Jump to content
    Tallguyct
  • Author
  • 922 Words
  • 493 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost Letters / Lost Love - 9. Chapter 9 Happily Ever After 

Readers: There have been some comments questioning the reason for the lost letters. In Chapter 7 the following exchange took place between the two at the sports banquet:

As dessert was being served, Gary turned to Kevin and quietly asked, “Why did you not write back to me? I eventually assumed that you were too busy with your friends at UConn to remember me.”

Kevin was dumbfounded as he had the same question. “I did, and you never replied. I assumed you were ashamed about our intimate activities and had moved on.”

In the fall of 1975. Gary wrote to Keven. Keven replied. That letter arrived shortly after Gary completed basic training. He was given a temporary assignment at a different army base and then soon after sent to Camp Fort Bragg in North Carolina. The letter was lost as it was forwarded from army base to army base.

Why didn’t each send a second letter? Gary assumed Keven was too busy with his friends at UConn to remember him and Keven assumed Gary was ashamed about their intimate activities and had moved on.

Unfortunately, it was just a case of a lost letter followed by incorrect assumptions.

…………………………………………

The story continues:

When Kevin told Gary he had a skype date with his Polish friend on Sunday, Gary asked if he could join.

“Of course. Piotr will want to meet you. I had told him of our relationship forty years ago. After the reunion, we discussed my reaction to seeing you and how we had purposely ignored each other. He will certainly be interested in our discovering, at the sports banquet, that our separation had resulted from a misunderstanding over lost letters.”

Sunday afternoon, Kevin introduced Gary to Piotr. The Pole was surprised to meet the man he had heard so much about. For forty minutes, the three discussed the events since the reconnection at the sports banquet. The two men in the USA had beers as Piotr drank his Zywiec Polish beer.

Piotr then suggested, “Now that I have seen your friend’s smiling face, I would like to see all.”

There was no hesitancy as all stripped. They had an enjoyable twenty minutes of jerking and edging until all came together.

Gary thanked Piotr for being a friend to his love and stated that he hoped the three would continue their friendship, both verbally and erotically. As Piotr played with his now half hard, still dripping uncut European cock, he gladly accepted Gary’s request. A conversation/play meeting was scheduled for the following Sunday.

Monday morning, Kevin called his office in Boston and told his administrative assistant he had been delayed in Hartford and asked her to reschedule his appointments for that day. He also requested that she leave Friday afternoon open. Gary did a quick trip to his office and returned by mid-morning. The two enjoyed being together the remainder of the day. They drove to the Connecticut shore and took a long walk on the beach at Hammonasset State Park on Long Island Sound. Following an early dinner at the historic Griswold Inn in Essex, a quaint Connecticut River town, they returned to Gary’s for an evening and night of passion. Early Tuesday morning, Kevin reluctantly departed for home near Boston. Every evening that week they skyped for at least an hour of conversation and virtual sex. On Thursday, Kevin introduced Gary to Doug in Canada. Gary found him to be as charming as Piotr in Poland. As each had beers in their homes in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Saskatchewan, Canada, they talked, and then finished the evening with a vigorous, eye-catching jerk-off session. All three men were soon drifting off to sleep with happy thoughts in their beds, miles apart.

The following Friday afternoon, Kevin drove directly to Long River from his office. Having cleared his Monday work session, the two had three days and four nights to continue making up for the lost forty years.

………………………………………. 

As a partner of the accounting firm, Kevin arranged his work schedule to keep most Mondays free. The weekends that he did not visit Gary in Long River, Gary would travel to Boston. The trips to Boston were more frequent during baseball season, as they attended numerous Red Sox games. Six months after their finding each other, Kevin sold his condo in Marlborough. He relocated to the firm’s office in Springfield, Massachusetts a forty minute commute from Gary’s home, which was now their home.

A year later, Kevin and Gary invited family and close friends to their wedding in the Episcopal Church in Long River (see note below). Most Dioceses of the Church had blessed same-sex unions beginning in 2015. The priest officiating at the service was a Lesbian with a wife. Kevin’s parents accepted the marriage with no reservations. Gary’s father (his mother had passed away three years earlier) was confused by the concept and begrudgingly attended. All their children and grandchildren were accepting of their relationship. Kevin’s son was there with his husband and two adopted children. The two honeymooned at the cottage on Eagle Lake.

The two men had met while in high school at age seventeen. A year later they made plans to be together after completing US Army service and university studies. Unfortunately, as result of miscommunication, they did not see each other until forty years later. Now, at the age of fifty-eight, the two had reconnected, married and began their lives together, hopefully for the next forty years or longer.

 

p> In the Episcopal Church, Bishops are elected (not appointed) following a process that requires the approval by two groups: one is a group of clergy and the other representatives of local parishes. In 2022, The Reverend Jeffrey Mello was elected Bishop of Connecticut. He, his husband and college-aged son moved to Connecticut. I am a parishioner of an Episcopal Church in Connecticut that has a Lesbian married priest. In The Episcopal Church, priests are hired by the parish they serve following interviews of numerous candidates. My parish welcomed the new priest and occasionally flies the rainbow flag. To find an Affirming Church of various denominations (churches that openly welcome all of God’s children, including the LGBT community) in your area, see the list of Affirming Churches world-wide at the site: gaychurch.org

 

Copyright © 2023 Tallguyct; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 5
A special thanks to my friend, pvtguy, for his thoughtful suggestions that clarify what I am attempting to say.  Also, I thank him for his careful review with resulting edits that make it appear I have mastered the English language. 
If you are enjoying this story, please take the time to like, comment, and follow it. Your feedback and comments are always welcome and help me develop this and future stories.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..