Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,082 Words
  • 2,042 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Harlequin - 24. Chapter 24

Adam questions Patrick.

Adam kept his eyes on the road as he drove in silence. Patrick looked over at him, but Adam refused to even acknowledge him with a glance.

“Where are we going?” Patrick asked, annoyed with Adam’s sudden coldness towards him. Adam wondered what was happening to Justin, who was alone with the Harlequin. His stomach knotted at the thought of him being raped or tortured. His hands clenched the steering wheel as he tried to control the anger that flourished inside of him.

“Adam,” said Patrick, but Adam only heard a whisper as he tried to figure out a way of getting this guy without exchanging Patrick for Justin. “Adam!” Patrick’s voice was louder this time, snapping Adam back.

“What is it?” he asked, bitterly.

“Slow the fuck down! You’re doing 70!” Patrick pointed at the speedometer. Adam checked and saw that he was right. He slowed his jeep down to 35mph. “Pull over!” Patrick barked, shaking his head in disbelief. Adam pulled into a parking lot next to a movie theater. Once the car stopped, Patrick climbed out of the Viper, leaving the passenger side door open, and started walking away.

“Patrick, wait! Adam called, jumping out of the car and following him. After hearing Adam’s voice, Patrick slowed his steps as Adam caught up, matching his pace. “I need to ask you about the killer.” Patrick shot him an ‘are you kidding me?’ look.

“Adam, I don’t know what went wrong back at my place, but you’re acting like someone with a split personality. One minute you have your tongue in my mouth, the next you can’t even look at me. So you know what? I’ll take my chances with the cops.” He started to walk faster when Adam grabbed his arm and stopped him in his tracks. “Let go, Adam!”

“You lied to me!” Adam accused, watching his reaction.

“About what?”

“About me being the only man you had in your place.”

“Okay, now you’re acting like a controlling bastard.” He tried again to pull away, but Adam held firm tugging him towards him. “Damnit Adam, you’re hurting me. let go!”

“He’s watching you!”

“Who’s watching me?”

“You should know. The person who called me back at your place, who paid me a visit at my office, and tried to strangle me in my elevator.”

“Someone tried to strangle you? When?” Patrick relaxed as Adam released him.

“Today. After I found out about the door from Gavin’s apartment to the store below.”

Patrick examined Adam’s neck, and what he thought was marks from the first fight Adam had with the Harlequin, and possible love bites Patrick had made when he spent the night in Adam’s bed.

“Are you…Well, I can see you’re alright but…this is because of me?”

“Patrick has anyone other than me or family been in your condo?”

“Only Shilo, my mother’s butler, and the cleaning staff. But they only do cleaning and restocking, I swear. You were the only one I ever invited."

“What about a repairman?”

“No. Poe can fix anything that’s wrong with the place. A hole in the wall, a dripping faucet, ordering food, and even signing for a package.”

“How did you get Poe?”

“An old friend created him for me, so I’d have someone around. I wanted my own place, but I don’t like being alone.”

“Could this friend have rigged Poe to spy on you?”

“No—at least I hope not.”

“Who gave him to you?”

“An old college professor from when I spent time in Germany. He’s working here in town at a local college.” Patrick glanced away, not wanting to add too much about his past relationship with his professor.

“Is there anything else you can tell me about him?”

“Why Adam? What’s the point?”

“The Harlequin kidnaped my assistant Justin, and he wants me to exchange you for him.”

Patrick took a step back, feeling a cold chill shoot up his spine. Adam started to reach for him, but feared he’d flinch and bolt.

“Patrick I’m not going to hand you over.”

“Do it.”

“Wait…what?”

“Do it Adam. You have to, or he might hurt Justin.”

“No, Patrick.”

“You have no choice.” He reached out and grabbed Adam’s coat. “I won’t let him hurt anyone else.”

“Okay, we have time. I don’t have to have you there until sundown.”

“Do you have a plan?”

“I think so, but I need you to tell me everything about this professor.”

“He’s a sadist. He likes full control over another person.”

“So he practices S&M?”

“Yeah.”

“So do you know where he lives?”

“Well, when he gave Poe to me, he was living on the college campus, but he told me it was only temporary.”

“How long ago?”

“A year.”

“So, did you ever let him—”

“Did I let him whip and fuck me? No.”

“Look Patrick, I know that was none of my business.”

“He was twenty years older than me. I’m not into men who are as old as my dad.”

“I need to call A.J,” Adam said, a bit confused that Patrick didn’t deny his preference of S&M.

“Why?”

“To give him the heads up. Now what’s this professor’s name?”

“So the police can still arrest me? No way.”

“Patrick, someone’s life is in danger.”

“Adam you’re a detective. You can investigate this yourself without me, your client, going to jail.”

“Okay, then tell me, his name.”

“Not yet.”

“What?”

“How can I trust you won’t just call that detective?” Adam stared at Patrick in complete astonishment.

“Patrick, I need his name.”

“Not true. You’re going to exchange me for Justin. Then arrest the Harlequin and become a hero. My father will respect you, and be happy that his only child is with someone who can and will protect him.”

“I can’t put you in danger.”

“You have to—Justin is depending on you.”

“Okay, first, let’s get out of this cold.” Adam walked Patrick back to his rental car, and opened the door for him. Adam knew he wasn’t getting anywhere with Patrick, so he decided to text A.J. what he found. Patrick started to climb in when Adam grabbed his waist, and pulled him in for a kiss that Patrick did not refuse. This cleared Adam’s mind, triggering his memory. He broke free and looked at Patrick. “Holy shit, I think Justin knows your guy.”

“How?”

“You said he built Poe?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Because I think Justin is driving his car.”

Patrick is Adam's side kick for now. Will Adam be able to find Justin in time?
D.D. Watson 2014
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..