Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,086 Words
  • 803 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Star, The Demon, and The God - 30. Messages from Spirits

Tobias

So I may have snuck a special surprise for Luno before I left. I really hope he sees it or that is really going to suck.

Oh gods.

What if one of the creatures tries to eat them?

Fingers crossed on that never happening.

Now onto the next thing in this life!

I had asked Luno to let me out a couple of miles from Avelin.

Thymestrys is a large world when you are all alone. I could go anywhere I want. Somewhere nice and filled with beaches near the north. Maybe even a deserted Island?

I could easily go wherever I want since I have the special silver coins used to pay off the Spirit Sailor. He could take me wherever I wish in whatever realm I choose.

Since I am now on my own, I figured the best place to live would be where nobody else dares to go.

Avelin seems the proper choice to me. It is empty and everyone is too scared to go into that dead place.

Sure the Bancrofts had sent their people to search it for the necklace that was apparently useless, but now that they got what they were looking for, it should be in the clear.

I mentally shake my head at the thought of the necklace.

We traveled all the way to Avelin for a necklace that was supposedly going to stop Raiyo. Of course it wasn’t going to work.

Like all gods, you cannot trust their word on things; even the Mother goddess apparently.

Is that such a surprise to me though? After everything I have seen now, it is safe to say that no matter who they are, they are all shit.

Once upon a time I would have said Raiyo was the least shitty but I guess he had to have some reason to beat that idea up and shove it in a corner.

Right now, I am walking through a tunnel that Luno made for my leave.

It is a bit of a long tunnel. Thankfully there are glowing green stones spread around that make it kind of nice. They make this walk a pleasant one.

The occasional skittering of tiny feet gets at my nerves but aside from that, I am feeling a little at peace right now.

Given that I am about to pretty much live the life of some kind of banished demon, this is a nice start.

What do I even do now?

There was the thing about searching for my Uncle, but something tells me that doing that right now is possibly not the best choice at the moment.

I do not want to live a completely useless and boring life. I’ve got two arms now so I can get to work.

Hunting Angels is out of the question thanks to the gods working together against Morgoren’s rule.

I suppose if any come near me, I have my right to kill them.

What is there to do in Avelin? It was a place made up of old stone and wood that was struggling to hold itself up.

Maybe I could build up and live in a farm off in the forest?

I laugh to myself at the thought.

I bet Luno would have loved to see something like that. I am actually considering it so maybe I could show it off to him some day.

Now, how does one farm?

Uh...well...maybe a small garden to start with?

After what felt like a five minute walk, I see the light that tells me I have reached the end.

Looks like this is really happening. I am really leaving Luno for good.

I mean, I do want to see him again and I will hopefully get the chance, but for now...now I wait. Who knows for how long.

My mood is only getting worse and worse when I realize I might have to wait another hundred years before I see Luno again. Maybe even more than that! What if things never get better and Raiyo tries to kill me?

What if I die before I see Luno again?

Yup. Pleasant walk has officially been ruined.

Why doesn’t the world throw another fuck load of evil thoughts in my face? Not like it can get any worse!

“Gods you took forever walking out of there,” A voice groans as soon as I am outside of the tunnel.

Readying my sword and gun, I turn to face the voice.

I find myself staring at a spirit. It looks to be a mix between a bird and a woman. Her feet remind me of a chicken and her arms are wings!

She has golden feathers all over her body, even her hair is made of golden feathers!

The only part that looks like it is made of normal skin is her face and neck.

“Who are you,” I wrinkle my nose in disgust.

The world never fails to make ugly creations.

“It doesn't matter who I am,” The harpy says. “All that does is that my Queen wishes to gain an audience with you.”

I ready my finger over the trigger. “And who might your Queen be?”

Her feathers ripple around her head, as if she is excited to speak the Queen’s name.

“Why Drulai of course!” She chirps. “She has learned some grave news and wishes for you and the Star’s help.”

Luno too? Why? He already did his part for those vultures!

I shake my head. “You can forget it, so either fuck off or die.”

We both jump when the tunnel all of sudden closes itself, forever sealing the Sanctuary away.

She quirks an eyebrow at me and smiles. “So you were kicked out? Been a naughty demon have we?”

I huff and turn away.

There is no reason at all for my need to stay and hear this bitch’s words. They mean nothing to me; especially when she knows nothing at all.

The sound of wings fluttering behind me grab my attention however.

She is following me.

“Go ahead you ugly chicken,” I groan, rolling my eyes. “I have had enough troubles with the gods.”

The harpy spirit laughs. “We can both agree on that, but Drulai really needs your help. She said it was urgent.”

“Don’t care,” I turn and keep walking.

What are the odds that I lost one annoying talker for a new annoying talker?

Just my luck!

The spirit quickly flies in front of me, stopping me in my tracks.

“I was told you might be difficult,” She says, reaching into a small bag wrapped around her waist. “Perhaps if we meet in another life, I can give my sorries then.”

I frown at her words, a bit confused, before she pulls out a glowing purple stone thats so bright, my vision becomes completely clouded in colors. They swirl around like paint mixing together before it all turns black.

She knocked me out.

That bitch!

~~~

~~~

Luno

I watch Tobi walk off into the winter section.

My face feels like it is on fire with the kisses we just shared. It is an amazing burning feeling! I want more of it!

Sadly, Tobias’ Uncle needs to be checked on.

I know that family is important. I understand that Tobias needs to go and make sure he is okay. No reason to be angry with him for that.

These kisses however, they make me both livid and beyond joyful! It bounces between the two.

Livid is probably a bit off right now, so maybe my reasoning for it is a bit lame.

He is leaving me!

I am sad about it. I don’t want him to leave me alone ever again!

Now that we kissed and shared so much together, how am I supposed to be fine when I constantly think about how sweet his lips are against mine!

I smile to myself and rub my finger against my lips. They feel all tingly and warm.

Not going to lie, I am pretty happy with this outcome, even if he has to leave for now.

The next time I see him, I am going to give him the biggest kiss he has ever seen! He won’t even see it coming!

Giggling to myself at the thought, I spin around with my arms out.

Little pink petals fly out into the air with the spin of my arms. They twirl around me and fly up high into the skies, spreading around the shack.

Is this what all those books had talked about? How someone special to you can make you feel like you’re on top of the world?

Well I wouldn’t use that example per say, but I do feel like I could do just about anything right now!

Lifting up into the air, I spin fast, letting everything become a blur of colors in my eyes.

Closing them, my body shoots up higher and higher, wanting to get to the highest point of the Sanctuary as fast as I can!

All the while, those same pink petals continue to release from my body, filling the air with a sweet smell.

When I reach the top of the Sanctuary, I breath in the air. Nice deep breathes. The air is crisp and cold with a slight flowery smell thanks to me.

The wind brushes through my hair, making it fly onto my eyelids.

Smiling to myself, I open my eyes and find myself face to face with Kulu.

The snake has unwound himself from my neck enough for him to look at me. His tongue hangs out and he pants like a puppy.

Grinning at the imagery, I run my fingers along the underside of his head.

Now I can only think of when I would fly with Enfi. She would always want midair scratches as well.

“We are going to miss her for awhile, aren't we?” I give a sad smile.

The wind whistles in answer since Kulu can’t speak.

As much as it saddens me, I am still feeling all fluttery thanks to Tobi.

Sighing to myself, I lean backwards and free fall down to the earth; a smile on my lips all the while.

The sound of the wind rushing around my body makes me feel more alive!

I open my eyes and see that I am falling over the small body of water in the summer area.

Controlling the winds around me, I slow my fall to the point that I reach a full on stop above the water’s surface. Not even the wind disturbs it.

I poke my finger on the calm waters, sending ripples that grow larger and larger, creating small waves on the shore.

Little school of fish swim close to the surface and swim around me. Their scales create a pretty rainbow.

I smile at them and wave my arms around me to create little water tunnels for the fish to swim through the air.

A few fall out but most bob around happily.

Something catches my eye.

A small light shines underneath the fish. The light flickers as they continue to swim in circles.

When the light disappears, the fish scatter and swim away.

Frowning, I drift further away, not at all trusting it.

Bubbles float up to the surface where I was just flying over.

Quickly, I make my way to the beach.

My heart begins to pick up and I quickly change my clothes incase I need to use magic to defend myself.

Oh gods I wish Tobias was here right now!

More and more foamy bubbles rise to the surface; a good few yards away from me.

I hope all the sea creatures are okay. This thing better not be killing any of them!

Is it a new spirit creature? I have never had one from the sea before!

Now I am kind of excited! I haven’t had a new spirit come to my Sanctuary in forever! Maybe this one will be a nice new friend!

The water where the foaming explodes into a giant geyser.

A boat jets up from beneath the water. A familiar boat. I saw this boat the day that Tobias took me out of the Sanctuary!

The black boat with the flag of a wolf head between two circling vines.

It is the Spirit Sailor!

Why is he here? How is he here? Nobody is supposed to be able to get in here!

I stay in place, unsure of what to do.

The boat only gets closer as the Spirit Sailor is visibly rowing himself towards me with a giant oar in the back.

The ground rumbles as a stampede of animals comes running towards me. Creatures run up along the beach to stand beside and in front of me. Some even try and push me back.

They are trying to protect me!

Avric stands at the very front baring his fangs; a growl coming out as a warning to the intruder.

The Spirit Sailor’s comes to a stop. He only stares at me.

At least I think he is?

He is wearing a hood and mask so I cannot really see his face. It is completely hidden in shadows so nothing to help me realize if he is watching me or something.

Who am I kidding? Of course he is! What other reason would he be here?

Should I trust him?

Tobi did...or at least I think he did?

Biting my lip, I make my way past everybody and fly up a bit then glide my way down to the Spirit Sailor.

As soon as I am a few feet from the boat, I stand on the surface of the water.

“Hello,” I offer a small smile, still slightly worried. “May I...may I help you?”

The Spirit Sailor stares at me I think. His face is still concealed in shadows.

He never loosens his grip on the oar. He only taps his thumbs on it gently, as if he is unsure of what to say.

“Are you lost?” I ask, taking a step closer to the boat. “Maybe I could help you if you are.”

The Sailor wears what I saw him in last time.

An open brown trench coat, some old raggedy pants, black boots, and a harness over his bare chest. No shirt at all.

Of course, he has the hood wrapped around his head to keep his face hidden in special shadows.

Around his waist, he wears a cloth that is a pretty design with reds, yellows, and oranges. Colors that remind me of the desert.

This spirit must travel everywhere!

I am slightly jealous.

A sword and shield are strapped to his back. They shine in the sun’s light.

“Do you need my help getting out of here?” I ask, tilting my head as I step onto the boat.

The Spirit’s tanned chest flexes when he hears my voice and he shakes his head.

“No,” He says in a tired, gruff voice.

I nod slowly and bite my lip.

Not entirely sure how to handle this honestly.

The creatures tend to let me know what they need and they can’t even talk!

“I was sent here for you,” He all of a sudden says. “You must come with me.”

I frown.

“Uh, I am afraid I cannot do that. I kind of promised someone I would wait for them here.”

A grunt is all I get in answer.

There is an awkward silence as we stare at one another. At least I think we are...I know I am.

He sighs and brings his hand up to take off his hood.

Like before, I am a bit surprised to see that this spirit has the body of a regular man, but the head of a wolf.

It looks so weird!

Not a bad weird! A good kind of weird! A “pretty” weird? The wolf head at least looks pretty.

The actual human body is wide and full of tanned muscles with chest hair.

That part is intimidating.

“Look,” He says with tired wolf eyes. “I need you to come with me to Drulai’s palace. She has requested your presence. The fate of the world is apparently in your hands. It would be best if you listened to her words.”

I blink. “The fate of the world? Is this because Raiyo escaped?”

He shakes his head. “Something else this time.”

“Could you...tell me?” I cross my arms to try seem more confident.

Just because the Sailor is all huge and scary doesn’t mean I should be afraid of him!

He gives a lazy shrug. “I am afraid I know as much as you. She is the only one who can tell you what is going on.”

This sounds sketchy now.

A random spirit somehow slips his way into my Sanctuary, tells me that the world needs me again, does not tell me the specific reason I am needed, and asks me to see the Mother Goddess?

Internally I groan.

Why is my heart telling me that I should go with this spirit? Why? He could literally kill me at any second! That sword is definitely sharpened regularly.

I know if Tobias were here, he would swat my head or something along those lines.

Do I really want to do this again?

I lost so much the last time I went out. Each time I lose more and more.

Do I really want to risk losing whatever is left of my family?

What if I lose Kulu? What I learned that Tobi died somewhere without me knowing? Raiyo could kill him at any second!

Looking back at the creatures on the beach, I see them all watching me in silence.

They do not look worried. No, not at all.

Avric sticks out the most to me since he is a giant furball.

The giant yeti nods his head to me, as if giving me the go ahead to go out and accept Drulai’s quest.

Turning back to the Spirit Sailor, I see he has been staring at me.

When I turn to him, he quickly moves his eyes to the bottom of the boat.

“How long would I be gone?” I ask, feeling a bit tired myself just from thinking about it. “There is someone I am waiting for. I don’t want to be gone when he comes back.”

The Sailor looks out with a small wolf smile.

“I am sure you’ll see him just in time.”

Copyright © 2019 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..