Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 5,401 Words
  • 1,861 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Harlequin - 23. Chapter 23

Adam visits Patrick and meets Poe.

Adam, carried the laptop to Justin’s car—a vintage muscle car painted black and blue.

“You drive a ‘64 Camaro?”

“Yeah, people keep telling me that. So I guess it’s true.”

“My dad has one, and only lets me drive it when I come to visit, and when he’s with me.”

“How old are you?” Justin joked.

“Ha, ha, for your information I’m still on punishment for crashing his last vintage car—when I was sixteen. Was this a graduation gift from your family?”

“No, I’m borrowing it from someone while my Fiat is getting a new paint job.”

“That’s very nice of them.”

“Yeah and he’s a professor at my college.”

“Please tell me he’s not one of your professors?”

“No, he’s not. He’s the head of the robotics department. My major is computer science/criminal law.”

“Aren’t you worried someone might steal it?”

“No, the guys who work in the café here watches it for me.” Adam watched as Justin smiled and waved in the direction of the twin brothers who were working in the small coffee shop; one serving, and the other wiping down tables. “They’re sweet and very observant.” Justin climbed behind the wheel as Adam handed him the laptop, which Justin placed on the floor on the passenger side.

“I’ll call you later to touch base after I see Patrick.”

“So tomorrow morning?” Adam closed the driver side door and grinned at his assistant as he rolled the window down.

“Now that Patrick hired me…this is all business.”

“Just be careful. You still don’t know the whole story, and the police seem to believe that Patrick had a hand in all of this.”

“I have this covered, Justin. We’ll talk soon, bye.”

“Bye boss.”

Adam watched as Justin drove off safely. He reentered his building, locking the front door and the gate to the elevator. He closed up his office and climbed the stairs to his apartment. He checked the fire escape, verifying the ladder was in the up position and locked. He noticed the bathroom window lock was broken, so he took an extension cord and bond the two handles securing the window.

He went through another hidden door located in his kitchen. He took the stairs down to the first floor and exited through the back of the building. He didn’t want to take his jeep that was parked in front of the building, so instead he walked three blocks over and hailed a cab.

He told the driver to take him to a car rental place a friend of his owned. Adam splurged on a silver Dodge Viper. Even though he should keep a low profile, he couldn’t resist after seeing Justin’s loaner.

The drive to the docks took about twenty-five minutes. Adam, picked up Chinese food for two, and drove around to make sure no one was following him. He parked in a crowded lot, and walked the dock looking for Patrick’s place. Patrick’s three-floor condo sat at the corner of the pier just as he had told Adam.

Adam pressed in the door code on the gray push pad, and saw the light change from red to green, unlocking the door. He entered the place with high ceilings, wide space, and furnished with a metropolitan style. The view was amazing with floor to ceiling windows that appeared to be tinted. “Hello, Patrick? It’s Adam Potter,” he called out, but received no answer. He wasn’t sure if he should stay, when he heard a soft male voice.

“Welcome.” The voice seemed to be all around him. The lighting in the room adjusted. It was as if the windows were breathing out the right amount of light into the room.

“The kitchen is to your right. Or, if you prefer, the robotic butler will take your bags for you?” The voice wasn’t annoying; It made Adam feel comfortable. A short sturdy droid rolled over to Adam and opened a tray on its chest to accept the bags of food. Adam was taken aback, but sat the items down on the tray. He watched as the droid turned on a dime without rocking the items, and rolled away.

The voice overhead continued:

“Patrick Valdez was informed of your arrival Mr. Potter. If you would please, follow the lit path. It will lead you to Mr. Valdez’s sitting room, upstairs.”

Adam looked at the smooth floor that pulsated with small blue lights that traveled across the surface in a straight line, then seemed to bounce up the staircase. The light show continued its journey until Adam began to follow. The lit map showed Adam the way upstairs.

Four bookcases with six shelves each filled with old leather bound books, lined the hallway. They sat by twos on the right and left wall, with two lounge couches between the shelves. Artwork that looked older than the books hung on the walls. At the end of the foyer were double doors, with oversized brass handles. Adam heard a catchy song, in Japanese, sung by a female while someone playing an ukulele.

Adam raised his fist to knock when the doors swung open. Patrick stood barefoot, with damp hair from a shower wearing only a robe and a big smile.

“You came,” he said, wrapping his arms around Adam’s neck. “I was so scared that you wouldn’t,” he uttered into Adam’s shoulder. Adam held Patrick close, smelling the sweet coconut shampoo he had washed his hair with, and his cocoa butter body lotion.

“I keep my promises,” said Adam, gliding his fingers down the fine material of the robe that covered Patrick’s body as they parted.

“Yes, and now I’m going to keep mine. But first I should get dressed.” He gathered the handcrafted rode around his exposed chest. “Please come in,” he said, stepping sideways so Adam could enter first. Adam stopped at the threshold as if an invisible force prevented him from entering Patrick’s private chamber.

“Maybe I should wait downstairs,” said Adam, not trusting himself with Patrick wearing practically--nothing and getting dressed in front of him.

“Don’t be silly. You can wait in the sitting room while I go into my bedroom. Besides, I feel safer now. I want my detective close by me.” He grabbed Adam’s hand and forearm, pulling him over the threshold. Adam entered the room and was shocked to see another apartment. The sitting area had a large sofa and oversized coffee table with an earthy tone. It faced a wide window that display an infinity pool that had a water fall on the right and left sides. The view beyond that was the river and skyline. He turned and saw a wide spiral staircase that looked as if it was crafted by a master carpenter. The attention to detail to the wooden steps and bending iron was magnificent.

Patrick noticed Adam staring at the staircase. He walked over to it and stepped up to the third step.

“Don’t you just love this?” he asked, touching the rail. "It was given to me as a birthday gift from a friend.

“It is breathtaking,” Adam said, as his eyes traveled up Patrick’s robe that dragged when he walked. His body was nearly covered except for his neck, shoulders, and chest that held Adam’s gaze. That is until he traveled up to his face that was smooth and full of youth. Patrick’s curls dangled over his forehead and eyes, highlighting the hazel jewels. Adam’s pants felt very uncomfortable at that moment.

Patrick’s smile brightened. He wanted to kiss his detective so badly it hurt. But having physical contact would have to wait until after they spoke.

“My bedroom is just above. I’ll be right back. Then we can talk. Help yourself to the bar, it’s just over there.” He scaled the wooden steps trimmed with black iron, and vanished at the top.

Adam looked to where he pointed and saw a full size bar, fully stocked with wine, a beer tap, and every white and brown liquor good money can buy.

‘This must mean he’s at least twenty-one.’ Adam thought. ‘But then again, he is wealthy and money can get even an underage person whatever they wanted.’

Adam didn’t need anything strong in him, but he was hungry. Out of the corner of his eye he caught the wall behind the bar sliding up, and the robot from downstairs rolled out from behind the bar. A tray balanced on his head held the food Adam brought, all laid out. It rolled over to the coffee table and quietly and skillfully lowered the tray, setting it down.

It left as it came, in silence. Adam looked at the food and back at the robot, who disappeared behind the bar as the wall closed. He had to tell his mother about what he just saw; he would flip. He laughed to himself.

“What’s so funny?” asked Patrick. Adam jumped slightly as he turned and saw him now wearing a loose pair of jean, still barefoot, and a worn out tee shirt that hugged his fit torso.

“Nothing—well, you have a robot butler, and that’s something you don’t see every day.”

“Poe,” Patrick blurted out. “And I prefer to call him a droid.

“Sorry?”

“His name; it’s Poe. You can call him that.”

“Okay, Poe.”

“You’ve never seen a droid before?”

“Only in movies. And defiantly not working in a home.”

“Oh,” he said, looking downward, thinking, then looked back at Adam. “I can make sure he stays downstairs if he makes you uncomfortable.”

“No, he doesn’t make me uncomfortable. It’s just new to me, but it’s cool.”

“Oh that’s good. It’s just… I’m allergic to animal fur and I wanted a pet. I got Poe, and he became my friend. One that I can depend on.”

“You couldn’t depend on Gavin?”

Patrick closed his eyes for a moment, remembering how Gavin died on top of him. He shook his head.

“No. Do I smell food?”

Yeah, I grabbed some on the way and Poe brought it up on a tray. Why don’t we eat first, then we’ll talk about the case?”

“Alright. I am hungry.”

They sat on pillows on the floor and enjoyed the humble meal with light conversation.

“So, you’re twenty-one, right?” asked Adam. Patrick finished chewing, and wiped his mouth clean with a cloth napkin, sitting it back on his lap before answering.

“As of last weekend I am.”

“Sorry I missed that. Did you celebrate with anyone?”

“If you mean with Gavin, yes we had dinner with my parents.”

“Gavin spent a lot of time with your parents?”

“He liked it when they invited him over. I just learned he was talking with my parents about asking for my hand in marriage.”

“Marriage—wow. Was that something you and Gavin talked about?”

“No. I wanted nothing from him. Except my freedom.”

The door behind the bar opened, and Poe reappeared with another tray holding a pitcher filled with water, sliced cucumbers, and sliced lemons. Again Poe lowered the tray to the table skillfully. Adam watched as the droid’s arms that had no hands rose to grab the glassware. Then a thin metal appendage retracted from a small opening at the hump area. The metal unraveled into five tentacles-like fingers. One set handled each glass with ease as the other five lifted the pitcher and poured out the refreshment.

“Thank you, Poe,” Patrick said cheerfully.

“You’re quite welcome Patrick. Will there be anything else?”

“No you can go.”

“As you wish.” Again the droid returned to the bar, entered the wall, and the door closed.

“Do you have anyone living here other than yourself?” asked Adam.

“Just Poe. A cleaning service comes in once a week.”

“So who unpacked this food?”

“Poe. He could have prepared us something. He’s an amazing chef.”

“He can cook?”

“Cook, clean; he can fix anything, fold and hang my clothes.”

“How long have you had this place?”

“Only two years. It was a gift I bought for myself, for when I wanted to disappear.”

“Like you did when Detective Cutter came to take you in for questioning?”

“He came there with his verdict on me. He thinks I’m guilty.”

“Is he right?”

“No, he’s not.”

“Then why run?”

“I don’t like feeling trapped. When I was seven years old, two people kidnapped me and locked me in a room for two weeks. I never saw them I was blindfolded and tied to a chair.”

“Patrick, I am so sorry.”

“They never untied me. They fed me and held me when I had to go to the bathroom. Once, they bathed me. I didn’t like any of it. My parents paid the ransom and the police found me alone in an abandon barn still tied to the chair.”

“Did they rape you?”

“No, but on some nights I have nightmares of feeling their hands on me, but unable to cry out. Until I wake up screaming.”

“Then why are you here alone?”

“I’m not alone, Poe’s with me. When the nightmares come and I get stressed out or feel lonely, Poe’s right by my side.”

“Do you take Poe with you to your parents or Gavin’s?”

“I took him to Gavin’s—once,” Patrick glanced at his drink. “He and his friends poured beer on him and made him ride them around. So I brought him home. Now when I go out, Poe shuts down until I come back.”

“Tell me, how did you and Gavin meet?”

“He was homeschooled like I was. Our mothers arranged play dates, and we became friends. I lost touch with him when he went to a traditional high school, and I remained home to do my studies. I went to study abroad, and when I got back we ran into each other while I was on my way to a Cosplay convention.”

“So he knew about your family’s money?”

“Yeah.”

“Did you start dating after meeting up again?”

“We did, but I told him I wasn’t ready to jump into bed with him. I had a boyfriend, when I was overseas and—it ended badly. I just wasn’t ready to be in a physical relationship right away.”

“Gavin was fine with that?”

“At first he was. We connected, and things were going well.”

“When did it all change?” Patrick looked away towards the bar. He rolled his tongue in his mouth trying to fight the dryness that settled in his throat.

“Would you like a drink, detective?” he asked with a sideways glance to Adam, hoping he says yes.

Adam studied the youthful face and found it hard to believe he was of legal drinking age.

“Maybe a small one.” Just as the words left his mouth, Patrick was on his feet, moving to the bar.

“Do you like cognac?” he called over his shoulder.

“Anything you’re having is fine,” Adam said, watching Patrick pour two small tumblers of the amber liquid. He carried them over, handing one to Adam. The smell of the sweet and woody aroma told Adam this was the expensive stuff. He watched Patrick swallow a large amount of the drink, not even flinching from the strong bite at the end.

“Six months ago, during our relationship, I found out Gavin was having sex with almost anyone he felt horny for.”

“How?”

“He invited me to one of the places where he would hook up; a bar called The Cave. Right away his friends, who I knew nothing about, were telling me how great he was in bed or how he always had the best fuck parties. I was shocked, and left humiliated, Gavin followed me and told me that it was my fault that he had to find sex someplace else. That I was being selfish in holding back.”

“He made you feel guilty.”

“Yeah, so, stupid me let him talk me into going back to his place. Just to talk he said. It wasn’t just to talk.”

“Was Gavin the first guy you had sex with?”

“No. But he was rough, and it was painful; I couldn’t wait for it to be over. I don’t know why anyone said he was great in bed. He was demanding and mean if I didn’t say I enjoyed it. He’d told me there was something wrong with me.”

“Did you tell anyone, your parents or a friend maybe?”

“I couldn’t. I was too embarrassed. Besides my mother’s health was poor, at the time. My father was stressed about that. I didn’t want to add to their worry.”

His tears fell so freely that Adam had to take his drink from his trembling hand and place it on the coffee table. He wanted to grab hold of Patrick and never let go but instead he took his hand and held it firmly, waiting for him to speak.

“Adam, I want you to know that being with you felt right. I wanted to stay with you that day.”

Adam knew he shouldn’t yield to his urges, but he kissed Patrick hard on the mouth, sending heat throughout their bodies. Patrick broke away first.

“No, Adam I need to tell you everything. Then after, if you want to be with me still, I would love that.”

“Okay,” Adam said, trying to get his breathing and pounding chest under control. “Go on then, tell me what happened after your first time with Gavin.” Patrick took a deep breath and released it through his mouth before answering.

“I wanted to leave him after the first time but Gavin sweet talked his way back; saying now that we’ve bonded that things between us will only get stronger.”

“Did you believe him?”

“I was lonely, and in a bad place; he was willing to put up with me.”

Adam wanted to tell Patrick that there was nothing wrong with him. That as far as he was concerned, Patrick was perfect, and Gavin was the screw-up. But he still needed answers.

“Tell me about the store on the first floor and the door that led to Gavin’s apartment.”

Patrick rose and poured himself another drink as Adam just enjoyed the flavored water the droid, Poe, brought them. He watched Patrick and noticed the twenty-one-year-old was an experienced drinker. He showed no signs of intoxication. Patrick sat down and swallowed another mouthful before setting his glass down.

“The door you mentioned? I didn’t know about it. The room, which it led to was always locked. One night, when I was dressing for a cabaret theme, I noticed people going behind the curtain where I and two others guys went to change. The stairs that led to the room was blocked off by a false wall. Gavin said it was an unfinished part of the room.”

“There were pictures.”

“Yeah, Gavin charged his friends for a photo with me. I told him some of the men kept touching me inappropriately when I posed with them, so he stood in the photo with me. It kept the other men in check.”

“Were the men all his hipster friends?”

“At first they were. Then Gavin invited men outside of his circle. I don’t believe Gavin knew them very well. At first it was just me dressing up as a female. The two other performing males came with the new men Gavin allowed in. They always came dressed in masquerade masks. I never saw their faces.”

“Do you know any names?”

“No. They didn’t know mine, either. We all used stage names.”

“What about the room upstairs?”

“He was renting it out to those men.” Patrick seized his glass and drained the remaining brown liquid. He placed it on the table, craving for another. Once the liquid hit his stomach, he continued. “Fantasies were what those men wanted, and Gavin was granting their wishes, for a profit.

“Did you grant any of their wishes?”

“Are you judging me like Detective Cutter?” he snapped, rising and walking towards the water view hugging himself. “Because if you are, you can go now.”

“Patrick,” Adam stood, but kept his distance. “I had to ask. You could have gone to your father. He is a powerful man.”

“I know the power my father has. But I wanted to find my own way out. If my father knew what I let Gavin, do to me, he would have sent me out of the country.”

“So, now Gavin’s dead.” Patrick looked at Adam and then over at the bar. His dry throat craved a drink, but he decided against it as he walked back over to Adam.

“You think it’s my fault?” Patrick asked, clasping his thumbs between his fingers into a mock fist. Adam took one of Patrick’s shaking hands into his own.

“I think things got out of hand. I’m trying to help you, even if you don’t want my help.”

“The police think different. They believe I mastermind everything,” he said.

“How do you know Jay?”

“He works at the convention hall in the food court. He comes to all the Cosplays dressed from head to toe as some solider or knight either from fantasy or sci-fi, always in a mask, but it’s not him.”

“Was he at every one of Gavin’s events?”

“Yeah, but he just watched and got his picture taken with me and the others.”

“What’s his full name?”

“Jay Marcel.”

“You wouldn’t happen to know his address?”

“No.”

“Did you tell Detective Cutter about this?”

“No.”

“Listen, the police need to know this information. They need to talk to Jay, to see if he has an alibi.”

“Are they going to arrest me?”

“I’m sure your father’s lawyer will prevent that.”

“Yeah, father is…well—”

“Intimidating?”

“I was going to say assertive.” Patrick raised his eyebrow.

“That’s what I meant,” Adam smiled, wrapping his arms around Patrick’s waist. Patrick looked surprised as Adam leaned in for a kiss, but denied him when he leaned back from the hug.

“So I take it that you’re done questioning me?” asked Patrick.

“Well, yes unless there is something else you’re not telling me?”

“No. So you’re going to take my case and help clear my name?”

“Yes, now give me your mouth.”

Patrick smiled as he obeyed Adam and surrendered his lips. They kissed as if their lives depended on it. Patrick ran his fingers through Adam’s soft locks as Adam enjoyed kneading Patrick’s ass through his jeans. Adam glided his hand down Patrick’s lower back, and slipped past his waist band touching naked flesh. He broke their kiss, still holding Patrick.

“We have too many clothes on.”

“Well then,” said Patrick, breaking free of Adam’s grip and walking over to the stairs. He tugged off the tee and tossed it aside. He scaled a few steps, then stopped and yanked down his jeans to his ankles, kicking them away. He stood bare to Adam, who watched with lust in his mind. “Do you want me Adam?”

“Yes.” Adam began tugging at his clothes as his cock throbbed for attention.

Patrick climbed the remaining steps, not taking his eyes off of Adam, who followed him up the stairs, naked.

“Well you protect—all of this?” he waved at his slim and fit body.

“All of that and more,” Adam promised. Patrick saw that he was getting closer. When he reached the top of the stairs, he hurried down the hallway towards his bedroom. Adam moved fast, catching up with him as Patrick opened a set of double doors and reviled his arousing bedroom. It featured wall to wall carpeting, a raised king size bed, with pillar bedposts that was displayed against the far wall with an ocean view behind it. An oversize round ottoman sat in the middle of the room under a black chandelier.

Adam caught Patrick and held him close as he ravished his neck with bites and kisses. He leaned close to Patrick’s ear, breathing into it.

“Tell me what you want?” Adam demanded.

Patrick answered right away. “I want you to fuck me, Adam. I want you to do whatever you want to me.”

“Are you sure this is what you want?”

“Yes, please, Adam, don’t stop,” Patrick begged.

Adam turned him and pushed him chest down onto the ottoman, positioning him to kneel. He parted Patrick’s legs with his own as he leaned down and spread his freshly washed ass cheeks, shoving his face between them. He lapped at Patrick’s velvet hole, nibbling on the sensitive flesh near it, causing Patrick to flinch and wiggle.

Adam held Patrick’s hips as he continued to enjoy the taste of him, sliding his tongue in and out of the chamber.

Patrick’s body trembled from the sensations Adam’s mouth was causing. He clenched the sides of the ottoman as his cock grew between the cushion and his body. Adam raised his bottom up, so he was able to grasp the growing organ and taste the heavenly nectar leaking from its hole. Patrick’s body tingled as Adam polished his cock with his hot mouth and used his fingers to work open Patrick’s constricted asshole.

“Adam please; it’s too much, you’re going to make me cum too soon.”

Adam, paused to respond to his companion’s concern.

“Cum now if you want; I’ll just make you cum again later.”

He returned to deep throating Patrick, who fought to hold his release. Adam entered four fingers into him, causing him to cry out when the digits worked like a jackhammer, bringing him over the edge and his seed down Adam’s throat.

Adam accepted the gift, swallowing every drop. Patrick went limp, breathing deeply as his heart pound in his chest. Adam rose, helped Patrick to his feet. and walked him to the bed. Patrick rested his head against Adam’s chest.

He laid him down gently and looked longingly at him. Patrick never believed he might ever feel this safe with anyone again. He wanted Adam, and he believed Adam wanted him.

“This is going to sound crazy, but I think I’m falling in love with you?” Patrick confessed. Adam leaned down and kissed his soft, inviting lips. Patrick tensed as Adam said nothing in return and started to regret his childish outburst.

“Adam, I just meant—”

“You love me,” he repeated, kissing Patrick again. “And here I thought I was crazy to think the same thing.”

“What?”

“I… love…you.” Adam punctuated each word with a kiss. This time the kiss continued for a moment as Patrick ran his fingers through Adam’s hair and Adam gathered Patrick in his arms, pushing his tongue further into Patrick’s mouth. They parted and took in needed air, as Adam’s eyes wandered to Patrick once limp cock that now stood ready for another round.

“I see you’re ready for more.”

“I want to suck you now.”

“As much as I would love to feel your lips sliding up and down on me., ny cock wants deeper attention right now. Where’s your condoms and lube?”

“Right here in the stool.” Patrick leaned over the edge of the bed, and opened a hidden drawer holding condoms and a small bottle of lube. He grabbed what he needed, and handed the lube to Adam, and laid on his back.

Adam pushed Patrick’s legs up and back, raising Patrick’s bottom off the mattress. He poured the lube onto Patrick’s hole, using his cock to rub it around. Patrick opened the condom with his teeth and unrolled it onto Adam’s manhood, down to the base. Adam aimed his pride at Patrick’s entrance and pushed into the velvet gate with ease.

Patrick arched his back, but didn’t clench his ass as he welcomed Adam inside of him. Adam’s balls touched Patrick’s smooth bottom. He kissed Patrick hard on the mouth as he slowly pulled out, then slammed back inside. Patrick reached down and grasped one of Adam’s thighs, helping to add to the thrust. Patrick broke the kiss to beg his lover.

“Adam, don’t hold back. Fuck me so I can feel you for days.”

Patrick’s words seemed to work as Adam thrust into him with increased speed. Patrick moaned his delight as Adam kissed, licked and bit the tender flesh around his neck.

Adam shifted him to his side placing one leg on his shoulder and scissors him, fisting his willing partner’s cock. Patrick’s head tossed side to side as the new position increased his cries.

“Yes Adam—like that. Fuck me!” Patrick moaned, as Adam reached his tolerance and released into the tight space. Patrick felt the rush inside him as Adam milked him dry. When Adam released his legs and he slipped free, Patrick wanted to taste Adam. He raised up and pulled the condom free from Adam’s semi-hard cock, dropping his mouth onto it and tasting Adam’s essences. Adam lies down and watched Patrick’s experienced tongue and lips work him over. He placed his hand on the back of Patrick’s head, pushing it further down to feel the back of his throat.

That is until his cell rang. Patrick continued to suck as the cell went to voicemail. Then it sounded again. Adam had a strange feeling that he should answer it, but Patrick was clouding his judgment as again the cell went to voicemail. But the third time the phone rang, even Patrick stopped to look towards the sound. Sadly, Adam’s cock responded by relaxing to the interruption.

“Okay, I better get that.”

“But what if it’s the police?”

“Why would it be them?”

“Maybe they followed you?”

“No one followed me here; you’re safe. I’ll be right back.” Adam climbed off the bed and left Patrick kneeling with a look of concern on his face.

He walked out of the bedroom towards the stairs trying to remember where he got rid of his coat. He saw it at the bottom of the stairs. He hurried down and picked it up fishing his cell from the inside pocket. The caller ID was Justin’s.

“Hey, sorry what’s up?”

“Adam?” said Justin whose voice sounded lifeless.

“Yeah, Justin you got something for me?” No reply. “Justin what’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong?” asked a harsh voice Adam didn’t recognize. “What the fuck are you doing with him when he belongs to me?” he snapped. “You’ve got no right to fuck him.”

“Who the hell is this?”

“Come on detective, you figure it out.”

“Where’s Justin?”

“Justin’s not who’s important to me detective. You had your filthy hands on my Patrick. Now you’re standing there, ass naked, worrying about another man?”

“Are you the Harlequin?” Adam asked, wondering why he didn’t disguise his voice this time.

“What do you think?”

Adam dropped his coat and grabbed his jeans turning to go back upstairs to Patrick.

“Don’t fucking move, you prick!” he screeched. “If you tell Patrick it's me, I’ll do nasty things to Justin.”

“Okay, what do you want?” Adam blurted out.

“Shut up and listen! You’re going to get Patrick and bring him to me. Or say goodbye to your employee. And I promise, I will take my time listening to him scream, begging me to finish him.”

“Don’t hurt him,” Adam said in a calm voice.

“I don’t want to, so don’t give me a reason. Go get that slut and once it’s dark bring him back to the graveyard. There’ll be a note attached to the north gate by the grave with a headstone of a sleeping dog. Follow it, and we’ll do an exchange. I see any cops, or if you want to play hero, I will end Justin’s life. Understand?”

“Understood.” The line went dead. Adam walked back to the room where Patrick was waiting.

“Was it bad news?” asked Patrick, seeing the concerned look on Adam’s face. He climbed off the bed and closed the gap between him and Adam.

“I need you to come with me,” Adam was screaming inside his head as he spoke to Patrick in a still voice.

“To where, the police?”

“Do you trust me?”

“Of course I do.”

“Then get dressed and come with me.”

“Alright.”

Patrick walked out as Adam tugged on his pants. Adam had realized they were being watched and that Patrick lied to him about being the only one he ever let into this place. As he fastened his jeans, he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. A wall in the far corner was closing.

Adam needs to help Justin.
D.D. Watson 2014
  • Like 8
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..