Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 8,838 Words
  • 1,233 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story is an original work of gay and bisexual fiction. None of the people or events are real. While some of the town names used may be real, any other geographic references (school, events) are purely fictional. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is completely coincidental. This story depicts sexual situations between both young men, a young woman and a young man and a boy. If reading this is illegal where you reside, or you are not at least 18 years of age, you are reading at your own risk. This work is the property of the author, Lee R Wilson, and shall not be reproduced and/or re-posted without his permission.

Don't Blame The Band - 3. I'm Coming Out and Fallout from Cathy

I'm not a lawyer, so any mistakes in the legal scenarios are completely on me. If they're incorrect in any way, just remember, this is fiction - none of it really needs to be accurate.

Friday July 15

It's time for the show at Garson's. I've been nervous all day, not because of the show of course. I'm on another plane when I'm on stage. Ant and I agreed to tell the rest of band about us. I've been going back and forth in my mind, if it's a good idea or not. I called Ant again about an hour ago, he's still sure we should do it. I really hope none of them have a problem with it.

We finish the first set and head to the storeroom for our break. I've been off a little bit all night. Not enough that the audience really noticed anything, but the rest of the band did.

"Pete, you seemed out of it for that whole set. You feeling OK?"

"Yeah Eddie. I've had a lot on my mind recently. I have something to tell you all and I've been struggling with how to say it."

"You're not leaving the band?"

"God no David. That's not it. (Deep breath). You guys all know that there's been a problem between Cathy and me. Not that this is the main cause of my discomfort, but it's definitely been a factor. I'm probably not making enough sense. OK, I've been confused about my life lately. Anthony's been helping me through it, without him, I'd be a total mess. Ant and I haven't just been writing songs together. We've become, I guess one way of saying it is, romantically involved. We're gay and are seeing each other."

Everybody looks from me to Ant and back. Ant nods his agreement. I can't tell if they're more upset or shocked.

"I knew there was something going on between the two of you. I just couldn't figure out what. Right Eddie?"

"Yeah David. You did say that."

Ant finally speaks up.

"Well, does anybody have a problem with it?"

"Not me. Like I said, I suspected something. I'm sure Eddie feels the same way, as long as it doesn't affect the band, knock yourselves out."

"Yep, as usual, my brother and I are in synch. Gabe, Rich?"

"Well, aside from my cousin being upset about whatever happened, and I guess this is it, I personally don't have an issue with you guys being together. Whatever floats your boat. Work things out with Cathy and I'm cool."

"Yeah, if this makes the songs you guys put together better, when's the wedding?"

We laugh at Rich's joke. I grab Ant's hand. He continues to add to the conversation.

"Thanks guys. We didn't want this to affect the band but we were obviously worried about how you'd all take it. We're not ready to tell the world, but felt you guys had to be told before something happens and it gets out. And you know something always does."

"Yeah thanks for not freaking out."

"Hey, we gotta stick together. Things are looking up for us. Bigger crowds, new songs. Just don't make a move on us and we're all good."

"Oh, but Eddie, we were hoping we could all have an orgy together."

"I know you're kidding Pete. But that isn't even remotely funny. But you trying to make a joke is a good sign. I think the second half of the show will be more like we're used to."

Eddie was right. I was pretty much back to my normal stage self, the audience was rowdy. Things didn't go south until we got back to the storeroom after the encore. Cathy and RB are there. I react probably a little more harshly than I should have. No, scratch that. A lot more harshly. And no probably about it.

"Shit. What the fuck are you two doing here?"

"Well, first, it's a public place. Paul let us back here. But you won't return my calls and RB wants to apologize."

"I'm not ready to talk to you yet after the way you kicked me out. And RB? RB can take his apology and fuck himself with it. I need some air."

Ant starts to follow me.

"No Ant. I'm sorry. I need to be alone for a couple minutes."

I go out the side door and straight to my car. If I go back in, someone's going to say something I don't need anyone else to hear.

Back in the storeroom, everybody's shocked. RB's crying. Gabe and Cathy try to console him.

"It's all my fault. I'm sorry Cathy. Gabe, you and the band too. I hope he'll be back for you guys. Can we go home Cathy?"

"I wish I knew what was going on here."

"Sorry Eddie. I don't think I can talk about it with anyone other than Pete at this time."

"It's OK Cath. Get RB home. Tell me what you can, when you can."

Cathy and RB leave. Eddie still wants to know what's going on.

"Ant? If you know something, I'd like to hear it."

"Sorry Eddie. Like Cathy said, this needs to start with Pete. I'll go outside and talk to him, at least make sure he's not going to do anything stupid."

Ant steps out but is back a minute later.

"He's not out there and his car is gone. I'll head to his house and try to talk to him."

"Thanks Ant. Let us know what happens. Fuck."

"Sure Eddie. Um, can someone put my bass away?"

"I got you covered."

"Thanks Gabe. I'll be in touch."

While all this is going on I head to a beach parking lot and go sit on the sand wondering how my life got so fucked up so quick. The sounds of the ocean have a calming effect, but I still sit there for almost three hours before I get up to head home. I figure I can't leave things the way they are with Cathy, I don't think Gabe will ever be OK with me if I don't at least smooth things over with her. That probably includes burying the hatchet with RB too. With RB, not IN RB, which is where I'm still at. Not sure I'm ready to do either of those yet, but I don't think I can wait too long. Ant had been at my house, waited for me for a long while, but finally gave up, hoping I'm alright. I guess I am. At least I didn't walk into the ocean. I swim as well as a rock with sticks for arms and legs. If the water's deeper than 3 feet, it ain't for me. Maybe 4.

Saturday July 16

The phone is ringing but I've been locked in my room since I got home last night, except for a short period of time to go grab something to eat this morning.

"Pete, it's Anthony."

"Tell him I'll talk to him later mom."

I can't talk to anybody about this right now. I go to the door so I can at least hear mom's half of the conversation.

"He said he'll talk to you later... Well, he seemed a little moody when he came out to get something to eat, but no, I wouldn't say depressed... You probably know better what's going on in his head than me. You've spent quite a bit of time with him lately... OK, bye Anthony."

It didn't sound like Anthony spilled the beans about our relationship. I'm still going to have to come out to mom and dad soon. I'm just not up for it today. Bad enough there's a rehearsal and show, but I'll suck it up through those. I'm cool with the guys. I don't know what I'll do if Cathy shows up again tonight, with or without fuck-face.

I come out of hiding to get lunch before the rehearsal. Mom's obviously concerned, but I think I do a good enough job convincing her I'm OK. She thinks I'm beating myself up about breaking up with Cathy. That's partially right, but I can't seem to get over being pissed at RB. Maybe that's normal. It's not like I'd ever been blackmailed into gay sex before to have anything to compare it to. I also think I'm pissed at him because he got me to think of myself as gay. Not to mention actually enjoying what we were doing. I mean, I thought I was normal!

Rehearsal is good. I feel better around the band, especially Anthony. It's good we don't have to hide our feelings around them. Not like we'll ever make out in front of them, but we don't have to act, well, colder to each other. Our songs are sounding real good and I'm looking forward to singing them for our fans. We decided to put them in the show tonight.

Ant and I go out to grab an early dinner so we can relax before the show. Our excitement will come during and after the show. It'll be weird going over to Anthony's to make out after the show after doing that with Cathy, but I'm happier this way. I just hope nothing ever comes out about what happened with RB.

"So really, how are you doing Pete?"

"I'm OK. Still not ready to face Cathy and if I never see RB again, it wouldn't bother me. I can't see myself ever forgiving him. If the worst happens and all that comes out, I guess I'll be fucked, but I have to try to forget about that and just move on. I'm happy I have you. I'd be a total wreck without you."

"Good to hear you're not falling apart, and yeah, I'm here for you."

Ant grabs my hand under the table. That's as much of a show of affection we want to do in public, even though the sub shop we came to is pretty empty. We head in our separate directions to go get dressed for the show. We now have 4 different sets of the t-shirts Eddie designed. Black and white versions of the original with just "The Swarm" and he came up with another design, with black and white versions as well. We're all drawn with bee's wings and black and yellow striped shirts. It's kind of corny, but Paul sells all of them at the hideout and the bees are more popular. Go figure.

We're four songs into the first set and it's time to debut the new songs.

"Feeling good Garson's?"

They are.

"We've got a little surprise for you all tonight. The band has been working on a couple songs to add to the set, and we're going to play them now. We hope you like them. Words and music by 'The Swarm.' The first one's called 'Live Your Own Life.'"

We play the song, and even though it's slower than most of what we play, it seems well received. The applause afterward is just as loud as any other song we play.

"Thank you. Thank you. We hoped it wouldn't be a flop. The second is called 'Love, Hate, War, and Peace.' It's a little faster and heavier."

The reaction is similar, but they definitely seem more into it than the first. We later finish out our sets with 'Born to Run' with 'Free Bird' as the encore. Walking into the storeroom afterward, I'm happy to see Cathy hadn't made a second appearance. I've decided to reopen the flow of communication and give her a call after talking to my parents tomorrow. I'm glad she's not here because I'm looking forward to being with Anthony tonight and seeing her again would spoil my mood, again.

After packing everything up, Ant and I head over to his house. Rather than working up to it, this time we decide to strip right away. We lie on his bed together, initially just kissing each other with our hands on each other's asses. After a few minutes of heated foreplay, we put ourselves into the 69 position so we can each pleasure the other simultaneously. We start out slow, giving the other's dick a whole lotta love (I doubt this was exactly what Led Zeppelin was thinking when they wrote THAT song). But it quickly turns into an 'I can't get enough' situation (ditto for Bad Company) and we're sweating, grunting and moaning around the other's dick. Just being with Anthony has me feeling so much better and I cum first, but he follows less than a minute later. I still find it hard to believe I'm even doing this, never mind enjoying it and loving the taste of his semen.

"Oh, God. That was better than Thursday."

"Yeah. And I think it will only get better and better Pete."

"I don't know how. This will be tough to beat."

We cuddle and kiss some more before it's time for me to head home. But I need to tell him something first. After I get dressed I break it to him.

"I'm going to tell my parents tomorrow."

"OK. Do you want me to come over for moral support?"

"I'd say yes if I was sure they wouldn't flip out. If they do, I don't want you to get any heat for it. It'll come out of the blue for them and they could blame you for turning me gay."

"Pete, that's not the way it works."

"I know that. You know that. But if they don't think that way, it could get ugly."

"OK, you know them better obviously. Call me and tell me how it goes. If shit happens like they toss you out and you need to stay here, you know you can."

"Thanks. I'll definitely let you know. I love you. Good night."

"I love you too. Night."

Sunday July 17

We sit down to dinner but there's a wrinkle. I have an older brother that is 22 and already out of the house on his own. He occasionally stops over for a visit and dinner. Unfortunately for me, he picked today to come over. Then I figure he's going to find out anyway. After the typical chit chat, catching up with what's been going on in our lives, it's time. Terry's always been nice to me. Even though there's a little over 5 years between us, we have a good relationship. I guess the years of looking out for his little brother will come in handy today.

"Mom, dad, Terry, there's something I need to tell you."

They all look at me concerned at how serious I got. I can see in mom and dad's faces they are thinking I got Cathy pregnant. It didn't take long to prove that thinking correct.

"What is it dear? Cathy's not pregnant is she?"

"No mom. It's not that. It's actually about as far away from that as it can be. I'm not going to beat around the bush or sugar coat it. I'm gay."

Silence. Uncomfortable silence. Very uncomfortable silence.

"Are you sure bro? I mean is there someone specific, and you've acted on these feelings?"

Red face arrives with a vengeance.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Anthony and I have done some things together."

Nobody has exploded yet, so that's good. But neither has mom or dad said anything. Dad speaks up first.

"Do you feel more for Anthony than you did for Cathy? I mean the two of you seemed to be getting pretty serious."

"Yes. It's hard to explain. I liked Cathy, and I enjoyed it when we were together. But when I met Anthony, it was like electricity flowed through me whenever we touched. Now I feel like that whenever we're together."

"This is one of the guys in the band, right?"

"Yes Terry."

"Are you happy?"

"Happier than I think I've ever been mom."

"Well, I'm happy for you. I'll always love you, this changes nothing."

"Same here bro."

"I love you too and I'm proud of you for being brave enough to tell us."

"Thanks dad. Knowing you're all OK with this is a huge weight off my shoulders."

"I assume Cathy knows about you and Anthony, that's why you broke up?"

"No, I don't think she knows about Anthony dad. I mean I haven't told her. We broke up for other reasons."

"But she knows you're not continuing your relationship."

"Yes dad. I planned on telling her I'm gay after I talked to you. We have to talk about other things too. I've been avoiding her calls, as mom knows very well."

Later I call Anthony to let him know things went good with the family. Now it's time to call Cathy. I just hope the shithead doesn't answer the phone. If he does, I'm hanging up.

"Hello."

It's RB. I hesitate for a moment, but feel myself getting angry. I hang up the phone. I try again in 10 minutes, still RB.

"Pete, we have caller ID. I know it's you."

Shit, I didn't think of that. I calm myself as best I can.

"Is Cathy there?"

"Hang on."

I hear him put the phone down. About 10 seconds later I hear him again.

"She'll be right here."

He puts the phone down and I wait. Anybody could pick the phone up now. I dread hearing her father's voice.

"Hello?"

Good, it's Cathy, I don't have to deal with one of her parents either. RB apparently didn't tell her who it was.

"Hi. It's me."

"Oh, hi Pete. You're finally ready to talk I guess?"

"Yes. Can we meet somewhere?"

"Sure. Count Basie?"

"Fine. I can be there in like 5 minutes."

"OK, but I want to bring RB. Mom and dad are at some church thing anyway. He really wants to apologize. I've spoken to him and really, he's just a mixed up kid."

"Yeah, that's fine. I have to fix things with him too."

I head to the park, fortunately it's cooled off a little with the sun going down. I'll be sweating enough as it is. She's already there with RB. She must have warned him to stay calm. Not that that's been an easy thing for him to do lately, at least around me.

"Hi Cath, RB."

"Hi Pete. I'm going to try to be quiet."

"OK bud."

"Pete, I'm sorry I blew up at you the way I did. I felt pretty bad afterward, kicking you out without your clothes on. I should have realized whatever happened was RB's doing and given you a chance to explain. All I could see was you both naked and what was obviously happening. I couldn't even think. I just reacted."

"I understand. I can't imagine what you must have been thinking. I just wish you would have given me a chance to explain."

"I know. I've made peace with RB. He didn't really understand that what he was making you do was so wrong."

"I take medicine to help keep my brain straight. It doesn't always work good enough."

"I didn't know that. Anyway, there's really something else I need to tell you. This is going to sound strange, but he kind of did me a favor. He brought out a side of me I never knew existed. I think I'm gay. Or at least bisexual, since I enjoyed being with you too. Not that we ever went far enough to know how I would like it or perform."

"So then you did like what you were doing with RB? I really only said that in anger."

"Um. Yeah."

RB looks hopeful, like we can continue.

"That doesn't mean I want to keep doing that RB, sorry, but you being 18 makes that impossible. Plus, I already have someone else."

"So quick?"

"Well, we were actually together for a little while while I was still seeing you."

"Oh?"

"Sorry. I know. I've spent an awful lot of time the last few weeks being conflicted. I like you a whole lot, but being with him, it's just completely different. I feel, I don't know, happier, complete."

"Do I know him?"

"Yeah. It's Anthony."

"Wow. That was quick, you haven't known him that long."

"Yeah, but as soon as we met, there was a connection. Nothing happened right away, but, well, once it did, I knew he was who I really wanted."

"Well, I guess I have a good reason now to tell my parents why we're not seeing each other anymore. They've been wondering. I don't think I'll tell them about the gay part, but at least I can say you started seeing someone else."

We're quiet for a few moments. I'm letting her take it all in. RB taps on her shoulder, he wants to say something but doesn't want to interrupt in case she's saying more. She nods at him.

"Do you still hate me Pete? I am sorry for what I did."

"I guess I hate more what you did and how you went about it than hating you. I don't think I can forgive that, but I can kind of understand why. I mean you're a teenager, our bodies sometimes control what we do more than the brain at our age. So yeah, I can forgive you."

"Can we be friends again?"

The guy is breaking my heart. He's impossible to stay mad at.

"We'll see. I'll at least stop cursing you out and calling you a bunch of nasty names anyway."

"I guess that's OK. So if we go listen to the band, you won't get mad at us?"

"No. Actually, you probably should come see us again. We have a couple new songs."

"Yeah? Which ones?"

"You wouldn't know them. We just finished writing them and played them for the first time last night."

"You've written songs?"

"Yes Cathy. I had written a number of poems. Anthony wanted to read them. He thought a few of them would be good as songs. He wrote the basic melody and the rest of the guys filled in the gaps."

"That's so cool. I know I'll have a hard time convincing mom and dad to let me bring RB to the Saturday show again."

"Have them come along. I can get the guys to skip the Black Sabbath and Judas Priest songs this week. Your dad did say when I first met him he liked my singing."

"I can try that I guess... Well, I'm happy for you and Anthony, even though I wished we could have gotten back together. We can still be friends, right?"

"Yeah. I don't see why not."

"Me too?"

"Sure thing bud. As long as we keep our clothes on. Ha ha."

"Deal."

"I've been curious though, and if you don't want to tell me, it's OK. What happened when you were little to make you so uncomfortable with strangers?"

"I guess I owe you after what I made you do. Cathy can fill in the gaps. Short summary, I was kidnapped when I was 7. We were at the mall on a Saturday. I had to go to the bathroom and this guy grabbed me and took me out to his car. He put me in his trunk and took me to some house where he and 2 other guys tied me up. I had no idea what was going on. We found out later one of the guys had a brother dad was prosecuting on the following Monday."

"Before we knew he was missing, a teenager walked up to our dad, asked if he was Mr. Romano the lawyer. Dad said yes, the kid handed him an envelope and took off. I didn't know initially, I mean I was only 6 myself, but I found out later the note said if he wanted to see his son alive again, he'd better drop the charges against the guy. Dad rushed into the bathroom, but RB was already gone."

"But the guy who took me apparently wasn't too smart. The cops figured he had to have some connection with the first guy after dad showed them the note. They showed up at the guy's house the next day, SWAT and everything. They must have had snipers because at one point, all 3 of them got shot at almost the same time. I basically screamed my head off until I couldn't even make a sound. Even after the cops took me out of there I was screaming. Ever since then, if I didn't know someone, I didn't want to have anything to do with them. Years of therapy made it better. One person at a time, sometimes two, I can tolerate. More than a couple and I just fold up inside myself. If I'm not with Cathy, going to your shows would be impossible. But I can interact with people after I first meet them as long as I'm with her."

"Oh, shit. I'm so sorry you went through that. No wonder you don't like strangers. And what about knowing, I guess whether a person is good or not?"

"I don't know. I don't remember being able to do that before the kidnapping, but probably didn't realize it until in my early teens. Maybe something cracked in me from the trauma."

"Either way, that's quite a gift, if it's accurate."

"So far, I'd say mostly right."

"Cool. I hope you keep it. Well, I guess I better be going. Goodnight."

"OK goodnight Pete. And good luck with the new songs. I'll let you know if I can convince mom and dad to go see the show."

"Bye."

Monday July 18

Somewhere in New York City at Midtown Independent Records.

"So did you check out that group from Sawyer's review?"

"Yeah. He never mentioned how young they were. It's a bunch of kids. They have two new original songs. They were pretty good. Easy pickings for us to get a recording without them thinking about copyrights and then have one of our bands record them. They wouldn't be able to prove they didn't hear them from us. Like usual."

"Good. See if you can get hold of them outside the show, get them here so we can get a recording. Then we'll just tell them we're not interested. Free money."

"You got it boss."

At rehearsal that evening.

"You're not going to believe this guys. There was some guy from Midtown Independent Records in New York at the shows this weekend. He called me today. They want us to come in and record our new songs."

"Cool Eddie. Pete, Ant, your work is paying off already."

"Yeah, maybe Rich. I thought you were the pessimist in the group. Midtown Independent Records? Anybody ever hear of them?"

They all answer my question no.

"Did they say they were a subsidiary of anything Eddie?"

"No. Why?"

"It just sounds fishy. Did he say when they want us in?"

"Wednesday if possible. He said they need a day to make sure everything's ready."

"Even more fishy. Why wouldn't everything be ready if they're a real recording studio? I think we ought to tread lightly. I doubt anybody says they want to record your songs out of the blue. I'm going to see what I can find out about them. I don't like it. If they said Capitol Records, Apple, Atlantic, anything that we've heard of I woudn't be as concerned. I've been tricked badly by something else recently, I'm not jumping into anything blindly."

"OK. I guess as long as everybody else thinks they're worth checking into."

A 'better safe than sorry' attitude is the pretty common perspective. Rich doesn't think we need to be paranoid, but is willing to go along with the rest of us. We start the rehearsal, as usual it goes pretty well. We're generally clicking on all cylinders, but it's best to keep on top of it. They agree to skip Sabbath and Priest if Cathy's parents show. I'll be spending tomorrow making phone calls. I hope I'm wrong, but with dad being a lawyer and seeing how often the little guy gets screwed, I'm not taking any chances.

Tuesday July 19

Geez, dad leaves early for work. I wait until 10 so he can get into work and catch up on any overnight stuff.

"Hello, Wheeler, Prince, and Smith. Terrance Daggett speaking. How can I help you?"

"Forgot your own phone number? You busy?"

"Hi Pete, no, just picked it up without looking. Never too busy to talk to my son. What's up? You don't usually call me at work."

"Yeah, I need a little legal favor. Don't worry. I'm not in trouble. Trying to avoid it really."

"Sure. What is it?"

"Eddie got a call yesterday from some record company in New York. Nothing any of us heard of before. It sounded fishy to me and I was wondering if there was any way you could maybe check them out for us?"

"I don't think I'd help much, but I can reach out to our entertainment law folks, see if they can look into it. What's the company?"

"Midtown Independent Records. They didn't say they were a subsidiary of anything and wanted us to come in tomorrow to record our new songs."

"Tomorrow? Yeah, that is strange."

"Yeah, Eddie said they needed a day to make sure everything's ready. That just sent up a red flag for me. I know you've had to deal with lots of situations where the little guy got screwed. I didn't want to join that club."

"OK. Yeah, that definitely sounds off. I don't know if I can get you an answer today. If not, can Eddie get them to postpone?"

"They will whether they want to or not. What can they do if we don't show up?"

"Very true. I don't think 10 minutes of dead air would sell too well. I'll let you know if I get anything. And if not, I'll let you know by the end of the day so you guys can plan accordingly."

"Ha ha. Yeah. Thanks dad. Love you. See you later."

"Love you too son."

Not too much to do now. I'll be heading over Anthony's later to work on more songs, among other things, he he. With the response on Saturday, adding more songs to the show, maybe getting more visibility, and maybe by a real record company, might happen.

The phone rings as I'm sitting down for lunch. It's dad's office.

"Hey dad."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I was looking for Peter Daggett?"

"This is him. Sorry, I saw the law firm on caller ID and just assumed it was my father."

"Apparently. We never assume anything here. Anyway. Hi. I'm Michelle Exton. I work in the entertainment law group here. I spoke to your father earlier and have some information for you."

"Wow, that was fast. Thanks a lot."

"No problem. I didn't have to do any research. I've run across those shysters before. I've had 2 lawsuits against them dry up due to lack of proof. There were five others in their past that I know of. Same thing. It appears their business model is stealing music from unsuspecting artists. When the artists find out what the company did, it's too late."

"I knew it was too good to be true. Anything else, as if that isn't enough?"

"Only this, if you want to put a scare into them, call them back and tell them you don't want to be another 'Sleepy Eyes, Dead Eyes.' That was one of the songs they stole from one of my clients. But for your own protection, I suggest you don't go see them. They can be very manipulative. Your father said your group is all young men. Even if you weren't a child of a colleague, I wouldn't want you to get burned by these guys."

"Thanks so much Ms. Exton. I'm sure you saved us a lot of headaches."

"No worries. And it's Michelle. Your dad's a good guy and a heck of a lawyer. My pleasure. I'd be interested to hear their reaction when you, or your bandleader mention the song."

"I'll definitely pass that on to my dad, and let you know what happens. Thanks again Michelle."

"You're welcome. Bye."

"Bye."

I immediately call Eddie.

"Hey Eddie."

"Pete, what's going on?"

"I called my dad about Midtown Independent Records. Not sure I ever mentioned he's a lawyer."

"Don't remember you saying that. What did he say?"

"Well, I heard from a colleague of his in entertainment law. She called them shysters and said they've pulled the same thing at least 7 times. They get unsuspecting artists to record their songs and then release them as their own. By the time the original artists find out, it's too late to do anything and they can't prove anything anyway. Unfortunately, they've been able to win their court cases. No proof for the artists."

"Those mother fuckers. I don't know about you, but I really hate seeing struggling artists get screwed. Man, you saved our bacon. I just wish there was something we can do about it."

"Michelle, the lawyer, told me the title of one of the songs her clients got screwed out of. 'Sleepy Eyes, Dead Eyes.' I say we try to get them to postpone a couple days. We find the song, and sing it for them. See if we can freak them out. She suggested we mention it to them, but I think playing it for them will fuck them up a little."

"Ooooh. That's as bad as scaring us into thinking it was a bad review. Remind me never to piss you off. OK. I'll say you're out of town at a funeral for a couple days, can we go, what next Monday? That should give me enough time to find the song and we learn it."

"Sounds good to me."

"Hello, Wheeler, Prince, and Smith. Michelle Exton speaking. How can I help you?"

"Hi Michelle. Pete Daggett again. You already helped me. I wanted to fill you in."

"You've talked to them already?"

"No. I talked to Eddie, the guy they called. We're going to postpone the meeting, find that song you mentioned and play it for them."

"Hmmmm. Interesting. When do you think you're going to see them?"

"Eddie's going to shoot for next Monday."

"OK. I'd like to join you. It won't help my previous cases, but if I can record them saying they already knew about that song, maybe we can trick them into saying something incriminating and I can get them shut down. The judge that heard my cases was very sympathetic. He believed my clients, but that wasn't enough. Proof is gold in court. This Eddie is pretty sneaky thinking of that."

"I don't want to brag, but it was my idea. But Eddie's going to say I'm out of town at a funeral so postponing doesn't sound like a setup."

"Chip off the old block. Not to mention a pretty nasty combination, you and this Eddie. OK, let me know how the postponement goes. If they're sure they can rip you off, they'll go along with it. Who's the oldest guy in the band. Your father said they're all around your age."

"Eddie and his twin brother David are 19."

"What's their last name?"

"Nash."

"OK. I'll be Michelle Nash, an older sister acting as a temporary manager. I'll dress down and play stupid so hopefully I can get away with recording our session, and they don't recognize me. I have changed my hair color since the last court date. If they decline, I'll have two recorders running but only turn off one. We may not be able to use it in court, but perhaps it will be enough to scare them into changing their policy. Or scare them into a settlement and get you guys some cash. Well, me too, ha ha."

"You're pretty sneaky yourself."

"Thanks. I am a lawyer. It's a job requirement. He he. Give the band a heads up so they'll be prepared to act like they know me. Maybe we'll even meet up beforehand so they will know me. Yes, that sounds good. I can take a ride to Red Bank and meet you all."

"The rest of the guys live in Middletown. We practice at Eddie's after dinner Monday, Wednesdays and Thursdays."

"Even better. I live in South Amboy. I can meet you all tomorrow after work."

I give her Eddie's address and time then call Eddie back to give him the heads up. He said he'll let the others know as well. He's excited. He said he'd love to screw them while they think they're screwing us.

Later that day.

"Hey Ant."

"Hi Pete. Ready to write?"

"Yeah, but I'd rather do something a litle more personal first."

"Heh heh. You dog you. Come on up."

We're not in his room more than 10 seconds and we're all over each other. We undress each other while kissing. I lay him down on the bed and start kissing down his body. I spread his legs and push them back.

"Whoa, what's this? I'm not ready to fuck yet."

"Me neither, but I thought I'd give rimming you a try."

"Wow, you really are a dog. Come here Fido."

He pulls his legs back and I start by kissing his ass cheeks. I spread them apart and plant a kiss on his rosebud. I feel him shudder so I start licking that rosebud, attempting to push my tongue inside. I'm not at all experienced so I'm not too successful doing that but Anthony doesn't seem to mind. He's writhing with what I am doing. After a couple minutes making out with his ass, I take him into my mouth. He's almost ready to pop from the rimming. After about 60 seconds of sucking I'm rewarded with a dose of sweet Anthony nectar.

"Oh God. That was something. I told you it was going to get better. Let me catch my breath. If I enjoy doing that to you half as much as it looked like you did, this could be the best night of my life. So far.

Anthony flips me over and repeats my actions. It feels so wonderful having his tongue on and in my ass hole. When he moves to my dick, I don't even last as long as he did. If I lasted 30 seconds I'd be surprised. Regardless, it's probably my best orgasm ever.

"Wow. You think we should write a song about that?"

"Funny Pete. We could, but nobody else would ever hear it. Hmmm, 'I Love His Ass.' Nope, couldn't play it in public. Not even sure I'd want to play it for the guys. God, I love you more every day."

"Me too. And I'm not sure how I can keep loving you more, but somehow I do."

We cuddle naked for a while before we start working on the music. We even do that naked for a while but decide it's too much of a distraction. After about an hour of hard-core composing we take a break.

"That's something that you and Eddie came up with about the record company. I'm glad you questioned it. We'd be so pissed if we got screwed out of our songs and couldn't do anything about it. I might have had to call for a few favors among my cousins and uncles."

"You don't mean..."

"I'd get them to make those fuckers an offer they couldn't refuse."

"That's funny. Good thing we shouldn't have to go that route."

"You're no fun."

"You weren't thinking that an hour or so ago."

"Guilty as charged. What's my punishment?"

"Hmmmm. I think, 20 solid minutes of kissing would be appropriate."

"That's a sentence that would be easy to tolerate."

So that's what we do.

Wednesday July 20

Michelle arrives at Eddie's a little after the rest of us.

"Sorry I'm late. New Jersey traffic."

"Ten minutes? Hardly worth mentioning."

"I recognize the voice. Thanks Pete. Anyway, Michelle Exton. Did Pete and Eddie? (she looks around and I point) tell you all about the plan?"

"Yes, Eddie spread the word."

I make the introductions and the details start getting worked.

"I found a version of the song, we were going to listen to it a bunch of times tonight. But we can get everything square with you before that. They were OK with waiting until next Monday."

"Thanks Eddie. Like I told Pete, I'll pretend I'm your older sister temporarily being your manager until you find someone who knows what they're doing. I won't dress like this so they don't get suspicious. Plus, since I dyed my hair blonde, they might think 'typical blonde airhead.' I'm sure they'll react when you guys start playing the song. Hopefully that reaction will be incriminating. They didn't seem too swift during the 2 lawsuits I had, but they had a good lawyer. I can't see a reason they'd have their lawyer there on Monday, so I've got my fingers crossed."

"Do you think you'd be able to get us some money out of this?"

"One step at a time Rich. But if they do make a mistake, it's definitely possible. Especially if I bring in the other 7 bands I know about. Even a little for everybody could probably bankrupt them. They're not that big a company. Any other questions?"

"I doubt they'll ask, but in case they separate us and ask, how old are you supposed to be?"

"Do you think I can pass for 23 Eddie? I don't want to stretch the age difference too much."

"Shit, you could pass for 18."

"Thank you David. But we'll say 23. Being over 21 and not too much younger than my 26 is probably the way to go. And, since you brought up potential questions, we'll say I work as a bank teller. If they ask much more than that, I'm out on my own and you don't know everything about my personal life. That should be sufficient. If not, we're busted and all we've done is waste a trip into Staten Island."

"Staten Island? That's hardly Midtown."

"No it isn't Anthony. Just one more hint that they're not very reputable."

We all agree on the plan.

"Before I leave and let you get back to your rehearsal, where do you guys play? I think it might be worthwhile if I've seen your show, especially if I'm pretending to be your manager."

"We play at Garson's Hideout in Atlantic Highlands. Do you need the address?"

"No, I've been there before. It's been a few years. Nice place if I remember correctly. When?"

"Friday's we do a southern rock show, Saturday's classic rock, plus our two original songs. 8:00 both nights."

"OK. I don't think I can make it to both. Maybe you can bring me sample set lists for each night just in case. A manager should know what you play."

"Sure, I can print them out for you now if you're not in a hurry."

"That'd be great. I can wait a couple minutes. Thank you David. Oh, one more thing. If we progress far enough on Monday, I'm going to have to ask for a small retainer. Company rules. Would $50 each, total of $300 be doable?"

We all agree it's worth the $50 if things get far enough along to actually need her as a lawyer. David runs inside and returns about three minutes later with a 2 page printout and a copy of 'Jersey Shore News.'

Southern Rock
'Hold on Loosely' by 38 Special
'Midnight Rider' by The Allman Brothers
'Ramblin Man' by The Allman Brothers
'Down in the Boondocks' by Billy Joe Royal
'The Devil Went Down To Georgia' by The Charlie Daniels Band
'Bad Moon Rising' by Creedence Clearwater Revival
'Lookin Out My Back Door' by Creedence Clearwater Revival
'The Last Resort' by The Eagles
'Take it Easy' by The Eagles
'Third Time Lucky' by Foghat
'Keep Your Hands to Yourself' by Georgia Satellites
'Cats in the Cradle' by Harry Chapin
'Call Me the Breeze' by Lynyrd Skynyrd
'Free Bird' by Lynyrd Skynyrd
'Sweet Home Alabama' by Lynyrd Skynyrd
'Heard it in a Love Song' by The Marshall Tucker Band
'Whiskey Man' by Molly Hatchet
'(Ghost) Riders in the Sky by The Outlaws
'Tired of Toein the Line' by Rocky Burnette
'Pride and Joy' by Stevie Ray Vaughan

Classic Rock
'Piano Man' by Billy Joel *
'Heaven and Hell' by Black Sabbath
'Paranoid' by Black Sabbath
'More Than a Feeling' by Boston
'Born to Run' by Bruce Springsteen
'The Flame' by Cheap Trick
'I Want You to Want Me' by Cheap Trick
'Surrender' by Cheap Trick
'White Room' by Cream
'Highway Star' by Deep Purple
'Pour Some Sugar on Me' by Def Leppard
'Run to the Hills' by Iron Maiden
'Aqualung' by Jethro Tull
'You've Got Another Thing Coming' by Judas Priest *
'Dust in the Wind' by Kansas
'Free Bird' by Lynyrd Skynyrd
'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' by Queen
'Spread Your Wings' by Queen
'The One I Love' by R.E.M.
'Born to Be Wild' by Steppenwolf
'Live Your Own Life' by The Swarm *
'Love, Hate, War, and Peace' by The Swarm *
'All The Way' by Triumph

* Swapping songs

"Wow. This is quite a varied selection of songs. No offense, but are you guys that good?"

David hands her the paper.

"We've been reviewed by these guys. You make your own decision."

She quickly reads through the review.

"Wow. I may want to be your manager for real. I'm impressed. Maybe I will make an effort to get to both shows. I know my fiance would enjoy them. We can get dinner at Garson's both nights."

"Let me know by mid-afternoon Friday, I'll ask Paul Garson, the owner, to reserve you a table down front."

"Thanks. Well, it's been great meeting you all. I'll see you Friday for sure and probably Saturday as well. I'm looking forward to working with you all."

We all say goodbye as Michelle leaves. Rich seems disappointed for some reason.

"Second thoughts Rich?"

"Huh Eddie? Oh. No. Just ticked she has a fiance."

"She's too old for you anyway Rich. Why should she want a boy when she could have a man? Like me."

"Real funny David. No wonder you were so quick to offer to get her the set lists. I guess she has two secret admirers."

"Three."

"Four."

"Five."

"Huh? We thought you were gay Pete."

"Sure Eddie, but if she can get us a bucketful of money, I can admire her for that."

"Six."

We all laugh at Anthony's counting himself in as well.

"OK, let's listen to this song and see what we can do with it."

Eddie plays the tape of the song a few times, everybody trying to focus on their part. It sounds like they used a 5-man band, so the lineup works. We're all pretty confident we can pull it off by Monday. It's not that complicated a song.

"I am kind of glad that really isn't our song. It doesn't suck, but it's not a toe tapper either."

We all agree with Rich's feelings about the song.

Thursday July 21

As has become our habit, I head over to Anthony's after rehearsal on Thursday. We spend about an hour and a half working on the next song. Ant thought 'Try Harder' would work pretty well due to the repetitive refrain. We've been working on getting the pace right so it could turn into a sing along with the audience. We finally think we have it and decide to celebrate in our own special way. This time Ant rims and sucks me first before I return the favor. We both are so horny by the time the other makes us cum, it seems like gallons of cum have been swallowed. Obviously not, but we can dream.

Friday July 22

Michelle let Eddie know she and her fiance would be attending both shows. Paul set up a table at the front for them with 'Reserved for Michelle Nash and guest.' We felt on the off chance someone showed up from the record company again it would be safer to have her play her role right away. She agreed being careful was a good idea. After the show, I stopped at their table and invited them 'backstage' to the storeroom. Michelle introduced her fiance as Anton Vinovich.

"Hi guys. Wow. Michelle said you guys got good reviews, but I'm impressed. You're very professional. I'm not an expert on music in any way, but I know all those songs and you sounded GOOD."

"Thanks Anton. Well, meet the band. I'm Eddie Nash, Micehelle's little brother, he he. David Nash, my twin brother. In order of when they joined the band, Rich Larkin, Anthony Rossi, Gabe Romano, and Pete Daggett."

"Great to meet you all. I don't really mean to single one of you out, you're all great, but holy shit Pete, you sound exactly like Ronnie Van Zant. You do a pretty good job sounding close to the rest of the original singers too, but the Skynyrd songs, that guy Keith was right. Close your eyes and you're at a Skynyrd concert."

"Thanks. Like I've told them before, they do all the hard work. It's a lot harder to make 5 instruments sound almost exactly like another set. Like you said, they're all great."

"Well, you've all got a fan. I'm ecstatic that Michelle's helping you go after those idiots at Midtown. She told me about the two lawsuits she handled. Anything you all can do to hurt them, do it."

We chat with Michelle and Anton for a while while putting our instruments away for tomorrow and wish them a good night.

Saturday July 23

Ant and I recorded the latest version of 'Try Harder' to play for the guys at our afternoon rehearsal. We felt there was something that didn't feel quite right about it so we asked the rest of the guys for some feedback. They felt the words and melody were OK, but it just needed a fuller sound. Ant promised to bring more copies tonight so they can all listen to it and add their 2¢. Cathy had called me before the rehearsal and confirmed her whole family would be there tonight. We decided The Sabbath and Priest songs would be replaced by the two new ones, instead of replacing 'Piano Man' and 'Pour Some Sugar on Me' and we rotated R.E.M.'s 'The One I Love' in to keep the set long enough. Gabe asked about 'The Flame' but I said RB and I have settled our differences and we can keep it in.

"We're still not going to find out what really happened, are we Pete?"

"Sorry Eddie. It's not something I'm comfortable sharing. Just know there's no rift to threaten the band."

"Oh well, I tried. See you all tonight."

Tonight there are three special tables up front. One for Michelle and Anton, another for Cathy and her family. Although she requested not the front row, in deference to her parents' ears. I also invited my parents and brother. Not that they needed an invitation, but with all that's going on, we figured a party atmosphere would be nice. The rest of the guys have had their parents come multiple times before. I make sure everybody knows who each other is so they can interact if they want.

We get through the first set and visit with the families and quasi-family. Like everybody else, they're impressed with our performance and congratulate us on our new songs.

We complete the night to the usual standing ovation. It would be a little crowded in the storeroom with all the guests so we hang out with them at their tables for a while after the show. They realy enjoyed the show and the special treatment by Paul and his staff. Cathy's and my family even plan on coming back once we add a few more original songs to the set. Before they all leave Cathy's dad pulls me aside for a minute.

"We're sorry things didn't work out for you and Cathy. You're a hell of a nice guy and very talented. I hope your new girlfriend makes you happy. But if things don't work out, we'd love to welcome you back into our family, so to speak."

"Thanks Mr. Romano. I'm pretty happy right now, but I guess it's good to know I have a fallback option."

"OK. I just wanted to tell you that and to say good luck with the band. I can actually see you guys going somewhere. Just stay on the straight and narrow, stay away from drugs and alcohol and you can go far."

"Thanks."

I had to squash a smile when he said straight and narrow. And going far? Anthony and I may very well go all the way at some point in the near future.


Next Up - "Screwing the Shysters and Another Opportunity"

The fictional song titles are from poems written by someone I know. Titles used with permission and assurance of anonymity.
Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 22
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

And there’s the playlist! Fantastic one and all.

RB’s trauma is not one that could be guessed I’m sure. Sad but believable.

Nice to see all the families together supporting the band. Looking forward to the trip to the studio. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment

I agree with @Dan South incredible play list other then Swarm's original songs I knew every song great except one I would go see these guys. I do wonder about doing The Devil Went Down to Georgia without the fiddle. I heard a version of that by Jerry Reed and although he was country he was a kick ass guitarist as you probably know and it sounded good.But to me it doesn't sound like a good idea for Swarm to do it.

Pete showed himself to be incredibly smart by his reaction to the shyster record company looking forward to reading that.I hope Michelle becomes their manager

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well, the recording studio is going to have a big surprise! Hilarious. Glad Cathy and RB have made friends with Pete again. As for the "straight and narrow" part, Ant and Pete are getting a bit more braver in their loving. Hope they stop the recoding studio though.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Sherye Story Reader said:

Well, the recording studio is going to have a big surprise! Hilarious. Glad Cathy and RB have made friends with Pete again. As for the "straight and narrow" part, Ant and Pete are getting a bit more braver in their loving. Hope they stop the recoding studio though.

I think the bogus recording company will turn out well enough. Of course there’s always drama ahead.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..