literal life that is. The flowers in his hair are wilting again. I would try kissing him again since that seemed to do the trick last time, but I feel like I might just be pushing my luck.

Kneeling down next to the chair, I take one of Luno’s hands in mine.

“Luno?” I call softly, not wanting to startle him.

He blinks and turns his head to look at me. “Dinnertime?”

I shake my head. “No Luno. Not yet.”

He gives a small nod and turns away to stare off again.

This feels even worse than before. What is going on? This is not like him at all. Did Raiyo somehow do something before he was put to sleep? Surely something like that must have happened.

Reaching out, I gently pull his cheek to face me.

“Luno,” I say. “How about we go back to Sanctuary. We can find Avric! Remember him? The giant yeti?”

His brow furrows at my words. He genuinely looks confused and it leaves me worried.

“Do you remember the Sanctuary, Luno?” I frown. “It is your home. You grew up there right?”

He opens his mouth, as if he is about to speak. It opens and closes, each time becoming more hesitant.

After a few tries, he stops and just stares at me.

With a sigh, I lean up and kiss his forehead.

I should go get him and the creatures some food. Thank the Gods he at least remembers how to do that.

Making sure that he will be safe, I get up and leave the room.

It is very worrying seeing that just now. I swear he was better this morning! He at least looked more alert. Now he is just so...gone.

Perhaps I should look into the help of the Bancrofts. They have been through more wars than me, surely they may understand this better.

Oh gods but the guilt...did I ruin him by bringing him there?

Choosing to look for them, I make my way through the long ass hallways of this damn mountain.

There are special elevator shafts to travel up and down faster, but those are always busy and crowded. I would rather suffer on my feet than go through that.

To my surprise, Enfi decides to follow me.

You would think that she would stay to defend Luno and Kulu, but I guess she thinks they will be fine? That honestly set my mind at ease a little bit.

Still, the circumstances are not exactly great.

Since it is about two hours till sundown, I decide to go and find one of the Bancrofts first. Dinner this early isn’t needed.

~~~
~~~

Luno

“Analia please!” A man's voice calls outside. “Come back here.”

“No!” A young woman shouts back.

Blinking, I push myself to move my legs. Even that action feels worthless. What is the point? Moving now? Why bother with that when it will have no value later on?

Mentally frowning to myself, I try and shrug off these thoughts. They are not me. I would never want to think like that. Yet...I did?

Groaning at the ache in my knees, I grab onto the bench by the window to help me move.

I end up falling on top of it.

At least now I can look out the window. A better view I suppose.

A man is yelling after a woman further down the road. She is close to the gates that lead to the Bancrofts.

“Analia get back here please,” The man says, his finger pointing to the ground in front of him. “I will not ask you again.”

“I don’t care!” The lady says, her voice sounding like it is about to cry.

The man sighs. “I get that you are angry, but you wish to see me off without saying goodbye?”

There is a short silence before the lady sighs and marches her way back to him.

Just as she gets close, the man lets out a worn out smile on his face.

“Analia,” He puts on a brighter grin, “I am off to go back to the homeland! You know I could not leave without saying goodbye to my sweetest girl!”

The lady frowns and stares down at the ground.

The man grabs her hands and kisses them. He starts whispering and now I can’t hear this dramatic mess outside my window.

Sighing I turn to go back to my chair.

Something stops me however.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” Analia says with a coy smile.

The man was about to leave. He turns back to her and smiles before walking up and kissing her full on the lips.

I tilt my head in confusion at that.

What a strange custom that is. You do not even ask for a kiss, he just assumed that was what she meant. Do they do that often? Do all humans do that? Should I be doing that? Is there even a point of trying to do that?

I sigh and move back to my chair, annoyed that I bothered looking out the window at something so stupid.

Again, thoughts that don’t feel like mine. What is this?

Everytime I think I am thinking too negatively, I stop caring right after. Why? This is not at all how I think to myself. What is this from?

Not only is it affecting me mentally, but physically, it makes me feel more sore and tired. I don’t want to move at all. I don’t want to talk. I don’t want to do anything. I just want to sit here and...yeah just sit here.

I don’t want to think. Moving around and seeing everything around me brings in new thoughts that are not necessary...but why?

Sighing, I hug myself and pull my legs up to rest my forehead against my knees.

This place, so much is going on. I just want peace and quiet. Nothing to distract me from...from something. Anything.

Should I not be happy? Shouldn’t I be out eating and playing games like everyone else? Surely I that would be normal. I should not be skulking about in this room. I stopped Raiyo after all. I should be celebrating the most.

Biting my lip, I close my eyes, but then I just see Raiyo’s green eyes.

They were only there for about three seconds, but I know they were there. I could not possibly be imagining that.

Something felt wrong about that, as if I was stopping someone else. Not Raiyo, but some other poor, innocent soul that was trapped.

Whatever it was, everytime I blink, a flash of those green eyes stick to the backs of my eyelids.

I want to question it more but then I find myself wondering why I should even bother.

Raiyo is trapped in Havano. He is to stay there for eternity. What would be the point of questioning who or what he truly is when all is said and done with him?

Besides, by the time something is learned about him, I may be dead and gone.

If anyone is going to outlive everyone, it will be him.

Wow. I just realized he could be the last thing living in Thymestrys. If everyone were to die, he would be all alone without even realizing it because he is trapped in that pool forever.

Imagine living a life like that. If I knew that I would not be able to die, I wouldn’t care about anything that happens to me. Maybe I would finish the deeds that most grabs my attention, but then I would just...sit here like now.

I wouldn’t even want to do anything. Why bother?
Poor Raiyo. I would hate to be him. It is good I am not cursed like him.

...dang it! Not even that can make me feel better about my myself.

I feel so negative and I don’t know why! This is not like me at all. I feel so empty and hopeless, but over what? What could I possibly be like this for? It is leaving me feeling so weak and sad. I don’t even know what to do!
Kulu wraps himself around my leg, his head resting on top of my other knee. His tongue hangs out and I swear he is smiling up at me.

I only glance at him for a moment before turning back to my knee and closing my eyes.

~~~
~~~

Tobias

“The fuck do you mean you’re out of potato soup?” I yell at the kitchen staff. “What is so hard about finding one damn potato?”

The cooks all scramble around looking for potatoes. What could possibly be so hard about that?

Sure, everyone is moving supplies into this stupid place, but I just need one damn meal without any meat in it. Why is that so rare in this place?

Groaning at their failure, I end up walking to a stash full of different fruits and vegetables.

I grab apples, oranges, carrots, peaches, even a pumpkin. I don’t know what I'd do with it, but I’ll take it.

I throw it into a basket and stomp out of the kitchens.

Enfi squawks at them on my shoulder, no doubt trying to copy my attitude or something.

When I see a vase full of sunflowers, I snatch them and place them on the basket as well. Surely Luno would like seeing those. That seems like something that would bring his mood up.

Right now however, I am pissed.

Apparently the Bancrofts are so high and mighty that they don’t even feel the need to have a demon in their presence anymore because Luno and I are useless!

Fucking bitches.

I probably look rather ridiculous right now. I am just walking through the halls with a pissed off face and a basket full of fruits and vegetables in my hands.

Some people give me strange looks.

Most of the men either look scared or annoyed as I run past them. The women however, they look at me as if I am the cutest thing ever.

It makes me incredibly uncomfortable.

I blame the flowers. Luno better appreciate this shit I’m doing for him.

Okay that isn’t entirely what he should do. I think this might work however. Sure, it is just for dinner, but maybe he will like the flowers with it. I think…

I freeze when I look into a hallway.

It is incredibly silent and empty. Something doesn’t feel right. Not normal at all.

Frowning, I place the basket of goods on the ground and pull out my weapons.

Enfi guards them as if they were Luno.

Walking slowly through the hallway, I peek into the random open doors. I only find empty rooms. None have been filled with any supplies or anything, just clean empty rooms. It is quite creepy that there isn’t even any dust settled anywhere.

“Tobias,” A voice says behind me.

Twisting around and aiming my gun, I find myself face to face with a new Goddess.

Of course I am...because why not?

“Who are you,” I glare, ready to pull the trigger.

She smiles, “Consider me your mother.”

Narrowing my eyes, I lower my gun.

“Drulai?” I ask. She nods. “Why are you here? Raiyo is gone now and your necklace worked. What more could you want?”

She steps into the room and closes the door behind her.

“You were right about one of those things,” She says. “The necklace did not work.”

I shake my head. “I’m going to have to stop you right there. Luno put the necklace on Raiyo and after awhile he went to sleep. Sorry Mother Goddess, but your bullshit is nonsense.”

She chuckles and claps her hands. “My, aren’t you a character! Also unfortunately, you are wrong.”

Raising an eyebrow, I let her speak.

“I have been watching over Taisla like I do for all my children. Because of that, I ended up learning about Luno. I didn’t care for him at first, but when I saw my daughter caring for someone other than herself, that brought my attention.”

She summons two chairs for us to sit down.

“Your friend is powerful,” She says. “I don’t even think he realizes it!”

I groan and slouch in my chair. “I know.”

She smiles. “Well, as you already know, Luno discovered that he can make people do as he wishes. The way he does that is by touching them and going through their emotions. He picks one that is the strongest and dampens it. It then makes even the strongest minds bend to his will.”

I shrug. “Is there a reason you are telling me this? Unless you can help me make him happy again, I am needed elsewhere.”

Her smile disappears and she sighs.

“Well, while the other person is sleeping, he takes away said emotion and keeps it in his body. It will stay there until the other wakes up.”

I sit up when I realize what she is insinuating.

“Because Raiyo is to forever stay in the enchanted waters in Havano, I’m afraid Luno might never be the same again.”

I blink at her words.

“How the hell do I fix that?” I yell. “He can’t stay like that!”

She frowns. “I’m afraid there is nothing we can do. The only way to fix it is for us to wake Raiyo. That is the last thing we need. Can you even imagine the rage we might unleash if he were to be freed? You and I both know he half-assed that war.”

My eyes widen at her last sentence. Never imagined a Goddess saying that, but even then, this can’t be right!

“I know,” I say. “I could tell as well, but what about Luno? He can’t forever hold...whatever emotion he sapped away from Raiyo. It isn’t fair!”

She doesn’t say anything, only moving her hand, possibly to squeeze my shoulder or some shit.

I smack it away then stand to leave.

Grabbing the basket full of stuff, I hurry back to the room, Enfi back on my shoulder. Right now I really don’t want to think about how screwed Luno actually is.

Opening the door, I see Luno has moved to the bed.

Frowning, I bring the basket and flowers, moving to sit next to his sleeping form.

It is when I am next to him that I realize his eyes are open. He is just laying there with Kulu wrapped around his wrist.

I brush away the hair on his face and stare down at this sad, little Star.

Figures things couldn’t be easy, but this beyond unfair. Why does everything have to be so complicated?

Luno does not deserve to be stuck like this. What should I do? I can’t think of anything? Drulai didn’t say anything but surely there must be something else!

If I can’t wake Raiyo, Luno would be stuck like this until he dies!

Laying down, I wrap my arms around him and pull him close. The last thing I want is for him to feel alone.

Why do I feel like I ruined his life?

This was technically supposed to be the ending. I had thought that I'd end it here and name it Part One, but I figured it would be more fitting for it all to be together. Hope you have enjoyed it so far!
Copyright © 2019 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I hope luno stays like that forever. He's stupid. Poor Raiyo. If the story #nastyswearword end this way I'll hate everyone in this story forever even if the next book is different. I will not forgive. 

  • Wow 1
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Betta said:

I hope luno stays like that forever. He's stupid. Poor Raiyo. If the story #nastyswearword end this way I'll hate everyone in this story forever even if the next book is different. I will not forgive. 

Omg xD it won't be ending right here! I promise! Next chapter will be coming soon! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, JujuTheDruid said:

Omg xD it won't be ending right here! I promise! Next chapter will be coming soon! 

I love this series so much. I'm just waiting for something good to happen to Yinx. He never get the chance to be happy and my heart breaks for him. I hate the gods so much. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Betta said:

I love this series so much. I'm just waiting for something good to happen to Yinx. He never get the chance to be happy and my heart breaks for him. I hate the gods so much. 

Ugh my heart! I'm glad you're loving it and I so badly want to spoil but I will not!

Though I will say, Luno will hopefully get on your goodside soon enough!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..