Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,139 Words
  • 8,646 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Star, The Demon, and The God - 50. Time Saved

Tobias

For the first time since I've met the serpent, Kulu makes a sound.

He zips up into the air where Luno was last seen.

He chirps as he looks side to side for his friend. When he can’t see Luno, he starts crying.

My blood runs cold as I stare at the image.

“Come on,” Laneer pushes me.

I growl at him and bare my fangs.

He shakes his head. “We need to hurry to the lake if we’re going to catch him.”

What? He can take us to Morgoren’s realm?

Thinking the question makes me feel stupid but the fact he is able to go there is mind boggling.

Kulu must have understood what Laneer said because he flies back to Laneer and wraps around his neck.

I so badly want to run, but my back leg is killing me right now.

Transforming back, I sit down on the sand and tug my boot off.

I hiss through my teeth as I glance down at the damage.

My ankle is swollen and blue right now.

Laneer curses at the sight.

“Can you walk?” He asks.

“Does it look like I can fucking walk?” I shout.

I reach into my pouch and dig around for my medkit.

Not sure what I could use to fix this.

“Tobias,” Laneer says.

I ignore him and keep digging for my medkit.

“Tobias.”

Where the hell is it? I didn’t use everything when I was fixing up Luno’s side.

“Tobias, look.”

“WHAT DO YOU WANT?”

I glare at the stupid sailor with a fury of a thousand suns.

He ignores my heated look and points to something behind me.

When I look over, I see three cloaked figures standing above us.

Fuck, it’s humans!

Why did it have to be humans?

As if they heard they’re being mentioned, the three humans make their way down the hill to us.

I glare at them as they reach us.

It looks to be a Serendian family.

A man, a woman, and a little girl.

“The hell do you want?” I grunt and look away.

The man speaks.

“We saw your fight with Morgoren,” He says. “It was unlike anything we have ever seen!”

I roll my eyes and start digging for my medkit again.

“Who was that he took away?” The little girl asks.

I glance at her for a small moment before turning away again.

“A friend,” Laneer says. “We need to get him back. Would you all happen to have any supplies to help him with his ankle?”

My guess is he is pointing at me rather rudely.

I want nothing to do with them!

“I should,” The woman says. “A couple of herbs to ease the swelling. I also know a spell to make the process go by faster. I can tell you both are in a hurry.”

No kidding.

As much as it kills me, if this is the faster option to get fixed, I’ll take it.

I motion for my ankle.

“Go right ahead,” I say with a sigh.

She instantly kneels down and grabs her bag to get to work.

I suppose this is helping my sanity right now.

My disdain for the humans makes it easier to not think about the fact Luno was taken from me.

Well now that I think about it, it no longer feels easier.

Oh gods, what is Morgoren doing to him right now?

It has only been a few moments but so many things could have happened!

Please oh please be safe Luno! I need to see you again!

I start biting my nails as I worry over the different situations he could be in right now.

Fuck why did I have to learn that Luno was created as some kind of sex toy? Gods dammit! I need to get going now!

The woman has drawn symbols around my ankle with blue paint. Crushed, wet, red herbs have been placed around the area with the worst of the swelling.

She presses her hands together, as if she were about to pray, and begins to chat in the Serendian language.

Never bothered learning other languages. I barely understand the demonic one.

This sounds like gibberish to me.

Based on the warmth around my foot and the glowing blue paint, I'd say it is working.

If only it was Luno healing me right now. Then that would mean he is safe and not in Morgoren’s realm.

A shiver runs up my spine as I think of that wretched realm.

“Are you alright?” The woman asks.

I nod and move to stand, wiping off the paint and now burnt herbs.

Yup, good work for a human.

It is nowhere near perfect like Luno’s magic. I still feel a bit sore but other than that, I’ll manage.

The little girl smiles at me.

I grunt and turn to get moving.

Luno needs me.

Since they must be familiar with demons and all that mess, I transform into my tiger form and wait for Laneer to get on my back.

“Whoa!” The little girl gasps in awe.

Laneer sighs and gives them their thanks before following me.

It was nice of them I guess to help. They didn’t even know who we were. Why would they waste their supplies on total strangers?

Humans are weird.

I know I was once one, but that doesn’t mean I can’t find them strange.

Laneer climbs on top of me and I bring myself into a full sprint.

All thoughts of the humans and their kindness has disappeared. Luno is all that matters.

“Are we going through the forest?” Laneer yells in question.

I rumble lowly as a way to say no.

Morgoren sent angels after Luno just now. He clearly sent the ones in the forest. There is a trap there and I am positive about it.

Sure it’s a big forest but I can run around it easy.

Laneer had best keep his trap shut on the matter.

He is lucky I need him otherwise I would have dropped him long ago to free myself from his weight.

Glaring at the creepy white forest surrounded by fog, I quickly turn to the right and begin to circle around the perimeter.

Laneer sighs above me but I ignore him.

“I have an idea,” He says. “Can you run faster with that demon tiger form of yours?”

The hell is he on about?

“If you can, use it. I can handle the burns.”

This man is crazy!

“Do it to save the little star.”

I mean he doesn’t have to convince me twice. I’ll do anything for that little brat!

With a roar, my stripes burn to life, increasing my speed and making the world turn into a blur.

Laneer’s grip on my neck fur tightens, almost tearing it from my skin!

He starts screaming in pain and I have slow down.

“Keep going you idiot,” He shouts.

Gods he truly is insane!

I get back to sprinting as fast as I can.

The faster I go, the hotter my flames become.

In seconds the sand turns into grass beneath my feet.

Leaping over a fallen tree, I land on an open road.

Huffing in excitement and exhaustion, I keep going.

I leap off the road and reach the halfway point of the forest outerrim.

Laneer’s screams of pain have died down and when I try to look, I almost trip over my feet when I see the burned skin of his cheek healing rapidly.

Turning back to my task at hand, I try not to think about what I just saw.

Dirt gets kicked up into the air behind me with how deep my paws dig into the earth to make myself that much faster.

We are so close! Hang in there Luno!

~~~
~~~

Luno

I take deep breaths, desperate to fill my lungs.

Sweat drips down my brow and shining silver stains my chin from coughing too much blood.

“When I grow bored of you,” Morgoren kneels in front of me, “I would very much like to dissect you! Your blood is so beautiful! Never seen anything like it before. Not even when I cut you up into pieces when I made you!”

He wipes away at the tears streaming down my cheeks.

“Stars...'the most precious and pure souls in the entire universe,'” He chuckles. “And I manage to get one to spill blood!”

I pull my face away from his hand and turn away, burying my face into my shoulder.

“Aww come on now,” He grabs me by one of my flowers and yanks my head to face him.

I cry out in pain and feel more tears spilling.

He smirks down at me. “I’m only playing, my pet. When we start our new world from the ruins of Avelin, then I shall rule over all with you as my perfect protector.”

My chin trembles as I stare up at him.

The way he acts so calm while saying these awful things...he is terrifying!

I want to go home!

“Enough tears,” He wipes them away again. “You are going to be perfect in the morning. Understand?”

I nod frantically, desperate for him not to touch me again.

“Good,” He smiles. “Now finish powering up my machine and then you will be returned to your room for preparations in Avelin.”

He stands and walks backwards, a portal summoned behind me.

“I shall see you tonight for a little present, my pet,” He winks. “For being so good for me.”

Morgoren disappears into the shining portal and a shiver runs up my spine.

No! I don’t want to see him tonight! Please!

Morgoren has assigned a few angels to watch over me. His undead ones are tricky to control from what he says. He did leave one giant, undead Archangel however. They are terrifying and stare at me without moving at all times.

The living ones watching me consist of an Archangel and two regular angels.

If I am not mistaken, I think they might be ones from the room.

“Please,” I whisper to them. “Let me go. Please!”

My voice breaks down and I start sobbing with my head bowed.

Tobias, where are you?

Anyone?

Someone at all?

Please!

~~~
~~~

Tobias

“Are you serious?” I exclaim. “We have wasted enough time! Why would you do that?”

Laneer rows us into the middle of the lake, grunting with the effort.

“Why do you think Morgoren married the Gatekeeper?” He says as if it is obvious. “He used her to keep his realm blocked off from everyone else. We must travel through the Middleplains to reach the gate that unlocks his realm.”

I frown. “How are we supposed to break through the gate? I doubt he’d leave it unlocked.”

Laneer shrugs and slows us down.

The water beneath the boat begins to foam and bubble over.

“There isn’t one right now,” Laneer says. “She had died. With her death went all her strength over her gateways. Sure, they may still stand, but they are nowhere near as strong as they were when she was alive.”

So we have to blast our way through it?

I cringe at the thought.

That will bring all kinds of attention to us. We need to keep silent! We are trying to rescue Luno; not take on the Moon God himself!

Oh gods how are we going to do this?

I have been so desperate to get to Luno, I didn’t think about how or where we are supposed to free him!

A bubble forms around us as we sink into the water.

I barely notice it honestly. I’m thinking too hard on what this place could even look like.

“Have you been there before? To Morgoren’s realm?” I ask.

Laneer nods to me. “A few occasions. Mostly to deliver messages of complaints from the other gods. He never knew who I was though. He might now that he’ll see my face.”

“You don’t know that,” I say, mostly to calm my nerves. “For all we know, we might be lucky if he happens to be out of the house…”

Laneer grunts as the bubble shines a dark grey.

We jet upwards, the bubble flaking off into tiny pieces.

Gripping onto my seat, I stare up at the grey light above us that grows brighter and brighter.

When we breach the surface, I find myself staring at two fields of tall grass on either side of us.

It takes me a moment to realize we are in a river.

It is a slow river which makes me want to pull my hair out.

“Where are we supposed to go?” I ask, standing up.

Laneer sets down his oar and sits down. “Now we let the water pull us through. It isn’t a long ride. Don’t worry.”

I blink and try not to jump across this thing to kill him.

“Don’t worry. Don’t worry?” I shout. “Are you kidding me? The world is about to end and Morgoren has our only chance of saving it!”

Laneer raises an eyebrow. “Don’t forget Yinx. We were on our way to find him, remember? Sorry for your star, but he isn’t the only thing at risk right now.”

I scoff at his words, but I end up being sent backwards and falling flat on my back.

“We’re here,” Laneer says with a huff. “Like I said, don’t worry.”

I glare at him and then turn my gaze ahead of us.

The boat pushes against a glowing silver gate that stands high into the sky. It is so wide, it goes a few meters along the land as well.

My eyes widen when I realize that, that was all it needed to open!

The boat wasn’t even going that fast but even that was all it took to break the gates open!

“She has been dead for a good while now,” Laneer speaks up. “I’m sure these gates will break down in the week to come. Good riddance for that.”

I can agree with him there.

One being in charge of the human spirits was never fair. Obviously the Gatekeeper was persuaded by Morgoren to make them all into Angels for his army.

Those she deemed far from worthy...she sent to Enfierna.

There, Raiyo had us torture them for their evil deeds they committed.

I never liked doing that.

Where even is he? Shouldn’t he be busting his way through this place screaming Morgoren’s name and lusting for his blood?

Drulai’s plan seems to have a slow start right now.

A shame I can’t use the mirror to ask her.

We ride through the river for a short time. It hasn’t changed much at all. It looks like the same Middleplains we arrived in.

Laneer stands and grabs his oar again.

A bubble forms around us once more and then we sink into the water.

I see now.

These waters are like a special portal to his realm. Waters that the Gatekeeper blocked off.

It makes sense now why the Moon God chose to marry her. Whatever trickery he did to her was for this purpose. To keep his privacy.

Wow it is amazing how nobody seemed to notice this.

Wait...the gods put Morgoren in a special prison that forbids him from being out in the daylight. They probably thought it was their idea all along.

I frown as the bubble turns into a shining silver.

Honestly, it reminds me of the day I found Luno bleeding everywhere when he came out of some ruin in Avelin.

I hated that day.

Oh Luno, please be okay!

My gut twists as we shoot up towards the sky.

I pull my sword and pistol out, placing my finger on the trigger.

With a large splash, we breach the surface and for a moment I am blinded by light.

Blinking a few times to get used to the realm’s light, I find myself between two large buildings.

This somewhat reminds me of Drulai’s place.

There are two islands in this realm of silver water. One looks like an exact duplicate of Drulai’s palace…

I see the Moon God wasn’t entirely against his family.

It is the other part of the realm that has grabbed my attention however.

A large tower stands on a larger island. It is a tower that has lines spiraling upwards. It is the source of a pillar of light that blinded me when we came out of the water.

My heart freezes over as I stare at that light.

It’s him! I know it is.

“Already on it,” Laneer stays, moving the boat towards the tower’s island.

What the hell is Morgoren doing to him? I know that light anywhere! What is he doing to my Star?

I glare up at a bridge connecting the two islands.

It is hundreds of feet in the air and there is an army of green marching from the tower to the palace.

There are so many dead angels, it is terrifying to imagine what destruction they could create.

“Hurry,” I say to Laneer.

The boat sails towards the stone island. There aren’t any sands so we will have to step out when we are close enough without damaging the boat.

“When we get there, I need you to stay on the boat,” I say, ripping my gaze from the shining light.

Laneer nods to me. “Very well. You’d best bring the little star home.”

Oh I plan to.

One thing that raises the hairs on my neck is the sky.

A giant moon takes up almost all of the sky! It is so big, it’s light casts everything in a pale light.

Can Morgoren see through this one as well?

Gods I hope not.

“When you get back, I will take us to Enfierna,” Laneer says. “Not only for Raiyo, but I fear that no other place in all of Thymestrys will be safe from Morgoren’s eye.”

That’s true.

As soon as Morgoren realizes that Luno is gone, who knows what he’ll do!

Chills spread across my skin as I think about where the Moon god could be right now.

He could be in this tower right now! What would I do then? I can’t fight him. I’ll try but I know it would be for nothing!

Gods dammit, Luno. The things I’m doing for you right now…

When the boat pulls up against the island, the tower looks particularly menacing.

It casts such a large shadow, it feels out of place. Just the sight of it gives me shivers.

I jump off the boat and touch Morgoren’s land for the first time in my life.

“Goodluck,” Laneer says.

I choke of a laugh and stare up at the pillar. “Yeah, right.”

I’m coming, Luno.

Copyright © 2019 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..