Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,568 Words
  • 4,436 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Crave - 14. Chapter 14

Chapter 14

 

Merrick had been tossing and turning for quite a while before he finally gave up and threw the blanket off of his naked body. He couldn't keep his mind from returning to what happened in the exercise room...how Jenson's powerful frame had felt… his weight pressing him into the mat. He had been so turned on that he couldn’t decide between friction against the mat below him, or pressing back against the vampire’s hard cock.

The shower had been an even bigger test of his willpower. He knew Jenson was watching him out of the corner of his eye. When he saw the evidence of the vampire’s arousal jutting thick and hard from his body, Merrick had to fight the urge to drop to his knees and take Jenson into his mouth… to taste the man. The problem with that fantasy was he knew Jenson wasn’t ready. It was too soon after losing Kel. Jenson might want him, but if Merrick pushed, the vampire might bolt, or worse, hate himself for giving in.

He let his mind wander back to the shower room. Groaning, he took his hard cock in hand and, with a firm grip, slowly stroked its length. The image of Jenson’s body, glistening with beads of water, pushed him quickly to the edge. With a grunt, he arched his back and felt his cock throb and twitch in his hand as hot cum splashed his chest. Falling back to the bed, he panted for breath and waited for his heart rate to slow. He couldn't remember the last time he had gone so long with only his hand to satisfy him.

With a tired sigh Merrick grabbed a dirty shirt and, after a quick clean up, felt like he could finally sleep. Closing his eyes, he thought about the coming adventure. Despite his age, the idea of finally going on a mission with Jenson, like they’d talked about when he was a child, sent a thrill through him. He fell asleep physically sated, with a smile on his face.

The next day was full of activity as they prepared for arrival. Their landing area had been chosen because it allowed large ships to dock directly on the planet. The plan was to have the ship’s crew live on board for the month, working with members of the building team to construct a landing base. The ship’s lab facilities would also be available for any tests that couldn’t be run in the field. Jenson’s group would drive a couple of hundred kilometers away, and set up their operations base. The location for the base was adjacent to a large lake, which they were assured contained drinkable water. Audra was originally supposed to stay with her ship, but it was quickly decided she would travel with the researchers and leave her second in command in charge of the crew.

The landing was uneventful, and everyone breathed a sigh of relief when they touched down safely. No one had forgotten the previous sabotage attempt, and tensions were high. The territory between the ship and the operations base was rocky and rough, so they brought specially designed vehicles manufactured to handle the rough terrain. Soon after landing, five vehicles were driven off of the ship, loaded with materials and supplies. Merrick and Jenson rode separately, with Jenson’s vehicle taking the lead. Everyone remained on full alert as they navigated through the unfamiliar territory.

The ride was challenging, and Merrick was jolted so hard a few times that he bit his tongue and tasted blood in his mouth. The ground leveled as they entered a forest, and he took the opportunity to study his surroundings. The trees had deep black trunks and blood red leaves, which blocked out most of the sunlight. Every so often he thought he saw something moving in the tree branches. He wondered if it was the small primate-like creatures he knew inhabited the area. When they finally reached the clearing that would be their home for the next month, Merrick saw a group of males standing near the lake. At this time of the morning there was still a light mist over the water behind them.

The convoy pulled up to a stop in a line at the edge of the clearing. Merrick jumped out quickly, and heard the others exiting the vehicles behind him. Jenson and Audra got out of the lead vehicle and came to stand beside him. The vampire stiffened and gave Merrick a sharp look. His gaze swept over the younger man before settling on his mouth. The vampire had a strange look on his face as he stared intently at Merrick’s lips. Self-consciously, Merrick touched them and felt moisture. He pulled his hand away and saw a small amount of blood smeared on his fingertips. He looked up at the vampire and shrugged. “It was a rough ride.” He watched Jenson’s eyes shift from blue to black, and the look of hunger in the vampire’s eyes sent a thrill of excitement up Merrick’s spine.

“You should be more careful,” Jenson said quietly. The vampire reached up to touch Merrick’s lip when he heard Audra chuckling quietly behind him. With a deep breath, he pulled his hand away and muttered, “Wait here,” before turning to walk, solo, to the group of five males.

“Senator,” Jenson said as he approached the shore. He stopped a few feet away from the group and bowed slightly. “Thank you for welcoming us to Alect-3. I trust you weren’t waiting long?”

“We only just arrived,” the taller male answered, inclining his head slightly in Jenson’s direction. His voice had an interesting crackling sound to it… it reminded Merrick of a wood fire. He studied the males while waiting to be presented to the group. All were tall and slender and had the long blue-black hair common to their species. From a distance they resembled humans, but on closer inspection, they didn’t have a nose or nostrils and their red and orange pupils were vertically slit. They also had six long and slender fingers on each hand.

While watching the interactions, Merrick noticed Audra stiffen beside him as Dr. Forbes came up beside her. The tall redhead stood slightly ahead and in front of the petite vampire… almost in a protective stance. Merrick stifled a laugh. If he knew Audra, she wasn’t going to tolerate being treated like the ‘little woman’ for very long.

“Let me introduce my team.” Jenson turned and indicated that everyone should approach. As the vampire introduced each person, they acknowledged the Alectarans with a nod of their heads. They were all briefed prior to the mission that, unlike in the vampire and human culture, shaking hands was not an acceptable form of greeting with this species. When Jenson introduced Audra, Merrick saw a couple of the males grimace in disgust. Despite the less than polite greeting she received, Audra took great care to be respectful, even though Merrick was sure she hated every second.

“The female is in charge of your ship?” one of the males asked, roving his eyes over Audra’s body. Merrick saw Dr. Forbes’ eyes flash in anger. His body twitched, like he was suppressing the urge to attack the man who appeared to be insulting Audra.

“Yes,” Audra said, meeting the male’s eyes. Her voice was steady and controlled. “I’ve been the captain of my own ship since long before any of you were born.”

Merrick felt his lip twitch at the shocked look shared between the group. A younger male near the back of the group sneered, clearly angry that a female would dare speak to him. He deliberately turned away from Audra. “So it’s true that vampires allow their females to speak in polite company. Why does the Counseurie insist on doing business with such a species?”

Audra stood stiffly beside Merrick as she visibly struggled to control her temper. He could hear murmurs of discontent within their group. Audra was highly thought of, and the disrespect she was being shown was not being taken well.

“Counseur Rossud,” the male Jenson had addressed as Senator snapped at the younger man. “You will hold your tongue.” The shorter male muttered an apology to the Senator and lowered his head, but not before he sent a hateful glare to Audra. “My apologies,” the Senator said, addressing Jenson. “Counseur Rossud is young. He is still learning the fine art of diplomacy.”

It didn’t escape Merrick’s notice that although the Senator apologized for the Counseur speaking out of turn, he did not apologize for what had been said. The tension in both groups was palpable.

“I understand there were some issues before our arrival?” Jenson asked, taking the focus off of Audra, at least temporarily.

The Senator sighed. “Yes. An unfortunate incident. There were several impulse disrupters set in the area. There is no need for concern however; our security personnel neutralized all of the devices.”

Jenson nodded. “And the perpetrators?”

“They’re currently being investigated,” the Senator said, although Merrick noted some evasiveness in his response. His instincts told him the male was holding something back. From the sidelong look the vampire gave him, it appeared Jenson agreed. After several more minutes of discussion, the Alectaran group said their goodbyes, and boarded their small shuttle.

“What was that about?” Audra asked when the shuttle lifted off. “All of that fuss for a five minute greeting?”

“I was wondering the same thing,” the vampire said as he looked down at his sister. “You kept your temper admirably.”

Audra snorted. “It wasn’t easy, believe me.”

Jenson laughed, and with a nod to the building crew who had accompanied them, he indicated they could start constructing their temporary shelters. While they were being erected, Merrick and the security team set up a perimeter around the clearing. Several drones were released to augment the guards on watch, and motion sensing cameras were placed strategically throughout the camp. Merrick wasn’t leaving anyone’s safety to chance.

Halfway around the lake, Merrick spotted an area where the ground had been disturbed. Normally this wouldn’t have bothered him, especially since they were next to a water source, but something about the tracks seemed unusual. Crouching down, he took a better look at the ground. The tracks were nothing like he had seen in the reports he had read regarding the planet. They were comprised of four claw marks; three where the toes would be and one for the ‘heel.’ In all his years of study, Merrick had never seen anything like this. One set of tracks lead from the woods to the water’s edge. Another set led back into the woods. Merrick followed the trail only a few meters before the prints disappeared. He examined the surrounding area closely, and found a trunk of a tree with slashes torn into the rough bark, as if something had used its claws to quickly climb into the branches.

Merrick programmed a small drone to catalogue his findings and headed back to the camp, searching for Jenson. He finally found the vampire by the vehicles, talking to one of the builders. “Jenson,” he called out as he jogged up to him. “You got a minute?”

The vampire turned at the sound of his voice and smiled. “Sure. What’s going on?”

“When I was walking the perimeter I noticed some strange tracks on the far side of the lake. Bipedal… but nothing I’ve ever seen before.” Merrick looked over to the area where he had spotted the tracks. “I don’t remember anything in the briefings about a large bipedal species indigenous to this planet?”

Jenson`s brow furrowed. “There are several primate-like species, but nothing larger than 40 kilograms.”

“This was definitely larger than that. If I had to guess I would say about 185 cm and 90 kilograms, and its feet were clawed.”

Jenson’s surprise over Merrick’s discovery was clear. After grabbing a couple of scanners, Merrick led Jenson around the lake. The vampire investigated the tracks leading from the woods for several minutes, with Merrick following behind him. “These don’t come from anything native to this planet,” the vampire confirmed as he stood, wiping his hands on his dark pants. “You said the tracks stopped in the woods?”

Merrick nodded and pointed in the direction of the scarred tree. “It looks like it went in there and climbed into the canopy after a few meters.”

Jenson stood in front of the tree and touched the claw marks. “Have you taken samples?”

“Yes.” Merrick stood behind the vampire, watching him, while keeping an eye on forest around them. “I had a drone take video and organic samples. It should be on its way back to the ship by now. The science team will run the tests and send me the results.”

“Good.” Jenson nodded, and then looked up into the branches. He reached for a sturdy branch and pulled himself up, quickly disappearing into the thick canopy. Even knowing where the large man was, Merrick had a difficult time seeing him in the thick foliage.

“There are claw marks up here as well,” the older man’s voice drifted down. “And some sort of symbols.”

“Anything you recognize?” Merrick called up to his friend. Jenson was so well travelled, and had encountered so many unusual species that if any would know what this creature was, it would be his vampire friend.

“Maybe…,” the vampire said thoughtfully, before Merrick heard him move to the next tree. “There are marks here too.” The man moved from tree to tree, sometimes backtracking if he lost the trail. Merrick followed from below, on alert for any unusual movement in the trees. After half an hour of tracking, Jenson climbed down and landed beside Merrick. "There are several sets of marks in the trees here. They go off in multiple directions. I can’t tell if it’s one creature, or a group. We might want to set up some additional monitoring in this location."

Merrick agreed, and proceeded to set up several surveillance cameras in the area. They were night vision and motion sensing, so if anything moved, they would see it.

“What the hell do you think it is?” Merrick asked as they made their way back to the base.

“I have an idea,” Jenson said, looking deep in thought. “I’ll have to do a little more research to be sure.” He turned and looked at Merrick briefly. “The question is: how did this creature get on Alect-3?”

When they got back to camp, Merrick went to the building housing the offices and labs, and commed the ship’s science officer to confirm he had received the samples. The male advised that the tests were underway and the video had been uploaded into the ship’s computers. Merrick thanked him and immediately pulled up the data. The readings from the probe indicated the creature’s size was larger than Merrick’s initial estimates. He was reviewing the footage from the forest when he heard footsteps approaching. He looked up as the vampire walked in and sat in a chair across from him.

“We may have a problem,” the older man sighed. “I think the tracks are from an Eceran flauros.”

“Shit,” Merrick swore out loud, leaning back in his chair. Jenson wasn’t kidding. If there was a flauros on the planet, they had a problem.

div style="margin:0px;">Thank you, Gary, for all of your support and encouragement. Thank you to all of you who are reading and supporting this story.
 
If you have any comments or questions or just want to say hi please drop by the Crave forum
Copyright © 2016 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 4
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Finally, they arrive. :)

 

The Alectarans were... interesting. I was pissed off along with Audra at her treatment by them. A knife couldn't cut through the tension between the two groups. But, I really liked Audra's dig at them when she said she's been a captain longer than they've been alive :D I laughed so hard :lol: Quite frankly, she's a badass!
But, the redheaded doctor standing up for Audra placed a smile on my face. He really cares for her. Of course, Audra wasn't happy with that either, but I still found it sweet :)

 

As for J and Merrick, sooner or later they'll have to open up more, especially on J's part. When it happens, sparks will fly :*)

 

Thanks Lit for this terrific chapter! :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh, Flauros... Ok so I don't know anything about them, but I am excited to find out! The impending mystery is very intriguing.. Love the set up.

 

The Alectarian's disdain for Audra is appalling, and I just know they will regret it when she ends up having to save their ass. Especially the little smart mouth kid.

 

Audra is amused by her brother and Merrick, meanwhile she has her own knight standing by much as she hates it. Watching those four toggle work and want is going to be so much fun..
Thanks for another great chapter Lit!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Well their welcome went pretty much like they expected. Something's definitely off, though. The Alecterans aren't as forthcoming as they'd like everyone to believe. I'm intrigued by this flauros. What is it and why is it so dangerous? I guess I have to wait until next week to find out. Great chapter. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

And another great chapter that advances the story in a beautiful and measured way. Merrick is showing the kind of man he is... putting Jenson's needs first despite how strongly he feels for him. I have to say, with very little information, you are making me really like Dr. Forbes... he just might end up softening Audra's edges a bit... he at least seems up for the challenge lol. Great little mystery at the end. How many of these things are there, and is just their group in danger, or are all Alectarens at risk. Judging by the markings in the trees, these things are intelligent... well done, Lit... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/06/2015 03:19 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

Finally, they arrive. :)

 

The Alectarans were... interesting. I was pissed off along with Audra at her treatment by them. A knife couldn't cut through the tension between the two groups. But, I really liked Audra's dig at them when she said she's been a captain longer than they've been alive :D I laughed so hard :lol: Quite frankly, she's a badass!

But, the redheaded doctor standing up for Audra placed a smile on my face. He really cares for her. Of course, Audra wasn't happy with that either, but I still found it sweet :)

 

As for J and Merrick, sooner or later they'll have to open up more, especially on J's part. When it happens, sparks will fly :*)

 

Thanks Lit for this terrific chapter! :hug:

Audra is very proud of her accomplishments and won't stand for anyone disrespecting her. Unfortunately, she's convinced herself that the doc doesn't respect her. Hopefully this month will give them a chance.

 

J and Merrick do need to open up to each other more, especially the stubborn vampire. He's been so used to shouldering his problems alone that he needs some prodding to open up.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Drew. I love to read each one :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/06/2015 03:46 AM, Defiance19 said:

Oh, Flauros... Ok so I don't know anything about them, but I am excited to find out! The impending mystery is very intriguing.. Love the set up.

 

The Alectarian's disdain for Audra is appalling, and I just know they will regret it when she ends up having to save their ass. Especially the little smart mouth kid.

 

Audra is amused by her brother and Merrick, meanwhile she has her own knight standing by much as she hates it. Watching those four toggle work and want is going to be so much fun..

Thanks for another great chapter Lit!

lol I admit, I didn't give a lot of detail about the flauros, but you'll find out more about them soon. The Alectarans are a male dominated society where females have no rights. It makes interacting with other societies very difficult for them. They may come to regret their attitudes... we'll just have to see where this leads.

 

People are funny. They notice things about their friends and family, but often miss something so seemingly obvious in their own lives.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Def. I appreciate it. :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/06/2015 03:52 AM, Valkyrie said:

Well their welcome went pretty much like they expected. Something's definitely off, though. The Alecterans aren't as forthcoming as they'd like everyone to believe. I'm intrigued by this flauros. What is it and why is it so dangerous? I guess I have to wait until next week to find out. Great chapter. :)

I think everyone expected the greeting they received, even if they didn't like it. I know I was very vague about the flauros, but more details will be coming soon.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Val. I appreciate it :)

Link to comment
On 12/06/2015 04:33 AM, JohnAR said:

As promised: 'No' comment about a the cliffhanger ;-). JAR

Your 'No Comment' is duly noted ;) Lit

Link to comment
On 12/06/2015 05:43 AM, Headstall said:

And another great chapter that advances the story in a beautiful and measured way. Merrick is showing the kind of man he is... putting Jenson's needs first despite how strongly he feels for him. I have to say, with very little information, you are making me really like Dr. Forbes... he just might end up softening Audra's edges a bit... he at least seems up for the challenge lol. Great little mystery at the end. How many of these things are there, and is just their group in danger, or are all Alectarens at risk. Judging by the markings in the trees, these things are intelligent... well done, Lit... Gary...

I'm pleased that the pace is working for you. I don't want to frustrate readers, but some things really can't rushed.

 

Dr. Forbes, I think, is pretty misunderstood by Audra. I like him too. He is going to have his hands full trying to win over Audra. lol :)

 

Than you, Gary. I really appreciate your support and, as always, I love your reviews. :hug:

Link to comment

Another chapter
with their love on the simmer
Merrick understands

 

Love foolish vampires
Audra blind to redhead love
Jenson all business

 

After planet fall
Formal greeting, cool tempers
A horror awaits

Link to comment

I hope some of the humans will tell the aliens that human females also speak up in polite company - in fact they're often considered more polite company than males. :lol:
But the red-headed doctor needs to work on overriding his primal instincts. :rolleyes: What the fuck was he doing taking a protective stance in front of Audra? :pissed: She's way better at combat than he is, and even if she did accept his romantic interest, there's no way she'll let him do this alpha male shit. And doing it in front of the aliens too :facepalm: - the idiot is signaling she's 'weak' if she needs 'protection'. What a jerk, he'd never have done that if Audra was a man. :angry: I hope she keeps ignoring him, until he starts respecting her and her abilities.
OK, rant over. It was a great chapter. More please :D

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

The two disturbing things in this chapter were the fact that the Alectrans were hiding something and the presence of a dangerous alien predator. It's clear to me that this creature, or as I suspect creatures, have been introduced to cause problems with their colonization by the insurgents. I also suspect that not all of the people in power are happy about this mission. I can already see this becoming nasty very rapidly. You only have to think of the devastating effect two rogue lions had on building the Kenya-Uganda Railway in 1898 to understand what my concerns are here. They killed 135 people before the were stopped.

Link to comment
On 12/06/2015 07:05 PM, Bucket1 said:

Another chapter

with their love on the simmer

Merrick understands

 

Love foolish vampires

Audra blind to redhead love

Jenson all business

 

After planet fall

Formal greeting, cool tempers

A horror awaits

You wrote me a poem? :D

Let's see if I can address what you wrote:

Yes, love is on simmer, but Merrick gets why. It's too soon.

Audra is blind to the redhead, but he does seem to approach her the wrong way. Maybe someone needs to talk to him too?

The greet was formal and tense and something is waiting. You will find out what very soon.

Thank you for the poem, B. I loved it! :hug:

Link to comment
On 12/06/2015 08:19 PM, Timothy M. said:

I hope some of the humans will tell the aliens that human females also speak up in polite company - in fact they're often considered more polite company than males. :lol:

But the red-headed doctor needs to work on overriding his primal instincts. :rolleyes: What the fuck was he doing taking a protective stance in front of Audra? :pissed: She's way better at combat than he is, and even if she did accept his romantic interest, there's no way she'll let him do this alpha male shit. And doing it in front of the aliens too :facepalm: - the idiot is signaling she's 'weak' if she needs 'protection'. What a jerk, he'd never have done that if Audra was a man. :angry: I hope she keeps ignoring him, until he starts respecting her and her abilities.

OK, rant over. It was a great chapter. More please :D

I think you really 'get' Audra. She is fiercely independent and she is very proud of what she has accomplished in her life. If the doc wants to win her over he's going to have to keep that in mind (as well as the fact that should COULD take him down if she wanted to). Perhaps someone who knows her will give the poor man a clue? Her fault is that she is too sensitive about these issues because of the times she's has to defend herself against chauvinistic males.

 

I'm working on the 'more' now. Thank you for your review and your support, Tim. I appreciate it :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/07/2015 12:09 AM, drpaladin said:

The two disturbing things in this chapter were the fact that the Alectrans were hiding something and the presence of a dangerous alien predator. It's clear to me that this creature, or as I suspect creatures, have been introduced to cause problems with their colonization by the insurgents. I also suspect that not all of the people in power are happy about this mission. I can already see this becoming nasty very rapidly. You only have to think of the devastating effect two rogue lions had on building the Kenya-Uganda Railway in 1898 to understand what my concerns are here. They killed 135 people before the were stopped.

I remember the movie about that... 'The Ghost and the Darkness' I believe? That was a horrific time. The fact that these creatures are there at all is a concern, and so is the fact that the Alectarans are hiding something.

Thank you for another great review, and your support. I appreciate it :)

Link to comment

Diplomacy works both ways. So our group should have been ready for the 'females should be seen and not heard thing'. As well, while we might feel it's wrong, we shouldn't be forcing our views on others ... all part of diplomacy. And I'm afraid something that's rarely written properly in North American literature. My opinion.

 

But other than the above its a nice chapter.

Link to comment
On 12/13/2015 01:42 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Diplomacy works both ways. So our group should have been ready for the 'females should be seen and not heard thing'. As well, while we might feel it's wrong, we shouldn't be forcing our views on others ... all part of diplomacy. And I'm afraid something that's rarely written properly in North American literature. My opinion.

 

But other than the above its a nice chapter.

It's true that diplomacy goes both ways. If you remember, that was one of their concerns about having Audra accompany them. She is the captain of the ship and would have to meet the Alectarans. To not do so would have also been considered rude by their society. They were also not going to lie and say that her second officer was the captain. I think Audra did her best, and tried to be cordial, but ultimately lost her temper.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, tim I appreciate it.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..