Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 1,440 Words
  • 997 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Deep Space New World - 3. DSNW Chapter 3

Meanwhile their spacecraft and everything within it, will be confiscated to cover costs of rescuing the astronauts costs of housing and feeding them while in isolation and transporting them back to Earth.

As expected, I received a short message back from the Ambassador, “Not happy about losing their space craft, but they will accept the loss, as long as they get the astronauts back to Earth safely and in good health.” I smiled on reading this message, and I relayed the message to Ganymede.

A few days later, the space craft was transported back to the capital, were it was taken to the maintenance workshops, and one of the first things that was done, was to remove the insignia of Chinese and Russian Space agencies, before work began on stripping down the space craft bare, until all that was remaining was the shell of the craft, with its three levels inside.

All of the electronics, data storage units, computers where packed carefully into crates and would be shipped back to Earth and returned to the Chinese and Russian Space agencies, while the rather large internal walls were removed, so as to have just the outer shell, with its three levels.

Once all of this was done, the designers got to work designing a new use for the space craft, which is similar in shape as the Space Cruiser, but it only had three levels instead of ten levels that the space cruiser has. While the designing was in progress, work began to strengthen the hull of the space craft, with Sahndrol metals that are lighter and much stronger than what is used to build space crafts on Earth.

After some consultation with myself as well as with my Uncle, it was decided to use the Earth Space Craft as an addition to the Scorpion Space Station orbiting Mars, allowing for additional work space for those working on the space station, and so with that decided, work began on designing work spaces on all three levels.

While this was happening, I received a message from my parents, requesting that I come home to Bermuda for a short break, as they felt that I was working too hard, not just on my studies, but also with my work for the Empire, as my uncles apprentice so to speak.

Pleased with the progress with the new project on Mars, I made preparations to make the short trip back to Earth onboard the Star Voyager, along with my protector Isaac, who has been with me on all my travels but kept in the background but close by, in case I was needed.

I would also be taking the crates of parts of the shuttle with me, where they would be delivered to the airport at Bermuda, with them been addressed to the Russian and Chinese Space agencies.

When the Star Voyager landed at the space terminal on Bermuda, the family cruiser was there waiting for me, to transport me across the bay to home, and when I stepped onto the cruiser, I was suddenly wrapped in a tight hug from my brother Sam, and I laughed at his enthusiasm, as I returned the hug.

“Hey little Bro, it is great to see you again,” I said to Sam, as we headed inside, while Isaac brought our luggage onboard and the crew of the cruiser set off for the short trip across the bay, where I found both of my parents waiting for my arrival.

Once again, I was wrapped in a tight hug, and welcomed home, and Isaac was welcomed back to Bermuda, as we headed up to the house, which I hadn’t seen for quite some months now, and it felt great to be back again. “So, I hear that you had some involvement with the incident on Mars with the Chines and Russian Space Craft,” Dad said to me as we sat down in the lounge room.

“Yes, you could say that, if they knew what has happened to their confiscated Space Craft, they would not be very impressed, but they shouldn’t complain too much, as I ordered for the spacecraft to be stripped bare and everything inside to be crated and sent back to Earth, which is what is been unloaded as we speak,” I replied to my parents.

“What about the rest of it? Do you have any plans for it, or is it just going to be scrapped?” Mum asked me, and I laughed. “No, once the shell had been strengthened with some Sahndrol metal, we had some discussions on what to do with it, and finally it was decided to turn it into additional work space on the Scorpion,” I responded.

“Well, that is not what I expected, but I like that it is been put to good use, well done on that. Does your uncle know about it?’ Mum asked me, “Yes Mum, he has been kept in the loop the whole time, from the moment that we decided to set off to rescue the astronauts from their crashed space craft,” I replied.

For the next few weeks, I continued with my studies, and occasionally had a video conference with my Uncle and the High Council, discussing a proposal that I had suggested, which eventually was agreed on by all members of the Sahndrol High Council.

For the rest of the time, I enjoyed been a teenager again, relaxing in the wonderful surrounds of Bermuda, and being with my family and my now good mate Isaac, with most people of Bermuda unaware that there was Space Royalty living on the island.

I was relaxing by the pool one afternoon, when a speed boat came towards our home at a very fast pace, and Isaac to get up quick and head into the house, where the house was put into lockdown. “My Lord, it is all clear, the New Zealand Ambassador is here and wishes to speak to you urgently, and he apologies for the security scare,” Isaac said over the communications radio.

Heading outside cautiously along with Mum at my side, we headed down to the jetty, where the speed boat was secured next to our own cruiser, and where Isaac and the two Sahndrol security officers are standing guard. “Ambassador, in future, can you please notify us if you need to see my son urgently, we don’t want to be the case of a misunderstanding,” my Mum said indicating towards the two security officers.

“I understand Serine Highness, I will remember that in future. Now sir, I need your attendance at the UN Security Council Conference, which is starting in less than an hour, it appears that there has been a new development, that you and the Sahndrol High Council should be made aware of,” the Ambassador stated.

“Very well, give me ten minutes and I will be on my way and I will meet you over there,” I replied, before turning and returning to the house, where I quickly showered and dressed in a fresh suit, which included the Sahndrol Royal Emblem and sash.

Isaac had also changed and was waiting for me when I appeared in the lounge room, ready to go. “I have been in contact with your Uncle, he is expecting a briefing as soon as you are done over there,” Mum informed me, and I nodded my head in understanding, gave her a quick hug and set off towards the jetty, with Isaac always close by.

I was greeted by the Ambassador, as I stepped off the cruiser, with Isaac close on my heals, and we made our way to the Security Council Chambers. “The Chair of the Security Council has been notified of your pending arrival at the request of the New Zealand, Canadian and British Governments,” the Ambassador said to me as we walked briskly down the wide carpeted corridor.

“Do you know exactly what is been announced that requires me to be here?” I asked, “Yes, and there has been rumours for a month or so about it, but nothing has been confirmed, but I suspect that it is all about to change this afternoon,” the Ambassador replied.

After waiting briefly at the main door into the UN Security Council Chamber, the doors were opened, and I was formally introduced to the Council. “Members of the Security Council, Ladies and Gentlemen, Presenting Lord Maenyl Lenegan, Crown Prince of Sahndrol”.

Much to my surprise, many of the members of the Security Council stood up and gave a bow or curtsied, as I was lead to the front of the chamber, while Isaac remained just inside the door.

Copyright June 2022 All Rights are Reserved, Preston Wigglesworth
  • Like 11
  • Love 12
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great re use of the Chinese/Russian spacecraft.

After a great holiday with his family in Bermuda. The Crown Prince is summoned to the UN, without any notice of what is about to happen.

Is the Crown Prince going to get good or bad news at the UN and why it so important that he be there.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Well now...more intrigue, if it were me, I'd have kept the contents of the space craft until I was positive there was nothing harmful to discern...then charge 'em freight costs for the return!!!

  • Love 4
Link to comment
10 hours ago, scrubber6620 said:

I am surprised there was no intelligence assessment from the other side's space craft.

The reuse of the space craft for the Mar's orbiting space station's needs seems wise and economical.

The urgent request at the last moment for the crown prince to attend the security council was not backed up with a cogent reason. This information gap is not professional or respectful to him. He was gracious to attend, nevertheless.

Now we will find out in the next chapter what was so important.

We do not know if the craft was fully assessed or not.  But the URP and Sahndrol tend to be rather thorough in these matters.  I'm sure @quokka will reveal what we need to know on that.

10 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great re use of the Chinese/Russian spacecraft.

After a great holiday with his family in Bermuda. The Crown Prince is summoned to the UN, without any notice of what is about to happen.

Is the Crown Prince going to get good or bad news at the UN and why it so important that he be there.

I'm looking forward to those answers also.

8 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Well now...more intrigue, if it were me, I'd have kept the contents of the space craft until I was positive there was nothing harmful to discern...then charge 'em freight costs for the return!!!

Great idea, @drsawzall, on the freight charges.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

And what fresh hell has the Security Council come up with now...  Would have thought that the Ambassador from New Zeeland would have been smarter about heading to the residence in that manner, lucky he was not intercepted.  

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..