Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 5,008 Words
  • 3,555 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Good Guys Finish Last - 11. Chapter 11

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. I knew it was pretty late and I wondered where Derek was since he wasn’t in the bed with me anymore. I had reached over to find a cool empty spot where he should have been. Not the best way to wake up when I was still scared that I’d drive Derek away.

“I’m a little stir crazy.” Derek said causing me to jump. He was standing by the door in a towel. “I mean you’re nice and all but I just can’t be cooped up all the time.”

“What do you wanna do then?” I asked sliding off the bed and standing.

“I don’t know.” Derek said scratching his head. “We’re young and here we are acting like old men.”

“Yeah.” I said laughing slightly. “I guess we are.”

“Go take a shower and I’ll cook us some breakfast.” Derek ordered then I passed him to go do what he said. When I got out he was already well into finishing breakfast. I watched him finish and realized that all of this happened pretty fast. I finally didn’t stop and think about everything and it got me here. I was watching a guy in my house. I was out to my friends. My mother had died and so did my dog. I realized that I was free from all the ties that were weighing me down. I just needed to find the happiness to get up and take everything that I wanted.

“Smells good.” I offered sitting down at the table finally.

“Waffles.” Derek shrugged, “I thought we’d have a quick breakfast then decide on doing something.”

“Am I boring?” I asked and he turned and looked at me.

“No.” Derek answered smiling. “We’re both boring.”

“I guess.” I sighed shrugging. “I’m just trying to digest all this.”

“Are you ok?” Derek asked grabbing two plates and walking over to me. He placed one on the table in front of me and then he sat the other beside my plate. Then he sat down beside me still looking at me. He had grabbed his fork, but he was waiting patiently.

“Yeah.” I answered, “It’s still just a lot you know. Of new stuff.”

“Yeah and most of it bad right?” Derek asked rubbing his leg up against mine under the table.

“Yeah.” I answered agreeing. Most of it that happened was bad. “I don’t want you think that the only reason I’m here with you now is that you’re the only good thing going for me right now though.”

“I don’t.” Derek offered dropping his fork on the table then put his arm around me. “If I thought that then I would have left for real.”

“Good.” I said leaning into him slightly. “Because I wouldn’t want you to stay if it was like that.”

“So. What do you think we should do today?” Derek asked changing the subject.

“I don’t really know.” I answered, “I mean Julie usually has stuff planned.”

“Oh.” Derek said. “Well maybe we should wait until she gets here.”

“Has she already called?” I asked groaning slightly.

“No.” Derek answered laughing. “But she’s running a little late.”

“Well let’s hurry and get out of here.” I said eating a little faster. I wanted Derek and I do have some alone time out of the house if anything. I still didn’t know of anything to do here. I knew that there was a pretty decent water park in the area, but we would probably run into someone that I’d know. Most wouldn’t talk to me if they did see me, but I still wasn’t completely comfortable with everyone knowing. I mean we did live in a smaller town. People love to gossip here as well. When we were finally finished we both got dressed.

“Um, where are we going?” Derek asked as he watched me tie my shoes.

“I don’t know.” I answered, “So grab some trunks just in case we go to the water park.”

“Ok.” Derek said as he started rummaging through his bags. I saw the picture of that guy again and I didn’t like that he still carried it around. If they were over I thought he’d not want to.

“Do you still have feelings for that guy?” I asked curiously.

“What guy?” Derek asked looking up at me. He was still looking for his trunks.

“The guy you keep carrying around.” I answered watching him. He stopped and looked at me and I wanted to look away, but I didn’t. He wasn’t smiling when he looked up at me. “I’m sorry if I asked something that I shouldn’t have.”

“No.” Derek said quickly.

“No what?” I asked carefully he finally found his swimming shorts and zipped us his bag.

“No, I don’t have feelings for him anymore.” Derek answered shaking his head. “I didn’t the day he decided to change for his parents.”

“Oh.” I said standing then walking to the door. “Sorry I asked.”

“Don’t apologize.” Derek said offering me a smile. “I say if you had pictures stashed away of your exes I’d ask you the same thing.”

“Well it is a little weird I must admit.” I said lightly. “Not that you’re weird or anything.”

“I packed everything up that I had in my room and it just happened to still be in my room.” Derek defended then gently pushed me out of my room. “Let’s get this show on the road.”

“So are you out to your parents?” I asked looking back at him before starting down the stairs.

“Yeah.” Derek answered a little colder than I had expected. “Part of the reason I’m now staying with friends.”

“They kicked you out?” I asked with out thinking.

“They thought I needed to change that little thing about me so I left.” Derek shrugged as we got to the front door.

“I’m sorry.” I offered looking at him.

“It’s ok.” He said opening the front door. “They’ll get over it.”

“I guess.” I said and he shook his head.

“Are we actually going to leave?” Derek asked looking out the open front door. I had started staring at him.

“Oh, yeah.” I said snapping out of it and walking through the door. Derek followed me then I got into the passengers seat of his car and he go in.

“Where to?” He asked and I shrugged.

“Just drive around I guess.” I answered and he started the car and we were off. I knew we would more than likely end up at the water park, but I wasn’t sure of what Derek was into. It was sad though. That his parents didn’t approve. I didn’t know how dad would react to me knowing. I didn’t really care if he ever knew. Maybe if I and him ever changed our relationship around I would feel the need to tell him. I couldn’t trust him right now though. I didn’t have the resources to trust him.

“Well hey want to drive up to my town?” Derek asked after a few minutes of silence and looking around. “It’s nothing nice or anything.”

“Ok.” I said turning to look at him. “It’s a plan I guess.” Derek then turned into the direction of his town. I knew he lived north of here, but I wasn’t sure of where. He talked about his hometown the whole way up there. He didn’t leave anything out. All the stories of his neighbors. It was a lot like my town with almost the same personalities just the names were new to me.

“So are you going to show me your house?” I asked curiously and he glanced over at me.

“I don’t know about that.” He answered then he pointed to the sign. It said, entering Ledgerton. I remember coming here once when our high school was playing for the state championships.

“I’ve been here before.” I said and he nodded.

“I know you’ve been here before.” Derek said, “You played here your junior year I think.”

“Yeah.” I responded, “You remember me from that?”

“Well you did score thirty points that game.” Derek said laughing slightly. “You were pretty awesome.”

“I guess.” I shrugged modestly. I wanted to forget how good I was. That part of my life was more than over. I didn’t want to have any regrets from that as well.

“You should really go somewhere and play.” Derek said and he was starting to sound like Julie.

“I don’t really want to anymore.” I answered him sighing. There was a nice little diner right beside a gas station. It was pretty much all they had up here. The houses were small, but nice. Just like the ones at our town.

“Well ok.” Derek said, “This is pretty much it. My home.”

“Did you have friends here?” I asked curiously. He left himself out of his story on the way up here. I wondered why that was.

“Oh yeah.” Derek answered rolling his eyes. “They pretty much dropped me before I left.”

“Why?” I asked raising an eyebrow. Derek was pretty much abandoned by everyone before he left. It made me wonder if he was just running away and settling. I had wanted to do that a lot over the years. I think many people do that live in these towns. They cannot escape anyone and everyone knows all of your business.

“I don’t really know, they just stopped calling me and stuff.” Derek responded vaguely.

“Really?” I asked staring over at him.

 

“Look.” Derek said gently. “I don’t want to talk about it anymore.”

“Later then.” I said then turned to look ahead.

“Want to pass some football in the park?” Derek asked as we approached a park.

“I didn’t bring a ball.” I answered shrugging.

“I keep one in the trunk.” Derek said then slowed down as to not pass it. “It’s whatever you want to do.”

“Ok.” I said, “We can do that. I need to stretch anyway.” He pulled in and parked. Like the park at my house there was no one here. I wasn’t wanting to pass a football really. I wanted to see the places that were important in Derek’s up bringing. He didn’t want to talk about those though. I wondered how his life really was like here. I know mine was spotless, but I got the idea that his wasn’t. Possibly far from a life that he was living back at my home. I realized then that I didn’t really know that much about him. Even if we were talking about our lives.

“Coming?” He asked as I hadn’t got out of the car.

“Yeah.” I said nodding then opened my door and got out. He shut it behind me then jogged ahead of me.

“Go long.” He ordered playfully.

“I can’t catch a football.” I said then he motioned for me to run and I took off running. He threw the football further than I actually was so I ran and tried to catch it. Done a silly move leaving the ground and missed terribly. “I told you.”

“You’ll get the next one.” Derek encouraged. He was laughing at my first attempt and I picked up the ball and threw it. He caught my throw. I had thrown it right to him. Then he threw it back. I noticed that his throws were perfect spirals every time. Mine were pretty shaky and sometimes a little short. He was always moving a little to catch mine, but I only had to move inches to catch his.

“Did you used to play football?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah, a little.” Derek answered and he caught the ball.

“Oh.” I answered getting a little worried about him. He was always so vague with me. I didn’t see it in the beginning, but I was starting to. I needed to know everything I could about him. What I knew I liked. A few minutes later I was too hot to play anymore. I had worked up a good sweat and walked up to where he was standing. I had the ball in my hand.

“Done?” He asked and I smiled.

“Yeah, show me some other things.” I said looking around. “I want to know what you did when you were little and where you did them.”

“Well this is pretty much it.” Derek said outstretching his arms and looking around. “This park was where everything was.”

“So you stayed here all day and everyday?” I asked crossing my arms. “What’s wrong?”

“I already told you that I didn’t want to talk about it right now.” Derek said a little stronger than I have heard him get with me.

“Ok.” I said giving up. “I don’t want to ruin the whole day.”

“Let’s go home.” Derek said and I turned and walked towards the car. I knew I didn’t want to ruin today, but I knew it was going to end badly anyway. I didn’t like seeing him to tormented by something. Especially something that happened while he was here. I wanted to know what made him what he was. Also if anything brought him to me. I wanted to know the reasons why he ended up in my house with me. I didn’t know those things, but I was ok with it. I was getting over the death of my mother.

“Do you want to go to the water park?” I asked after we started back home.

“No, not really.” He answered, he has sped up his driving quite a bit. “I’m not good with crowds.”

“You were fine at the party.” I stated crossing my arms.

“How would you know that?” He asked flatly and I turned to look out the window. I didn’t know if he was or not. He looked pretty damn social though. When we got home I got out of the car as soon as he turned off the engine and I shut the door behind me not looking back at him. I got into the house and I started stripping my clothes off preparing to take a shower and get the sweat off of me. When I was fumbling with my pants he came in and he grabbed my hips.

“Don’t.” I said gruffly then stood stepping out of my pants. I took hold of his hands so that he couldn’t wrap them around my waist.

“Don’t what?” He asked then moved his hands up my sides.

“Let go.” I protested and he let his hands drop. I thought he was done so I went to take a step away from him until he pushed me onto the couch. Then he grabbed my shoulder and gently turned me around to where I could see him. He looked tentative at first then lowered his head to kiss me. I moved and he kissed the corner of my mouth.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered and when I turned to ask him something he lowered his face again and we kissed. At first I didn’t return it. I didn’t like when I was pissed and people tried to change the way I felt. He kept kissing me though until I started kissing him back. Then he moved his hands from holding me against the couch to removing his shirt. I heard to thuds against the floor so I knew he had taken off his shoes. Then he stopped kissing me to remove his shirt over his head and I helped him with it when he was having trouble. He looked down at me smiling and blushing slightly. I laughed and he rolled his eyes before lowering himself down onto me kissing me again. I reached up with one hand and ran my fingers through his hair. Then I heard his belt buckle jingle then his pants unzip. He then backed away and pulled them off of him. While he sat back to pull them off his legs I got up and pushed him down on the couch getting on top of him. I was wondering about sex and how to go at it. I was surprised at how naturally it came. I reached down and helped him remove his pants then I sat up on the couch.

“Lets go get the sweat off of us.” I said then he nodded slowly and we stood and walked up to the bathroom leaving the living room a mess. When we entered the bathroom I pulled down my boxer briefs and stepped into the shower. He followed me and I turned on the water. At first the cold water hit my back and I shuddered under it. It caused Derek to laugh at me then he wrapped up and started kissing my neck. I then felt him reach for the body wash behind me. He then took a step back and put some soap on his hands and lathered them up. Then He started rubbing down my body. The smell was strong and I turned around when he started going lower on me. He started rubbing my back then. I took the body wash bottle from him and put some in my hands and when I turned back around to face him his hands went down to my hardness and I jumped at first then I placed my soapy hands on his stomach as he looked at me. I started washing him and when he was finished he moved on to my legs leaving me a little disappointed. Then I followed his performance and did what he did to me. He had the same reaction as I did. Then we stepped into the spray of the shower together washing the soap off. Then we washed our own hair quickly then got out of the shower. I went to dry myself off in the bathroom, but Derek impatiently pulled me dripping into my bedroom and we jumped onto the bed.

“You’re hot when you look at me like that.” Derek whispered and I didn’t know how I was looked up at him. I was actually wondering where we were going to sleep tonight since we were both wet. It would make the bed too wet to sleep on later. I then closed my eyes when he took hold of me and started kissing down my body. Then I felt him replace his hand with his mouth and I arched my back and took hold of his soaked hair. A few minutes of this and I knew I wouldn’t last, but he stopped and I felt him get off me. He then dug into his bag and he brought out a condom and a bottle of lube. He placed the condom over me and then rubbed the lube on me. Then he crawled up my body. I didn’t know what the hell I was doing though. He noticed too and smiled.

“I don’t know what to…” I started then I felt him grab hold of my dick just long enough to push himself back against it. It still took some force before I would enter him, but when I did we both moaned. It was nothing I have felt before. Then he sat a little straighter and started rocking himself against me and I instinctively started thrusting my hips forward. He was moaning and it was loud. I thought I could have been hurting him.

“You’re doing so good.” He whimpered then placed his hands on my chest massaging my pecks. I then reached and placed my hands on his hips. I was getting close to losing it. Then he pulled off of me and pulled me up with him. “I want you to take over.”

“How?” I asked blushing slightly.

“Just do it.” He answered and I grabbed his hips following orders. I placed myself behind him as he took hold of my headboard. I pushed back into him and started thrusting my hips. He started meeting me half way and I quickened my pace a little. I started breathing heavier and I didn’t know if I had started sweating again or if my hair was still dripping. When I reached my limit it was too much for me and I leaned against him with my eyes closed tightly I moaned and hissed as loudly as I ever had then stopped thrusting. I then pulled out of him and laid back on the bed. I then rolled off of it and stepped into the bathroom and got rid of the condom. I walked back and saw him laying down his head at the bottom of the bed. I then got between his legs shoving his hand out of my way. “You don’t have to.”

“I want to.” I countered taking him into my mouth. A few times I know I didn’t my teeth out of the way and it caused him to hiss and jerk slightly. I finally got the rhythm that he liked down and he rubbed my shoulders and his hands through my hair until he warned me that he was close. I pulled back. I wasn’t ready for that yet. I then slowly jacked him off and licked up his stomach moving to his neck. I felt a hot liquid hit me as I kissed him and he moaned into my mouth. I got up and grabbed a towel in the bathroom. I cleaned myself up and tossed the towel to him and he cleaned himself as well then discarded the towel. He motioned for me to get back to bed and he covered both of us up. We were still at the bottom of the bed. We laid there in silence for a little while.

“That was nice.” He said finally.

“Did we just have angry sex?” I asked and he started laughing.

“I don’t know.” He answered looking down at me. “Where you mad?”

“A little.” I answered, “In the living room.”

“Oh.” He said laughing again.

“Tell me about your childhood.” I stated placing my head on his shoulder. “I want to know all about it.”

“Ok.” He said sighing. “You won’t like it though.”

“I don’t have to.” I said tracing my finger up and down his stomach until he grabbed my hand and held it.

“My dad was drunk a lot.” He started, “My mom stayed at grandma’s more than she did at home. I had two friends that were in the same shitty mess at their houses.”

“I’m sorry.” I offered frowning.

“No, let me finish while I have the nerve.” Derek said, “Later those friends got onto the same shitty path our fathers were on, I stayed their friends though. I played football in high school for two years before I met him.”

“Who?” I asked looking up to see him staring at the ceiling.

“The guy that’s in the picture.” He answered, “Chris.”

“Oh.” I said remembering what he looked like.

“Yeah, we started hooking up whenever we could until his parents started questioning him. Like I said.” Derek said. “Then right after graduation I had enough of living at home. I told my dad right before he passed out for the night that I’d be gone when he woke up. So then I packed everything that belonged to me up.”

“Then you stumbled into the store.” I said and he nodded. “Looking for a movie.”

“Yep.” He said lightly, “Then found a guy from the hostpital checking me out.”

“I wasn’t checking you out.” I said, “You noticed?”

“Well yeah.” Derek said, “You sat straight up in your chair when I walked in.”

“Oh well.” I sighed, “Who’s that you stayed with that one day?”

“That would be one of my few friends that wasn’t drunks.” Derek said, “But he doesn’t know that I’m gay or he’d hate me.”

“You don’t know that.” I said looking at him. “I thought that too until I told my friends.”

“No, he’s training to be a minister.” Derek said, “I’ve heard his views well enough to know that he’d hate me.”

“Oh.” I offered. I didn’t know how to react to him saying that. He didn’t sound like he was bothered by it. I didn’t think he’d be scared of what people really thought about him anyway. I remembered though that he was also the friend that Derek got drunk and I wondered what kind of minister did that, but I didn’t say anything.

“I know you think I’m running away from my problems.” Derek said and I moved so that I could look at him.

“I don’t think that anymore.” I responded and he smiled.

“Good.” Derek said nodding, “Because I wasn’t.”

“I know.” I said then he pulled me down and kissed me on the cheek.

“Want some dinner?” He asked sitting up.

“Yeah.” I said and we both got up out of bed. It was still wet from what we did earlier. We got dressed and he left the room. I took everything off the bed and got some new sheets from the closet. I made the bed back up and took the dirty sheets and put them into the washer. I then got myself dressed and walked down stairs. I was fixing to pick up our dirty clothes in the living room, but Julie came walking into the house so I tensed up as she looked at the floor then back up at me.

“You dirty little boys.” She said then to my horror a guy followed her into the house.

“Julie!” I hissed as the guy looked around the room. “Don’t you know how to knock on a damn door?”

“It doesn’t bother you.” She said shrugging. “You just didn’t want to get caught.”

“I wasn’t caught.” I said trying to act innocent.

“Oh yeah?” Julie asked then turned to the guy. “What do you think Brian?”

“Julie.” He groaned and his face turned bright red.

“See there, he agrees.” She said walking up to me. “Clean up this mess you have guests.”

“Uninvited.” I said and she smiled then Brian followed her into the kitchen. I hurried and grabbed the clothes. I then walked into the bathroom and grabbed our underwear and placed them all in the hamper before returning to find Julie laughing and Brian blushing all over again. He wasn’t going to survive her I thought.

“So, I stopped by earlier to ask if Brian could stop by later, but you two weren’t here.” Julie stated then looked at me. “What did the two of you do?”

“We went to a park.” I said shrugging.

“You two are gay?” Brian asked his voice squeaking slightly.

“Yeah.” Derek answered he was making soup for dinner.

 

“Charlie Williams. Gay.” Brian said looking up at me. That’s when I recognized him.

“Yeah.” I said sitting down at the table opposite of them.

“I would have guessed you would have ended up with either Julie or Sara.” He said, “I mean you were a god.”

“Well Derek is Sara’s cousin.” I said shrugging, “Pretty close don’t you think?”

“Oh please, do you really want to be part of that?” Julie asked grimacing. “Don’t bring her up.”

“Oh, I think I should invite her to live with me.” I said, “She’d be great for repelling all your unexpected visits.”

“Well if you’d learn to clean up after yourself I would have never known.” She said sticking her tongue out. “Champ.”

“Shut up.” I hissed and she laughed.

“So.” She said and I could literally see what she was about to ask. “Who was the receiver?”

“Julie!” Everyone groaned and it satisfied her completely.

“What?” She asked shrugging.

“Is Brian your midnight snack then?” I asked and she frowned.

“What?” Brian asked looking at Julie.

“Actually.” Julie said calmly. “Brian is a virgin.”

“Oh, man.” Brian sighed rubbing his eyes. “This is some weird shit.”

“Soup is ready.” Derek said and I heard Brian breathe a sigh of relief. Little did he know that food didn’t ever shut Julie up.

“I haven’t had that many midnight snacks.” Julie said pointedly.

“On a diet then?” Derek asked smirking.

“For a little while.” She said a little uncomfortably.

“Oh.” Derek said as we all took turns getting a bowl of soup. Then was all sat at the table and ate it.

“What did you two do at the park?” Julie asked changing the subject.

“We passed football.” I answered then took a bite.

“I didn’t see you at the park.” Brian said looking at me.

“We went to my hometown.” Derek responded and Julie looked at him.

“You took Charlie to see your parents?” Julie asked and I wanted to kick her under the table, but I didn’t.

“No, just to the park.” I answered for Derek who hadn’t. “Too weird to do that.”

“Oh, ok.” Julie said dropping it like I knew she would. She gets bored easily and likes switching things up a lot. We talked through dinner and then we all stayed sat at the table. By the time Brian and Julie left it was pretty late and I watched Derek yawn so we left the table cluttered with dirty dishes and walked upstairs to bed. I hugged closely too him and he reached over and turned off the light. I felt him kiss my forehead then he sighed.

“Goodnight Charlie.” He said sleepily.

“Goodnight.” I responded and his even breathing that I felt from having my hand on his stomach let me know that he was asleep. I stayed there though and thought about my life. How much it had changed. How much I missed my mom and how much Derek being here actually filled some of that void. I felt bad for his home life, but I couldn’t help but wonder that something more than us drove the two of us together. I wondered what else was in store for the two of us though. I was ready to find out though. I then finally let myself fall asleep.

Copyright © 2010 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

...ok I like Julie a lot but she has a big mouth. First at the park forcing him to come out, blurting stuff out at the party where anyone could hear, and now she brings a guy they don’t know over revealing his orientation to him. I mean I know she means well but we all have a right to come out when we are comfortable and to people we trust. Not everyone is accepting and spilling a friend’s secrets no matter what the secret is isn’t that good of a trait for a friend to have. I know she didn’t mean anything malicious by it but she needs to think before she speaks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..