Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 4,732 Words
  • 732 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Star, The Demon, and The God - 33. Hatred of Royalty

Tobias

“So I am guessing the Spirit Sailor would bring us...here since it is closer to your forest.”

I point to a small lake that is a few miles away from a dark cloud on a map.

Drulai nods at my words.

“Do you know where exactly the special pond is,” I ask.

She leans over the table, staring at the dark cloud and running her fingers along it.

“It should be near the center,” She says. “Though, you do not really need to know any of this information. I will be giving it all to the Spirit Sailor.”

I raise an eyebrow at her words and glance at Luno.

He looks up at me as well.

Yeah he does not entirely believe the Spirit Sailor will be much help either.

The Spirit clearly does not care if the world is about to end. He wants to be lazy and move people around for some fucking reason.

I get it! Everyone sucks in this world so what is the point of trying to save them? I at least know that I am not the only one living here; that there are plenty of good people like Luno. Or even good creatures like the ones in his Sanctuary.

Why let those people suffer over something as small as our own anger?

It is small by the way. Both the Sailor and I are only two people in a big world.

What makes us think that our anger is more important than the combined force of everyone else’s need to survive?

He is being selfish.

Perhaps if I haven’t met the Star, I would be too.

Clearing my throat, I say, “I think we can read a map just fine. Our guide might not always be there if something were to happen.”

She gives a slight smile. “Oh he will be there. You can count on that.”

Well that sounded rather odd and slightly threatening.

Does she plan on using her Sailor against us?

There is only one of him and two of us. I am sure we could easily bring him down.

Luno asks a question to move onto something else.

“What happened to your forest,” He asks. “What corrupted it?”

Drulai shrugs. “I have a vague idea, though I will not tell you, simply because I feel it will make you think twice about going.”

My mind automatically thinks of Raiyo.

Who else could it be? His name constantly comes up no matter where I go. I swear that even in times where he isn’t mentioned, he is still some unseen force in my life that is constantly there.

I remembered something on the day of the great battle.

I remembered seeing Raiyo’s face. The vision I saw was the moon behind him and his glowing orange eyes shining on his face.

This had to be during the memory that constantly plays in my mind when I sleep. Why else would it come up in my mind?

Does Drulai think that because Raiyo may have done something there, I will all of a sudden change sides?

She is a fool to think so.

Wait...no that can’t be it!

This is all supposed to bring Raiyo to our side! To make him an ally!

What could be so wrong about the forest then?

I blink from my thoughts when I feel a hand squeeze mine under the table.

Looking down at Luno, he listens to whatever words Drulai is saying but he has a small smile on his lips.

He knows I am watching him.

The little shit.

Biting my lips to hide my smile, I turn to Drulai to actually pay attention.

“Obviously we do not want you to get spotted during your travels,” She says. “That is another reason we do not want to use the oceans. Plus it is also why you will be staying here till night passes over.”

I supposed I should have seen that coming.

“You will leave when the sun rises,” She smiles and stands. “My husband will be sure to try and make his days last a little longer for you to journey further.”

She gestures her hand towards the harpy who has been quiet this whole time. She hasn’t even touched her food.

“Grita shall lead you to your rooms,” Drulai says. “I shall see you in the morning.”

Oh. This is her way of kicking us out of her room.

We all quickly stand and make our way out to the hallway.

I grab Luno and move him behind me when a few spirits drift past us. They giggle to themselves after glancing at us.

I glare at them, but a sigh from Grita the Harpy grabs my attention.

“Follow me,” She says without any emotion.

Strange.

The chicken wouldn’t shut up when she was sent to kidnap me.

Narrowing my eyes, I say, “Why are you so quiet all of a sudden? You didn’t speak once throughout that whole thing. Drulai didn’t mention you joining us either.”

She turns her head to roll her eyes at me.

“Thank you for rubbing it in my face some more,” She grumbles.

Luno tilts his head up at me in question.

“Drulai has favorites,” She says. “You can guess who the all time favorite is when she is so dead set on sending them with you even though he clearly doesn’t want to be bothered.”

The Spirit Sailor is the favorite?

Based on the looks he kept giving Drulai, I would have thought the opposite.

“He is her champion,” The harpy says before adding a stubborn ‘sadly’ under her breath.

I can’t help but have a double take at that.

“Champion?” I almost shout in disbelief. “You’re fucking with me right?”

The harpy only stays silent as she flutters her way through the hallway, leading us to who knows where in this place.

Drulai has a champion? The Drulai? No way that’s true! She was so against the idea since the first champion was chosen!

Why is the Spirit Sailor her champion?

“Here we are,” The harpy sighs, turning to face us. “I’ll leave you both to decide who gets which.”

She flies back the way we came.

Now it is only Luno and I.

We stand between the two rooms, awkwardly staring at the doors.

I am not sure what to say honestly. We are finally alone together since the...stuff...and now I don’t know what to say!

Luno looks just as confused and nervous as well!

“So..,” He says slowly. “Are we actually going to stay in different rooms?”

That for some reason pulls an invisible weight off my shoulders and makes me laugh before grabbing his hand and pulling him into the room on my left.

He giggles as we rush into one room.

I hurry and close the door, happy to finally get some real privacy with the sweet Star.

When I turn back to him, we are so close together, it all of a sudden feels incredibly hot in here.

“I missed you,” Luno whispers with a shy smile.

At that moment, I would have teased him because we were only separated for a few hours, but when I see his flowers turn pink, that makes my hand reach up to gently brush my fingers against them.

They are incredibly soft petals. Nice and velvety.

He shivers and closes his eyes, a blissful smile on his lips.

I take that as my moment to finally lean down and kiss him once again.

Inwardly I laugh when he stands on the tips of toes to try and reach me better.

To help him some, I pick him up by the backs of his thighs and press him up against the door.

Luno squeaks in alarm, his eyes widening in surprise.

I don’t give him much time to figure stuff out before I press my mouth against his neck, leaving wet kisses and nibbling along his jaw.

This brings out a whole bunch of cute noises from the Star. He trembles against me and his hands can never grip onto different parts of my armor for too long. He constantly fidgets around unsure on what to do.

I grind up against him, rolling my hips against his.

Now his little moans are getting a bit too loud.

I calm down and chuckle against his neck. “You’re getting a little too loud, little Star. Any louder and you’ll end up having someone checking up on you.”

A shaky hand quickly goes over his mouth, the little Star desperate to keep quiet.

While I could definitely keep going, the last thing I want is to do this in the Mother Goddess’ palace.

Looks like it will be a blue balls kind of night I guess.

I carry Luno over to the bed and toss him onto it before stripping my chest armor off.

Every time I look up at the Star, I find him staring at me with a flushed face and his legs crossed to try and hide his bulge.

I must say...it feels pretty weird to want to fuck a Star.

Wait a minute...does he even know what sex is? Does he even realize why his dick is all hard right now?

Okay! Now I feel weirder.

Well that's definitely a mood killer.

Oh gods!

Am I going to have to give him The Talk?

“What?” Luno says, looking at me with worry.

Perhaps I cringed a little too hard at that thought.

I shake my head and smile. “Nothing. Something to talk about at a later date.”

He gives me a look that says I am acting weird and he does not quite like it.

I lean down and kiss his head before sliding next to him.

“You’re very affectionate now,” Luno hums to himself with a grin. “I like it.”

Now that I think about it, I suppose I am being a bit more touchy-feely; if that should be considered normal. I mean...I did tend to keep close to him before.

We shared beds plenty of times but there weren’t any kisses or more. There weren’t any long sessions of holding each other either. It was done in a platonic way.

Surely that exists?

If someone were to ask if I was some pansy who would love to smother the Star in kisses, I would say that they are talking to the wrong person.

Sure, I may actually want and will do that, but that doesn’t mean others should know about it.

Pulling the Star close to me, I kiss his temple and run my hand along his arm; enjoying the tan, smooth skin.

“Well I like you,” I say matter of factly. “Is it so wrong to act on it?”

He beams up at me before reaching up to kiss me gently on the lips.

He is very gentle...and small.

It is taking a bit of self control to keep myself from making out with him to the point that his mouth would end up sloppy and bruised, but I suppose I have plenty of time before I can enjoy myself with those little endeavors.

I don’t want to scare him, so it would be best to go slow for now.

Of course...there is still that one problem.

Early tonight, I was going to leave him for who knows how long.

Now I am back in his presence and I am already breaking the small vow I made to myself.

I was suppose to stay away for his safety, not forget about every living soul and thing as soon as I laid eyes on him once again.

When morning comes, I need to tell Drulai about my fears. She might say that it would be best for Luno to go alone after all! That it would be best to be as far away from him as possible.

“Do you feel weird too?” Luno asks quietly. “Like everything feels...tight?”

My body shakes from trying to keep my laughter from coming out.

Oh gods he really knows nothing!

I run my hand in circles on his back, a bit annoyed that he is wearing his sweater right now.

Looks like I need to get him a new jacket. The last one was ripped to pieces when the human doctors checked him over in Avelin.

I suppose if we are headed to the desert, a jacket won’t be entirely necessary.

“You still haven’t answered,” He says.

Smirking, I squeeze him into a him and tangle our legs together.

“I’m tired,” I simply say, playing it off. “I want to sleep until morning.”

He scoffs. “You already slept at the Sanctuary! How are you so sleepy already?”

I shrug. “I’m still used to the real time cycles.”

Luno rubs his head against my chest then reaches for my hand, entwining our fingers together.

This is pretty dangerous honestly.

For all I know, Raiyo could take control of me at any second. Even with that threat looming in the back of my mind, I can’t help but enjoy this.

Is that so wrong of me?

“We should get under the covers,” I say, my eyes feeling heavy with the want to sleep. “It’ll be more comfortable there.”

He only pulls himself closer to me.

“But you’re like a giant human oven,” He laughs. “Why would I need blankets when I have you?”

I pull on his sweater slightly.

“Because heavy clothes don’t make this comfortable,” I say.

He narrows his eyes up at me.

“Is this you trying to get me out of my clothes?”

Well! I did not expect that question to ever come out his mouth.

It still weirds me out that he actually said something like that.

Not going to lie, it made me think of Raiyo for a moment.

“Possibly,” I say slowly. “Is that a bad thing?”

The only answer I get is Luno peeling off of me and then lifting layer after layer of clothing over his head until he is in nothing but a shirt and underpants.

The Star has some awfully nice legs on him.

Now I toss my clothes off.

Getting the straps off the rest of my armor takes a bit of time, but then I am left in some pants in bed.

The thought of going naked crossed my mind but I feel like we are not quite at that stage yet.

“Can I see you again?” Luno asks in such a sweet voice, I almost reach up to get rid of the glamour immediately.

I hesitate of course.

I trust him, I really do, but I am still scared! Why would he want to sleep with something like that?

He must see or sense my feelings on the matter because he leans up and kisses me.

“It will be okay,” He whispers. “It will only be you and me tonight. We can lock the door!”

Well he’s not wrong…

Maybe...maybe I can do this...just to test the waters.

I get out of bed to lock the door and blow some candles out along my way.

It just occurred to me that I never got a good look at the room. I was too busy enjoying my company.

The room is a bit small. There is a giant fireplace, a couch in front of it, a curtain that most likely leads to a patio, and of course the bed with a certain Luno laying on top of it looking adorable as ever.

Rolling my shoulders as if I am preparing for a fight, I reach up and pull the glamour off like a zipper.

For once I didn’t take it off with my armor on so I don’t struggle with breaking anything as my body gets bigger.

When I look at Luno, I expect maybe a small hint of disdain for even thinking about having a beast in his bed, but of course he does no such thing.

He extends his hand to me and I take it, sliding under the covers and laying down about a foot away from him.

Of course he scoots closer to me.

Of course he ignores my weird furry body and rests his head on my chest.

Of course he doesn’t care about that.

I guess that is wrong. He does care. He cares in a way that I feel is impossible.

Smiling down at him, I squeeze him gently before leaning my head back on my pillow.

This isn’t so bad after all!

~~~
~~~

The Ancient Ones

We are pretty late in our return to Enfierna.

Hours have passed since we last spoke with Drulai but there was something important we had to double check to make sure it was still there.

If Drulai knows what she is doing, hopefully things will run smoothly.

We materialize at the front door of the dark castle, readying ourselves for if we are to be questioned by Raiyo.

To our surprise, nobody opens the door. We are only met with the sound of music.

What is happening?

Thankfully we are strong enough to push the doors open ourselves.

When we open the doors, we are shocked to find the entrance has been completely redone into a different looking room.

A great ballroom has replaced what was once the stairway into the castle.

Gleaming chandeliers light up the room. Tables are covered in white sheets along the walls. Food and drink of all kinds decorate the tables.

Demons are dressed up in gowns and suits of multiple colors.

A circle of demons surround those who are dancing along to the music.

All wear beautiful masks covering the top halves of their faces.

At the very end of the room, far across from us, there is a set of stairs that lead up to a great throne that looks to be made of gold.

There is a lot of gold here.

The walls are painted gold, columns holding the ceiling up, the cups and plates. Lots of gold and jewels.

Most of the demons where colors like red, black, or orange.

Now to our master.

He sits on his throne watching his subjects who are celebrating his return no doubt. He idly twirling his fingers in the air, holding a skull afloat.

Who could that be?

Our Master is wearing a strange piece of clothing.

It still shows off his markings and it definitely reveals more than than the sash did.

He wears what looks to be underwear that has two pieces of dark silk that dangle from the sides of his hips.

They go so far as his ankles by the looks of it.

It reminds us of some kind of dancer’s outfit.

That will be all that he is wearing. No shoes. No jewelry. Obviously no shirt.

It is incredibly revealing but we suppose that is the point of it all.

Raiyo no longer bothers to hide his markings and we are not sure if that is a good thing or not. He took great lengths to hide them before, but after the gods threw a sash on him to reveal said markings, something tells us he is trying to own it now.

Raiyo stands from his throne, lifting his chin at his subjects below him.

The music goes silent and all eyes turn to their King.

“Thank you all for such a warm welcome,” Raiyo’s voice carries out enough for it to sound like he were speaking right next to us.

Cheers and clapping erupts from the demons, happy that Raiyo had won against his enemies.

“Our King!” A demoness shouts. “The gods had taken advantage of you! We must strike back!”

Others begin to voice their agreements, everyone wanting to start a true war against the gods.

Raiyo smirks down at his followers.

“You’re enthusiasm is to be admired,” He says, voices bouncing on the walls.

Everyone goes quiet, anticipating the word of their ruler.

“Those sniveling worms will get what’s coming for them soon enough.”

More demons voice their thoughts.

They all want to join him.

“Yes of course,” He grins. “Any are free to decline, but I would hope that all would join me in the extermination of the false gods!”

All the demons begin to cheer and shout that they will join him. Some even confess their love to him.

It is incredibly bizarre to see such a thing happen to someone we helped grow when they were just a mere child.

“What about the betrayer?” Someone shouts.

“Yes! General Anyaste’s nephew!” Shouts another.

More voice their anger towards the demon who has been traveling with the Star.

Raiyo only smiles throughout their protests.

“He was but one poor soul.” His voice starts picking up until it is shouting with authority. “Let him hide with his tail between his legs for in the coming days, we shall feast on the souls of the gods!”

“For now...dance! Celebrate! Feast until your stomachs are full and warm! Ready yourselves for the bloodshed that shall stain the heavens!”

Cheers and warcries erupt from the crowd, the bloodlust in all the demons awakened by their king’s words.

What has Raiyo got planned now? Is he really going to fight the gods? We are not sure if he can handle such a thing.

After Raiyo sits in his throne once again, the music picks up and everyone goes back to the festivities.

Most talk and murmur on the sides, no doubt thinking about what Raiyo could be planning next.

We move through the shadows until we are standing on Raiyo’s sides to guard him.

He does not even glance at one of us. He only watches on and plays with the skull once again.

Upon a closer inspection, we notice that we can see through him!

His body almost looks like a slight blur up close.

That isn’t right…

A demon in silver armor steps up to the throne. He bows down on one knee. His helmet is removed and we see sweat soaked hair on top of this man.

“Your Royal Highness,” They say.

“General Anyaste,” Raiyo purrs. “How lovely to see you this evening.”

Oh yes. This is Tobias’ uncle.

“Y-yes, my King,” He stammers. “I...I wish to apologize on behalf of my nephew. No doubt he is confused in these dark times.”

Raiyo chuckles. “Yes. Yes quite.”

“I wish…,” A pause from the general, “I wish to take on any punishments for the crimes he has committed. Lashings, banishment, even death. Just...please don’t kill my nephew! He does not deserve that!”

Raiyo leans back in his chair, crosses his legs, and bounces the one on top.

At first we are not sure what he could say.

A smile creeps onto his lips and he nods. “No punishments will be dealt to either of you, General. You both are good people. I understand we all develop different opinions on certain matters. His have clearly changed. You needn’t worry.”

This...is odd.

One look at the General and even we can tell that he is confused as well.

“Please,” Raiyo sits up, “Stay the night, enjoy some food and company. I am sure with your features, you can bring someone to bed tonight.”

He gives a nervous laugh before shaking his head. “I’m afraid me and my men should be headed back to our base.”

Raiyo shakes his head. “Nonsense. You will all be given rooms for the night. Please, I insist!”

The offer of a warm bed is too enticing for the General it seems.

“Very well,” He smiles. “Thank you, my King.”

Raiyo nods and turns to one of us.

“Escort General Anyaste to the room closest to my quarters. Those are bigger.”

We are a bit surprised that he is allowing one of us to split up now when we are only two left, but we must follow his orders no matter what.

“Master?” We say with caution.

He cuts us off with a harsh, “Now.”

Not wanting to anger him further, we split our link for the time being and allow one of us to escort the General.

Once they are gone, we...I reach out to touch him, but whispers slip into my mind.

“Come to the docks,” They say. “Meet me there right now.”

It is Raiyo’s voice so I do as he says immediately.

I knew there was something wrong.

Raiyo was blurry and strange. He must have been projecting himself!

Slipping into the shadows, I quickly drift through the ballroom and out the front door.

I go through the trees and turn onto the stony path that leads to the docks.

When I reach the docks, I am surprised to find Raiyo standing on an empty hill nearby. It allows him to look over his castle.

I can faintly hear the music even from here.

“Master?” I say hesitantly. “What are you doing here?”

Raiyo smiles at me as his eyes burn a bit brighter.

He holds up one hand, the markings around his four fingers are glowing especially bright right now.

“Call me selfish if you wish,” He brings his thumb and middle finger together, “but I never like to share my souls with the others.”

He snaps his fingers.

~~~

The demons dance and twirl around us, making it a bit difficult for us to transverse our way through the room.

The General and I will need to find the door on the side to make our way upstairs.

It is a great hassle with all these demons running into us.

If only the General could drift through the shadows like...me.

Splitting apart takes getting used to.

The music is produced by a lovely orchestra that creates a beautiful song that brings everyone’s emotions up.

Demons in Enfierna sure know how to plan a party.

When we reach the side door, I quickly lead the General up another flight of stairs and then turn left into the hallway that leads to Raiyo’s chambers.

I want to get this done quickly. I must return to my master.

Every now and then, I glance over my shoulder to make sure the General is still keeping up with me.

Being this large means longer strides between my footsteps. It makes it a bit of a challenge to keep up with me.

I stop moving when something feels off.

The General was walking so fast, he ends up bumping into me.

“What is it?” He asks.

Something...does not feel right...something feels off.

All of a sudden, the floor and walls begin to tremble. They shake harder and harder, knocking off different paintings and other things hanging on the walls.

“An earthquake?” The General shouts in question.

No. No such thing could be possible here.

A loud explosion goes off followed by hundreds of voices screaming from the ball room.

When I look behind us, I see a wall of fire and smoke crashing right for us.

My Master...no...my friend...Yinx has decided to kill me.

The General screams in terror but I stay silent, still in shock at my end.

~~~

The Last Ancient One

As soon as Raiyo snapped his fingers, the entire castle erupts into a gigantic explosion.

Screams can be heard for a moment, but they die out almost as soon as they are heard.

I look in horror when I try to connect with my other self.

All I get in answer is nothingness.

Slowly turning to face Raiyo, I see he is watching me.

“Don’t think I am not aware of your betrayal. Consider this the second strike. Do not make me find the third.”

I bow my head and stay silent, still in shock of realizing that I am alone now.

Raiyo chuckles to himself.

“I remembered something else. Something that made this so much easier.”

Not sure if I am supposed to say anything, I stay quiet.

“I always hated being royalty. What better way to get rid of the title than by destroying the very kingdom it ruled over?”

The Master and I look on at the destroyed remnants of the castle that has stood for who knows how long. Millions of years possibly.

Now all that is left is rubble and death.

It seems to follow Raiyo everywhere he goes.

Please save us Drulai.

Copyright © 2019 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

He just Thanos-ed his kingdom...hardcore 

I feel the death of one major problem is just the prelude to an equally destructive one. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..