Jump to content
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cider Press - 5. The Apple

Autumn is for Apples, pure and simple.

The Apple

The apple with the smoothest skin,
such gentle colors blush therein,
which curves with subtle, perfect form,
it must inspire a man to sin.

That beauty's proof against the storm,
through chilly nights and days so warm
as might excite the flesh beneath
and appetites beyond the norm.

Arouse that flesh, it will bequeath
delight within its rosy sheath,
it lingers on the palate's thought,
a thrill to shake the soul and teeth.

This fruit, forbidden have I sought,
but all my hunting is for naught,
for you have set my heart a-spin,
and on my face a blush have wrought.

Leave a comment or recollection or note; I am grateful for them all.
Copyright © 2017 Parker Owens; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 6
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a cornucopia of delight you present. I'll not look at apples quite the same as I did before. That first bite into firm crisp flesh, the tart sweet juices on my tongue ... it's enough to make one blush.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, dughlas said:

What a cornucopia of delight you present. I'll not look at apples quite the same as I did before. That first bite into firm crisp flesh, the tart sweet juices on my tongue ... it's enough to make one blush.

 

Apples are far more sensual than they are given credit for, I think. Your comment points that out perfectly. A feast for tongue and taste and teeth, indeed. Thanks so much for reading this and responding to it!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, deville said:

Gosh ,  decadent , going now to partake  in the original sin. 

 

Such simple, lovely and sensual pleasure is the original apple. Thank you!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Who knew apples could be sexy?  :worship: 

 

They are possessed of some marvelous properties...but then, I find curves of many sorts to be sexy...thanks for reading!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Love taking a bite of flesh, of the apple of course. Can be served up hot, cold.. sweet, tart, and yes wet.

 

Oh, thank you, Jp. Your comments are poetry in and of themselves. The apple can surely be a feast. Many thanks! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Apples ... the fruit of original sin.  ;)  And used so often to describe parts of the human anatomy, male and female. So, it is entirely appropriate that you spin your delicious web of words using that fruit as your starting point.  :P 

Link to comment

@northie  Perhaps Adam knew something about cider; or maybe not. But the old apple tree beside my house had plenty of blushing inspiration this year. Thank you for reading, and for your astute observations.

Edited by Parker Owens
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..