Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 2,244 Words
  • 3,125 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Aquaria - 6. Aqu Chapter 6

Trenton’s POV

Happy with what they had worked out, for the students, I left Mitchell to go through the plan to make sure it was ok, while I went to find my cousin, and arriving in the Junior officer’s lounge on Deck 2, I found myaunt and cousin chatting.

“Hello Trenton, this is your first cousin Wallace” Natalia said making the introductions, and I shook mycousins hand and welcomed him onboard the Aquaria. “Why don’t you both go down to Deck 5 and get settled into your suite, and by the way, your father has accepted a recommendation of your uncles to turn the starboard side VIP suites into 4 Family cabinsNatalia suggested, and I just nodded my head in understanding and turned around to head out again.

Earlier this morning, before most of the crew were up, I had moved some of my luggage and belongings into Suite 1 of the two executive suites, which shares a private lounge room, with my new accommodation being two times bigger, than what I had before.

“So, what were you best subjects in school? I asked as I stood just outside my cousin’s new quarters, “I did fairly well in all of my chosen subjects, but my favourites were mathematics and language” Wallace replied, as he began to unpack.

“What languages?” I asked, “Swedish, Italian and French, do you have a girlfriend?” Wallace replied, “Well I know a little French that is all, and no I don’t, but I use to have a boyfriend” I replied cautiously.

“Well get the hell away from me then, and I don’t want to see or talk to you” Wallace snarled, as he shoved me backwards to the wall, in shock at what my cousin had just said and done, I dashed out of the Executive lounge, and headed back to my former cabin, where all of my valuable belongings are still located, including a lot of purchases that I had made over the past few days.

Once in my cabin, I locked the door, and went and had a hot shower, where I cried a lot, before stumbling into bed and dozing for a while. When I woke up a short while later, I remembered the homophobic comments that my cousin had made, and I trembled at the thought of it.

When there was a light knock on the door, and Mitchell’s voice called out to him, so I climbed out of bed and unlocked the door, to allow him inside. Seeing how upset his friend is, Mitchell wrapped his arms around me, and I began to cry again.

Once I had calmed down, I told Mitchell what had happened in the executive suite, where my cousin is going to be staying, and stated that I didn’t want to be on the vessel anymore, well at least while Wallace is onboard. “How about we see if we can get you off, and get you back home, to Australia, then you can stay in my little cottage in the Perth hills” Mitchell suggested.

“That sounds great, but how am I going to do that, its’ not as if I have a lot of money” I replied, “Ok, I will loan you some, to cover your transport costs from here in Rio, back home to Perth. There is a spare key hidden in the hollow of a ceramic budda that is in the front garden, make yourself at home, use the car if you need to and I will see you when I get back from the Falklands in just over two weeks” Mitchell suggested.

For the next half an hour, Mitchell and I planned what we needed to do. Mitchell would go to the suite and collect all my luggage, which had mostly been left in a stack just inside the door, and I used his mobile and Mitchell’s credit card to book a flight from Rio to London, and then to Perth, which was the cheapest way.

Mitchell also organised and brought up a meal for me, so I could eat before leaving. We decided that soon after the cadets, parents and teachers from the school arrive, and are getting organised, would be the best time to leave without being noticed.

Shortly after 3pm, the school group arrived, and amongst all the chaos, I slipped off the vessel, and was soon in the terminal, where I had to go through customs and passport control, before I could slip away into the crowds of Rio de Janeiro.

Sending a text to Mitchell to let him know that I was heading to a taxi stand to get to the airport, Mitchell soon returned the text to say that so far, no one has noticed me missing. I told my friend that I had left a letter addressed to his uncle, and I asked for it to be delivered to his uncle in a few days, when they are well out to sea and down the coast.

I had to wait 6 ½ hours before my flight was due to leave Rio, and so once I had checked in my luggage and collected my ticket, I settled down in the boarding lounge with a book to pass the time. When I was about to board the plane, I sent another text message to Mitchell, unsure if he would receive it, since they were probably too far out to sea.

“Boarding flight to London now, due to arrive there at 1300 hours tomorrow, see you when you get back to Perth, and thanks heaps for doing this for me, Trent”, and surprisingly I received a reply.

“We are stopping off at Sao Paulo, as one of the parents has to return home urgently, the captain has asked me if I have seen you, and I let him know that you were sick, and staying confined to your cabin, at least till tomorrow lunch time, safe travels, Mitch”.

I smiled as I read the message, before switching off the phone and heading for the boarding gate, to board the plane. With a 11-hour non-stop flight to London, and a 20-hour flight to Perth via Singapore, I was tired and exhausted by the time that I had arrived in Perth and passed through customs.

All I wanted to do was find a bed and get some sleep, so I found a motel near to the airport, and checked in, and went straight to sleep, after laying down. When I woke up the next morning, it took him a few minutes to remember where I was, and after a quick shower, I checked out of the motel and called a taxi, to take meto the suburb of Darlington, in the Perth hills.

The 30-minute taxi ride cost me nearly $70, but it was better than relying on public transport, which would have taken a few hours to complete the trip. The cottage was set well back from the street, about twelveblocks back from the main highway, there was plenty of trees and shrubs on the large block of land, which hides most the cottage from the street.

The property is on a sloping block, about half way up the steep street, just over one kilometre from the centre of the township of Darlington, and 3.5 kilometres from the main highway. I managed to easily locatethe little buddha, where the key was hidden, and I let myself in. The house had been closed for a while, but it was clean and tidy, which is all I needed.

I spent a good hour looking around the house and property, which was a good 2.5 acres in size, which is rare in this area. The fridge was open and switched off when I arrived, so I closed the door and turned on the power, and while it was cooling down I continued looking around.

There is three bedrooms in total, all thou one has been made into a study, and in one of the cupboards in the study I found a key rack, with half a dozen sets of keys. House spare, Car, Shed & Garage were the only keys that had tags on them, and I grabbed the spare house keys, garage keys and car keys, before heading outside to look in the garage.

Inside, I found a Landrover Defender, which surprised me a little, and I unlocked the vehicle and climbed in, and I was pleased that it started up easily, and that it had over half a tank of fuel, so I started it up and let it run for a few minutes, while I quickly raced back, grabbed my wallet and locked up the house, before driving into the village to get some food supplies.

When I found no food shops there, just a café and a few small shops including a hair dresser, I called into the post office to make some enquiries, where I was directed to go to either Midland, which is 11 kilometres down the highway, or I could go to the small IGA store in neighbouring Glen Forrest, which is just 4.5 kilometres away.

Once I had completed some food shopping at the Glen Forrest store, I relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. I knew that the vessel would take at least 5 days to reach Port Stanley in the Falklands, from Sao Paulo, so it would be another 2 days at least before a get a call from my uncle or father, and I planned to use that time to have some free time to myself, with no one to disturb me.

When I woke the next morning, listening to the sounds of birds singing outside, with very little other sounds around, it took me a few moments to remember where I was. I looked around the spare room of the cottage, which looked like it had last been decorated in the 1970’s, but it was nicely furnished, and the bed was very comfortable.

I went to have a shower, only to discover that there was no hot water, so getting dressed I went looking for the hot water system, which was outside the bathroom, and nearby outside the kitchen are two large gas bottles. I gave one a shake, and it felt like it was empty, but the other one was full, so locating the switch, I flicked it over, and heard a hissing noise.

Back inside I went to the kitchen and let the hot water tap run for a while until I had hot water, once it washot, I went for a hot shower, and changed into some fresh clothes. In the shed, I found a spade, rake, secateurs, garden fork a wheel burrow and gloves, and I set off to work, to get the garden back into order, pulling out all the weeds out of the rose garden, then pruning the roses.

By the middle of the day, I had managed to remove many weeds, and prune the roses, so they were not so wild, and pruned a few shrubs to tidy them up. I created a large pile of green waste, just inside the gate of the cleared area in the lower garden, which I will leave Mitchell to decide what to do with it all, and after putting everything away and locking up the shed, before heading inside for some lunch.

As I sat down to eat, my mobile rang, which made me jump, and the caller ID said unknown number, I was debating on whether to answer it or not, and eventually I pressed the accept button and listened. “Trent, this is your father speaking, what is going on? Why have you left the vessel and where on earth are you?” came the voice of the man I hardly knew.

“Hello father, I left because your nephew is a homophobic bastard, and I will not put up with his attitude, and I am in Perth, I arrived here yesterday and I am taking some time to myself for a while” I answered, “Oh, I didn’t know about Wallace being homophobic, and I am sorry that he feels that way.

I will have a chat with your uncle and find out the full story, all I have heard so far is that you left the vessel in Rio, soon after the school group arrived, and that is all. Are you ok, do you need any money, I can send some to you if you like” Hamysh responded.

“I am fine for now thanks father, it was my decision to leave the vessel, so let’s end this discussion for now” I said, “Very well, take care and I will talk to you soon, goodbye” Hamysh said and he ended the call.

After lunch, I cleared up the kitchen, and sat in the lounge room, which had no television, just a bookshelf and a display cabinet, the lounge suite and chair, and a wonderful view out the front window, as I thought about what I could do for the next two weeks, till Mitchell gets back to Perth.

Later in the day, I headed back out into the garden and continued with cleaning up the garden, adding more green waste to the growing pile. By the time it came to be finishing for the day, due to the lack of daylight, I packed everything away, and headed inside and decided to have a long hot bath to soak my aching muscles.

Copyright October 2018 All Rights are a Reserved
  • Like 15
  • Love 10
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This is becoming a great story, it’s to bad that Wallace turns out to be a homophobic jerk and he really upset Trenton to the point that he left the Aquaria and went to stay at Mitchell’s house until he gets back from the Falklands as he is helping with the school cadets during the two weeks they’re on board the sub. Since arriving in Perth Trenton has kept busy by first going to get some food then working in the yard getting the roses 🌹 pruned and the beds cleaned out. On the second day he was in Perth he had a call from Hamysh his father. Hamysh asked what was going on and that he had heard that he had left the ship and no one knew where he was. Trenton told Hamysh the reason he left was that his nephew is a homophobic jerk and he was in Perth and he was taking some time just for himself, he was fine and that he didn’t want any money from Hamysh and that he had enough for now. Hamysh said that he would speak with the captain about Wallace’s statements and his actions and try to get the whole story then they would speak again. 

  • Like 2
  • Wow 2
Link to comment

Sad to see that homophobic idiots are never far away. Very interesting chapter. Thank you for fixing the problem. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

The episode concerning Wallace the Wallypus came as a complete and total shock to me. It literally made me jump and left me in shock at what happened between Trenton and Wallace. Wallace should have been trounced by Trenton in so many ways and hauled  before his parents for discipline and removal. Maybe he should have been keel hauled to punish his behaviour.

    Am greatly looking forward to future chapters and installments of this story.

Edited by Bushman60
  • Like 2
Link to comment

 Thou: is a form of personal address and is pronounced 'thow'. the word you are looking for is 'though' 

  I agree totally with the negative reactions expressed above, Homophobes like Wallace are the worst examples of human nature, but there are many of them in the world. Most are victims themselves of the extreme homophobia of religious freaks. They misinterpret the sexual rules in the Bible that have been so mistranslated over the years as to be meaningless. Those portions of the Bible which forbid MM sex are based on the desire of the early Jews to increase their numbers by breeding. Some opposite interpretations of the Bible, especially the New Testament, hint that Jesus even had a loving arrangement with young John. That is certainly possible as Jesus supposedly never married in a society where, for a man to reach his thirties and still be unmarried, was nearly unheard of.

  • Wow 2
Link to comment

I just finished another story by Quokka that featured another main character who just seemed to tuck his head down and run every time he encountered trouble.  Is this a regular part of Quokka's stories?

In Australia, do senior staff and officers just ignore when someone decides to simply leave their post and take off - not showing up to do their job without any communication with their superiors?  It sure doesn't work that way in my country.  If a person doesn't show up and has no communication with their employer, it is grounds for likely dismissal - most certainly reprimand.  I get that Trent is the son of the major owner of The R!  

Shame on him!  Yes, Wallace is an ass!  But Trent is a Senior Science Officer and former military man.  He should have shoved Wallace back and called the Captain to the room to explain what the Captain's son had just done.  Given the Captain (and his wife's) attitude toward Trent, I don't think they would have been happy with their 19-year-old son!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..