Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Complications - 12. Chapter 12

Epilogue

 

After six quick months of planning, the wedding day arrived. It was a glorious day in October and perfect weather, not a cloud in the sky.

Josh watched Greg adjust the bow-tie of the tuxedo in the mirror. His eyes started to mist as he realized just how lucky he was. He'd almost lost his man because of his stupidity. He'd never been so relieved when Glenn had forgiven him for his rashness. Glenn's accident had been a slap in the face for him, and he'd never let the man doubt that he loved him wholeheartedly ever again.

Josh smiled as Glenn turned to him and offered his arm. “Shall we?”

Glenn took the arm and heard the organ music play in the distance and kissed his fiancé’s arm. “Let’s go, my love.”

They opened the door and walked to the foyer of the lodge. Everyone stood and turned to view the happy couple. They walked slowly together up the aisle. Josh kept his arm around Glenn the entire time to express his affection.

Greg stood silently as he watched his best friend come up the aisle with his betrothed. He smiled at them as they arrived, and he hugged them both.

“So happy you’re here,” Josh whispered to him.

“Me too,” Glenn remarked.

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world. To be the best man for both of you? That’s truly special.”

After the reception was over, Josh carried him over the threshold to their shared home of Glenn’s apartment.

“Now our life begins. Together forever,” Josh whispered in his ear.

“Forever,” Glenn echoed.

They kissed a few times and faced the minister. Ten minutes later they became newlyweds.

SLD 2018
  • Like 9
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A little quick ending...so now I need to compile your feedback.  1. Should I list the other version of this story OR should I draw out so maybe Glenn isn't as easy to win back?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Good ending.  I like that you ended the story here.  Though it wasn't long and some of us (myself included) have been critical of Josh I think many of us have experienced the same emotions in the past.  Falling in love with someone who was not attainable because they were already in a committed relationship or straight brings up all kinds of emotions in us and we don't think rationally.  The "rejection" is hard to deal with.

 

Thanks, Stephanie

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great story, and i think the ending was right. Adding to the story by making the "reunification" longer with added drama, would imho, have just seemed like padding. 

The only complication would have been for Greg to come out, Josh think that all his summers have come at once, but having tasted the fruit, realise that Glenn was his true love. Improbable, and probably not an improvement on what you have already.

Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Terry P said:

Good ending.  I like that you ended the story here.  Though it wasn't long and some of us (myself included) have been critical of Josh I think many of us have experienced the same emotions in the past.  Falling in love with someone who was not attainable because they were already in a committed relationship or straight brings up all kinds of emotions in us and we don't think rationally.  The "rejection" is hard to deal with.

 

Thanks, Stephanie

IThank you, Terry! 

Link to comment

i loved this version. as for Glenn "giving in" i think he knew Josh better than Josh did. it happens. if i read another version, this one would be come less than the great story it is. i'd rather have  more to this one as their life goes on. :)

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Thank you to everyone who helped me shake out the dust from this story. Written so long ago, I wasn't sure if modern eyes would go for it...but all good.

 

Next for this beauty is the pages of Amazon. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I like the pacing and writing in this version.  I don't really get wanting to put out two versions of the same work; you were not happy with how you did this?  I agree that Glenn was a little quick to forgive; but he did come through a major trauma and Josh was there for him through it all.  I don't know, it seems to cheapen the original story when a different version is put out or major changes are made, at least to me.  But as the writer you need to do what you feel is best, in the end none of us have to agree with it.

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, centexhairysub said:

I like the pacing and writing in this version.  I don't really get wanting to put out two versions of the same work; you were not happy with how you did this?  I agree that Glenn was a little quick to forgive; but he did come through a major trauma and Josh was there for him through it all.  I don't know, it seems to cheapen the original story when a different version is put out or major changes are made, at least to me.  But as the writer you need to do what you feel is best, in the end none of us have to agree with it.

Thank you and I am not planning on two versions, just one. I was curious about feedback of one vs. the other...which a few of you have given me :)  I plan on polishing this up a bit more and then putting it out there for the world :) I have a swanky cover I designed myself all set to go.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..