Jump to content

Fountain, Field and Forest

   (4 reviews)
Genres: Poetry
Sub-genres: Blank Verse, Mixed Forms

Exploring places which exist in my boyhood memory.

Copyright © 2023 Parker Owens; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 4
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 995 Words
    • 761 Views
    • 30 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

drsawzall

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

They say that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, memories that never fade...

Read on to see if you agree!

Response from the author:

Thank you for your encouraging words.

  • Love 5
Link to review
Backwoods Boy

· Edited by Backwoods Boy

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

For anyone who has ever been "over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house", this magical, lyrical tale will take you right back there.  And for those who missed that experience, this eloquent reminiscence will fill in the gap perfectly.

Response from the author:

That place draws me in, even now. I can imagine that house and that land in spring as well as summer. I’m glad you can feel its pull too. 

  • Love 5
Link to review
raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Fountain, Field and Forest left me with a wonderful feeling for the magic and beauty of a place where one can adventure and explore.  These poems are an intimate recalling of a place and family that obviously shared a deep love for the land and each other.  This is a beautiful collection of poems you will take to your heart. 

Response from the author:

Thank you so much for these very kind thoughts. If the acres of forest and fields behind my grandparents' house came alive to you, then perhaps this collection succeeded. Thanks again.

  • Love 5
Link to review
Headstall

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Parker writes the kind of poetry I gravitate to. In this collection, he takes us on a journey, and it is a beautiful one. He brings us to another time and place, but one I believe many of us can relate to and get lost in. This is a masterful offering, and I can't recommend it enough... even if you are not a poetry lover. Cheers! 

Response from the author:

I’m glad you felt drawn in by this exploration of the woods and meadows I knew. I realize now how fortunate I was to have that experience.  Thank you for such a generous review. 

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..