Jump to content

Re-United 3. New Reality

   (4 reviews)
Sub-genres: Coming of Age, Vampires

This is Book 3 of the New Reality series. Reading books 1 and 2 is strongly recommended. (Trust me, you'll be LOST if you don't!!)

From the pits of tragedy come the joys of the future. Greg Fowler learned this lesson the hard way. Now, he and Scott have to prepare for life while facing challenges they thought were years away. Life is coming at them faster than they want, but is it faster than they can handle? 

Read along and find out.

Copyright © 2023 Justin4Fun; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (12 members)

  • Action Packed 11
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 12
  • Chills 7
  • Cliffhanger 10
  • Compelling 12
  • Feel-Good 9
  • Humor 8
  • Smoldering 6
  • Tearjerker 8
  • Unique 11
  • World Building 8

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 5,699 Words
    • 1,984 Views
    • 29 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 4,708 Words
    • 1,078 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 4,810 Words
    • 1,270 Views
    • 22 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 4,590 Words
    • 1,595 Views
    • 30 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 5,058 Words
    • 1,294 Views
    • 32 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 5,836 Words
    • 1,201 Views
    • 16 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 5,194 Words
    • 1,250 Views
    • 13 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 4,553 Words
    • 1,209 Views
    • 16 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 5,014 Words
    • 1,353 Views
    • 30 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 4,465 Words
    • 1,150 Views
    • 23 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 4,691 Words
    • 2,565 Views
    • 24 Comments
  • 12. Chapter 12
    • 4,644 Words
    • 1,789 Views
    • 33 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Paladin

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

One of the most appealing aspects of this story is that it abandons most of the usual concepts and conventions surrounding vampires. In this world there is an interaction between vampires and humans where they have co-existed in private for centuries without the horror we have come to expect with this genre.

This interaction is exemplified in the strengthening relationship between Greg and his friends (both human and vampire) who all love and support each other. While this portrayal of vampires is refreshingly different, the real gem is the gently revealed storyline with interesting twists and turns (along with often unnecessary cliffhangers) that maintain the reader’s interest.

And another thing. This is not a story where you can drop into it and expect to “catch up” with the narrative. To fully understand and appreciate it, you have to, just like in the song Do-Re-Mi, start at the very beginning. That means going back to Books 1 and 2.

  • Love 4
Link to review
chris191070

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Book 3 in the New Reality series, do not even bother attempting to read until you've read the first two books.

We continue the journey of Greg, Scott, Billy and there friends.

We follow Greg as he is given a crash course in his new life. Of course he faces, many problems along the way, both happy and sad (keep the tissues close by).

This book sets us up nicely for Book 4 and the further adventures of Greg, his family and friends.

 

  • Love 6
Link to review
raven1

· Edited by raven1

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Re-United is a unique departure from the normal vampire stories on the net.  The prevailing spirit of the characters, culture and social structure are very different from the 'normal' of traditional vampire stories. That is why I suggest you first read books one and two of the New Reality series to understand the complexity of Justin's paranormal universe and its characters.  

This is a well-written and compelling read with great characters that will engage you in the adventure. 

  • Love 5
Link to review
centexhairysub

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Another book into the New Reality saga, I still going strong.

You definitely need to read the first two books first, or you will be hopelessly lost.

I love these characters and find the writing is generally good.  The pacing of some of the chapters seems off a little to me; and I do think that some of the chapters have too much going on.  Not sure if they should be split, or hell, it could just be me.

I do really appreciate the fact that @Justin4Fun is creating his own ethos in regard to the vampire lore of the past.  He has done a really good job of creating an interplay between the traditional and bringing a really fresh look to some of the idea behind the Vampire world.  

Can't wait for the next book to continue.

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..