Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 463 Words
  • 1,820 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I've Always Loved You - 22. I Had To Do This!!

Thank you, my friends. I'm just letting you know, I'm much, much better! I was able to let Daniel go. I love him just as much as I always have. I cherish the time we had. Things just got clearer for me. Can someone else take the drama? Suffering makes you a better writer? It doesn't improve the spelling. :hug:
 

Picture it. (Said like Sophia Petrillo does from the Golden Girls; Daniel’s favorite show and required viewing. Required. Daily. He is Italian! Commit dialog to memory.) The sun is setting and the sky has a small amount of light and is this dark orange color. A single silhouette of a man can be seen standing, one leg up as it leans on a railed fence as he just…looks. The Pacific below somewhere but not seen now, but that isn’t important. Santa Monica! If you’ve never been there; I have. You will have been there too after this. At the end of Wilshire Boulevard there was a sidewalk that runs between Ocean Avenue and Palisades Beach Road. Santa Monica State Beach below and the breeze there…is paradise.

The song sung by the Corrs begins, “Go on…go on…leave me breathless…come on.”

Another male silhouette approaches the first one. “The daylight’s fading slowly, but time with you is standing still…” The first man turns, you can’t see their faces, but the first man was surprised, but quietly very pleased the second man had arrived. Clearly a decision has been made and the struggle to get there has been resolved. What happen? What was the struggle? That’s the story!!

“I’m waiting for you only; the slightest touch and I feel weak.” Now they are face to face and the tall man leans in an kisses the shorter original man gently on the lips. Love. Passion? You bet. Excitement? That’s there, too. I love the slowly building volcanic explosion that builds quietly and you know…you KNOW it’s there. You can see it and practically hear it!!

“I cannot lie, from you I cannot hide. And I’m losing will to try, Can’t hide it! Can’t fight it!” The arms of the first man encircles the second and the kiss intensifies and the sky darkens. (Listen to the song!! Replay the scene I gave you and feel that warm feeling just spread inside you and enjoy it! It feels great!!)

Now, to get you from that fence and take you on a trip for how you got there. That’s the story!! The story within a story…you know I do that.

Mental health is very fragile. Coping skills are learned and honed with time. Did I forget how to write!? Temporarily, I did. Five years!! The illness and the death tore me apart! No more. My muse hit me with a big “Duh!” I plugged in my tunes, and I have certain music for certain moods. See the scene in my head that invokes an emotion wanted and work out how I get you there so you see, feel and experience it, too! It came back just as strong as before! Duh! I got lost. I’m not lost now!!

Copyright © 2016 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 6
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 3/22/2024 at 2:26 PM, Doha said:

Valentines Day Love GIF by Digital Pratik

Thank you very much. This is one of the biggest reasons I write. More coming, I swear!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..