Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,286 Words
  • 631 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Star, The Demon, and The God - 27. Dirty Secrets

Luno

I am still so very tired.

Maybe visiting the dragon so late was a bad idea.

Tobias and I had been awake for so long and delaying sleep was not a good choice. The creatures did not know that so of course they woke me up early.

Lucky for Tobias, they left him alone.

To my dismay, I see that he is hiding his true self again.

Frowning at that, I step outside.

I thought I was being nice. I really wanted him to feel safe here. I swear I meant every word! Nobody was going to judge him!

Half of these creatures do not even know how to judge anyways!

Baby steps I suppose.

Tobias cannot free himself in such a short time when he has only just begun to open up to me.

It is fine. Nothing to be sad or worried about. He only needs time.

The day he stops hiding, he and I might look back and laugh at this! That would be nice.

I smile at the thought of our relationship in the future.

What would it turn into? Would it turn into something new? Will it stay the same? What if things get worse?

I know the last question is slightly worrying, but the second one has me feeling all fuzzy inside.

Do I want something to change between us?

I...I don’t know. Maybe?

We could be a family! That could be nice right?

My heart practically swoons as thoughts of Tobias and I together.

The look he gave me last night felt so good. It made me feel warm and cool at the same time!

But...what if things do not work out? What if I lose him like I’ve lost everyone else I cared about?

That thought really brings me down.

More thoughts get jumbled into the mix. Mother’s death, Enfi’s death, Viktor and Monie. They were the closest to me and I lost them all. If I didn’t know better, Kulu and Tobias might be meeting their ends soon enough as well.

I hug my arms around myself. It feels a lot colder now.

Strange how feelings can make you feel a different way; like when I am angry or shy, it feels hotter. When I am sad or...the feeling I took from Raiyo, I feel cold.

A shiver runs up my spine remembering those days.

How does Raiyo live with it? That mind numbing pain is awful! What did he go through to get it?

Whenever I see him, he always has a sly smile on his face. When he speaks, there is not a single trace of sadness. Only mischief and something else. Obviously meant to be seductive.

What could have possibly made him so dead inside? How does he hide it underneath the persona he shows off to everyone else?

I know there was more than the depression. There was so much rage. It was hot like lava and it was scary to see.

Because of that, it was the reason I cleared calmed down the depression instead of the rage.

I had no idea that I would feel the emotion. It didn’t do that with Tobias!

Right?

I try and remember all that happened that day.

He was only asleep for a few hours, but what did I do during those hours?

Frowning, I pace around the shack, thinking things over.

I remember walking through the halls of the Halehigh castle. Peeking into all the rooms, looking for things of interest.

When I found a library, I had stayed in there and looked through all the books until I found one about the history of the castle.

I was curious. That was the emotion I calmed down for Tobias.

So I take their emotions for myself!

Rubbing my neck, it pops from the awkward angle I had to sleep in the bed.

It is very exhausting honestly.

This discovery has not exactly brought my mood up. It only makes me more sad honestly.

Why can’t anything be simple and easy?

I sigh and leap through the stepping stones and make my way to the autumn section of the Sanctuary.

The red leaves on the birch trees are awfully pretty. Maybe they can bring my mood up a bit.

A pair of pink rodents with giant fluffy ears look at me, pausing in their climb of a tree.

Their noses wiggle around at their fast breathing before they jump off the tree and use their ears to float their way down to settle on my shoulders.

“Good morning to you two,” I smile. “Lovely morning in your homes today.”

One of them squeaks and flaps their fluffy ears.

“Would you two like to join me for a walk?” I ask. It is always kind to include those that may wish to join!

Two squeaks from the both of them.

I chuckle and walk on through the trees, not at all caring for which direction I go. I just want to get lost in the blend of red and white.

The branches scratch against each other as the wind dances between them. Streams of red leaves fall to the ground before rematerializing in the branches once again. The red almost reminds me of blood streaming from human skin.

Hugging myself, I remember when I had blinded that poor man.

A pang of guilt runs through my body and I almost feel my legs dragging down.

I know it is stupid to blame myself for that. The human should never have stared into my light.

Still, I do feel a little bad about it.

My shoulders jerk a bit as the little rodents fly off of my shoulders.

I guess their ride was over.

They are chasing after some red leaves that are dancing between all the trees. It is not like they are any different from the other leaves, but I guess if it makes them happy!

Continuing on, I brush my fingers along the trunks of trees, leaving golden fingerprints along my trail.

Thoughts begin to revolve around last night and the moment I had with Tobias.

Is it bad that I wanted him to kiss me? I could have maybe kissed him myself, but what if that was the wrong thing to do? What if he would have gotten angry with me for doing so?

I am pretty sure if I did it, I would have lost the trust I have built up with him.

He had looked like he wanted to kiss. At least I thought he did, but then he pushed me away! Does that mean nothing would ever happen between us? Is there a reason that he wouldn’t want to kiss me? Am I ugly? Gross? Too annoying for his taste?

Sighing to myself, I lean against a tree and watch the leaves falling down.

Maybe I have been reading into this all wrong. Maybe he was never interested in the first place!

No use in getting my hopes up I suppose. Unfortunately, I already did.

Why does he have to be so stupid! I like the demon and he won’t even realize it!

Am I not showing my feelings the right way? I thought using physical signs of affection was the right way to do it! That is what the books always do!

Another sigh, this time because of frustration.

And he calls me an idiot!

Drumming my fingers on the tree I’m leaning on, I remember something that can help bring my spirits up.

Jumping off the ground, I drift through the branches above, head up to the vast open space of air, and breathe in the cold air.

It feels so much better up here. Nice, open, and free!

When I am up here, I do not feel like there is anything I need to worry about!

I yelp and duck out of the way when a certain flying serpent zips over my head.

“Kulu!” I gasp. “Watch where you’re going!”

He hovers in front of me and I swear he smiles. His tongue goes up and down as if he is panting like a dog.

Laughing at the sight, I fly past him and spread my arms out, letting the air flow around me.

I notice Kulu flying right by me, never letting me out of his sight.

I decide to rise as far as I can go; up until I can tongue the invisible ceiling.

It is a good mile off the ground, leaving plenty of room for any of the larger creatures who fly.

Kulu flies in front of me again. His wings struggle to hold himself up since he has already grown so tired! The poor thing.

Holding my hand forward, I let him wrap himself around my arm.

Once he is nice and stable, I spread my arms again before tilting backwards. I then fall headfirst towards the ground.

I close my eyes as the wind rushes through my clothes during the fall. It feels so good!

Opening one eye, I glance at Kulu on my arm.

His head is dangling from my arm and it sways from side to side from the speed we are falling.

When he sees that I am watching him, his opens his mouth in a smile and his tongue flies out, smacking himself all over the place, including his eyes.

Laughing, I tilt my body backwards until we are horizontal to the ground.

I circle around through the different parts of the Sanctuary. The winds each feel different in all of them!

The warm air in the summer sections feels especially nice today.

Glancing towards the middle of the Sanctuary, I see the small figure of Tobias standing outside.

Even with the thoughts from before, I happily fly my way over to him.

~~~
~~~

Drulai - The Mother Goddess

“It is fine,” I say with a kind smile. “I am sure everything will be alright.”

Olenna frowns. “But your highness...they insist!”

I scoff at her words.

“If Raiyo wanted to kill me, he would have done it the day he visited,” I say. “I will not hide in some other realm when I perfectly fine here!”

She sighs before stepping aside and bowing her head.

“As you wish,” She rolls her eyes. “Do you need anything else then? I could fetch someone for protection possibly. I am sure any would take the chance to protect you!”

I only stare at her with a smirk.

She groans and stands behind me once again.

“Please, Drulai,” She says before grabbing my hair to make another creation. “I speak as your friend this time. You must find shelter! If your children couldn’t keep Raiyo sealed for more than three days, what makes you think you be any more safe out here by yourself?”

Smiling at her confession to being my friend, I shrug. “Just a hunch. Besides, while everyone cowers in some other realm, who is going to keep an eye on everything in the real world? It must be me.”

She shakes her head before using a brush to straighten my hair out for the night.

“It shouldn’t be the Mother Goddess,” She says as she glares at my hair. “It should be someone who is not at all as important.”

I laugh. “You think any of the gods are not important?”

Her silence answers for me.

I purse my lips and nod. “So you don’t?”

She looks up into the mirror for a split second of eye contact before working on my hair again.

“Would you mind telling me why?” I ask.

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath; something I would have only been able to see through the mirror.

“Your children..,” She quirks her lips to the side, no doubt nervous with her words. “They are not exactly...useful.”

Chuckling at her words, I nod.

“Yes, well,” I say with a smile. “You are not entirely incorrect. Perhaps the only ones who do their duties is my husband, Morgoren if you could believe it, and also the one who is not my child. You can imagine how annoyed I get when nine other gods do nothing but sit all day in their realms doing nothing at all.”

She tilts her head in confusion. “Have you not gotten onto them?”

I give a tired nod. “I did. Years ago. So long ago, I barely remember it. All I got in response was a bunch of whining. They are all really just a bunch of stupid children.”

“Does that mean you can spank them?” She laughs.

Grinning at the thought, I shake my head. “If I did that, I would most likely lose their respect. The last thing we all need is a bunch of chaotic gods. We already have two. We do not need another.”

“No argument there I suppose,” She says. “Still, you still aren’t safe.”

I sigh.

“Just let it go Olenna. I have made my decision and that is final. I am not going to hide and neither should they. Morgoren had his part in creating Raiyo. He should face it head on.”

Olenna only gives a tight-lipped smile.

I can only imagine her thoughts on that.

Of course the little boy wouldn’t ever do something like that. He is trying his best to be the one on top in the world.

No one really understands why he is doing that. His father does not even care for such matters! Perhaps it is a way of asking for attention? He never really cared for anyone honestly. Obviously not even his own wife.

“You know,” I turn to Olenna. “Perhaps I will have a bath tonight. I know it is late now, but if you would be so kind.”

She nods and turns to leave the room.

A bath will be nice. A good way to relax and not worry about how troublesome everyone has been acting lately.

The entire thing with Raiyo is the biggest headache.

I frown when I feel a tingling sensation in the back of my head.

“I’m a headache?” A voice enters my mind.

“If anyone is a headache, it is your damn son on the moon,” Raiyo scoffs.

Turning around, I find him lying on my bed.

He is pushing his hands into the mattress.

“My hand sinks in so far,” He acknowledges. “Surely that isn’t healthy.”

My eyes widen at his presence.

“Are...are you here to kill me?” I ask, tilting my head.

He laughs. “No of course not. Why? Should I? Apparently nothing can keep me caged up for long so I doubt I will have much to lose.”

I glare at him.

“What are you doing here then? Leave me alone. I want no trouble with you. Keep me away from the problems between you and my children.”

He leans on his elbows. “Because it gives you a headache?”

I sigh and roll my eyes.

He smiles. “Then you understand that I find this annoying as well. If you could put Morgoren on a leash, maybe none of this would have even happened.”

Frowning at his words, I cross one leg over the other.

For someone who harbored so much rage and disgust towards the gods, I am surprised he is not so vengeful. The rage is underneath his little facade, so why isn’t he doing anything?

What if he were to remember Laneer? Would he do something then?

“What has Morgoren been doing this time?” I ask, wondering if I should tell Raiyo about his past. Maybe it will bring up old emotions that will make it easier to bring him down.

He shrugs. “Nothing. Only because I have been making sure of that.”

My brow rises in surprise. “What exactly would that mean? You realize how bad you look right now, right? You killed thousands of humans if you remember.”

He chuckles. “Yes, yes I remember.”

“Your bath is rea-” Olenna freezes when she finds Raiyo on my bed. Her face pales and her eyes practically widen to the size of plates.

I wave her off, wanting the privacy with Raiyo.

He is no danger to me right now.

Once she is gone, I gesture for him to continue.

“Morgoren has control of the angels as you know,” He says while sitting up. “For a time, the humans were dying a lot more than normal. When my spies went to investigate, they would find all the bodies with the mark of the angels.”

“He was using them to kill the humans?” I frown. “How do I know you aren’t lying? That is quite the accusation!”

He shrugs. “Not my problem if you don’t believe me. Now shut up and let me finish.”

I was about to say something but I guess I will let him talk.

“Well, I noticed that Angels were attacking my people a lot more as well. How could they have so many souls to use against me? Obviously I found that off. It took awhile, but I soon realize that Morgoren was trying to kill humans to add to his army more.”

I nod at his words. That does sound vaguely familiar. I believe Taisla told me that the gate into Havano was becoming quite busy and difficult to handle on her own.

“In an effort to slow him down, I sent my wisps out and made them kill all the humans,” Raiyo says. “I made sure the wisps were in charge so that I didn’t take all the souls for myself. Why would I want them all dead when that means all the contracts for my people are useless?”

He does have a point there…

“I kept the souls in safe keeping and made sure the bodies were taken care of. You know, to prevent them from decomposing.”

“After awhile, Morgoren’s creation decided to finally come out of hiding. I always knew about him and his powers. I was only waiting for the right moment for him to come to me. By chance, my general’s nephew brought the little star right to my doorstep!”

The pieces start to fall into place from there for me.

Luno can bring back people from the dead by bringing their souls back into their body. His powers add a protective seal that prevents other beings from sucking the soul out.

Thus the Angel’s mark is useless. Morgoren loses the numbers in his army.

“Oh Raiyo,” I pinch my nose. “Why did you not mention any of this before? Had I known you were in the right, I would have helped prevent any of the recent events from happening! But you do not seem to have a reason for killing my daughter.”

He scoffs and stands.

“Oh please,” He laughs. “She cursed me for eternity and I needed a way to prompt the Gods into bringing me into Havano. What better chance than to kill her then?”

My daughter died as if it were some small thing. If Raiyo were to remember what she had truly done when he was Yinx, I feel that he would have killed long ago.

“As for helping me,” He interjects my thoughts. “I prefer to work alone. No help is needed for me. I will be fine and lifeless as always. Most likely will go back to things as they were before.”

There is something about the way he said all that. He is hiding something. Something that is not good. Something dark. It makes me slightly nervous.

Even then, if he has more information to share, I must hear it.

I pat the chair next to me.

“Come,” I say. “Tell me what Morgoren is planning next.”

Copyright © 2019 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..