Jump to content

On My Deathbed

   (4 reviews)

The last day of a dying old man is lived from his perspective.

This one isn't anything like what you're used to from me. While the tenor is a fictional account of a lonely, dying, old man, you should realize much of it contains a lot of my own views on death, dying, and the 'afterlife.'
So, two words of warning. This one will be dark, and depressing.
Secondly, many of my views on the topic are, let's say, far from the norm, so this perhaps may upset some people. Hell, maybe even most people. I guess I'm writing this one more for me than you all. At least from that perspective. I've injected some humor so it's not totally depressing.
Fortunately, it will be short. Continue on if you like, just remember; you’ve been warned.
Copyright © 2024 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 0
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Gary L

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

A tough read but worth it.  Much resonates but other parts challenge me a lot.

well written, of course, and it’s a jewel (a garnet, yes?)

Response from the author:

Thanks. I wasn't really expecting good reviews for this one, so I'm glad to see at least one.

  • Love 3
Link to review
centexhairysub

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Truly worth a read, I personally did not find it depressing; accurate perhaps and blunt, but gives the reader plenty to think about.  

Response from the author:

Thanks a bunch.

  • Like 2
Link to review
Sherye Story Reader

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This story might be on the dark side  but it really hits home on how you feel about death when it happens to you. In a note, the author put on the story was how it hit home with him cause of Comicality's death that made him write this story. That was probably the way a lot of readers thought when it happened. Good job, @Lee Wilsonon putting your thoughts on this story.  Sad, but true facts though as life is not what we all want it to be!

Response from the author:

Thanks. I'm surprised that this didn't land flat on its face.

  • Love 2
Link to review
chris191070

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

A tough read, but you will find it to be an insightful, powerful and thought provoking piece of writing.

Response from the author:

Thanks. Not to repeat myself too much, but I'm happy this is being seen as a positive.

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..