Jump to content
    quokka
  • Author
  • 542 Words
  • 827 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Grantly - 12. Grant Epilogue

I ended up skipping the first day back at school due to the bad case of jetlag from all the travelling I had done in the past week, and William and Jordan bombarded me with text messages all day, which I didn’t see until I woke up and showered sometime after lunch. When I knew that school was over for the day, I sent a message to both of them.

“Sorry, I had bad jetlag, and I needed to catch up on some sleep. How was the first day of the school term? Any interesting happen that I missed?” I texted to both of them. “Lol, yes you did. William was caught sleeping in three classes today, looks like he has a bad case of JL too, and his father is not too pleased about it either. See you tomorrow mate,” Jordan texted back to me.

Over the next few days, I settled back into a routine of attending school, sports matches, and hanging out with my two good mates, William and Jordan, with the latter complaining that he had the most boring holiday ever without us being there with him, and although he insisted on knowing what we did while in Australia, I could see that he was jealous as hell for missing out on a trip to Australia.

Over the next few weeks, Dad and I had a few telephone conversations with Mum, and it was agreed to let me remain on the Isle of Man, and that I would travel to Northern Australia twice a year, during the three-week autumn holidays over Christmas, and four of the eight weeks of the summer holidays in July, which is the Dry season where Mum is now.

I sent a text message to Nicholas and Simon, to let them know of the decision, and that I look forward to catching up with them again in July, which fits in with the three-week mid-year Winter holidays in Northern Australia, even if it is just over six months away.

With it being winter time in the Northern Hemisphere, I was now spending a lot more time indoors which included in our stables and large undercover arena, where I now have a horse to care for, which happens to be an Australian Quarterhorse breed, that I named Tassis, after the state where I lived, and in winter time on the Isle of Man is mostly regular rainfall, with rare periods of snow.

The trimaran - Stormy Dolphin was now in dry dock for the winter season, with some maintenance happening while out of the water, while the Motor Yacht – Crazy Lobster was also in dry dock at shipyards in La Ciotat, just south-east of Marseille, France, with both crews on paid holidays.

Although it was awesome being able to travel a lot, with Dad taking me to Europe during the other holidays, I guess I am spoilt a lot with having two homes, one on the Isle of Man in the Irish Sea, and one in Darwin in northern Australia, both greatly different from each other in many ways, but that is why I love being at both locations so much, especially with two sets of great friends to spend time with.

The End
Copyright Nov 2023... All Rights are Reserved, Preston Wigglesworth
  • Like 10
  • Love 19
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nice conclusion to this story Preston, although you left the door open just a smidge for an offshoot story to appear in the future.

Perhaps Seb, William, Nicholas and Simon reconnect for a gap year of cruising, under sail or MY? Perhaps Mum or Dad (more likely Dad) fails to return from a business trip in time, and Seb has to go searching?

A tale that springs from baron ground that Fordells, I mean foretells, the future. (Okay that may be overreaching, but you have to admit you did leave some loose ends and some heirs apparently on IoM and Channel islands). 

You never know what may grow from seeds planted (in the imagination of an author).

Thank you @quokka

 

 

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..