Jump to content

Rocked To The Core

   (7 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Derek Arriens had always been the kind of boy to help others, so ending up with a career as an EMT after high school wasn’t a surprise to him or anybody who knew him. Derek volunteered for the rescue squad as soon as he got his license at 16 1/2. Three years later something happened that made him wonder if he should consider a change of career.

With the main character being an EMT, there will often be graphic descriptions of injuries.
Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (10 members)

  • Action Packed 7
  • Addictive/Pacing 8
  • Characters 10
  • Chills 5
  • Cliffhanger 6
  • Compelling 8
  • Feel-Good 7
  • Humor 5
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 7
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

centexhairysub

· Edited by centexhairysub

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

This is a very well written story; that has some great characters that you learn to really care about.  However, the ending just totally pulls the rug out from under your feet.  I do believe the story is well worth reading, and after I have some time to digest the final chapter, I may come back and update this review but just be prepared to be really shocked and ready for a sense of disquiet.  

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, went up a star level with the new ending, but not sure it was needed.  The original ending was jarring; but if that was the vision of the author than that is what it was.  That said, I do like the new ending better.  I still recommend this story, the writing is very good, and the characters are interesting.  

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to review
rdale

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

i really enjoyed this story, it is well written and developed. The best part was the original ending, it made the story real and believable to me, not just a fairytail but very close to real life, real grief and its effects on a true soulmate left behind by a sudden inexplicable loss.

  • Like 3
Link to review
weinerdog

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This was a five star story until the ending as you can imagine nobody was prepared for that. GA readers don't see that for the most part in stories on this site but it is worth discussing and it is another part of life.

  • Like 4
Link to review
Dan South

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Allow me to leave a review for the story, not my, or anyone’s, personal response to it. As with every outstanding offering from Lee Wilson this is, above all, an incredibly well-written and creative story, start to finish. Unlike other tales told by this talented Author, the reader has the opportunity to decide which ending suits their desired outcome since there are two disparate choices available for all of the wrong reasons.

We are invited into the lives of two very young men in love as they find their way forward in the world and take on exceptional challenges together. In the process their love leads them into a deep commitment to each other and what I can best describe as them forming an impromptu  family of choice. Changes pile on top challenges: name, careers, housing and home, even socioeconomic status. What else could happen? Well…

If for no other reason read on to see what riled up the keyboard warriors who caused the optional/alternate ending to be penned. Unnecessary but it happened.

Very generous of you, Lee Wilson. Happy New Year. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to review
Azorf

   2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

This was a good story until the ending, not just because of the sudden change in direction but I feel if the author has suddenly realised he is having a deadline to meet and rushed things at the end, leaving many loose ends.

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Link to review
Jack2

   2 of 5 members found this review helpful 2 / 5 members

The ending to this story was, in my opinion, a total cop out by the author. What had been a fairly interesting story became a disappointing and juvenile work.  It felt like a betrayal by the author of his readers. Not cool.

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
Link to review
Jabba

   0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Good story which I found a little hard hitting at times. Thank god for the additional chapter. I was totally bummed by the "other ending". I checked the link to see what Adam looked like and he was cute but the image didn't match my imagined boy. My imagination showed a bit of a farm-boy for some reason not backed up by your story. The situations of the characters were plausible in the main. Thanks for creating this story for us.

  • Like 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..