Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 5,487 Words
  • 788 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story is an original work of gay and bisexual fiction. None of the people or events are real. While some of the town names used may be real, any other geographic references (school, events) are purely fictional. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is completely coincidental. This story depicts sexual situations between both young men, a young woman and a young man and a boy. If reading this is illegal where you reside, or you are not at least 18 years of age, you are reading at your own risk. This work is the property of the author, Lee R Wilson, and shall not be reproduced and/or re-posted without his permission.

Don't Blame The Band - 8. Ant Comes Home and Thursday is Surprise Day

I decided to cut this chapter a little short. I think when you get to the end of it you'll understand why. Seemed like a real hood stopping point.

Thursday October 13

I call over to Ant's as soon as I get home from school to see if he's home. I'm so fucking happy. He is.

"Going to Ant's mom. See you for dinner."

She says OK, but I'm already out the door. I'd be flying if I could. Even though I want to get there as soon as I can, I keep close to the speed limit, well, relatively close. I ring the doorbell and Mrs. Rossi lets me in. I say hi, stay there the minimum time that would be considered polite and run up the stairs to Ant's room. I think I hit every third step. It's a wonder I didn't fall back down the stairs and crack my head open on the tile floor.

"Oh, my God, I'm so glad you're home."

I flew into his room so fast, I slid on the floor and almost crashed into his dresser.

"It looks it. Come here, sit next to me. That is if you're not too excited to sit."

I take a second to take a breath and calm myself down. I succeed. A little. I sit next to him on his bed.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm good. The doctor said my lung sounds good, looked good on the x-ray. As close to back to normal as I'll ever be."

"Awesome. I'm guessing he wants you on bed rest for a couple days."

"Yes. Alone in bed."

"Spoil sport. I know, hands off for a while. Gonna miss you tomorrow night. Gabe has been picking up the bass pieces this week. We were hoping you'd be able to make it to the shows, at least until you kept getting extended another day."

"Yeah, tell the guys I'm sorry."

"I already told them I was sorry. It was my fault you had a relapse."

"We've been over this. It wasn't your fault."

"We'll just have to agree to disagree. I won't mention it again. But it was my fault."

"You're something else."

"If I wasn't something else, I'd be you, and there can't be two of you. That'd make what we do incest, or something."

"OK, where'd you get the drugs from and what did you take? He he."

"I'm just so happy you're home and doing better. I promise to not let you pound my ass until the doctor says it's OK."

He looks at me funny.

"What?"

"I'm NOT going to ask the doctor when it would be OK to pound your ass again."

"You want me to ask him? He he."

"No, he already gave me my do's and don'ts for the next month. Unfortunately, that's one of the last things to come off the don't list."

"It's OK, we'll survive. Better to take a month off than push it and... Nope, not gonna say it."

"I hear you. I am back to non-strenuous activities after the weekend. Gabe will only have to fill in for me this week. I can go back to school Monday, rehearsals. I figure French kissing will qualify too. So until Monday, we have to be really good. Short kisses. He he."

"Like this?"

I kiss him, maintaining lip contact for about 5 seconds.

"Mmmmm. Yeah, like that. I think. You better do it again."

This time I hold it for about 10 seconds.

"Yeah, I think that's a good limit. Plus it's easier to breathe when it's a simple kiss."

"God. It's so great just being with you again, and not in a hospital room. We really have to be careful Ant, at least for a little while. More recurrences and who knows what the impact will be."

"Not good, that's for sure. I plan on sticking to his rules for as long as I need to. I've had my fill of hospitals for a while."

Then, we're just sitting together quietly, holding hands, kissing every few minutes. I'm happy just being with him and it's obvious he feels the same. We chat a little, I tell him Andy and Cathy are going out tomorrow night, his advice was perfect. We listen to music, talk about making new music, etc., for about two hours.

"I hate to leave, but I have to go get dinner and get to rehearsal."

"I understand. Tell the guys hello. And tell Gabe to not be too good a replacement."

"I will. I love you. I'll stop by again tomorrow."

"I love you too Pete."

I get home and mom's just about finished getting dinner ready when the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it. Keep cooking, he he."

I get to the door and open it. It's the two detectives in charge of my assault case.

"Oh, hi detectives. Come in. Let me get my mother."

I head to the kitchen.

"Put dinner on hold mom. Detectives Smith and Wesson are here."

"You know that isn't their names."

"I know, but it sounds better than Liszt and Weston."

"Hello detectives. Would you like a coffee or something?"

"No, we're fine Mrs. Daggett, Pete. We won't take up much of your time, just wanted to give you an update on the case."

"Alright."

"We've gotten a positive ID on one of the suspects. We're checking into his known associates now to see who may match the descriptions of the other three. Are you OK Pete?"

I got very shaken when he said positive ID.

"Um, yeah. I was almost hoping they'd never be found. I'm not looking forward to seeing them in court."

"Well, we're not to that point yet. If we can identify at least one more of the perpetrators, we can bring them in and interview them, play them one against the other. With any luck they'll accept plea bargains from the DA."

"That would be nice."

"Is the one you've identified local?"

"Yes, he lives in town. I obviously can't share any more, ongoing investigation and all that. We just wanted to stop by and let you know where everything stands. We'll be back when we have more."

"Thank you detectives. And if it gets to it, I'm sure my son will face them in court."

"Thanks. Have a good evening."

I can't wait for them to leave. I'm feeling as sick to my stomach as I did in the garage of that warehouse.

"I forgot to tell Ant something, plus fill him in on this."

"OK, don't take long, dinner will be ready in a couple minutes."

"I'll be quick."

I head to the phone in dad's study so mom won't hear.

"Hi Mrs. Rossi, can I talk to Ant for a minute? I forgot to tell him something when I was there."

"I'll check, but I think he fell asleep,"

"Oh, OK. Don't wake him then, it can wait."

"I'll have him call you later."

"Thanks. Bye."

I head back to the kitchen and sit down to eat with mom. As is fairly common, she sets a plate aside for dad. He usually gets home about the time I get to Eddie's. I know I'm going to be way distracted after the cops' visit. At least I can tell them it's because Ant is home.

Rehearsal goes well. The guys are all happy Ant is home and will be rejoining them starting Monday. Gabe is also happy he'll only have to do 2 shows playing bass.

I'm home for about 20 minutes when Ant calls back.

"Missed me so much you had to call a half hour after you left?"

"Yes, but that's not why I called. Your uncle fucked up."

"What do you mean?"

"The detectives were here earlier. They got a positive ID on one of my attackers."

"Can't be. They have the wrong guy."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah, remember when we walked into the 'restaurant,' the one guy recognized you and said 'oh fuck?' Would he have said that if he wasn't the right guy?"

"I guess."

"Why would he be afraid just because you walked in otherwise? He think you were going to beat him up for no reason?"

"OK. You convinced me."

"That and don't you think you'd recognize the guy's voice who said 'hey faggot'?"

"Yeah?"

"So if they want you to identify one of them based on that, none of them will be the right guy. I told you, don't worry about it. My uncle was 100% sure."

"OK. I mean I freaked out a little when the one cop said they had a positive ID. Fortunately, he believed me when I said I didn't want to face them in court."

"Which is perfectly understandable."

"Thanks. You've eased my mind."

"Good. Now go kick ass tomorrow night."

"You got it. I love you Ant. Goodnight."

"I love you too. 'Night."

Friday October 14

I find Tyler at lunchtime. Not sure where he was yesterday, but I want to make sure he knows everything is cool with me.

"Hi Tyler."

"Oh, hey Pete."

"I looked for you yesterday, you skip lunch or something?"

"Yeah, I had a project I needed to work on in the library."

"OK. I wanted to make sure we were good. I mean after you left in a hurry Wednesday."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I just got freaked out. Even though I'm, um, how I am, it's too crowded in here today to be specific, I still felt uncomfortable after doing what I did."

"I get it. You know it's all cool though, right?"

"Yeah, I just panicked a little. You think about what we talked about?"

"A little. I have to talk to someone, get their input on another guy. Like I said Wednesday, it's a little complicated situation. I'll try to talk to them today. Keep tomorrow night open just in case. If it falls through, I'll make sure you don't waste your time. I'll take you to our show."

"That'd be awesome. Like you know, I don't have many friends, so going out like that is a little hard."

"No worries. I'm sure if nothing else I can find you someone to sit with. Worst case, I'll get you a front row seat."

"You're so nice. Like I said Wednesday, I'll never get between you and Anthony, but if you guys ever break up…"

"I hear ya. I don't think that will happen, but I'm flattered you'd consider seeing me."

"Why not? You're hot."

"Hey you're a poet. Maybe we can write a song together."

"Funny too."

"I don't understand why it's so hard for people to like you. I'm really glad I got to know you better. Sorry it took so long."

"It's OK. I think I freaked you out at the start of school."

"Yeah, a little, but that's no excuse. I suspected you were gay, I should have reached out to you sooner."

"All's well that ends well, I guess."

"OK, Shakespeare."

"So you've got your show tonight too right?"

"Yeah. Shit, how stupid of me. You want to tag along tonight too?"

"You won't mind?"

"Of course not. It may not be as easy to get you set up with someone to sit with, but I'll figure something out. Worst case I'll get Paul, he runs the place, to get you a chair next to the stage."

"That would be great. Um, would you be able to pick me up? I don't think I'll be able to borrow my mom's car tonight."

"Sure. Give me your address, I'll be there around 7:10."

He gives me his address, he lives pretty close to me. Just in time too, since the bell rang right afterward.

A little while after I get home, Tyler calls again. He wants to know how he should dress, if it's a fancy place or not. I tell him jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt if it's cool enough is fine. That gives me another idea. When we get there I'll let him pick out a band t-shirt if he wants.

I give Cathy a call to bounce my idea off of her.

"Hello?"

"Hi Cathy, Pete."

"Hi Pete, what's up?"

"I know you're going out with Andy tonight, so I won't keep you long. How's RB been?"

"Good. He misses seeing you though."

"Yeah, that's kind of why I called. I made a new friend in school, I don't know if you know Tyler Watkins?"

"I know who he is. You're friends with him now?"

"Yeah. Jim has Lisa to hang out with, Andy may start spending time with you. I needed a new buddy."

"OK. What has that got to do with me?"

"I was thinking if things work out with Andy and you come to the show tomorrow, you can bring RB, and I can introduce them. I think they'd get along great, and RB can have someone to hang with. I know he stays home most of the time."

"I don't know. What if RB gets a bad impression?"

"Then I'll get Tyler to sit with someone else, or worst case, what I might have to do tonight, just get him a seat next to the stage."

"You're taking him tonight?"

"Yeah. He's like RB, he doesn't get out much either."

"Hang on a minute, let me see if he's even willing to try."

"Sure…"

I wait on the line, it's taking a couple minutes. I'm hoping that means RB didn't immediately say no.

"Pete?"

"Yeah, I'm still here."

"He trusts you, so he'll give it a shot. I also figure he can meet Andy and maybe give me the 'all clear' on him."

"Awesome. Thanks Cat. Hope you have a good time tonight."

"Thanks. I hope so too. Just talking with Andy the past couple days, he does seem really nice."

"Cool, he is. Bye then."

"Bye."

I head out a few minutes after 7 to pick up Tyler.

"Hi buddy."

"Hi Pete."

"You know, I should have asked you if you even like southern rock. That's tonight's show."

"Yeah, I like pretty much everything except rap."

"Join the club. Rap is just one letter away from crap as far as I'm concerned."

"Yeah, I guess it is."

"So, I got good news for you. You know Cathy Romano?"

"I know who she is. I've never spoken with her."

"That should change tomorrow. But more importantly, her brother RB, is kind of like you. He doesn't have many friends, doesn't get out much. I'm not sure he's gay, but I think he'd be receptive to maybe a little fooling around. One catch though."

"What's that?"

"He has an odd, um, ability. He can shake your hand and be able to tell if you're a good guy or not."

"No shit?"

"None at all. I don't think he'll have any problems with you. But if he does, I'll get you set up somewhere else, you're no worse off than you are now, and I keep my eyes open for you."

"I'm almost afraid that you're being nice to me to set me up for a joke."

"No way buddy. Really, I like you and I would never do that to you, or anybody for that matter."

"I believe you, I just get nervous when someone is too nice to me. It never turns out well."

"This will be a first for you then. OK, we're here."

We walk in and the hostess asks where she should sit Tyler.

"First things first. Tyler, what size t-shirt do you wear?"

"Um, men's medium?"

Black or white?"

"Whiiite?"

"Pam, can you show my friend here one if each?"

"Of course."

She grabs one of each, and shows them to Tyler. He looks at me like 'what now?'

"Pick one. It's yours."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"Um, the one without the bees."

"There you go. If you can find him a spot down front, maybe the small table at stage right?"

"Yeah, that will work. It's early enough."

"Awesome. Can you grab a reserved sign, I want to introduce him to the guys."

"You got it."

"And whatever he wants, it's on me."

Pam leads us up front, plants the reserved sign on the table and I bring Tyler into the storeroom.

"Hey guys."

"Hi Pete. Who's your friend?"

"A new friend from school. Tyler Watkins; Eddie and David Nash, Rich Larkin, and Gabe Romano. You'll meet Anthony another time. He's under house arrest, doctor's orders."

"Welcome to Garson's. Hey, is he like a roadie?"

"I don't know David. Tyler, feel like helping us set everything up?"

"Sure."

"Put the t-shirt on so you look the part. David needs the most help with his drums, if that's OK?"

"Really? Like you're all OK with me?"

"Pete trusts you, so we do too. Follow me, my van's right outside."

Tyler turns to me with a big smile on his face. Eddie's curious.

"So what's the deal with him?"

"Nothing really. He was acting like a groupie at the start of the school year. This week I've been hanging out with him. He's a bit of a loner. I wanted to help him fit in."

"You're just too nice Pete, but that's cool."

"Thanks Eddie. Let me help you with your stuff."

We finish setting up. I get Tyler back out to his table.

"Seriously, anything you want, just order it. I get a discount for friends anyway."

"Thanks so much Pete. I have a feeling this is going to be the best weekend of my life."

"No problem. Have a good time tonight. You can come 'backstage' with us at the break too."

"Thanks again."

I grab a couple waters to keep up on the stage for between songs. I need to keep my throat from getting dry, then it's time to start the show.

"Happy Friday Garson's!!!"

I'm greeted by cheers.

"Welcome to those first timers out there, and welcome back to those who have been here before. You may notice we're short one bassist tonight. Anthony's at home recuperating after a short hospital visit. But never fear, we'll have the amazing Gabe Romano pulling double duty, playing bass on the songs that really need it. Just not this one. Rich, who do we talk to at the bar?"

As is pretty usual on Fridays we kick it off with 'Whiskey Man.' When we get to '(Ghost) Riders in the Sky,' I do my usual audience tour, checking first with Tyler, making sure he's having a good time and is getting taken care of by Tammy, his waitress for the evening. He's extremely happy. That makes me happy too. I chat up a few more tables before I get back on stage.

"We'll slow it down with a little Allman Brothers."

We play 'Midnight Rider' and close out the first set with 'Call Me the Breeze.' I wave Tyler back with us for the break.

"Wow Pete. Thanks for bringing me. You guys are fuckin' awesome."

"Thanks, and you're welcome."

"It's amazing how often we hear that. Maybe we should get paid for doing this."

"The rest of you guys want to split up Rich's money since he doesn't think we're getting paid?"

4 yeses and a 'whoa, hold on there I was kidding’ bounce back at me.

"If he thinks we're awesome now, I can't wait to see what he thinks at the end of the show."

"We do close well Eddie. Between Rich's fiddle playing and all of us sounding nearly perfect on the last song. Yeah, we'll knock his socks off."

"What's the last song Pete? And I don't see a fiddle."

Everybody laughs.

"You'll see in a little while. The surprise is worth it. And they're only laughing because they know the punchline already, not laughing at you."

"Oh, that's good."

"Need another soda Ty? We have a supply back here for breaks. Oh, is Ty OK?"

"Yeah Gabe, it's OK. Coke be good."

Gabe grabs a coke and gives it to 'Ty.' The rest of us just sit and relax for a few before going back out. The second set is just as good, a little slower overall. We close out with CDB, and I signal Tyler to stay there, even though I had given him a heads up that we do an encore. He nods, smiling big. After a minute we come back out for the finale.

"You want more?"

"Yeahhhh!!!!"

"What song is it you want to hear?"

"Free Bird!"

The audience always loves it when I prompt them like that. I don't do it all the time, just often enough to keep it fresh. After the song, I once again wave Tyler back with us.

"Holy shit. I see what Eddie meant. I've never heard anything like that Rich. That was great. And, damn, if you guys didn't sound exactly like Skynyrd. I can't wait for the rock version of your show tomorrow night."

"You were right before Pete. Groupie."

"He is a little into us, isn't he?"

"Geez, Pete, how could I not be?"

Tammy pops in and asks if we need anything else. We don't and I hand her 2 twenties.

"Whoa Pete. He didn't eat and drink that much."

"I know, but you took care of him well. Appreciate it."

She says thanks and leaves.

"You'll get the royal treatment tomorrow night Ty. OK, let's get the instruments back here so I can get Ty home and go see Ant."

We're on the way to Tyler's and he's still beaming.

"I know I said thank you like a hundred times already, but no-one's ever done anything that nice for me before. Except maybe my parents."

"A thousand and one you're welcomes. That should cover about another week. And really, it was nothing. I get paid well for having fun. I treat all my friends that come like that, and the wait staff, they have to work harder because we're there."

"Anthony is one lucky guy. I hope someday I find someone as nice."

"I hope you do too. Same time tomorrow?"

"Yeah, that'd be great. See ya."

"Bye, Ty. He he."

"What took you so long? I almost fell asleep waiting for you."

"I brought Tyler to the show, had to drop him off."

"Tyler?"

"Shit, I never mentioned him?"

"No. Should I be jealous?"

"Of course not. I might have mentioned a kid who acted like a groupie when school started?"

"Yeah, I think I remember something like that."

"Well my other two best buds, Jim and Andy are finding girls. So unless I want to eat lunch with a crowd that asks endless questions, I started hanging with Tyler. Eating lunch, just being friends with a lonely kid."

"Is he the one you said you thought was gay?"

"Yeah… Don't look at me like that. I will need to tell you something, but I'm actually trying to hook him up with RB."

"The rapist?"

"Funny. He's not that bad. He was just mixed up. Anyway, neither of them get out much. I know RB likes getting blowjobs, Tyler's curious about giving one. If Cathy's date with Andy went well tonight, they'll be at the show tomorrow and bring RB. Cat already asked him about meeting Tyler, he was OK because it was me asking."

"OK, so you're not replacing me."

"You didn't seriously think I had something going on with him?"

"Well…"

"Ant. I love you. Tyler's even said he'd never do anything that would put himself between us. I don't care that we can't have sex for a while. I'm guessing that's what 'well' meant."

"I'm sorry, you're right. I should trust you. But what is it that you need to tell me about him."

"You know how you and Marie were curious about my operation?"

"Yeah, and you let Marie see your junk."

"Tyler was curious too. I wanted him to trust me, without many friends, he thinks people are always setting him up for a joke. I let him see me. He wanted to touch my scrotum, he did, but just a touch. Then he wanted to see if he was OK with someone looking at his dick. He showed me. Then he freaked out about it and left."

"OK. I'm not real crazy about the touch, but I guess I understand the building trust part. But I want to know if anything else happens with him."

"Sure. But after tomorrow night, we'll probably just be eating lunch together if he starts hanging with RB. They live like a block away from each other. You've got nothing to worry about."

"OK, but I think I need an apology kiss for showing your junk to another guy."

"I can get into that."

Ant and I make out for a while, never kissing for too long without taking a break. Of course I'm getting horny. I stopped wearing the testosterone patch once Ant had his relapse, but I guess there's still some left in my system. I'll jerk off later if junior doesn't relax.

Saturday October 15

Marie brought Ant to the mini-rehearsal. He wanted to check out Gabe's bass playing but he thought going to the show might be a little too much. He's taking his restrictions seriously. Ant's not worried about losing his spot. Gabe's just OK, and he's only switching to bass on some songs. We all figured having 2 guitars and missing the bass was better most of the time.

I pick Tyler up again a little after 7. His mom comes out with him, just to see who her son’s new friend is. I guess I passed inspection because he’s still coming to the show with me.

"Good news. Cathy's date with Andy went well last night, so you, hopefully, won't be sitting alone tonight. As long as RB likes you, you'll have a friend for the night, and ideally for afterward too."

“But you’ll still be my friend too, won’t you?”

“Yes, of course. But I’m busy with the band. We can still hang out, but if you just wait for me, you’ll still have some lonely times. If you’re friends with RB too, you’ll be able to hang out with him, and hopefully be able to do some fooling around. Nothing wrong with having more than one good friend. Not to mention he lives about a block away from you.”

“I guess. I’ve never been so lucky. But no kidding, he lives that close?”

“No kidding. Let’s think positive. Tonight’s your lucky night, Tyler my buddy.”

We get to Garson’s and Pam shows Tyler where he’ll be sitting with Cathy, Andy, and RB. He’s wearing his Swarm shirt again so I bring him into the storeroom again.

“Hey Tyler. Welcome back.”

“Thanks David.”

“What am I, chopped liver?”

“Oh, yeah. Hi Pete.”

“Jerk. Hey Tyler, you want to sing with these guys tonight? I’m feeling unappreciated.”

“Huh? No way. I don’t think they’d want that either.”

“Just joking with you buddy. That’s the kind of joke you’re going to get around us. Nothing mean.”

“OK, um thanks.”

“Let’s leave the prima donna stew Tyler. Want to help me with my drums again?”

“Yeah, sure David.”

Tyler looks at me and smiles, liking being part of joke, not the butt. After the second trip out with David’s drum kit, Tyler mentions the others are here.

“I’m stealing Tyler for a minute David.”

“Sure. I finally get a competent assistant and the bad one steals him away.”

I smile at David, flip him the bird and take Tyler back out front. As I’m shaking hands with each of them, well, hugging Cathy:

“Tyler Watkins, you probably recognize Cathy Romano and Andy Johnson?”

“Yeah, seen them in school. I have a class with each of them.”

“Cool. And the big man over there is RB Romano. Cathy’s older brother.”

“Big man? You need glasses Pete?”

“Hope not. OK, let’s get it out of the way you two. Shake hands and don’t come out fighting.”

Tyler reaches out to shake RB’s hand. RB takes a moment to just look him over. He reaches out and shakes Tyler’s hand. Like he did with me, the handshake turns into a hug.

“Well Tyler. You passed. You’re only the second person he’s ever hugged after the handshake,”

“Really Cathy? That’s good I guess? Who was it?”

“It’s very good. Who? Ask Pete.”

“He hugged you too Pete?”

“Yep.”

“Geez, even I didn’t get a hug.”

“Did he run screaming from the room Andy?”

“Well, no.”

“Nothing wrong with second place as far ad RB is concerned.”

“Can I stay with them Pete, or should I keep helping set up?”

“I got you covered. Stay here, enjoy the company and the show.”

I go back into the storeroom, alone.

“Sure, first you steal him, then you lose him. Thanks Pete.”

I flip him the bird again.

“Poor David. He has to rely on little old me for help. Hey mission accomplished. RB likes Tyler.”

“Pete Daggett, matchmaker extraordinaire.”

“Want me to find a guy for you too Rich?”

“Fuck no. I like ‘em with indoor plumbing.”

“There’s no accounting for taste.”

We finish setting up. I notice Andrea has my guests’ table. I point at them and then myself. She gets the hint. They’ll be well taken care of tonight.

I make a similar announcement as last night about Ant and we kick off the show with ‘Highway Star.’ As usual, we mix in our songs with the rest. When we sing ‘I Want You to Want Me,’ RB holds up his hand with Tyler’s hand being held tight. They both smile at me, I give them a thumbs up.

“I did something like this once before when I first joined the band. This next one goes out to an old friend and a new friend. It looks like they’re new friends as well. Good for you RB and Tyler. Rich, RB’s favorite song if you please?”

We start playing ‘The Flame’ and RB lets go of Tyler’s hand for just a moment to cheer and applaud. A few seconds of that and they’re holding hands again. As I’m singing the song I realize how perfect the lyrics are for the two of them. As the song finishes, I see how right I am. They look at me and then kiss. I tear up and applaud them. Cathy’s crying too.

Later, when we end the show with ‘Spread Your Wings’ then ‘Free Bird’ as usual, I point at my friends, waving them back with us.

“Holy shit. I hoped you two could be friends, but what the hell, kissing already? I love it.”

“It surprised me too Pete. And it wasn’t just after the one song. You were busy playing the crowd. I think they kissed about 5 times.”

“It was eight.”

RB and Tyler shared this at the same time. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Oh, man. Congratulations guys. I couldn’t have asked for a better result. Told you this was your lucky night Ty. Shit, your’s too RB. Fuck, I’m so happy for you two right now.”

“OK Pete. We get it. Don’t cream your jeans.”

“Sorry Andy. I guess I’m two for two with the Romano family. Gabe?”

“Like Rich said before, fuck no. Find me a girl, OK, but so far you’re just hooking guys up with Romanos. No thank you.”

We all laugh at that. Then Andy, Tyler, and RB all help get the equipment out to the vans and cars. Afterward, Tyler has another compliment to pay.

“There were a bunch of songs I didn’t recognize. What were they?”

“Those were our own songs. I wrote the lyrics, Anthony created the initial melody, and the rest of the guys filled in the rest.”

“Wow. They were really good too. I mean everybody applauded them.”

“Thanks Tyler. They almost got us a real break, but then Pete and Ant got beat and we got canceled. We were going to open for some ‘up and coming group’ three times. Hopefully we’ll catch another break at some point.

“Keep writing songs like that and you will.”

“OK, time to head out.”

Tyler pulls me aside.

“Do you mind if I catch a ride back with them?”

“Hell no. Definitely, go with them.”

Before we all break apart, I have an idea.

“Hey, are the four of you busy for lunch, or dinner tomorrow?”

They all look at each other then shake their heads.

“Good. I’m taking you all out to celebrate the two new relationships. I’ll call you all tomorrow around noon and let you know where and when.”

“You don’t have to do that Pete.”

“You’re right Cathy, but I want to. Let me?”

They all agree and we all go our separate ways. I hang back for a minute to find Andrea and pay her for their drinks and appetizers, which is all they had tonight, plus another generous tip.

Next up - “Tyler Pays Pete Back and More Cops”

Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 16
  • Wow 1
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

43 minutes ago, Dan South said:

The “indoor plumbing” was a laugh out loud moment!

I can't take credit for it. I heard it either in a movie or a TV show, can't for the life of me remember where.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Sorry Dan, am on driving holiday and so tired at night that no time to read.  Just got up to date here!  Another good chp, Lee.   Now let’s get ready for the police visit 😱

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Sherye Story Reader said:

Omg, you made me cry happy tears. RB and Tyler a couple! That made my day. 

Aww, I’m glad. A couple chapters from now there may be pissed off tears.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..