Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 6,771 Words
  • 916 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story is an original work of gay and bisexual fiction. None of the people or events are real. While some of the town names used may be real, any other geographic references (school, events) are purely fictional. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is completely coincidental. This story depicts sexual situations between both young men, a young woman and a young man and a boy. If reading this is illegal where you reside, or you are not at least 18 years of age, you are reading at your own risk. This work is the property of the author, Lee R Wilson, and shall not be reproduced and/or re-posted without his permission.

Don't Blame The Band - 9. Tyler Pays Pete Back and More Cops

Saturday October 15 (late)

"So, how did your setup go?"

"Oh fuck, it was amazing Ant. I guess RB has about 4 reactions when meeting someone new. Worst is he breaks the hold and runs away screaming. As far as I know he only did that once with a druggie. Next is kind of complete indifference. No running, but it's obvious he's not happy. Then, starting with the good reactions, he'll happily shake your hand, maybe even smile at you. I gather Andy got one of these. Then, there's the 'holy shit, I love you' reaction. He adds a hug to the mix. I got one of these, so did Tyler. We're the only 2 that Cathy knows of."

"Sounds like you did good."

"Yeah, but it gets better. At one point they're holding hands. Not so much a big deal, RB did the same when he sat down next to me the first time. But later, they were kissing. Cathy said 5 times but they both corrected her and said 8."

"Wow. That's what I call hitting it off."

"Yeah, and beforehand I wasn't sure if RB was gay, or just horny. But you don't kiss a guy 8 times in the span of a couple hours if you're not gay."

"Nice. I guess I don't really have to worry about Tyler."

"He even left with them. I'd be curious about what happened in the back seat of that ride. And I said you didn't."

"OK. OK. I guess we'd better break that kissing record, just to be sure."

"Challenge accepted."

We spent the rest of the night alternating between kissing and chatting. He said he'd set up a reservation for us at 4 at Dominick's. At least I'd be able to describe the place I would use as part of my alibi if needed. We were probably close to 20 separate kisses. I didn't want to push Ant too hard, so I left reasonably early.

Sunday October 16

I called Cathy, Andy, and Tyler around noon, like I promised. RB already begged Andy to pick Tyler up on the way, so we just agreed to meet at Dominick's at 4.

"Nice place, you sure can afford this Pete?"

"Yeah, I haven't spent my entire settlement check yet Andy."

He and Tyler apparently raced to ask 'what settlement?' So, I recounted the story about Midtown Independent records to them.

"That's pretty cool Pete. It would have been nice to be real, but who knows, maybe some day,"

"Yeah, Andy. We can only hope. We did get that chance to open for another band, so it's not unrealistic to hope for something more."

Tyler's quiet through this, but he looks pensive. I'm wondering what he's thinking about.

"You're deep in thought Ty. What's up?"

"Oh, just imagining you guys at some place big, like Garden State Arts Center."

"Yeah, I do that at least once a day. Maybe even Giant's stadium."

We enjoy a really good Italian dinner. The waitress brings the check and I'm amazed at the half price discount. I pull the waitress aside and ask her why so much? She tells me, because I'm seeing Anthony, I got the Rossi family discount. I can't wait until I can thank him fully. But tonight, it was more making out and talking about more potential songs. We figured, if we can't do much sexually, we can use the time to further our music careers, at least hopefully.

Monday October 17

Once again I catch up with Tyler at lunch time.

"Hey buddy, how was the rest of your weekend?"

"It was amazing. You obviously know I left with RB after the show. Andy was cool. He noticed us kissing again and flipped the radio up front so we could also talk quietly without being heard. We didn't cum, but we fondled each other through our jeans in the dark. When Andy dropped me off, we had an awesome French kiss. It was just, I guess you'd say, just regular kisses until then."

"So it turned out like you guessed, the best weekend of your life?"

"By far, and I didn't even get to Sunday after your amazing dinner. I went back to his house. Meeting his parents was a little strange. He hadn't come out to them before, he said he never really considered himself gay until he met you."

Uh oh.

"What else did he say about me?"

"Nothing surprising, just that he liked you a lot, more than any boy. Once he found out you were gay, he figured that's why he liked you so much, and it solidified it in his mind."

"OK. So what happened with his parents?"

"Like I said, it was strange. Listening to him explaining that he realized he was gay fairly recently, and saying how he felt about me, with me sitting there. He only used the lesser 'L' word, but it still felt weird."

"How did they take it?"

"Pretty good I guess. They kind of had an idea, I guess. They didn't seem completely surprised anyway."

"How did they react to you?"

"They were friendly, nice. They hoped RB would be happy spending time with me. I didn't get any feeling they had any problems with me."

"That's great. Well, good luck. No twenty questions game with his dad?"

"No? What do you mean?"

"He might only do that with guys taking Cathy out. He wants to know that her virtue is safe. Do you consider yourselves boyfriends?"

"No, not yet. But we do like each other a lot. We did jerk each other off in his room later."

"You dog, you. Well, I hope things do move forward for you if you want it to."

"Oh, I definitely want it to, but I'm not going to move faster than he wants. I don't want to spoil anything. Plus, I've never done more than jerking off with another guy anyway. If he was just a guy who wanted to fool around, that's one thing. I probably would do more. But having a relationship, I want to make sure it feels right to both of us, you know?"

"Exactly. That's how it was with Ant. We moved forward when we both were ready."

"Cool. If, like, I need advice as things move forward, can I ask you?"

"Sure. Like I said, I want to be friends. Friends help friends."

"Yeah, cool. I'll help you out any time you need it too."

"Hey, just curious, I never asked, just assumed you were pretty close to my age. How old are you anyway?"

"I turned 18 in August. I was a sickly child. Missed almost all of first grade, so I had to repeat it."

"Oh, man, sorry to hear that."

"It's OK. I really don't remember much of it, just remember being in the hospital a lot."

"I guess everything is OK now though?"

"Oh, yeah. Once they finally figured out what was wrong. Well, all that was wrong. I had 3 surgeries before they fixed everything."

"Oh, shit."

"Yeah. First they thought it was just one blockage, then they fixed a second blockage. Finally, they got the last one, but by then, three fingers and half my left hand had died because of blood starvation. So fixing the third blockage and a partial amputation."

"Glad to hear they finally got it and you're good now. I wondered about your hand, but didn't want to seem rude and ask. I hope your dad's insurance was good."

"Um, not really."

"Oh, sorry. Sore spot, I guess. Anyway, when are you going to see RB again?"

"It's OK, but yeah. Dad had to declare bankruptcy and it's been a struggle for mom and me ever since. If her brother didn't step up to take care of us after dad split, at least until..."

Tyler's starting to get emotional, time to shut this down.

"Shit, I'm sorry bud. Really, let's change the subject. You don't need to dredge all that up for me."

"It's old news, but, yeah. I'll be going over his house after school today. But just put the exclamation point on my story. Dad straightened up, got a good job, but was killed in a car accident. Between my uncle and the life insurance, we get by OK."

"Oh, fuck. Now I really wish I knew you sooner. I bet my dad could have gotten you guys a settlement from the accident."

"We did get one. It just wasn't huge. Like I said, we do OK."

"Good. Man, if I knew that before, I would have said bring your mother along to dinner."

"Thanks, but she was working anyway."

"Got it. OK, on to happier things. Think you can get to one of the shows this weekend? I'd really like Ant to meet you, and you him."

"I can try. Mom works second shift during the week, so I'd need a ride again. I'd like to save most of the weekend for RB."

"That's no problem. Just let me know. Your house is pretty much on the way."

"Will do. Lunch is way too short. I wish we could talk more, I enjoy being with you. You're like the best friend I ever had."

"Wow. That's nice. Well, I'm glad to have reached that pinnacle. If you ever want to talk, we don't have to meet just at lunch. Like I said once before, aside from the band schedule, I'm pretty much free."

"Cool. Thanks. OK, well, I'll see you around."

"Yep. Later."

As usual, Monday evening is spent with the band. Ant's a little tired afterward so he heads home to get more rest. First day of real activity for him, it was understandable.

Tuesday October 18

We're going to take a little trip into Tyler's life for a bit. He's been thinking how he can thank Pete for everything he's done. It takes a discussion after school with his mother before he has his solution. Tuesday is one of her nights off from the nursing home.

"How is everything with your friend Pete?"

"It's good mom. I had a good talk with him at lunch yesterday, gave him some of my history."

"Are you sure that was OK?"

"Yeah, he's been great to me. Like I told him, he's become the best friend I've ever had. Besides, I didn't go into a whole lot of detail. He said if he knew that we had it difficult, he would have invited you to dinner Sunday too."

"Well, that was nice. You told him I was working anyway, right?"

"Yeah. And you'll get to meet RB tonight. He's coming over here instead of me going there."

"And how are things going with him?"

"Great. I hope we'll become boyfriends at some point, but I don't want to rush things. Letting him set the pace. I just wish there was some way I could thank Pete for all he's done."

"Why don't you call your Uncle Larry? Maybe he can help his music career. You said he wrote a bunch of songs you thought were really good."

"I don't know. Uncle Larry did so much for us, I'd really hate to ask him for a favor."

"Tell him about their shows and let him decide. You know, if he signs a new group, he gets part of their royalties. He'd benefit if it worked out, so it's not all favor. You could be helping him too."

"Hmm. I didn't think of that. You think he's still at work?"

"It's not even 4, I would guess he is."

"Thanks mom. I'll give him a call."

"Atlantic Records, Larry Connor speaking."

"Hi Uncle Larry, it's Tyler."

"Hey Tyler. It's good to hear from you. How are things going?"

"Better than ever. I have two new friends, one of which I hope will become a boyfriend, and the other, well, he's just done so much for me lately. I was thinking of what I could do to thank him and mom thought of you."

"Glad to hear things are going well. But, connect the dots for me?"

"Oh, yeah. His name's Pete Daggett. He's in a band and they're really good. Pete said they even had an offer to open for another band, but that fell through because, um, well he and another one of the members got beat up because they were gay."

"Wait. I know that story. The Storm, or something like that?"

"The Swarm, yeah."

"Holy shit. Fucking small world."

"Um, now I need the dots connected."

"OK. I've already dealt with them. I'm the guy that offered them the shows."

"No shit?"

"Nope. So, they're back performing?"

"Yeah. I'm not exactly sure how long they've been back. Actually Anthony, the other guy that got beat up, had to miss this past weekend recovering from another hospital stay. But he'll be back this week."

"Wow, but you're right. They are really good. I'd definitely want to work with you to help your friend out. It was a mad scramble to get another band, well, two really, to fill in. I was real excited about the mini-contract we set up. I need to talk to Wayne, my boss. See if he has any ideas. You think you can get me a demo tape of their songs? Drop my name so they know it's kosher. That, and we already put in the paperwork to copyright those songs for them, so there's no risk to them."

"I can definitely ask Pete. If they already know you, I don't see why they would hesitate."

"Great. I'll talk to Wayne. Let me know about the demo. Wait, you still got that nice sound system I got for you?"

"Yeah. I'll never give that up. Why?"

"I'll get back to you on that. How's your mom?"

"She's good. Long hours at the nursing home, but we're keeping afloat."

"Good. Tell her I said hi. And I will hopefully be stopping by to pick up that tape, and talk about something else."

"OK, I will. Thanks for the help."

"Oh, no. Thank you. If this works out, I could make a bundle. Gotta go, almost late for a meeting. Bye Tyler."

"So long Uncle Larry."

Holy shit. That couldn't have worked out any better. I'd love to call Pete about it right now, but he's probably at Ant's, plus I'd rather see the look on his face when I tell him who my uncle is. Lunchtime tomorrow it is.

Back to Pete's world.

"Hey Ant. How you feeling today? You were a little worn out after the rehearsal yesterday."

"Yeah. You sit on your ass for a week and it's tough to get back into a rhythm. But I'm good today. How's things going for you?"

"Quiet, actually. Back into the spend time with Ant, school, practice, and show, cycle."

"Nice to know I come first in the list."

"Of course."

"So, music first, or making out?"

"Let's go alphabetically."

"Gee, I never would have guessed that."

"I thought about surprising you. For a tenth of a second maybe."

We lie down on Ant's bed and lock lips. He's allowed to step up the activity now, I'm taking advantage of every upgrade. Not that I want to push him, but I love him, I can't help myself, (sugar pie, honey bunch). We spend about a half hour almost constantly making out before he says he needs a break. We start looking again with a couple of the poems I wrote while I was laid up, 'Enemies Never Survive' and 'Daggar in the Back' this time around. Like I said before, I was feeling dark at that time. We close off the night with another heavy duty make-out session.

Wednesday October 19

It's lunchtime, and Tyler is wearing a huge smile as he's walking toward me.

"Hey buddy. I can't believe the smile is because you lost the big V, but maybe lost the oral V?"

"Nope, we're still at hand jobs. It's about you."

"Well, I know we haven't done anything. I can't wait to hear."

"I've been thinking about how to say this to get the biggest reaction. I'm hoping a little subtle works."

"I'll act surprised no matter what."

"Oh, I'm sure acting won't be necessary. Three questions. Do you remember a guy named Larry Connor?"

"Yeah, of course. Atlantic Records. He's the one that set us up with those tour dates before Ant and I got beat. What about him?"

"I'm asking the questions here. I told you about an uncle helping us out. Want to guess who that uncle is?"

"No fucking way!"

"I spoke with Uncle Larry yesterday, care to guess what he wants me to try to get from you?"

"Shit, I can't think of anything. Obviously he heard us play already. Wait. If I'm right, I might have to kiss you."

"You may be right, but, no, you're not kissing me."

"He wants a demo tape?"

"And Pete gets the triple crown!"

"Oh, my God. You have to come with me to rehearsal tonight. The guys won't believe it if I tell them. They'll think I'm playing a joke on them. I've done it before."

"Only if RB can come too."

"Sure, no problem there. I just hope you two won't be bored."

"If we are, you lend us the car keys and we'll sit in your car making out. Or more."

"I guess I better make sure I have tissues in there."

So a little before 6 I call Tyler to see if I have to make one or two stops. RB's at his house, so it's just one. I get there and I can tell something is going on, or maybe went on.

"God, you look like two of the eight dwarfs."

"Eight? There's only 7."

"I just added one Ty. You guys are Happy and Smiley."

"And we're not dwarfs."

"OK, bad joke RB. Two cats that ate the canary?"

"He he. We ate something, but it wasn't a canary."

"Congrats on taking the next step Ty. You too RB. I guess I didn't need the tissues after all."

"Well, you never know."

"I hope you know you've got a horndog for a friend there RB."

"Boyfriend. I know."

"You took on the label. Double congrats."

"Thanks." "Thank you."

"I feel like I should be wearing a suit and cap with the two of you back there."

"Eyes on the road driver. He he."

"I'll keep my eyes on the road if you guys can keep your hands to yourselves RB."

"Should we get out and walk RB?"

"We'd have to jump out. He won't stop the car until we get to a red light. We'll have to test his will power."

"I've created two-headed wiseass monster."

"Four heads."

"Oh my God Ty. I think I'll just shut up and drive. I feel like the straight man in a bad comedy act."

"You would make a pretty bad straight man."

They're laughing hysterically at RB's joke. I take my own advice. I shut up and drive. Fortunately we're almost at Eddie's.

"What's this, backup singers?"

"No, but if we need them David..."

"OK, why the visitors?"

"Tyler has something to tell you. He told me earlier and I knew you wouldn't believe me, so I asked him to come. But first, Tyler Watkins, Anthony Rossi."

They shake hands and say hi.

"And why my cousin?"

"Tyler asked if he could come too. I'll let one of them explain why. Maybe get that one out of the way first?"

"Sure. I really only came because I was going over to his house anyway, but we also wanted to tell Pete, and now I guess all of you, we're boyfriends now."

"Um. Congrats, I guess. When did you decide, or discover, you were gay RB?"

"I think it was about the time Pete came out to Cathy and me. When we made up after our fight."

The rest of the guys say congrats as well.

"I bet we'll still never learn what that was all about."

"Hit that nail on the head Eddie. I told ya. Gabe can get the story from Cathy after I'm dead. Anyway, give them the news Ty."

"OK. You guys remember Larry Connor, right?"

They all say they do.

"I wanted to do something special for Pete for everything he's done for me lately, not the least of which was introducing me to RB."

"So you called this guy out of the blue?"

"Sort of. But since he's my uncle it wasn't all that big a deal Eddie."

"Your uncle?"

"Yeah Rich."

"And what did this uncle say he would do?"

"Bring a demo tape of yours to his boss, David. And since you had that 3-concert contract with Atlantic, they already have the songs copyrighted for you. No risk."

"Oh, man. This is some weird chain of events. Gabe's cousin introduces Pete to the band. We agree to have him join. We get reviewed by Keith Sawyer after that, which brings the crowds. Those crowds include a putz from a fake record label who wanted to steal our songs. Pete's dad is a lawyer who knew another lawyer in the entertainment arena. She sues the putz for us, gets us a pretty healthy chunk of change. We get noticed by your uncle, get a break, lose that break because Pete and Ant get beat up because they're gay and are boyfriends. And then it all gets tied up in a neat little bow when Pete befriends Tyler, who is Larry's nephew and a real record company wants a demo tape. If I could have written that up, even Reader's Digest wouldn't buy it."

"Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes Eddie. But you forgot the jackass that outed Ant and me."

"Well, yeah, throw that in there too. But you ain't kidding Pete. Now, how do we get a good recording? Nothing against what you did Ant, while we were working on them. But this needs to sound real good."

"No worries. I agree. A portable tape recorder just won't cut it."

"I bet that's why my uncle mentioned the sound system he bought me."

"Sound system?"

"Yeah Anthony. Top of the line stereo equipment, but it also has a kick-ass recorder. It'd be impossible to use it at my house, coz the house is so small. But I bet I can bring the recorder, mic, and a couple speakers here."

"You'd do that for us?"

"Sure Anthony. I owe Pete way more than that. You guys don't know how bad my life sucked before Pete decided to make friends with me. You're looking at my hand. That's not even the most suckworthy aspect."

"OK guys. I propose we hire Tyler as our sound engineer, responsible for all our recordings. He'll get a piece of the pie if we get signed."

"No Eddie. You don't need to do that."

"You're right, I don't need to. But if you didn't get introduced to us, and just by coincidence you have a kick-ass sound system, we may never have gotten this opportunity. So I want to do it. All in favor?"

Needless to say we all agreed.

"We take our income, the band gets 2 shares each, Tyler gets one?"

Another agreement. At this point Tyler's practically crying.

"You guys. Shit, you hardly know me and because I have a good sound system, you want to make me a part of the team."

"Don't forget an uncle in the music business. That's two points. Hey, it's a real contribution and is worth being compensated for. You didn't see any of the guys complain when I asked. We sign any contracts, you're part of it."

"My God. Thanks you guys."

"Don't thank us yet. Wait until there's actually a financial impact. OK, we need to spend some time on Friday's set, get Ant back in the groove. I'm guessing since you two came with Pete, you expected to hang, right?"

"Yeah. We both love listening to you guys play. We'll sit off to the side and just listen."

They never asked for the car keys.

Thursday October 20

Tyler said he could come to Eddie's again tonight and at least start recording. Depending what songs we do. He'll just need a little help carrying it out of his room.

I get home after school and the doorbell rings. Shit, Thursdays must be freak out Pete day.

"Come on in detectives. Have a seat and I'll run and go get mom."

I come back with mom and I'm preparing myself for the worst. I need to get out from under the microscope I think I'm under.

"Mrs. Daggett, Pete. We chased down pretty much all of our suspect's KAs. Then we brought pictures to the witness again. She didn't recognize any of them. We even had a photo of the suspect we picked up, had to charge him or let him go. Anyway, she didn't even point out the guy we released. So, unfortunately, we're back to square one. Sorry the news isn't better, but we'll keep trying."

"Detective Weston, I've been thinking about who may have had an issue with me. I didn't consider them because they're dead. But Jack Turner and Lester Mavis, two of the guys that died in that warehouse fire about a month ago, they had been pretty mean to me after I was outed. I can't believe either of them would go beyond words though. They'd always been all talk, no action. Maybe you can show the witness their pictures. I don't think they were in the paper, so I'm not sure where you'll get pictures from. I know it's a slim chance, but who knows?"

"Yeah, like they say in our circle, no stone unturned. It's worth a shot. Nobody else seems to fit the bill. It would actually make sense, not being able to find anything. Thanks for the tip. We'll be going now. Goodbye."

"Bye."

"Do you really think those two boys did it?"

"I don't know mom. They can't find anybody else. I doubt it, though."

After dinner I head to Tyler's to help him put the sound system in my car.

"Thanks for coming over. I can do most things with 1.4 hands, lifting and carrying can get a little tricky."

"No sweat, you're doing us a favor making a better quality demo tape, least I can do is help move it."

"OK, I have it all disconnected, mic and wires packed up good. Speakers are by the door. This piece here is the recorder. You can just slide it out. It's a little heavy for me, but it shouldn't be a problem for you."

I slide the recorder out like he said and follow him out to my car, him opening the front door for me. He's carrying the wires and mic. We make a second trip for the speakers.

"We'll only use these to preview the recording. I think we should get a good recording in one or two shots. Once I get the levels right for the first song, the rest should be a breeze."

He locks the door and we head to Eddie and David's. They have a converted double garage with David's drums near one corner and Eddie's keyboards in another. Then the rest of us are scattered in front of them.

"Hi guys. With the way you're setup, I think having the recorder just on the opposite side, about here, facing away from you guys. That's so I can see it and you all at the same time."

I bring the recorder to where he says.

"If you can put the speakers right next to it, again facing away… Perfect. Give me a minute to wire it back together, then we can start."

"You're the boss tonight Tyler. Just tell us what and when."

"Thanks David."

After a couple minutes, he's ready.

"I'm not recording yet, but start the first song so I can get the volume set right."

We follow his directions and like he said, after a little adjusting during the first song and a couple restarts along the way and we have all 6 down, plus 'Free Bird.' We thought it might be worthwhile if the record company hears us at our absolute best. When he plays them back through his speakers, which must have cost a couple hundred dollars each, they sound so good.

"That sounds great Tyler."

"Thanks Rich. What I'll do when I get home, Pete you can bring it back into my room tonight?"

"Yeah, I was expecting that."

"Thanks. After it's back together I'll re-record just the good stuff onto a high quality cassette, let my uncle know it's ready and he'll come pick it up. I'll probably do that tomorrow after school. I'd guess he could be bringing it in as early as Monday. Then, we wait."

We spend a little more time tuning up on some of the other Saturday songs. Tyler has everything ready to go well before we finish. He just sits quietly, listening and smiling.

"Mind if I follow you guys? Maybe I can help carry and then drop over your house for a while Pete?"

"OK with me. Tyler, you OK with Ant following?"

"Yeah, sure."

Once we get back to my house, Ant and I do a relatively short make-out session. I also fill him in on the detective's visit earlier.

"See, nothing to worry about. You pointed them at the right guys. They died making meth, case closed. As long as the witness recognizes their photos, the cops won't follow up any more."

Friday October 21

Tyler gave me a call just before I left for the show. He made the demo tape and called his uncle. Larry will be over his house tomorrow to visit and pick it up.

"That's awesome. I'll tell the guys tonight. Seeing RB tonight?"

"Yeah mom."

"OK, OK. Just curious. I won't keep asking. I just want to make sure you're still happy. Have fun and see you in school on Monday."

"Maybe tomorrow night. If Uncle Larry is free, we'll be at Garson's."

"Sweet. OK, well then, tomorrow night or Monday. Take care bud. Gotta run."

"Bye."

I get to Garson's and as has been the case lately, the crowd seems to get smaller every week. I search out Paul to ask him.

"Hey Paul."

"Hi Pete. How's it going?"

"Good. That's what I was going to ask you. Is it me or are the crowds shrinking a little bit every week?"

"It's not you. It's hardly enough to notice, but when I look at the receipts week-to-week, there is a slight downturn. Not enough to get worried about, but enough to pay attention to."

"Hmm. Maybe we need to freshen up the set lists."

"Hey, anything you want to do to bring more people in, or back, go for it."

"I'll tell you something not a lot of people know. We're getting a demo tape brought into Atlantic Records by an Atlantic employee. Not sure what he does, but the guy that set us up for those concerts last month that we had to cancel; turns out he's an uncle of one my new friends. Tyler said his uncle will be picking up the tape we made last night, tomorrow."

"Congrats. Yeah, advertising from a record company? I might need to put in an upstairs, he he."

I hit the storerom and give the guys the demo tape news. Everybody's happy and hopeful something will come of it. I also mention the slight shrinking of the crowds. Apparently, they noticed too.

"I don't know what we can do short-term, maybe learn a couple different songs for each set. 'Live Your Own Life' and 'Trust Your Fears' would probably work OK with the southern rock set. We're already playing a lot of popular stuff."

"Yeah, we can try that I guess Eddie. Let’s take ideas from everybody about songs we can add. But they have to be popular. Songs everybody knows. Can you all think about it and bring your ideas on Monday?"

"Sounds good David."

We all respond similarly as Gabe. After the show, Ant and I discuss my poems again.

"I think we need to take another look at your poems. If we do land with Atlantic, we'll want a few more songs if they want us to cut an album. No offense, but the latest two we've been looking at probably aren't going to float too well in the mainstream."

"Yeah, they're not my favorites either. They’ll sink. You still have the copies I made you?"

"Yep. Let me just dig them out of my desk."

"Ah, the desk where paper goes to die."

"Yeah, but I know that's not buried too deep. Here it is."

We take another look and pick out 4 more that mostly fit the theme of the first 6. Straight rock and roll or southern rock candidates. We settle on 'There's Time Enough to Die,' 'Will My Love Grow?,' 'In Another World,' and 'Watching Life Go By.' Adding them to what we already have should be pretty good, as long as we can get the melodies to work. If we put them on an album in the order we finished them, the track listing would look like this:

'Live Your Own Life'
'Love, Hate, War, and Peace'
'Try Harder'
'Running Out of Time'
'Trust Your Fears'
'Eye Meets Eye'
'There's Time Enough to Die'
'Will My Love Grow?'
'In Another World'
'Watching Life Go By'

Pretty much all about love, living and loving life. We take a real close look at the final four and pick 'There's Time Enough to Die' to focus on first. The title may seem negative, but it's really a positive lyric. We agreed we'd go back to our previous schedule, working Tuesday evenings and Thursday after rehearsal. Thinking some more, since we're not doing much sexually, we add Sunday afternoon or evening, depending on what the families may have planned.

Let's peek in on Tyler and RB from a little earlier in the evening, shall we?

"It's really great that your mom works second shift Ty. We get your house all to ourselves. No parents or siblings to interrupt or catch us. Believe me, I know that last part is a bitch."

"Cathy caught you doing things? I thought you never dated before me."

"Um, yeah. Actually it was me doing the catching."

"Do tell Rob. And when are we going to let everybody know you prefer Rob now?"

"I guess next time we're all together. Can I tag along with your uncle and you tomorrow night?"

"Sure. I'd like for you to meet him anyway. He's been a pretty important figure in my life since my dad left then died. But back to the interrupting or catching..."

"So, yeah, when Cathy was seeing Pete, I was just coming out of my 'sleep like the dead' phase, so I spied on them a couple times."

"Does this have something to do with what Eddie said last night, about never finding out what happened?"

"Yeah. I probably shouldn't go into details. Pete would probably kill me."

"That bad?"

"Yeah. Shit, you're my boyfriend now. I can't keep secrets from you. But you have to promise to never, never, ever, say a word about this to anybody. If Pete doesn't kill me, well, bad things can still happen."

"I promise. Want a drink before we start?"

"Yeah. Think we can sneak a beer each?"

"Yeah. Actually mom doesn't care if I have one once in a while, as long as I'm home."

Tyler comes back with two Coors Lights.

"Sorry it's a wimpy beer, but that's what mom buys for herself."

"That's OK. I've only had beer a couple times before. I wouldn't know what a real good one was anyway."

"OK, boyfriend, spill your secrets."

"Ha ha. Well, the first time I watched them, it was just mutual masturbation. Cathy went wild when she came. Pete squirted all over his chest."

"Ah, the beginnings of your gayness, watching him cum."

"When you put it like that; you may be right. Anyway. The next time was better. They had oral sex. Pete made Cathy cum and then she made him cum. But after he came in her mouth, they kissed and shared his cum."

"That's hot. I bet you were wanking like crazy. And, we gotta try that."

"I had to be quiet, so really I was just rubbing myself through my underpants. OK, so far that's not too bad. But here comes the part I need to be honest with my boyfriend about."

"OK. This happened before we met, so I can't get upset about any of it."

"Hopefully. There might be one part. Anyway. I was almost 18, never had any sexual contact with another person. Partially because of being so shut into myself. Anyway, I saw that as a chance to experience something I never had before, and at that point, thought maybe I never would. I was really a terrible friend and brother and I'm still sorry this all happened. But for the first time in my life, my dick led me astray."

"Um. I'm not sure I want to hear any more. You didn't do something with Cathy, did you?"

"Oh, hell no. I wouldn't and she never would either. She was afraid she'd go to hell. Anyway, I told them I would tell my parents what they did if one of them didn't give me a blowjob. I knew it wouldn't be Cathy, and I didn't care that it would have to be Pete. Like I said, my dick was driving."

"So Pete blew you?"

"Yeah. I'm not proud of what I did and over time, they forgave me. But the story doesn't end there."

"OK. Continue."

"So that weekend I went to their show again with Cathy. Pete tried to get back at me by starting to play my favorite song, then switching to something else. I was pissed. So the next time he was over and my parents weren't home, they go out Tuesday nights to play cards, I made him blow me again."

"How long did this go on?"

"That was the end of the blowjobs. But I stepped it up because I was about to turn 18. Pete was still 17. I figured my last chance before he could turn the tables on me and get me arrested."

"Oh, no."

"Oh, yes. I made him let me fuck him. I knew it was wrong when I was doing it, but something in me didn't care."

Tyler can't find any words to say.

"Right after we both came, Cathy walked into my room."

"Pete came while you were fucking him?"

"Yeah, he figures I kind of helped him discover he was gay. Well, me and Anthony. By that time he was seeing Anthony too."

Again, Tyler is speechless.

"Cathy threw his clothes out on the front porch and kicked him out. That ended their relationship."

"I. Um. God. I appreciate you telling me this, being honest and all that. But I gotta tell you. It bothers me. Not that you've had sex before, what sex you had before I came along, I can't complain about. But fuck Rob. You basically raped him. I have to think about that."

"Sorry Ty. I thought being honest was the better way to go."

"It usually is. On the positive side, I don't hate you because of this. I just need to digest it and come to terms with it. Fuck. I need another beer."

"I guess I should go home then. I hope you can forgive me. I don't want to lose you. I finaly have someone I can share my life with. I hope I didn't fuck it up completely."

"Yeah. I think for tonight, that's best. I have one bright spot. If Pete could forgive you, what right do I have not to? But I still need to think."

"OK. Goodnight. Call me tomorrow? Let me know where your head is at? Please?”

"Yes, I'll do that."

RB, Rob; leaves. Mrs. Watkins comes home after her shift to find Tyler asleep on the couch, four beer cans on the coffee table. Three together, one set apart. Tyler obviously felt he needed to look at the issue through beer goggles.


Next up - "Unresolved Issues Become Clearer - Well, or Badly?"

Wow, I left quite a bit hanging after this chapter. Hopefully, I won't leave you all hanging too long :devil:
Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 17
  • Wow 2
  • Angry 1
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great news for Tyler connecting with his Uncle. It’s a small world, with all of those thin threads of connection.

Rob, RB, was good telling Tyler about his past. He wanted to be honest starting this new relationship, and not hiding anything.  That was really brave as it could mean the end of the relationship, or make them stronger.  Waiting to find out.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Very fortuitous that that Tylers uncle is the guy from Atlantic records.

I can't really give you a reason why I feel this but I suspect it was a mistake for Pete to bring up Jack Turner and Lester Mavis to the detectives.

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Gary L said:

I fear you are right wiener dog …..

Geez, I hate it when you guys peek at the next chapter, he he.

  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Gary L said:

Mr Lee you like torturing yr readers as well as yr characters 😱😱😱😱😱

I love the interaction with the readers this site provides. Feedback is so important. Especially good feedback. It feeds the ego and keeps the creative juices flowing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Sherye Story Reader said:

Poor Tyler, he probably thinks his boyfriend is a bad guy. Hope everything turns out with Atlantic though. 

He’s more confused about the whole thing than anything else. Things may work out. We shall see.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..