Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,631 Words
  • 4,064 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Crave - 11. Chapter 11

Chapter 11

 

Jenson touched Kel’s face, his neck, and caressed his hair. The touches were light, but urgent. He could hear Kel’s heart thundering in his thin chest. His breaths were rapid and shallow. For the first time in longer than Jenson could remember, Kel’s eyes were on him… they seemed to SEE him. “Kel?” he whispered.

A shaky hand reached for him. “… forgive… Jens….” The whispered words were so quiet he had to strain to hear them. The hand fell away.

“No… no… no…,” he cried painfully. “Why, Kel? Why did you do…?” His voice gave out, and he could only sob as grief swamped him. He pulled Kel to his chest, but the body was only a shell…Kel had left.

 

Jenson’s eyes flew open, and he could feel his heart racing. It was dark, and it took him a moment to remember where he was… in his room. It took him a second more to remember his dream, his reality… Kel was dead. Tears formed in his eyes as sorrow threatened to pull him under again. He wiped them angrily away, and set his feet on the floor.

“Lights on,” he said with a sigh. Looking at the clock, he saw it was still very early. Knowing he wouldn’t be getting any more sleep tonight, he got out of bed and walked through the house. He found himself standing in front of the door to Kel’s wing. The door was no longer secured, and opened as soon as he stepped near the sensors. The hall was silent. It was strange to see it so quiet. This wing hadn’t been empty since he moved Kel in, shortly after he had the house built. Walking to Kel’s room, he called out for light and leaned against the door frame. Everything, including the blood, had been cleaned by the staff before they left. Even Kel’s bed had been stripped. It stood bare on one side of the room. Dr. MacAllister had called the council’s medical examiner, who had taken Kel’s body for examination before the funeral preparations. The doctor had given his report to the examiner, and the man didn’t think there would be any issues. Kel’s body was expected to be released in the afternoon, in time for a sunset ceremony.

Jenson closed his eyes against his memories before quickly walking back to the main house. Audra was sitting on the stairs in the foyer, and looked up at him as he approached. Jenson could see the sadness and the concern in her eyes.

“I heard you get up,” she said quietly. “I thought I would see if you wanted company?”

With a sigh, Jensen sat down beside her. Audra reached over and took his hand in hers. He still felt terrible for yelling at her and Merrick. “About earlier…,” he said, squeezing her hand gently. “I’m sorry I was so harsh with you….”

“It’s ok, Jens,” she said with a sad smile. “We understood. You needed time alone.”

“We?” Jenson turned to her in surprise. “Merrick understands? What, exactly, does he understand?”

“Relax. I didn’t tell him anything about Kel. You’re going to need to talk to him, Jens.”

“I know,” Jenson looked at the floor in front of him. “He must’ve had a million questions.”

“Wouldn’t you?” Audra gently prodded.

“Fair enough,” Jenson shook his head. “I don’t even know where to start….”

“From the beginning,” Audra gave his hand a squeeze. “I am so sorry, Jens.”

Jenson stood, and pulled her up with him. “I know you are. Come on, let’s try to get back to sleep. It’s still early yet.”

He knew from the look on her face that Audra didn’t believe for a minute he would be sleeping for the rest of the night. He waited for a protest, but instead she only nodded before turning and walking with him up the stairs. On the landing she turned and pulled him in for a hug.

“I love you, little brother,” she whispered.

“I love you too,” his voice sounded strained, having to squeeze past the lump in his throat. “Now go. Get some sleep.”

Jenson went to his room and grabbed his comm pad. He sat in a chair in the corner, and pulled up the reports about the Alectaran dissidents. He knew he wasn’t going to sleep, but didn’t want to keep his sister awake. She would want to be there for him, and while he appreciated it, he really didn’t want to talk. Not yet.

Reading was impossible as his mind kept returning to Kel, and the look on Merrick’s face when Jenson finally noticed him. The younger man looked shocked. Who wouldn’t be in the same situation? What made Jenson feel really guilty, was the hurt he saw reflected in Merrick’s eyes. Jenson knew he had a lot of explaining to do. How would Merrick react when he finally knew the truth… the whole truth?

After forcing himself to read for a couple of hours, the vampire finally gave it up as a lost cause and put the comm pad away. He took a shower and dressed before going down to force down a mug of blood. He messaged the doctor and confirmed arrangements to have Kel’s body brought to the ceremonial grounds. He knew Audra had spoken to their father the night before, but decided he should do the man the courtesy of giving him the news himself.

“I’m sorry, Jenson,” his father said as soon as he accepted the call. “How are you handling things?”

“I’ve been better,” Jenson sighed, leaning against the front porch rail. The sun had risen over the trees, and the warmth felt good on his face.

“I read Dr. MacAllister’s report. There was nothing you could have done,” his father’s voice was filled with sympathy.

“Dad…,” Jenson looked up at the sky.

“Okay, son. I love you. I’ll see you in a couple of hours. I’d like to go with you and Audra to the grounds,” the older man said, before they ended the call.

The rest of the morning was spent making arrangements for Kel’s ceremony. All of the staff who had worked with Kel over the years had asked to attend. Jenson messaged Joshua with the details so he could contact everyone. His sister was invaluable, making calls on his behalf, and contacting the team to inform them there was a death in the family, and that any meetings were postponed until further notice.

His father arrived a few hours before they had to leave. The older vampire’s sad eyes, and the feel of his arms as they wrapped him in a hug, threatened to crack the numbness the younger vampire was desperate to hold on to. By the time they climbed into his father’s rover, Jenson was completely exhausted. He sat in the back seat and closed his eyes. The steady hum of the vehicle was soothing as he drifted. His eyes opened when he felt the vehicle come to a stop. He stepped out and walked up to Kel’s final resting place. Directly in front of him was a large stone crypt. It stood in the centre of a circular clearing, surrounded by trees. It was a beautiful monument, and under different circumstances, Jenson might have been impressed by the workmanship. He traced the inscriptions carved into the cold, smooth stone with his fingertips. Kel’s name… next to Jenson’s mother’s, were etched there. Generations of Shey’s had been laid to rest here. Even with all of their advancements in technology, some things demanded the respect of tradition.

Removing his hand from the stone, he moved to the raised platform at the entrance of the monument, knowing, without looking, that his sister and father were behind him. Kel’s body was covered with a deep red sheet covered in various inscriptions, sewn in black thread… another tradition. Jenson removed the sheet from his face. His eyes watered as he leaned down and kissed Kel’s cool lips one last time. “Goodbye, Kel,” he whispered, touching his cheek, before covering him again.

The sound of mourners arriving made him turn. He was surprised to find Merrick standing a few feet away, looking unsure of himself. The younger man’s eyes were wet with tears. Jenson looked at his sister. His unspoken question was clear.

“He asked if it would be okay if he came when I talked to him this morning,” she said quietly, appearing to be concerned about her brother’s reaction.

He nodded, and with a slight smile to show her he wasn’t upset, he walked over to Merrick.

“Jenson,” Merrick’s voice was strained and his hands twitched like he wanted to reach out for the vampire, but he wasn’t sure if it would be welcome.

“Thank you for coming, Merrick,” Jenson said softly, giving the man a quick hug before stepping back again. He looked over at the small crowd gathering in the clearing. “I have to go and greet everyone.”

“Oh…. Okay...,” Merrick looked over the vampire’s shoulder before turning his gaze back on him. “I just wanted you to know that I’m here… if you need me.”

Without thinking about it, Jenson stepped forward and gave his friend another hug. “I know… thank you.” He pulled back and placed his hand on the younger man’s cheek before turning to greet the new arrivals.

<><><>

Two days later, Jenson stood on the ramp to his sister’s ship. Council had offered to delay the mission, but Jenson had no desire to be home right now. It was too quiet there. He needed something to do. Taking a deep breath, he walked up the ramp and went directly to his quarters. The rest of the team would be arriving shortly, and he wanted to be settled before they boarded. The first meeting with them after the funeral had been awkward. No one but his family, his staff, and the Council had known about Kel. The official report given to the team was that the Shey’s had suffered a loss in the family. No further details were given. He was grateful that after a few expressions of sympathy for their loss, the matter was dropped. The hardest part for Jenson, was feeling Merrick’s eyes on him every time they were in the same room together. He knew the other man wanted answers.

Jenson was trying to decide if he should go to the bridge to find Audra when his door alert buzzed. He saw his sister standing on the other side on the view screen. “Come in,” he called.

“There you are,” she said as she strode through the door. “Are you going to hide out in here for the entire trip?”

“I was just about to go and find you,” he said, giving her a smile. He hated to see sadness in her eyes every time she looked at him.

Audra scrutinized him for a few moments before nodding. “Okay.”

They walked to the bridge and found Merrick there, leaning over a monitor with the redheaded human scientist beside him. Audra grumbled something unintelligible before heading to her chair. Merrick’s eyes met his for a few seconds, before calling the vampire over. “Jenson, have you seen the latest communication from Alectara?”

The message on the screen indicated that several representatives from the Alectaran government would meet them at the landing site. The reason given for the change in procedure was to officially welcome them to the system, and to ‘foster good relations’ with their new neighbours. Jenson looked over at his sister as she and her crew went through their final system checks. Oh, this was not going to go well.

“Well, shit,” he chuckled. “I may have to spring Audra from jail after all.”

Merrick, who had been told of Audra’s last encounter with the species, threw his head back and laughed. “We may have to tie her to a chair to keep her on the ship.”

“If she’s not qualified for this mission…,” the human interjected.

Jenson felt his anger rise in reaction to this apparent attack on his sister’s abilities. Before he could say anything, Merrick turned on the other man. “Audra Shey is one of the best pilots in the sector. She’s more than qualified for this mission. Her only problem is she won’t put up being disrespected, by anyone. You would do well to remember that.” Merrick sneered as he said the word ‘problem’.

Out of the corner of his eye, Jenson saw Audra looking at them with a smirk, before turning back to her second officer. Looking back and forth between Merrick and Jenson, the human wisely chose to say no more about Audra, and moved on to discussing ideal sites for their tests.

Shortly after takeoff, Jenson called a team meeting in the conference room to inform everyone they were now expecting a ‘welcoming committee’ when they landed. Audra wasn’t originally scheduled to be part of the landing party, but with the Alectaran contingent waiting for them, it would be an insult for the captain of the ship not to make an appearance.

“This is going to complicate matters,” Jenson said, leaning his forearms on the table in front of him. “This species doesn’t hold women in very high regard, so Audra’s presence is bound to ruffle some feathers, but it would be insulting for the captain of the ship not to pay her respects.” The vampire suppressed a smile when he heard Audra snort next to him.

“If Captain Shey’s presence is going to cause problems, couldn’t her second officer come with us instead? He could say he was the captain. How would they know?” The shorter human said, looking at the others for support.

Audra glared at the human. “This is MY ship, Dr. Lewes. I am her captain. If those Neanderthals have a problem with me, then they can leave.” She turned her glare on Dr. Forbes, as if challenging him to contradict her. The younger scientist met her gaze, but stayed silent. Jenson could have sworn he saw the corner of the man’s lip twitch.

“Audra will disembark with us,” the tone in Jenson’s voice left no room for argument. “I’ll keep you informed of any other developments.”

Before he could leave, one of the security team stopped Jenson to clarify landing procedure now that Audra was joining them. The ship’s security chief had requested that one of his officers join them to ensure their captain’s safety. Jenson agreed, and sent the young man on his way to make the arrangements. When Jenson turned to follow the male out of the room, he realized Merrick was still sitting at the table… and they were alone.

“Can we talk?” Merrick looked up at him with those expressive, hazel eyes Jenson always had a hard time saying no to.

Without speaking, the vampire nodded, and led the way out the door. Merrick followed him out of the room and down the hall to his quarters. His room wasn’t tiny, but it felt claustrophobic with Merrick’s presence filling it. The younger man sat on the bunk and looked at him expectantly. Apparently he was going to wait for Jenson to speak.

“I should have told you about Kel years ago.” He felt the pain trying to return, and took a deep breath to steady himself. “I could never find the right time.” He looked out the small window to the inky blackness beyond. “I don’t know where to start.”

“You could start by telling me who he was to you,” Merrick said, breaking his silence.

Jenson looked at the younger man, surprised he didn’t already realize. “Kel was my lover, Merrick. If things had turned out differently, he would have been my husband.”

div style="margin:0px;">Thank you, Gary, for all of your support and late night editing and thank you to all of you who are reading and supporting this story.
 
If you have any comments or questions or just want to say hi please drop by the Crave forum
Copyright © 2016 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another wonderful chapter, Lit. There was real sadness and my heart went out to Jensen. It was a very tough time for Merrick as well, having to wait and watch from the outside. The story is coming, and how this will change things is the big question. What will Jensen tell him, and how will Merrick react... how will this affect him? Where is Jensen's head right now? Will he try to close off as he grieves? And if he does, will Merrick let him? I felt bad for Kel, and I want to hear the full story, but he was obviously ill, and a huge roadblock in Jensen's ability to move on. So looking forward to where we go next. The final line was powerful... the whole chapter was. Cheers, my friend... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So now we know who Kel was. How sad for Jenson to lose him not once but twice.

 

I'm looking forward to Audra kicking some male chauvinist Alectaran butt!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

A sad chapter, but maybe Jenson can start to move on now? It sounds like he has been in limbo for a long time. I wonder who Kel mean when he said 'forgive'? Forgive Jenson for whatever happened or forgive him for taking his own life?

 

I'd like to know more about Kel. He was obviously very important to Jenson. I wonder how long Merrick will wait before he makes Jenson talk to him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ah, as we expected, sigh. Somehow, it makes sense that Kel was to have been Jenson's husband, but something prevented that. My guess is this was Jenson biting Kel during sex, and Kel turned out to be allergic or it went wrong in some other way. :no:
But all that matters is that Jenson is finally talking to Merrick and this secret which might have kept them apart will no longer be an issue. Oh, I'm not saying they will fall into each other's arms, but now their love has a chance. What stood in their way, as I see it, was not so much Kel as a person, but Jenson's guilt. His guilt over what happened to Kel, but even more importantly his guilt over falling in love with someone else while Kel was still alive.
This was a chapter of closure, but also an opening for a new love to be born. Wonderful.

Link to comment

Oh Kel :,(

 

Now I am absolutely curious about Jens and Kel. How did they meet? When did they become lovers. Above all, what happened?
No wonder J avoided Merrick for years. He was conflicted between his love for Merrick and his love for Kel. J is devoted and loyal to those he love, especially romantically. That is a strength that I love about J.

 

As for Audra, I love her more and more :) She's amazing Lit! I like how strong and determined she is. I especially enjoy how she doesn't take shit from anybody, including that young doctor.
Speaking of him, I suspect there is more going on between Audra and the doctor than meets the eye... :yes:

 

Thank you Lit for another amazing chapter :kiss:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Okay I won't gloat about being right.. much.
But however right I am, this was sad. Like watching your lover die from aids or cancer or any other awful disease. I think Merrick will realize now is not the time and he'll have to wait for Jensen to grieve and maybe reach out to him as a friend.. then maybe one day as a lover.
Nice chapter, LL
tim

Link to comment

Sorry to be contrarian (or not sorry): I'am not sure it is wise to upset a people who just 'gave' you a planet at the first meeting to satisfy the needs of one individual ... the need of of the many ...
Vampire seems to love for a long time ...

Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 03:54 AM, Headstall said:

Another wonderful chapter, Lit. There was real sadness and my heart went out to Jensen. It was a very tough time for Merrick as well, having to wait and watch from the outside. The story is coming, and how this will change things is the big question. What will Jensen tell him, and how will Merrick react... how will this affect him? Where is Jensen's head right now? Will he try to close off as he grieves? And if he does, will Merrick let him? I felt bad for Kel, and I want to hear the full story, but he was obviously ill, and a huge roadblock in Jensen's ability to move on. So looking forward to where we go next. The final line was powerful... the whole chapter was. Cheers, my friend... Gary...

It was an awful time for Jenson, but you're right, it was hard for Merrick too. His first instinct would be to go to his friend. I promise, Kel's story is coming soon.

 

Thank you so much for everything. You're awesome (I don't think I said that yet today ;)) :hug:

Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 04:08 AM, Puppilull said:

So now we know who Kel was. How sad for Jenson to lose him not once but twice.

 

I'm looking forward to Audra kicking some male chauvinist Alectaran butt!

It would be hard to lose someone you love two times. It's a good thing he has a lot of stubborn people around him who won't let him do this on his own.

 

As for Audra... she's been fun to write. We'll see what happens when the get to the planet.

 

Thank you for your review and your support. I appreciate it :)

Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 04:09 AM, EagleIsaac said:

A sad chapter, but maybe Jenson can start to move on now? It sounds like he has been in limbo for a long time. I wonder who Kel mean when he said 'forgive'? Forgive Jenson for whatever happened or forgive him for taking his own life?

 

I'd like to know more about Kel. He was obviously very important to Jenson. I wonder how long Merrick will wait before he makes Jenson talk to him.

I think that Jenson can start to heal now, as long as he doesn't try to hide from everyone. About the "forgive:? I'm not sure he'll ever know exactly what it meant.

 

Thank you for your support and your review, Eagle. I appreciate it :hug:

Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 04:10 AM, Timothy M. said:

Ah, as we expected, sigh. Somehow, it makes sense that Kel was to have been Jenson's husband, but something prevented that. My guess is this was Jenson biting Kel during sex, and Kel turned out to be allergic or it went wrong in some other way. :no:

But all that matters is that Jenson is finally talking to Merrick and this secret which might have kept them apart will no longer be an issue. Oh, I'm not saying they will fall into each other's arms, but now their love has a chance. What stood in their way, as I see it, was not so much Kel as a person, but Jenson's guilt. His guilt over what happened to Kel, but even more importantly his guilt over falling in love with someone else while Kel was still alive.

This was a chapter of closure, but also an opening for a new love to be born. Wonderful.

Closure and new beginnings. Jenson has been weighed down by his past for a long time. Some answers about Kel will come in the next chapter, but you're right... Merrick and Jenson aren't just going to fall into each other's arms. Jenson needs to heal. The questions is, will he let Merrick help him do that?

 

Thank you for all of your support and your great review, Tim. I appreciate it :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Sad. Even though we had ideas about who Kel was to Jenson, the confirmation of just how close was still hard to read. That must have been so hard on J. Now to find out why exactly he was that way. I suspect the reason why has a big part to play in J keeping himself distant from Merrick. It will be interesting to see how Merrick handles knowing the truth. Straddling that line between being a friend while wanting to be so much more. Hopefully Jenson gives a little. I guess being together as they are could have its benefits.
I am equally excited to get Audra's story. She is fascinating to me.
Loved the chapter Lit, and I'm not chirping, I'm squawking for more..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 04:13 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

Oh Kel :,(

 

Now I am absolutely curious about Jens and Kel. How did they meet? When did they become lovers. Above all, what happened?

No wonder J avoided Merrick for years. He was conflicted between his love for Merrick and his love for Kel. J is devoted and loyal to those he love, especially romantically. That is a strength that I love about J.

 

As for Audra, I love her more and more :) She's amazing Lit! I like how strong and determined she is. I especially enjoy how she doesn't take shit from anybody, including that young doctor.

Speaking of him, I suspect there is more going on between Audra and the doctor than meets the eye... :yes:

 

Thank you Lit for another amazing chapter :kiss:

I promise, there is more about Kel coming. J is a very loyal man. He made a commitment and you don't take those lightly when you're committing to centuries together.

 

I'm having fun writing about Audra. I'm curious about her the young doctor myself ;)

 

Thank you for your support and another great review, Drew. :hug:

Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 04:31 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Okay I won't gloat about being right.. much.

But however right I am, this was sad. Like watching your lover die from aids or cancer or any other awful disease. I think Merrick will realize now is not the time and he'll have to wait for Jensen to grieve and maybe reach out to him as a friend.. then maybe one day as a lover.

Nice chapter, LL

tim

lol you're allowed to gloat :) It would be terrible to watch someone you loved dying in front of you and this was a long time for J to watch it happen.

 

Merrick wants to be there for Jenson. Hopefully J will let him.

 

Thank you for all of your support and your review, Tim. I appreciate it.

Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 05:10 AM, JohnAR said:

Sorry to be contrarian (or not sorry): I'am not sure it is wise to upset a people who just 'gave' you a planet at the first meeting to satisfy the needs of one individual ... the need of of the many ...

Vampire seems to love for a long time ...

You're never sorry to be contrarian. lol You're right though... they have to be careful how much you anger potential allies. But they didn't "give" the planet as much as they sold it to the vampires and humans.

 

Thank you for your review and all of support. I appreciate it :)

Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 05:14 AM, Geemeedee said:

Started crying in the very first paragraph. And kind of hate you for stopping where you did. :0)

I'm sorry I made you cry, but I am really happy to leave a review. I promise the next chapter won't take too long. :)

Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 05:55 AM, Defiance19 said:

Sad. Even though we had ideas about who Kel was to Jenson, the confirmation of just how close was still hard to read. That must have been so hard on J. Now to find out why exactly he was that way. I suspect the reason why has a big part to play in J keeping himself distant from Merrick. It will be interesting to see how Merrick handles knowing the truth. Straddling that line between being a friend while wanting to be so much more. Hopefully Jenson gives a little. I guess being together as they are could have its benefits.

I am equally excited to get Audra's story. She is fascinating to me.

Loved the chapter Lit, and I'm not chirping, I'm squawking for more..

With Jenson and Merrick the line between friend and lover has been blurring for years. Merrick may have his work cut out for him to keep Jenson from re-establishing that line.

 

Thank you for your support and your review, Def. I appreciate it. :hug:

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

As you know from my earlier review, Jenson's admission to Merrick wasn't a surprise to me. This chapter brought tears to my eyes from the very beginning. For Jenson to be able to see Kel knowing who Jenson was and speaking to him, even so briefly, was the deepest tragedy. To get your deepest desire and then have it snatched away is horrible beyond words.

 

I can see the troublesome scientist is going to continue to be a pain even though Merrick warned him about Audra. The only thing I'm wondering about is whether he or the Alectrans will be the biggest problem they face on this mission. As for Merrick, I don't believe the news that Kel would have been Jenson's husband will affect his feelings toward Jenson. All this took place long before Merrick existed. Jenson needs Merrick now more than ever if he can begin to finally move on with his life. Any hopes of a life with Kel are gone. Merrick represents his hopes and salvation now, if he will accept it. This wasa a wonderful chapter.

Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 10:07 AM, drpaladin said:

As you know from my earlier review, Jenson's admission to Merrick wasn't a surprise to me. This chapter brought tears to my eyes from the very beginning. For Jenson to be able to see Kel knowing who Jenson was and speaking to him, even so briefly, was the deepest tragedy. To get your deepest desire and then have it snatched away is horrible beyond words.

 

I can see the troublesome scientist is going to continue to be a pain even though Merrick warned him about Audra. The only thing I'm wondering about is whether he or the Alectrans will be the biggest problem they face on this mission. As for Merrick, I don't believe the news that Kel would have been Jenson's husband will affect his feelings toward Jenson. All this took place long before Merrick existed. Jenson needs Merrick now more than ever if he can begin to finally move on with his life. Any hopes of a life with Kel are gone. Merrick represents his hopes and salvation now, if he will accept it. This wasa a wonderful chapter.

Kel actually seeing Jenson may be a source of pain for Jenson, as much as it could be a source of comfort. We'll have to see how Jenson deals with everything. I don't think finding out who Kel was will affect Merrick's feelings either.

 

As for the scientist? I'm not sure where that is going yet, I just know he likes to get a rise out of Audra. lol

 

Thank you for your support and another great review. It is appreciated :)

Link to comment

Ouch, that was a tough chapter.
I think the one line explaination of who Kel is hides a long and painful history. Jenson feels so much guilt here. The rest of that conversation is going to be very interesting. Will Jenson be ready to accept another lover? Even one as good for him as Merrick?
Audra is quickly becoming one of my favorites :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 05:28 PM, Bucket1 said:

Ouch, that was a tough chapter.

I think the one line explaination of who Kel is hides a long and painful history. Jenson feels so much guilt here. The rest of that conversation is going to be very interesting. Will Jenson be ready to accept another lover? Even one as good for him as Merrick?

Audra is quickly becoming one of my favorites :)

It was a tough chapter for Jenson. I think it was tough for Merrick too, though. He had no idea his friend was going through so much guilt and so much pain. I hope the next few chapters will give some answers for everyone.

 

I really like Audra too. I think she would be great to have on your side.

 

Thank you for your support and your review, B. I really appreciate it. :)

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

I figured Kel had to be a lover/husband since he was interred in the family plot. I'm very curious about their story and how Merrick will react. Another great chapter, Lit. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/30/2015 04:22 AM, Valkyrie said:

I figured Kel had to be a lover/husband since he was interred in the family plot. I'm very curious about their story and how Merrick will react. Another great chapter, Lit. :)

I guess it was obvious that Kel was important to Jenson. His story will come in the next chapter.

Thank you for review and support. I love reading each one of them.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..