Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,107 Words
  • 715 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Star, The Demon, and The God - 28. Morgoren's Plan

Tobias

When I woke up, I panicked again.

At first it was because I was surrounded by a bunch of different animals, but when I saw that Luno was gone, I of course thought of the worse.

Maybe I really should leave now.

I know I said I would stay for a few days, but perhaps one night was enough.

Well...I guess technically two nights outside since the days are backwards in the Sanctuary.

To my relief, I find Luno outside. He is flying around the air so fast, I am worried about his head possibly falling off.

My gut twists when I see a particularly risky dive from him.

He flies as if he has always done it his whole life. I suppose he kind of has before Morgoren yanked him from the sky.

I haven’t thought of Morgoren for awhile. What is he even doing?

It has been quite a few nights since Luno accidentally stepped out into the moonlit sky. So many nights have passed and no signs of Morgoren. Nothing at all!

Obviously we are safe in the Sanctuary, but we were out there for so long and unprotected, Morgoren could have grabbed Luno in our sleep easily.

He didn’t though.

Nothing happened at all. Not even a small threat!

It is very strange. I know he saw Luno that night. There is no doubt about it.

We could lie to ourselves and say that Morgoren was looking the other way at the time, but that is not how it works. Everything the moonlight touches can be seen and felt by the god. Even the small blades of grass.

So obviously he saw Luno. Why has he done nothing? Has he by chance forgotten about him?

No, obviously not.

Does he no longer care for him?

That could be a possibility. I would give anything to make sure that were true.

Something does not sit well with me about that whole idea though. How could you not care for something you put so much time and effort into?

He must be planning something. What it could be, I do not know.

If only we had someone on our side that could read minds…

I mentally shake my head at the thought.

If Raiyo were to get close to Morgoren, there is no doubt it my mind that he would try and kill the moon god. He hates the old asshole!

There is nothing I can think of that would prevent Raiyo from shoving his hand through Morgoren’s head.

What could you even offer to sway the God who has and feels nothing?

Exactly the same thing. Nothing.

So maybe, everyone should start planning on trying to get Morgoren and Raiyo in the same room. It would free everyone from the Moon God and we can all live our happy lives.

That is, until Raiyo plans his next big thing.

As much as it pains me to think it, they are both a bit on par with how much troubles they bring.

How can Morgoren compete with Raiyo killing a bunch of humans and then starting another war? This time it was with Gods, Angels, and Humans against Demons and Raiyo, himself.

It all gives me a headache with how much is going on.

Once again, the gods are causing problems for literally everyone. Apparently Raiyo has decided to follow in step with his predecessors.

Right now, I would give anything to not be a Demon. Or Angel. Or even a human honestly.

I am not sure what I would want to be.

Maybe a Star? The other Stars in the sky don’t seem so bothered by everything going on down here.

Now I am jealous of them.

“Hey! You’re awake!” Luno swoops down and stands in front of me with a beaming smile.

Maybe not this Star though.

I give a tired blink. “Unfortunately.”

He giggles in his usual cheery way and bounces on his toes.

“Is there anything you wanted to do today,” He asks. “We could go swimming with the sea elephants! They are so fluffy and squishy, I bet you would love them!”

As strange as that sounds, I need to leave. Preferably today because I really can’t risk Luno’s life any more than I already am.

“Actually,” I scratch the back of my neck. “I might have to leave...to see my Uncle.”

Yup. I am going with the family excuse to try and lessen the blow.

Luno’s mood instantly drops. His smile slips away and his flowers turn into a greyish blue, they even start to wilt a bit.

“But,” He says, his voice already sounding defeated. “I thought we were going to live together. You said...I thought you wanted to stay with me.”

Crap! He looks so sad!

I swear he looks about as sad as a kicked puppy. Ugh my heart feels like has just been shot!

“I’m sorry,” I say, reaching out to touch his arm.

He steps back and shakes his head.

“Don’t,” He says in a firm tone. His eyes are betraying him sadly.

“Don’t be like Mother. Don’t keep me in the dark.” He bows his head to avoid eye contact. “Please don’t be like everyone else.”

“Luno,” I say, a bit at a loss of words. How do I respond to this without completely making him feel awful?

“I...I have to see my Uncle.”

Yup. I am going with my lie still. As much as I want to stay here, I cannot risk it any longer.

“What for,” He asks with a frown.

Oh gods.

“I, uh…” I think over my words. “I have to make sure he is alright. I do not want Raiyo getting onto him for my actions.”

His eyes widen. “He will kill you if you go back down there!”

I shrug. “That is a risk I am willing to take.”

Now that I am saying all of this, maybe I really should find my Uncle Ben.

He is stationed somewhere near some weird dead forest near the desert’s edge. He is in charge of keeping everyone out.

Apparently Raiyo finds the place important. When my Uncle had asked him why, he simply shrugged.

Understandably, it leaves my Uncle rather annoyed.

He is incredibly loyal to Raiyo, but he feels his talents as a General wasted on his guard duty.

If Raiyo is taking his anger out on him because of me, I need to get over there.

“I’m sorry,” I say, reaching out to Luno again, “but I really need to go and make sure he is safe.”

He pulls his hand away from me.

“I’ll go with you then,” He says, a bit hopeful. “I held Raiyo back before. I can do it again!”

“No!” I almost shout.

A few creatures start circling around us, getting closer and closer. They sense the tension and they are making sure their protector is safe.

Calming my voice down, I clear my throat. “You cannot come with me. I know I said I would protect you, and I still am...but staying here will be the safest option for you.”

He crosses his arms and glares at me; his flowers turning red.

“I can handle myself just fine,” He says with his lips pursed out. “You do not need to protect me! Let’s go!”

He starts walking past me, headed for the summer section.

“Luno,” I huff out in annoyance. “Stop being annoyingly stubborn and ridiculous. It is night time anyways! If it will make you stay here, then I promise to come back.”

That does get him to stop in his tracks.

I never really believed in promises. You could say I believe in doing the right things in the right moments.

For instance, protecting the savior to the humans.

Sure the Gatekeeper threatened me but she’s dead now. I still want to protect Luno and that is what I am going to do.

Breaking a promise does not make me feel bad in the slightest.

“You mean it?” As he asks, he pokes at the ground with his toes and hugs himself. “You will come back if you promise?”

Fuuuck!

I haven’t even broken the promise yet and I am feeling awful!

“I promise,” I say, biting the inside of my cheek and looking away.

Thankfully the other creatures have disappeared.

I end up getting pushed back a step or two as Luno runs into me for a hug.

Hesitantly, I bring my arms around him as well.

Well, isn’t this great? Making false promises and lying to one of, if not my only, friends. Leaves me feeling all nice and bubbly inside.

Not!

He believed me so easily! What the hell?

I want to use this as a way to ease my conscience but I know that he is being too nice for his own good as usual.

It almost sickens me that I am taking advantage of it, but it is for his own good. That is what I must keep telling myself or I will end up throwing up the truth.

“Listen,” I say, pulling back and moving to grab my hand.

For a moment, I let myself indulge in his touch, but I quickly put an end to that.

“You need to stay in the Sanctuary until I come back. Alright? It is way too dangerous for you to be out there. Raiyo will definitely want you, but we don’t know about Morgoren. Do you understand me?”

He nods, but he smiles all the while.

I narrow my eyes. “What are you smiling about?”

He shrugs, his cheeks and flowers turn a few shades pink.

“Can’t wait for you to be back,” He drops his gaze to the ground. “I am pretty good at waiting!”

You know what? If I truly am going to be gone a long time, I think I deserve to indulge just a little bit more. I know I will be gone for many years, possibly forever.

Lifting his face up, I take in every detail of his face.

His silver eyes are nice and bright, his cheeks a light red, and his lips slightly parted.

“Tobi?” He whispers slightly. “Can...Can you kiss me goodbye?”

Not once has he ever asked to kiss me. I had always been the one before. This time however, Luno must be feeling the same things that I do! Or starting to...but I’ll take what I am given!

I lean down, closer and closer, entering his warming aura and press my lips to his.

His hand snakes up to my neck and I can’t help but smile against him.

My mind feels like it is going wild right now. It feels so much different than before! I can truly feel something this time. It is uncertain and curious, but hopeful and wanting.

He actually wants me? He wants to do this?

Of course he does. He asked me to kiss him! Oh gods he actually asked me! I feel like some giddy little school boy!

All too soon, Luno steps back with a blissful smile on his face and his eyes still closed.

Seeing that he does not look like he is disgusted or second guessing himself makes me feel almost hopeful that this thing between us could actually work!

Am I getting ahead of myself?

No, no! Stop it, me!

This was a mistake. This only made things worse. I should have dropped Luno off and run out the second he fell asleep.

I’m so stupid!

“That was...that was nice,” Luno huffs out a small laugh and brushes the hair out of his face.

My heart melts at that for some reason and I find myself smiling.

Okay. I got what I wanted; more than I wanted actually.

I need to get the hell out of here!

“I better go,” I say, not able to hide the slight whine in my voice. “The longer I wait, the more in danger he could be.”

By he, I mean Luno himself, but I am playing it off as my uncle.

“Alright,” He smiles and pushes me slightly. “Just walk through the winter area and you will be out of here.”

Without thinking, I turn and start making my way there, jumping over the skipping stones.

I make the mistake of looking over my shoulder however.

Luno is still standing there with his fingers over his lips and a smile still on his face. When he sees me looking, he gives a small wave.

Yeah I better make a proper goodbye.

Quickly jumping my way over to him, I kiss him again, fueling up on the feeling of flying in skies full of warm winds.

That is how it feels to kiss Luno to me at least…

I give a third kiss to be sure. This time on his forehead. A small way of saying that I will keep my promise. This time for myself.

A promise to really try and find my way back.

A way back to the sweet flying feeling.

~~~
~~~

Drulai

Raiyo sighs before sitting next to me. “The only reason I am sharing this information is because I am sick and tired of being the only one doing anything. I have plans of my own! Plus, you could all stand to be a bit more useful from time to time.”

I nod along. He unfortunately is not wrong.

“What are your plans if I may ask,” I say. “With what you have been pulling off for the last few years, I am sure you understand when it leaves me nervous.”

He smiles and doesn’t answer.

I do not like that one bit. While I am grateful that he is willing to share Morgoren’s secrets, Raiyo is just as bad with his ways of keeping balance in the world. For all I know, he could be planning to kill all the humans permanently!

Learning my lesson from last time, I do not try to slip into his mind.

“Morgoren is planning to reshape the world,” He says instead. “Your son wishes to not only become the most powerful God in all of Thymestrys, but he also wants to be the only one.”

I frown. “As in, killing his family?”

He rolls his eyes and leans his head back with a groan. “If I had known you would be slow to understand something as simple as this, I never would have come here.”

I reach for a bottle of wine behind me.

“Yes, he wishes to kill your loathsome family,” He says. “Not only them however. He wants to kill me as well.”

Slowly moving my cup around in circle, I ask, “What do you mean by reshaping the world?”

While the threat of my family is worrying, reshaping all of Thymestrys sounds particularly terrifying in its own way. Though, it may not be as bad as I think it is.

“He literally wants to change everything,” Raiyo says. “He wants to turn back time to where the world and stars were created. He would kill you and take your powers. He would then recreate Thymestrys in his own image.”

I feel my blood running cold.

“Morgoren could not possibly have the power to turn back time,” I whisper, mostly to myself.

It feels a bit harder to breathe.

“Oh he knows it,” Raiyo chuckles. “He knows it and he is already getting to work on that. He sucked up the Gatekeeper’s power and now he is looking for another source in the desert.”

“What source?” I frown.

He shrugs and picks at the undersides of his claws.

“I’m afraid I did not see that far,” He says. “I was busy playing with him.”

I cringe at the thought.

“You slept with him? You made the rumors true?”

He scoffs at me and moves to stand. “I did no such thing. You think I would let something as disgusting as that worm in my body? You really are as stupid as the others.”

“I don’t know,” I say. “You are a bit of a loose cannon, are you not?”

He smirks at me and lays back on my bed, covering himself with my sheets and blankets.

His new change in wardrobe has not gone past me. He has chosen to show off his markings. Why? He covered them before so what is the reason to show them off now? Did he forget how he got the markings? How they were made by the burning embers on his flesh?

That night was interesting. So many things happened, things I had never seen before.

Learning that he had the soul of the first Archdemon was quite a mark in history.

Raiyo’s voice pulls me from my thoughts.

“Perhaps I am a loose cannon,” He says, “but then again, I do not follow whatever rules you have above ground. Clearly your own children do not either. They allowed Morgoren to get this far, did they not?”

I hum out in response.

“You’re not wrong, but you are clearly not in the right as well,” I say with a glare. “Killing innocents and breaking free of your banishment is not at all good. For all I know, you could be telling me a lie, Raiyo. These are quite the accusations against my son. How do I know for certain that what you speak is true?”

He leans up on one arm and trails the claws on his other hand along the glowing wolf head on his chest.

I mentally frown at the sight.

“Ask your precious ones in charge of the Angels,” He smiles. “They have the proof you so desperately require to see the faults of your first born.”

Hmm...perhaps I will need to speak with Bolgran and Frizet. They stay up in Havano with so many documents and spies. Something tells me that Raiyo would not lie about this.

“Bolgran and Frizet?” He raises an eyebrow. “So that is their names. Huh. Never knew that. Also yes, I would not lie about this.”

I frown. “If that is so, and you had gotten this information when you...played with Morgoren, why did you not kill him when you had the chance?”

At that, Raiyo’s eyes burn a bit brighter.

“As I said, I have plans on my own,” He stands before creating a portal. “Plus, as far as I can tell, this looks to be my one and only chance at death. Why give up the chance of something I have longed for, for so long?”

Before I can respond, he walks through and closes the portal.

Copyright © 2019 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..