Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 1,884 Words
  • 922 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story is an original work of gay fiction. None of the people or events are real. While some of the town names used may be real, any other geographic references (school, events) are purely fictional. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is completely coincidental. This story depicts sexual situations between high school aged males. If reading this is illegal where you reside, or you are not at least 18 years of age, you are reading at your own risk. This work is the property of the author, Lee R Wilson, and shall not be reproduced and/or re-posted without his permission.

My Friend and Protector - 12. Normalcy Moves Aside for Anger, or, Fuck Suspensions

This chapter contains a little violence, but I kept the gore to a minimum.

Monday lunchtime - Still with Carlo

I'm still so pissed from the meeting this morning; I need to do something big to protest our treatment.

"What's the matter, Carlo?"

"Principal Sabato. He pulled the four of us into his office this morning and without actually saying the words, told us to stop being gay."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Steve."

"Shit, even I wouldn't pull a dick move like that."

"But you scared him Brandon, when you told him we'd get our dads involved."

"Why would that matter, Lance?"

"Brandon's and my dads are both lawyers, Mark."

"Ah. Yeah, I could see that scaring him."

"I need to do something to protest his ‘no public displays of affection' edict. Guys and girls hold hands, hug, even sometimes kiss in the hallways. We danced close at the dance, and he got his panties all up in a bunch. It's not fair."

"But what can we do?"

"I don't know, Ken. I think we need to go through the student bylaws and see if we can find a loophole."

We went to my house after school and reviewed the bylaws.

"Hey. It doesn't specifically prohibit blowjobs. We can do that."

The rest of us looked at Ken like he was the nutcase he is.

"I hope you're kidding."

It was pretty obvious he wasn't, but the rest of us cut him a break.

"I was."

"Well, I have an idea. I don't care if it's not allowed. Of course, I need at least one of you to go along with me."

"What do you have in mind, Carlo?" Brandon asked.

"Kissing in school, maybe during lunch."

"But you'd definitely get suspended, not to mention out yourself and whoever you kissed."

"I don't want to hide anymore, Lance. I'm sick of the double standards. Straight kids can do stuff that pushes the limits a little. I know plenty have kissed in the hallways with nobody saying anything."

"I have to have my boyfriend's back. Let's do it tomorrow. I think we should make an announcement before, to get everybody's attention. Not sure what…"

"Thanks Brand. I know exactly what to say. I just said it a second ago."

Lance and Ken thought for a minute, looked at each other and nodded.

"We're with you too."

"Yeah."

Tuesday Lunch

As soon as we all finished eating, it was time.

"You guys ready?"

Three yes and two ‘ready for what?' responses.

"We thought of a protest yesterday. We may not see you guys for a few days."

I stand up on our table.

"Excuse me everybody, can I have your attention?"

It only took a few seconds for everybody to settle down. That was good, since Mrs. Akers, the lunch monitor today, started walking toward our table. Shit. We didn't think of that. Oh well, forge ahead and hope.

"My friends and I are going to stage a protest against the inequality…"

"Touch him and we'll sue."

Mrs. Akers backed off. She actually left the cafeteria, probably to get the principal.

"Thanks Brand. We want to protest against the inequality the school shows toward students like us. Guys?"

Lance and Ken stand up, Brand climbs up on the table with me. We all look at each other once. Brand and I kiss first, Ken and Lance follow a second later. Kids are hooting and hollering. Many are clapping.

"I've seen plenty of you straight kids kissing in the hallways, nobody says shit, even if it is against the rules. Well, we want the same freedom."

A handful of couples stand up and join us in kissing. Before long, there are a dozen kids kissing each other. The other eight are boy-girl pairs, but the message was clear. Principal Sabato walks in.

"What's going on here? You two boys, stop that and get down from there. I'll give you three seconds and then you're suspended."

Brand and I kiss for about ten more seconds.

"Why just us? There are plenty of others kissing too."

I noticed another handful talking with someone next to them. Another six or seven pairs joined the kiss protest.

"If you suspend us and not everybody else, you'll have a discrimination lawsuit filed before the end of the week."

Brandon stuck the knife in deeper.

"Do you like your job? Because we sue, you lose it."

"Fine. Nobody gets suspended. You've made your point. Now please stop it."

We all stop, but the rest of the kids all break out in a round of applause. Principal Sabato simply huffed and stormed out. Most of the guys that I know hate gays graduated or were expelled last year. I was surprised as hell when Kyle Gardener spoke up.

"You got balls Carlo. Good for you. Gay or not, you're alright."

The bell rang, scattering everybody to their next class. Walking through the halls to our lockers, we got plenty of compliments. Seems like the whole school liked us standing up to Principal Sabato. He wasn't really that bad until yesterday's meeting, but I guess he rubbed a number of other students the wrong way as well. Another bunch said they took part because we fought for what we knew was right.

Karl caught up to me after classes on his way to basketball practice.

"You rock Carlo. You and your friends. Shit, I don’t know if I could have done that."

"Thanks Karl. I just got so sick of being singled out because I'm different. I was expecting to get suspended, and probably would have if like 20 other kids didn't join in. And they were all boy-girl couples. That meant a lot to me. Like they respected me whether I was gay or not."

"Oh, they do. I heard a lot of chatter the rest of the day. You're a fuckin' hero in this school now. Not just the 20 plus others who joined your little kiss-in protest. I haven't heard one person say anything negative. And believe me, if I did, that person would be sorry."

"I know. I've seen what you can do."

"Yeah. I think I lost a job today."

"What's that?"

"Your protector. You've probably got a hundred now."

"I doubt that. A few, sure. But not all of them will take a stand if some asshole speaks up."

"Don't bet on it. Anyway, I gotta run. I'll see you tomorrow. I gotta eat lunch with my best friend."

"Thanks, Karl. See you."

Wednesday

Lots of handshakes, pats on the shoulder, and thumbs up as I'm walking through the halls this morning. Maybe Karl was right, and I do have a lot of people behind me. I was to find out in homeroom it wasn't just kids. While we were all assigned some quiet reading, my homeroom teacher, Mr. Phelps asked me to step into the hallway for a moment. Needless to say, I was a little worried.

"Carlo. The school is abuzz with what you did yesterday. If I was allowed to, I'd give you a big hug. Since I can't do that, I'd like to say I'm proud of you for standing up for what you believe in. I'm not the most homophobic person in the world, but until yesterday, I was a little. You've shown me that gay people aren't just a bunch of wussies. You're turning into a good man, and I'm happy to know you."

"Thanks Mr. Phelps. I don't think it was so special. I was just tired of being treated differently."

"Treated wrongly. OK, let's get back in before the rest of them cause a riot in there."

"Hehe."

Lunchtime rolled around and I got another shock. Not only did Karl sit with us, but so did Kyle Gardener. ABout half-way through, he and Karl stood up and got everybody's attention. Mr. Phelps happened to have lunch monitor duty. I saw he was smiling, so I knew something was up. Karl proved it.

"Carlo, I want to say for the entire student body how proud we all are of you. We have a little show of gratitude for you."

Karl kissed Kyle. I looked around and I recognized another bunch of basketball, football, and baseball players doing the same thing. Before long, the entire cafeteria was kissing someone. Dozens of boy-boy and girl-girl couples too. Plenty of boy-girl pairs that I knew weren't dating. It wasn't long, but a straight boy kissing another one for five seconds wasn't something that happened every day. Never mind dozens of them. After the kisses stopped, Karl put me up on the table and I got a standing ovation. Apparently, it was loud and long enough to reach the offices. Sabato, Abernathy, and a bunch of other admin folks were standing near the door. They weren't all clapping, but a few were. Mr. Sabato scowled at Mr. Abernathy when he started clapping. I don't read lips well, but I'm pretty sure Abernathy said, 'grow up old man.' Sabato shook his head and left. That prompted the rest of the admin folks to start clapping.

The rest of the school year went by without a hitch. Nobody said anything to any of us about being gay. Another six boys came out, knowing they wouldn't be singled out or picked on. Ten girls admitted they were lesbians. The senior class voted me most respected and most likely to succeed. Even better, they voted Brandon and I King and King of the prom. The newspaper interviewed a bunch of kids afterward and printed an article about the whole situation. Brandon and I passed on being interviewed, but we were recognized as the impetus for Rockaway High School leading the pack in anti-LGBTQIA action is schools all around the area.

Principal Sabato decided to retire at the end of the school year.

Epilogue

Ken and Lance didn't stay together, but both married wonderful men. We keep in touch and get together whenever possible. Both of them went to out of state colleges and settled in their college towns.

Tony Rose served 15 years of his 20-year sentence. He spoke out against gays one too many times. He was found in the shower room, his neck slashed. The man who did it was already serving two life sentences, so he didn't care. He was gay too. Tony's father spent three years in jail for his treatment of Tony on that fateful day that Tony went bonkers. Mrs. Rose divorced him as fast as she could.

Mason Gordon spent a year in juvenile detention for knifing Karl. Afterward, he became a big proponent against anti-LGBTQIA. He even acted as best man at Brandon's wedding.

I had Karl as my best man at that same wedding. Brandon and I went to FSU together and were active in their LGBTQIA society. He graduated and went on to become a software engineer. I majored in pre-med, went on to medical school and became a psychiatrist. My specialty was child psychiatry, but I accepted adult gay and lesbian patients as well. I was still in med school when Brandon and I wed. After graduating and joining a psychiatry group, we fostered then adopted two children who came from broken homes and were ostracized by their parents for being transgender. Billy and Carla finally got the love they deserved.

The End

I hope you enjoyed my story. I'm sure some of you are sorry it ended so soon, but I saw the end coming when I started this chapter. Perhaps I'll make a part two focusing on Carlo, Brandon, and their children. Who knows?
Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 30
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my other stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thanks for taking the time to write this, it was very entertaining. A sequel down the road would be appreciated!

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, JohnnyC said:

Thank You again for Sharing Your Fine Story with Us Here in Gay Authors Site . 
 Very Enjoyable Read Indeed 📖😁

Thanks for saying so.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Same here (I almost said ditto but you who know who made that famous so I didn't)

I believe and equal reason why the students supported Carlo is evrybody hated Sabato

Thanks for the feedback, as always. Yep, Sabato rubbed dome kids the wrong way.

Funny, kids usually like Saturday (translation from Italian).

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, BoyLove said:

Yes, this was a great story from start to finish! Hope to see a sequel to it in the near future 😁. I always appreciate a good story, and you have written an excellent one that I will recommend to others.

Thanks. It feels good to see so much positive feedback.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, drsawzall said:

Thanks for taking the time to write this, it was very entertaining. A sequel down the road would be appreciated!

You're welcome and thanks for the compliment. A sequel may come. I have another idea I’ve been tossing around, plus I still have Rocked to finish.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I'll add my congrats and thanks to the rest of the pack.

Your story may not actually happen. Happily Ever After is often omitted from the deck of cards called life. But it is still nice to read and gives hope to those younger than many of us. Thanks, Lee.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Al Norris said:

I'll add my congrats and thanks to the rest of the pack.

Your story may not actually happen. Happily Ever After is often omitted from the deck of cards called life. But it is still nice to read and gives hope to those younger than many of us. Thanks, Lee.

Thanks for reading and commenting. I try to make it happily ever after for at least some of the main characters. Like you said, it often doesn’t in real life, so I also add a touch of tragedy as well.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Great story.  Too bad that it is in the fiction category.  The way things are today, we may be moving backwards instead of forwards.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Thomas Wells said:

Great story.  Too bad that it is in the fiction category.  The way things are today, we may be moving backwards instead of forwards.

Unfortunately, you may be right.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

Link to comment

Thanks for this story @Lee Wilson, as it has given me background of characters before reading the sequel / next book. 

I will say that Tony Rose did not deserve what happened to him. His problems began as a child with his father belittling and bullying him. IMHO, that exacerbated whatever psychological issues Tony may also have been dealing with (ADHD, sexual identity etc), which led him to act out. School counselors and psychologists should have been dealing with that, and DCFS should have been called in. 

The straw that broke the camel's back for Tony was his father striking him and then literally dragged him around naked to the parent's homes to apologize for his bullying. That is what pushed Tony over the edge when he got home, and his father locked him outside, still naked, causing him to break the windows and smash the sides of the house. It was his only way to get back at his father, as Tony wasn't physically strong enough to strike his father. But ultimately being sentenced to jail, with no help, he was an easy target for being raped, abused and killed.

His father should have gone to jail and Tony, could potentially been helped to lead a productive life!

Too many children are damaged by parental neglect, abuse and yes murder. 😢

  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Thanks for this story @Lee Wilson, as it has given me background of characters before reading the sequel / next book. 

I will say that Tony Rose did not deserve what happened to him. His problems began as a child with his father belittling and bullying him. IMHO, that exacerbated whatever psychological issues Tony may also have been dealing with (ADHD, sexual identity etc), which led him to act out. School counselors and psychologists should have been dealing with that, and DCFS should have been called in. 

The straw that broke the camel's back for Tony was his father striking him and then literally dragged him around naked to the parent's homes to apologize for his bullying. That is what pushed Tony over the edge when he got home, and his father locked him outside, still naked, causing him to break the windows and smash the sides of the house. It was his only way to get back at his father, as Tony wasn't physically strong enough to strike his father. But ultimately being sentenced to jail, with no help, he was an easy target for being raped, abused and killed.

His father should have gone to jail and Tony, could potentially been helped to lead a productive life!

Too many children are damaged by parental neglect, abuse and yes murder. 😢

Thanks for reading and your feedback. All your points are true. Perhaps I treat some of my characters too harshly, but I guess life isn't kind to everyone either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..