Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Camp Lore - 14. Chapter 14

The next time Andy hit on me was the middle of the second week.

“You looked great on the raft today,” he said. “Where’d you learn to dive?”

He wasn’t talking about my swimming, and we both knew it.

“My mom taught me,” I answered, casually.

“You never trained? Could’ve fooled me.”

I’m sure he was imagining me in briefs.

“Nah. I thought I told you – my sports are soccer, wrestling, and track. I goof off summers when we go to Vermont.”

“Isn’t there’s a lake?”

“Sure. Gotta have one for a summer house.”

“Don’t you swim in that?”

“Among other things.”

“At night?”

“Sometimes. When it’s still hot.”

“Spur of the moment?”

“Sometimes.”

“You ever get caught?”

I knew where he was going but didn’t want to let him – yet.

“There’s no rule against it,” I said. “There’s never a lifeguard. So the parents have to watch out for their kids – or their sisters and brothers do.”

“That’s not what I meant.”

At the same time, I didn’t want to lose him. So I smiled and said, “Yeah, sometimes it’s a pain to go back for our suits.”

“Can’t be too far.”

I held my thumb and forefinger a couple inches apart. We both looked at them and laughed.

“Girls and boys?” he asked

“Almost always. But nothing really happens. There are too many of us.”

I wondered how much to give him.

“When some of the older guys and girls have more than swimming in mind,” I allowed, “they wander further around the lake.”

“You’re too young?”.

“Yeah. I never have.”

“Never?”

“Nope.”

And I reached under my T-shirt and absently scratched my stomach.

“It’s too much risk,” I went on, both hands soon above the table. “My parents are too near by. And my friends – my summer friends. We hardly see each other otherwise.

“Guys?”

“I told you – mixed.”

“Any... interesting?”

Meaning “hot.” He was easy to read.

“Always.”

He took that in.

“Anyone in particular?”

I laughed.

“Not someone I’d ever get anywhere with.”

“Why?”

I toyed with him.

“He’s one of my dads’ friends.”

He loved that.

“So you go that way.”

He was too openly digging.

“You would, too, if you saw him – even if you didn’t go that way. He’s simply a good looking guy who keeps himself in shape and isn’t afraid to hide it.”

“Showing off?”

“I don’t think so. It’s summer at the lake. People don’t wear a lot of clothes.”

He thought for a moment.

“You think your dad’s hot?”

I laughed, suddenly, and a bit too loud – ‘cause one of the girls at the next table looked at me.

“A joke I’ll tell you later,” I said, smiling at her. “Once I clean it up.”

She grinned and went back to her talking. And I turned to Andy.

“I definitely don’t go that way,” I assured him.

“I knew you didn’t.”

He smiled and rubbed the center of his chest – on top of his T-shirt – with the side of his hand.

“Anyway, I’ve never heard of this guy messing around on his wife. And everyone knows everything at the lake. So I don’t think he’s trying to prove something.”

He considered this.

“Anyone you would like to get involved with? At the lake? Anyone accessible?”

I smiled.

“Yeah – but you don’t want to hear.”

“You know I like to hear everything.”

I nodded. “Still...”

He waited.

“Come on, Rob...”

I shrugged.

“It’s not a guy.”

“I’m not uninterested in women... “If they’re interesting enough.”

“She definitely is.”

“How?”

“Let’s just say that... if she were a guy... and she were here... you wouldn’t be bothering with me.”

“You underestimate yourself.”

“I know what she’s like.”

“And you don’t think you could hold my attention?”

“Not if things were reversed. I’d go that way. So why wouldn’t you?”

I think that cooled him just a bit too much. I had to slip back in.

“Too much truth?” I asked him.

“Nah – I was just thinking of something else – somewhere else. Far away from here.”

“We’re not exactly in the desert.”

“Nah – too many guys around. But they’re all younger than I’m used to. And I was stupidly comparing.”

I waited. Then I still had to ask.

“What are you used to?”

He seemed to think.

“Another time.”

“Fair,” I admitted. Then – smiling – “But what if I’m really curious?”

He looked straight at me.

“Take your shirt off – right now – and I’ll tell you.”

I reached for the bottom of my shirt, while we continued to look at each other. Then I stopped.

“I knew you couldn’t do it,” he said, laughing.

“It’s the wrong place.”

“What’s the right one?”

I glanced around, stalling.

“Not here.”

“Where?”

“Don’t push.”

“I’m joking.”

“I know that. But stop.”

He hesitated.

“I’m beginning to thing you’re not really interested.”

“You know that’s wrong. I’m just not comfortable yet.”

“With me?”

“With the whole place.”

He accepted that.

“Have you seen Nate again?” I asked, after a moment.

“Now you’re prying.”

“Because you like telling me.”

He laughed.

“Nah. He’s found other friends.”

“Girls?”

“Probably.”

“Too bad for you.”

He shrugged. “He’ll be back.”

“And?”

“It depends.”

I considered.

“You keep a lot of balls in the air.”

We just stared at each other. Seeing who’d crack first.

He smiled. Then laughed.

“Good.”

Copyright © 2020 RichEisbrouch; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..