Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 4,812 Words
  • 863 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story is an original work of gay and bisexual fiction. None of the people or events are real. While some of the town names used may be real, any other geographic references (school, events) are purely fictional. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is completely coincidental. This story depicts sexual situations between both young men, a young woman and a young man and a boy. If reading this is illegal where you reside, or you are not at least 18 years of age, you are reading at your own risk. This work is the property of the author, Lee R Wilson, and shall not be reproduced and/or re-posted without his permission.

Don't Blame The Band - 13. First Official Recording Session, Tyler the Knife, and Holidays

There is a little violence in this chapter, but not very graphic, like appeared in chapter six.
Also, don't hate me for what happens here, I felt the story needed a little something extra.

Wednesday November 23

Since tomorrow's Thanksgiving, school is a half day for both Ant and me. Because of that, we all decided we'd get to the studio earlier. Mick and the team at Atlantic were actually happy to hear this. I didn't know for sure what songs we'd be doing, so I brought my sax and harmonica. Since we were going in earlier, they asked Tyler to as well. I thought it would be fun to take the bus into the city with Tyler. He got the added benefit of not having to walk to the bus station in town. We headed to my house, he dropped off his stuff, I grabbed my instruments, and we hopped into my car to drive to the bus station. School was out at noon, so we'd all arranged to get to the studio at 1:30.

We got there a few minutes early, Tyler showed me the desk they gave him after our audition. Nothing special, but he was still proud of having a permanent space. We headed into studio A. It was a little bigger than B, where we were last time. There were more rooms associated so it took up nearly the entire 3rd floor. There are quite a few people there and I only recognize Zach and Mick. Three of the others look vaguely familiar. I'm surprised to find out they're Lou Gramm, Rick Wills, and Dennis Elliott, the rest of Foreigner.

"Sorry we couldn't make it to the show last week to see you debut ‘Cold as Ice' but Lou and the boys didn't want to make it a circus. On the plus side, they all agreed to let you put it on the album and make it the B side of ‘Try Harder.'"

"That's so cool. Thanks you guys. Wow, first we get to meet you all. Now you agree to let us include it."

They all say no problem and then it gets a little hectic when the rest of The Swarm arrives. Everybody's excited about meeting the rest of Foreigner and the news about the song. Mick settles things down

"Let's get started, shall we? Just run through ‘Cold as Ice' once so Zach and Tyler can baseline the setup. After that, we'll do it as many times as we need to. There are waters in the fridge in there, help yourselves whenever you need to."

We end up playing the song eight times before Mick and Zach were happy. Lou and the rest of the band said goodbye after two tries, complementing us on how well we did. We'd already done 4 of ‘Try Harder' after the audition, so it only took 5 times today for that one. Zach and Tyler mixed the instruments and vocals all together at different levels. When they played the songs back, they sounded amazing. It didn't feel like five hours went by, but at 6:40 we wrapped it all up. Ant and the guys headed for their cars/van, Tyler and I headed to the bus station. Things would have been so different if we got there.

We turned the corner off MLK Boulevard and were immediately stopped by three guys in ski masks.

"Which one of you killed my brother?"

"It's gotta be the bigger one, the little guy wouldn't have been able to."

"We don't know what you're talking about."

"Who's Tyler?"

Tyler went white as a ghost. These guys not only knew it was someone from the studio, but also had his name.

"Fuckin' A, it IS the little guy. Well, he did have a knife."

"Why don't you leave him alone? He didn't do anything wrong."

"He sure looks guilty to me. And if you don't want what Tyler the knife is getting, you'll shut the fuck up."

I have a glimmer of hope that this won't turn into a total clusterfuck when a slightly older lady comes around the corner. That hope dies quickly.

"What's going on here? You leave those two boys alone."

There's a loud bang and the lady hits the ground. Not that I know what one looks like, but I'm guessing it's a bullet hole in her forehead. We're fucked. I love you mom and dad. There's another bang and Tyler's down. Someone down the block yells and all 3 ski masks turn to look as a third bang sounds. It feels like a building just fell on my chest. I hit the ground, and everything goes black.

11:00 news that night:

"Three people were shot in Newark earlier this evening. Police are still investigating. We're at St. Michael's Medical Center and have been told that two are dead and the third in critical condition here. Names will not be released until next of kin have been notified, but we have ascertained that two of the victims were teenage boys and the third, a middle-aged woman. We'll have more as the story unfolds."

"Terrance!!!!!!!"

"What is it, Corrine?"

"Is Atlantic Studios near St. Michael's?"

"Yeah, it's not too far. What's the matter?"

"Two boys and a woman were shot near there tonight. Pete was there recording today."

"Okay Cory, let's not jump to any conclusions."

"He'd be home by now. I'll call Anthony."

"Hello?"

"Hi Anthony, it's Mrs. Daggett. I'm sorry to call so late, but did Pete go over there after the recording session?"

"No. He and Tyler were heading to the bus station when we all left. That was, maybe quarter to seven. Maybe he went to Tyler's."

"Thank you Anthony. I'll try there."

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Watkins?"

"Yes?"

"Hi. This is Corrine Daggett. Did Pete go home with Tyler tonight?"

"No. Neither one is here. It's not like Tyler to stay out without telling me."

"Pete too. OK, thank you."

"I'll let you know if they show up."

"Same here, goodnight."

"So, he's not with Anthony or at Tyler's."

"OK Cory. Just calm down. We don't know something happened to them."

"I'm his mother. I KNOW something's wrong."

"OK, let me make a couple calls…"

But the phone rings before Terrance can pick it up to make any calls.

"Hello?"

"Is this the Daggett residence?"

"Yes. I'm Terrance Daggett."

"Hello Mr. Daggett. I'm officer Derek Grant with the Newark police department. Do you have a son, Peter?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry that I have to inform you that your son was shot earlier tonight, apparently in a robbery, but we're not sure of the circumstances. He's currently being treated at St. Michael's Medical Center. You should probably get there as soon as you can."

"But he's alive?"

"Last I heard, yes."

"Thank you officer, we're leaving now."

"He was shot, but he's alive. Get your coat. We have to go."

Meanwhile, at the Watkins'.

"Noooooooooo!!!!"

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Watkins."

"Where is he?"

"He's at the Medical Examiner's office in St. Michael's Medical Center. They'll be in touch with you regarding identifying and claiming the body. Again, I'm so very sorry. Bye."

11:55 Breaking News:

"CBS news is now able to confirm the identities of the shooting victims in Newark earlier this evening. Deceased are Mrs. Rosemary Taft of Newark, 44. Mrs. Taft is survived by her husband Alex, and two teen sons. Also deceased is Tyler Watkins of Red Bank, 18. In critical condition at St. Michael's is 17-year-old Peter Daggett. The police believe the shootings are a result of an interrupted robbery attempt. We'll have more as the situation unfolds."

Now at the Romano residence.

"Mom? Did I hear that right? Tyler's dead?"

"It sounds like it, Rob. We can always hope there are two Tyler Watkins' in Red Bank."

"Both 18? I've had a headache since a little before 7. It's my Tyler, I know it."

Rob runs to his bedroom, crying.

St. Michael's Medical Center

"Hi. Peter Daggett's room please."

"One moment… you'll have to wait here for an officer. He's under protection."

"But we're his parents."

"Then I'm sure you'll appreciate that the police are being careful about visitation. He is a potential witness to a double homicide."

"I'm sorry. You're right. We're just upset."

"No need to be sorry, your attitude is perfectly understandable. Let me call someone. It'll just be a couple minutes."

"Mr. and Mrs. Daggett, I'm officer Derek Grant. Please, follow me."

"What can you tell us officer Grant?"

"Not a lot at this point. We have a witness that saw three people, likely young men, in ski masks, fire the last shot. They had already grabbed Mrs. Taft's purse, which we found with no cash a block away. Your son, and who we're assuming was his friend, still had their wallets."

"Yes, he was with Tyler Watkins tonight."

"That appears to be the other victim. OK, if you'll just wait in here for a moment, I'll try and get a nurse or doctor to speak with you."

"Can't we see him?"

"I believe he's still in surgery. I'll be right back."

They wait impatiently for about twenty minutes before a doctor shows up.

"Mr. and Mrs. Daggett?"

"Yes."

"Hello. I'm doctor Chun. Your son is in recovery. He's lucky to be alive. Fortunately, the bullet was small caliber. He was hit in the sternum. The bullet shattered the sternum, and we had to remove pieces of it from his chest. There was some damage to his heart and one lung, but I think he'll recover fully. It will take some time though."

"Can we see him?"

"Of course, Mrs. Daggett. He's still sedated, but I'll take you to him."

They sit with him through the rest of the night. They'll call Terry and Anthony in the morning and let them know what happened.

Thursday November 24

"Anthony, telephone."

"Thanks mom."

Who the fuck is calling at 8 AM on Thanksgiving morning?

"Hello."

"Hi Anthony, Terrance Daggett."

"Um, hi Mr. Daggett. What's up? We're still coming over later, right?"

"No Anthony, that's why I'm calling. Something's happened."

"This why Mrs. D called last night?"

"Yes. Pete was shot last night after leaving the studio."

"WHAT?!?!?"

"The police think it was a robbery gone bad, but they really won't know more until Pete wakes up."

"He'll be OK, though, right?"

"Yes, his doctor thinks he'll recover fully, but it'll take a while."

"Where was he shot? I mean on his body?"

"He was hit in the sternum. He's lucky it wasn't an inch or two in any direction, it'd have gotten him in the heart."

"Where is he?"

"St. Michael's, in Newark."

"I'll be there as soon as I can. Oh, what about Tyler?"

"Tyler was killed."

"Oh, shit."

"Yeah."

"You said Pete's isn't awake yet?"

"Right."

"Um, if it's OK with you, I think I need to go see Rob Romano. He and Tyler were close."

"Yes, Pete told us they considered themselves boyfriends. Please, go ahead. We'll be here when Pete wakes up. I'm sure he'll understand, we'll let him know if you're not here yet. He'll probably be devastated to hear about Tyler."

"Thanks Mr. Daggett. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Take your time. Pete's not going anywhere."

Ding dong.

"Oh, Hi Anthony."

"How's Rob doing Mrs. Romano?"

"Not well. He won't come out of his room. I'm afraid he's going to revert back into his old self, before Pete showed up."

"Can I try and talk to him?"

"Of course. Come on in. His room's the first on the left."

Knock knock.

"Rob. It's Anthony. Can I come in?"

He unlocks the door.

"Hi."

"I know it doesn't mean much, but I'm real sorry about Tyler."

"Thanks. If he didn't get jumped and have to defend himself, this wouldn't have happened."

"The cops think it was a botched robbery."

"It may have been, but I can't believe that."

"You think it was revenge?"

"Absolutely. If I ever find out it was and who did it, I'll find a way to kill them too."

"I can understand that. I've considered that because of Pete, but it's stupid."

"You still have Pete. What do I have to lose?"

"The rest of your life?"

"Pfffft. Worthless without Tyler."

"I know you feel that way now. But you'd regret it in the end. You're too pretty to not be popular in jail, if you know what I mean."

"I'm gay, you think that matters?"

"Yes. I do. There's a big difference between making love to someone and getting fucked by someone you can't stand."

"I'm angry, heartbroken. Right now, I don't give a shit."

"I'm going to see Pete. How would you like to come along?"

"I don't know."

"I do. He'll tell you the same thing I am. And he was shot and almost killed. If he says don't be stupid and do anything like that, would that make a difference?"

"Maybe."

"Come with me. Yeah, you need to mourn Tyler. We all do. But you also need to keep living."

"OK, let me change into something decent."

"I'll step out."

"Why? I don't care if you see me in my underwear."

"OK. Give me a show."

Rob laughs. Hopefully that's a good sign.

"Hi Rob. Are you feeling a little better?"

"A little, mom. Ant thinks seeing Pete will help. He says I have to keep living."

"He's right. Would Tyler want you to give up?"

"I guess not. I'm still pissed that someone would do this."

"You have a right to be angry. But you can't go thinking about doing anything about it."

"I get it Ant. OK, see you later mom."

"So long."

Rob is quiet on the way to the hospital. It didn't register with Ant at first, but he now noticed that Rob was constantly spinning the ring Tyler bought. He did the same when they were together in his room.

In the meantime, Pete has woken up and two detectives arrive to ask him a few questions.

"Hi Peter. We know you're hurting, so we won't keep you long, but we have some questions for you about the shooting. Are you feeling up to it?"

"If it will help catch the bastards who did this, definitely."

"We do have another witness, but they were a distance away and couldn't tell us much. Can you describe exactly what happened?"

"Yes. Second by second."

Pete recounts what happened, when he gets to the end he asks about Tyler.

"Is Tyler here too?"

The detectives look to his parents, so his dad answers.

"Tyler was killed son, along with the lady."

"Somehow, I knew it, but I was hoping…"

"Thanks for your help son. We'll be in touch as things progress."

Pete's crying so his parents thank the detectives.

"Hello. We're here to see Pete Daggett."

"One minute please. He's under police protection, I'll have to call them."

After a couple minutes an officer arrives.

"Can I see some ID please?"

They hand their IDs over.

"Mr. Rossi, what is your relationship with Mr. Daggett?"

"He's my boyfriend."

"And Mr. Romano?"

"I'm a friend, my boyfriend was Tyler Watkins, another victim in the shooting."

"Thank you. I'll be back with these in a minute."

The officer takes their IDs, shows them to his partner, who thinks it best to check with Pete's parents.

"Mr. and Mrs. Daggett? We need you to confirm the identities of these two visitors."

"Yes, we know them. Pete's friend and boyfriend."

"Thank you. I'll go bring them up."

"Ant and who dad?"

"Rob."

"Oh. How am I going to face him?"

"Why would that be a problem?"

"If I had asked one of the guys for a ride to the bus station, this wouldn't have happened, mom. I could have avoided it."

"You said they were waiting for Tyler, right?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Do you think yesterday would have been the only day they waited after they figured out it was him?"

"No. They'd keep coming back. At least a few times."

"So you could have delayed it, but not prevented it from ever happening."

"I guess you're right dad, but I'll always feel guilty about it."

"Let's leave always for the future. For now, you have to believe it wasn't your fault."

"OK. Sometimes I hate that you're a lawyer though. You make too much sense."

"Knock, knock. Is this a family only visit or can anybody join?"

"Ant, Rob, come on in."

Hello's all around, condolences to Rob.

"Thanks. Pete, are the cops right? Was it a botched robbery?"

"No Rob. One of them asked which one of us killed his brother. Tyler panicked so they knew right away it was him."

"And just like that, they shot him? And you."

"I think they panicked a little when the lady interrupted them. They shot her first, then probably figured they couldn't leave any witnesses."

"So, the cops probably have an idea who at least one of them are?"

"Yes. You're not thinking revenge, are you?"

"No."

It was obvious he was lying.

"Rob, you can't do that. Let the cops do their job. The guys that beat me got killed. I first thought that's what I wanted. But afterward, I'd much rather have preferred they'd rot in jail for 20 years or so. It won't really make you feel any better, and think about your family. They'd be losing you."

"I guess you're right. I'm so angry though."

"I understand, believe me, I do. I hate them for what they did, but it'd be the same if I did anything. I'd regret it for the rest of my life."

I couldn't help but look at Ant when I said that. I'm sure he knows I mean it in another way too. They stayed for a while longer, probably even longer than I was aware, but just that little bit of interaction wiped me out and I fell back asleep.

I woke up a little later and everybody was gone. Which was fine, I had some thinking to do. I know what I told Rob, but I really wonder if I believe it. This time around, I'm sure I'd like to see those three idiots dead. Another reason it's OK I'm alone, my chest hurts so much I want to cry. Even though I don't really care who may see me cry. I push the call button realizing I'm not where I was before. A nurse opens the door and asks what I need. Painkillers! Now! She checks my chart and says she'll be right back with something. A minute later she's shooting a needle into my IV line.

Shit, that stuff works quick. They have a home version of this game? Down side. I fall asleep eas…

It's early afternoon and I'm awoken by the smell of food. I think my eyes and brain are deceiving me because I'm sitting up. Once again somewhere else. It must be a conference room and the room is crowded. It takes me a minute to remember it's Thanksgiving. Mom and dad apparently got the OK to have family and friends come for dinner here at the hospital. I'm still connected to a shitload of machinery. This is better than the painkillers. I'm awake. I hope. Am I dreaming? If I am it's the most realistic dream I've ever had. If you ask that question in a dream, does the cast in the dream have to answer truthfully? Maybe I'm still tripping from the painkillers.

"Am I dreaming?"

"Hi honey. No, you're not. We're all really here."

All was mom, dad, Terry, Marcy, Ant and his family. Pretty much the crew that would have been at the house. And a nurse, watching over things while she's eating. Mom puts a plate together for me, making sure everything is bite sized. This is good, because it's hard enough sitting up, forget cutting up my food.

"Wow, thanks. I'm sorry those jerks spoiled Thanksgiving."

"Only where we're having it, we're all still together. I asked Mrs. Watkins too, but she wasn't ready to be around people. I told her I'd drop off a plate for her later."

"That was nice of you mom."

I eat a few bites from the plate, but it's very tiring.

"Why can't I do anything for long? Even just lifting my fork is extremely tiring."

The nurse speaks up.

"You shouldn't be getting tired that easily. Let's get you back to your room and get a doctor looking at you."

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the hospital.

"Can I help you son?"

"Nurse, do you know if anybody called my mother?"

The nurse looks at the chart.

"Yes, Miles, she was called."

"Who's Miles? My name is Tyler. Tyler Watkins."

"Hmmm, apparently you've gotten mixed up with someone else. Let me check, I'll be right back."

The nurse comes back a few minutes later.

"Oh, Tyler. There's been a terrible mix-up. You were mistakenly reported deceased."

"What? Did they tell my mother that?"

"I don't know."

"Well fucking find out, and get my phone turned on."

The nurse returns a minute later.

"OK, your phone is on, let me bring it to you."

Ring, ring, ring…

"She's not answering."

"Is it possible she went somewhere else?"

"My uncle's maybe. I don't remember his number. Can you get me a phone book?"

"Yes, anything you want."

Once again, we'll shift to another section of the hospital.

"That's not my son. Where's Tyler?"

The ME's assistant looks at the toe tag.

"Something's wrong. He's tagged Tyler Watkins. Come back out into the waiting area, I'll see what I can find out."

"You'd better find out where my son's body is; and fast."

"Yes ma'am, of course."

Over the PA:

"Dr. Allison, please phone extension 111, stat. Dr. Allison, extension 111, stat."

"Hello. This is Martin Allison."

"Doctor Allison, we have a big problem."

The assistant explains the mix-up.

"Again? I'm already dealing with a ton of lawyers because someone mixed up charts. That was just an unnecessary operation. You're telling me we have an unidentified body, and you don't know who it is?"

"Um, yes sir. Sorry sir. It's how he came down here."

"Yes, I shouldn't yell at you, it's obviously not your fault. Thanks for notifying me."

"Hello, Dr. Allison's office."

"Hi Angela. It's me. We have another chart mix-up. I need you to contact all the nursing stations and have every young adult male's identity verified. We've got a DB that no-one knows who it is. Which means a live one we think is someone else."

Once again, back with Pete.

"Let's get a complete workup on Mr. Daggett here. He shouldn't be this weak. Blood, EKG, MRI. ASAP!"

"Yes doctor Klaus."

"What's going on doctor?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Daggett, I can't be sure without more tests, but it's possible a bone fragment was missed. Nurse, have Doctor Chun paged and get him here now."

"Yes doctor."

A nursing supervisor enters the room.

"I need you to confirm this young man's identity, please."

"He's Peter Daggett."

"Thank you. That matches his chart."

She leaves as quick as she came.

"Matches his chart? Oh God, I can't believe they did it again."

"What do you mean Terrance?"

"My current #1 priority is a suit against this hospital. They operated on the wrong patient because of a chart mixup. I need to follow up on this. I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Go ahead dad, I'll be getting poked and prodded for a while anyway."

Mr. Daggett heads for the administration wing. He happens across Dr. Allison.

"Dr. Allison, I need to know what's going on with this chart mix-up."

"Shit. Daggett. Damn it, your son's here too."

"That's right. I want answers."

"You should really go see legal."

"It's Thanksgiving, they won't be here. Tell me, now, or you're in more hot water than you already are, Mr. CEO, Chief Executive Oaf."

"Fine. A patients chart was swapped accidentally with another's we reported as deceased."

"My son's friend was reported as deceased, Tyler Watkins. Is he involved?"

"Fuck. My career's over now anyway. Yes. His mother came to identify his body, but it wasn't his. We're trying to find out where he is, and who's really in the morgue."

His pager buzzes at that moment.

"Apparently Miles Jackson in 402 isn't Miles Jackson. Come with me; if you know Tyler, you can help clear this up… Nurse, call 111 and have them send Mrs. Watkins to the 4 south nurse's station."

"Right away sir."

They arrive at 402.

"Mr. Daggett. Is Pete OK? I can't get hold of my mom."

"Sorry son, I need you to tell me your name."

"Tyler Watkins. Are you in charge here?"

"Yes, for the time being. I'm Dr. Allison. Your mother will be here soon. She, um, was in the morgue to identify your body."

"So, she knows I'm still alive?"

"If not, she will shortly."

Dr. Allison leaves to wait at the nurse's station to meet Tyler's mom.

"Mr. Daggett, how can this happen?"

"Plain and simple, someone fucked up. Badly. I have another case with this hospital related to a chart mix-up. You should sue the hospital too. Would you like me to represent you as well? We're talking major mental anguish for you and your mother. And yes, Pete's OK. He may need another surgery but should be fine."

"Thanks. Sure, I'll need the help. They did this before. Wow."

"Don't share that with anybody. I'll be back in a little…"

"Mom!!!"

"Oh my God Tyler. They told me you were dead."

"I know. Mom, this is Pete's dad. He's a lawyer and thinks we can sue."

"I can't think about that right now. I'm going to hug my son for an hour."

"I understand. I'll come back later. But for your own protection, don't talk to anybody else about this."

"OK."

After a few minutes of hugging and happy tears…

"Oh, God mom. I need to call Rob. He's probably a wreck."

"Yes. I should call Larry too. He's probably heard the wrong news too."

Pete's dad heads back to Pete's room. On his way out of Tyler's he comes across a woman coming in.

"Miles? Where's Miles? They told me he was in this room."

"I'm not sure, you're Mrs. Jackson?"

"Yes, who are you?"

"At the moment, just a concerned father and friend to this boy. I know this is strange, but here's my card, you're going to want a lawyer… Oh, hi again Dr. Allison, this is Mrs. Jackson."

"Oh, this just keeps getting worse."

"Dr. Allison is the hospital's CEO. Keep my card. You'll know why in a moment; I need to get back to my son."

As he's walking away, a distraught, soon to be more so, screams at Allison.

"What the fuck is going on here?"

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Romano…"

"Tyler? They said you were dead."

"The hospital mixed up my chart. Is Rob there?"

"Yes, he's been sulking all day. He's going to be ecstatic… Rob, phone for you."

"I don't want to talk to anyone mom."

"You'll want to take this call. Believe me."

"Please leave me alone?"

"I was going to let him surprise you, but if this is the only way you'll get the phone. It's Tyler."

"Oh, God, mom. That's so cruel."

"It really is. The hospital screwed up."

"Really?"

"Yes. Come hear for yourself."

"If this is some cruel joke, I'll find you."

"Not a joke…"

"TYLER!!!!!"

"Hi Rob. Yes, the hospital mixed up my chart with another guy who was dead. I'm alive. I'll need a massive Tylenol soon, but I called ad soon as I could after I heard about their fu…, um, screw up."

"Oh, my God, oh, my God. It's really you. Mom, you gotta let me borrow the car so I can go see him."

"You haven't been driving too long, and driving into Newark… I don't know."

"Then you drive me. I'll figure out the busses if I have to."

"OK but be careful."

"I will. Tyler, I'll be there in a little while."

"OK. I'm in 402. If you ask for me by name…"

"Yeah, they'll tell me you're dead. I'll see you soon."

Terrance is back in Pete's room.

"They took him for an MRI. Doctor Klaus thinks they'll probably have to operate again."

"I figured as much. If it wasn't desperate, I wouldn't let them touch Pete again. As soon as he's stable, we're getting him and Tyler out of here."

"Tyler? Tyler's alive?"

"Yes, I just spoke with him. He's part of today's chart fuckup."

"You need to calm down Terr, or you'll need a bed here too. Let's go to the cafe and get a couple coffees. We'll bring them back up here and wait."

"Yeah. That's a good idea. Hell of a way to spend a holiday."


Next up - "Four Suits, Please. But I'm Not a Tailor."

Fooled you, didn't I?
Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 15
  • Wow 2
  • Angry 6
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That was a crazy trip. So glad Tyler is alive. Pete keeps getting messed up though. Hopefully he can still sing ok.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, VBlew said:

That was a crazy trip. So glad Tyler is alive. Pete keeps getting messed up though. Hopefully he can still sing ok.

Don’t Blame the Band. Implies blaming everything else maybe? Who knows? This author is crazy and unpredictable.

Probably because he doesn’t know what’s going to happen until his fingers type it.

  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment

Thick drama. How much more can these people take? I love this. We all need to understand that nowhere near the Jersey Shore is safe and this is such a soap opera. Such a compelling soap opera. You will end up hospitalized 😂

Ease up on Pete?

I almost lost sight of the playlist and then Foreigner joins the conversation?  They’re as cold as ice…

❤️

  • Love 5
Link to comment

So, Lee, you are on v thin ice so don’t go skating soon, ok, capisce?

a rollercoaster of a read,  v enjoyable at the end. Well done

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
18 hours ago, RainbowPhoenixWI said:

Well that was a well played slip. You had me fooled. Lovely twist. 

It wasn't well played!  It was evil!  Pure evil!  Toying with us readers emotions like that.  (Sorry, @RainbowPhoenixWI.  I had to vent somewhere and your comment happened to fall in the crossfire.  Kind of like in the story, huh?)

  • Love 5
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Gary L said:

So, Lee, you are on v thin ice so don’t go skating soon, ok, capisce?

a rollercoaster of a read,  v enjoyable at the end. Well done

Cool. Rollercoasters are fun. Reading should be too. I’m glad I’m succeeding in that regard.

Oh, by the way, props on the proper use of capisce. Seeing ‘capish’ annoys the shit out of me.

Edited by Lee Wilson
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Quixo said:

It wasn't well played!  It was evil!  Pure evil!  Toying with us readers emotions like that.  (Sorry, @RainbowPhoenixWI.  I had to vent somewhere and your comment happened to fall in the crossfire.  Kind of like in the story, huh?)

You think I’m evil?  Challenge of being even more evil accepted. When the band freezes to death at a concert in Antarctica, it’s your fault, @Quixo 😀😈😃

  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Quixo said:

It wasn't well played!  It was evil!  Pure evil!  Toying with us readers emotions like that.  (Sorry, @RainbowPhoenixWI.  I had to vent somewhere and your comment happened to fall in the crossfire.  Kind of like in the story, huh?)

Holy cow, usually I'm the one calling the authors evil and vile. Sometimes I swear they enjoy playing heart strings like fiddles. *shrugs* at least Lee is a good artist about it. If this story keeps up like this I may have to start leaving emojis. ..... I still need to write someone about there not being a happy tears option for the reaction icons *insert mad panda face here* 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
48 minutes ago, RainbowPhoenixWI said:

Sometimes I swear they enjoy playing heart strings like fiddles. *shrugs* at least Lee is a good artist about it. 

Thanks, but I do like playing twister.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

@Lee Wilson, that was so cruel of you to do that to your readers! (Hits you on the shoulder a couple of times, hard). But you got us going though. Just like a great author would do. Bet you would make a great novelist like all the famous authors.

 

Hope Pete will be ok. Others will be ecstatic when they hear Tyler is ok. But poor Miles! Feel sympathy for Mrs Jackson though. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I can be a meanie when I want to be; writing that is. IRL I'm a nice guy. I have bridges to sell too if you bought that. But I did have second thoughts about killing Tyler. Rather than rewrite a chunk of the capture, I added in the mix-up.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..