Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 136 Words
  • 951 Views
  • 16 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I Am Fire - 1. Chapter 1

I Am Fire

 

I am fire

And you bring rain

There is a storm coming,

I can’t speak its name.

 

You don’t know,

How cold you are.

Your touch,

It chills my skin.

 

There used to be warmth,

Like the brightness of day,

Now there are clouds,

And I have lost my way.

 

I am fire,

You were scared I’d burn.

So you turned me cold.

And all went dark in turn.

 

I am fire

And I won’t last,

I only burn a short while,

It will end too fast.

 

You couldn’t hold me,

So you smothered me.

You couldn’t control me.

So you broke me down.

 

I couldn’t get away,

Your storm kept me still.

And now I’ll never know,

How a life should feel.


 

Copyright © 2014 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The fire met its nemesis, but I also see it as a love story. :) Very nice.

Link to comment

neatly done. a clear and effective metaphor. a rather sad story behind it, i'd guess. thanks for sharing.

Link to comment

I have to be honest. I read yours pretty early in the game but was hesitant to comment. So, I'm going with honesty. I felt a young earnest young person wrote this looking for help and pleaded within his soul. I loved it. Your writing is very fresh. I enjoyed it so much. At first, I didn't know what to say. After much thought. Here it is. Girl, you should write more poetry:)

Link to comment

I'm reading a story of a energetic person whose contact with a suffocating relationship brings them to a new low and steals their candor. Very poignantly told. Well done.

Link to comment

A hot lover in a relationship stymied be a colder, unfeeling soul. It happens all too often in relationship, but never explained as well as this. Nicely done.

Link to comment
On 05/02/2014 06:19 AM, Ashi said:
The fire met its nemesis, but I also see it as a love story. :) Very nice.
I wouldn't call it a love story. There may have been love at one point, but it was quickly tempered. I'm glad you read it and liked it Ashi. :)
Link to comment
On 05/02/2014 06:27 AM, carringtonrj said:
neatly done. a clear and effective metaphor. a rather sad story behind it, i'd guess. thanks for sharing.
Thanks Carringtonrj, for reading and reviewing. Most of my poems are pretty straight forward with clear meaning. I don't think I'm all that good with Poetry, so my poetry tends to be literal.
Link to comment
On 05/02/2014 11:30 AM, Cole Matthews said:
How heart rending! So very tragic. Really well done and illustrative. Great job and thanks!
Thanks Cole, I struggled writing this poem. I hoped I conveyed the right message, it was a pretty literal one. It doesn't even necessarily have to do with love and relationships, but over all it's sad to think about such a bright soul being controlled in such a way.
Link to comment
On 05/02/2014 11:18 AM, Bill W said:
A hot lover in a relationship stymied be a colder, unfeeling soul. It happens all too often in relationship, but never explained as well as this. Nicely done.
Aww, thanks Bill. Yes, I feel it happens all too often, for different reasons and it is sad when it happens. I'm glad you read and liked the poem. :)
Link to comment
On 05/02/2014 10:57 AM, Mann Ramblings said:
I'm reading a story of a energetic person whose contact with a suffocating relationship brings them to a new low and steals their candor. Very poignantly told. Well done.
Thanks Mann! :) Yeah, that is definitely the story I had in mind. I see it happen so many times. It's happened to me once or twice. Thank you for liking the poem.
Link to comment
On 05/02/2014 10:41 AM, joann414 said:
I have to be honest. I read yours pretty early in the game but was hesitant to comment. So, I'm going with honesty. I felt a young earnest young person wrote this looking for help and pleaded within his soul. I loved it. Your writing is very fresh. I enjoyed it so much. At first, I didn't know what to say. After much thought. Here it is. Girl, you should write more poetry:)
Aww don't be hesitant. It's just something that happens with people. The happy go lucky girl runs into a guy that tells her she's stupid.. etc. I see that happening all to often and I think it's just sad. It's sort of a hidden away poem that someone going through this won't share. Not to the person they're involved with, because usually in those relationships they think they're in love, when they're just scared. I hate seeing anyone feel controlled and confined, I know I hate the feeling. BUT, this is a poem that's not about me today, so no worries.. lol. I know I could have scared a few people that have read my other poems, because they were mostly about the hubby or my past.. in a way it is, but I got out of those situations pretty quickly, so they don't bother me today.
Link to comment
On 05/02/2014 02:33 PM, nostic said:

Krista, you're indeed fire that no one can tame. It was beautiful :)

Aww thank you. :) I wish everyone never be 'tamed,' especially in the name of 'love.'
Link to comment

Controlling people often smother others. I hate that they felt they had to stay instead of taking their chances to get beyond the storm and letting their flame burn bright again. Interestingly bittersweet Krista.

Link to comment
On 05/04/2014 01:19 PM, comicfan said:
Controlling people often smother others. I hate that they felt they had to stay instead of taking their chances to get beyond the storm and letting their flame burn bright again. Interestingly bittersweet Krista.
That's usually how it goes, right? The controlled see a glimmer of hope or a little bit of softness, so they stay to see more, not realizing they're fighting ghosts of the person they are with.. it is sad to see someone going through that. :) I'm glad you liked my poem. Thank you for reviewing.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..