Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

For Ever Young

   (6 reviews)
Sub-genres: Contemporary Literary
66b46a10-92bd-412d-b995-5d33e3bca794.jpg

We all have secrets, things we sometimes can't even admit to ourselves. What happens when we give in to them...

All the usual warnings apply here...
Copyright © 2024; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (8 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 7
  • Characters 8
  • Chills 2
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 8
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 7
  • Unique 3
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 3,952 Words
    • 1,085 Views
    • 23 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Headstall

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Authors tell stories in different ways, and this is well told. We are taken on a journey here, characters revealed quite clearly. There was sadness for sure, but the author prepares us for it. I think there is much to be found in this offering, so I strongly suggest you read it. Cheers!

Response from the author:

Thank you for your generous review, it is deeply appreciated!!!!

  • Love 5
Link to review
Bill W

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A compelling yet sad story about a James Dean like figure named Carver, who seemed to have been born with everything - looks, brains, and talent.  He also knew he could always count on his childhood friend, even when he was at his lowest point.   Their friendship lasted throughout Carver's short and tragic life and I'd recommend "Forever Young" to anyone who was looking for a touching, yet sad, story.    

Response from the author:

Thanks Bill, I greatly appreciate your review!!

  • Love 5
Link to review
Cane23

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Some stories give the answers, some rise the questions. This is one of those story that brings some profound questions of life.

In a life long friendship, whith all ups and downs, remains dilemma of choices we make. What is the price of succes and what is the purpose of wealth if it is not shared with love of our life? What is a happy, fulfilled life?

This great story will make you think about all above mentioned questions and, maybe, help you make the right choices in your own life.

Response from the author:

I really appreciate your review, thank you!!!

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
Mancunian

   4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

This is a beautifully written, hard-hitting story of life, one which follows a very close friendship from birth to death. It leaves me wondering, was Carver always looking for that something more that we all crave? And not realising that he always had it with his friend, the unnamed narrator. This is a very well-written, moving story that I couldn't fail to love and happily recommend to all.

Response from the author:

Your review is greatly appreciated and my humblest thanks!!!

  • Love 6
Link to review
chris191070

   4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

Two young men whose friendship lasted from school to adulthood, even when they drifted apart.

A hard hitting tale of a young man who finds fame, fortune and all of the complexities that go with it.

A story that must be read, but keep tissues handy.

Thanks Secret Author for such a great piece of writing.

Response from the author:

I appreciate your comments and review!!!

  • Love 6
Link to review
Gary L

   4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

A rather compelling (and condensed) tale of the relationship between two friends from school and into adulthood- a friendship that waxed and waned until the end.

Much ground is covered in a short number of words, but the complexities of the personality of the “famous” friend are nicely developed, as are the feelings of the bystander narrator.  
 

A good entry to the competition.  

Response from the author:

Thank you for your kind comments and review!!

  • Love 6
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..