Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

It's Always Something - 12. Chapter 12

After their morning playtime, Cameron and Taylor showered, got dressed, and after a few more bouts of tickle-induced laughter and squeals, the Witch and wolf shifter shared a long, passionate kiss before going their separate ways. Taylor was needed to help fix the worn parts of fences around the Stormcloud property before they broke. Cameron went to the Dog & Butterfly, where the lunch crowd was in its usual rush as people dashed in and out, ordering the sustenance they needed to endure the rest of the work day.

Despite having a couple staff members call out due to sickness or some other reason, Cameron and his waitstaff were on point as they kept smiles on the customers' faces and their faces as they worked. The fact that the red-haired owner was not lazy and rarely went off on someone who didn't deserve to be chewed out went a long way to keep the staff motivated and wanting to perform at their best. The patrons also saw this and appreciated the uncompromising level of service they received. They, and some of the staff, were amazed watching the energetic owner make it look like it was nothing for him to one minute bus a table, then seemingly in a blink of an eye, he was behind the bar fixing a requested drink while taking down an order on the cordless phone. Just as everyone started to feel the effects of all the rushing and multitasking, the cavalry arrived when the O'Leary's showed up. The smiling trio took a quick look around and instantly jumped into action. Alvora went to the kitchen while Declan tended the bar, and in between waiting on seated and newly arriving hungry people, Fabien bussed tables. The teen also donned a cordless headset to answer incoming calls.

"Thanks, guys," Cameron said. "As always, my clan's where ya need them, at just the right time."

The redhead wiped his brow once everything calmed down and everyone could take a breather. He smiled and rewarded his employees for their hard work by handing them each twenty dollars from petty cash, which he would replenish after he could stop at the ATM. He tried to hand Fabien some cash, but his brother stared him down and adamantly refused to take money for doing what he was expected to. The scene made his family proud, and the employees who witnessed it chuckled in amusement. They loved it when Fabien could make his older brothers give in to him.

Declan crept over to the petty cash box, opened it, and placed two hundred dollars over what his son used. He turned and was face to face with his eldest son.

“Quite a lunch rush, eh, Cammer?”

"Dad, I didn't pay everyone so that you could replace what was taken," Cameron firmly said with his hands on his hips and quivering lips that were doing their damnedest not to break apart and let the rising giggles escape.

"What blarney yeh be spoutin' now, son," Declan said as he tried not to snicker. "I haven't the foggiest notion of what money yer speakin' of, now, be a good lad and get yer Dad a Pepsi on the rocks."

Cameron lost the battle and began giggling like a little kid. When he calmed down, he ran his fingers through his hair, looked at his parents, and said, "I'd like to take Ian out to Stormcloud property for some good old-fashioned magical brotherly bonding time and sparring fun."

Alvora and Declan smiled as they responded in unison, "Shouldn't ya be askin' yer brother?"

Despite his intention of responding maturely, Fabien's eyes widened as he whooped and hollered, then launched himself at his brother, forcing the older redhead to grunt, take a couple steps back, and quickly wrap his arms around him so he didn't fall. While being held, he remembered where he was. The almost seventeen-year-old looked around at the amused expressions, and his cheeks turned bright, rosy pink. He turned his head, buried his face in the comforting, muscular chest, and voiced his muffled reply. "Umm, I'd love to go, Cammer."

Everyone in the Dog & Butterfly chuckled before going about the rest of the day with a warm feeling and a smile from witnessing the loving, adorable scene. Alvora and Declan hugged and kissed their boys, then left to go home and work on something they were creating for Fabien.

Cameron and Fabien stayed in the embrace for a few more minutes before kissing each other's cheeks. After being released, Fabien continued to field phone calls, bus tables, take orders, and do some light cleaning as he and his brother waited for Axle King, a lion shifter, and the bartender/general manager to arrive for his shift.

*****

Ethan Stormcloud turned into Magic Manor's long paved driveway that weaved through a forest thick with trees and led up to the castle-like structure on top of the hill, overlooking the town. The entire property was twenty acres. The front lawn was decorated for each season, and during spring and summer, the grass was manicured and bright green, and on the edge were hundred-year-old trees and well-established shrubs. He parked his dark green 2020 Chevrolet Silverado in one of the unused spots lining the sidewalk that wasn't designated as handicapped.

The eighteen-year-old worked part-time as an assistant to the various magicians who performed at the establishment. Despite being around actual magick and various animal shifters, the raven-haired young man was intrigued by the performance of a truly gifted magician. Considering the place was gearing up for its hundredth year in business, the Stormcloud male was hardly in the minority. Surprisingly, the Magic Manor saw patronage from a high percentage of the supernatural community, which included the O'Leary's and Stormclouds, who also enjoyed a professional magic show. In fact, Cameron and Taylor even hosted a monthly weekend of performances by the local magicians and even some that were only at the Manor while traveling through town.

Once inside, Ethan walked along the majestic hallway with its floor-to-ceiling windows, imposing suits of armor lined the airy walkway, various weaponry and family crests were randomly placed along the reflective blue, gold, and silver shimmering fabric-coated walls, and the white and pink marble flooring. Along the way, the smiling teen waved at and hugged the other assistants and magicians as they passed. The brunette was among the most likable people there, and they all eagerly returned his energetic and not-a-care-in-the-world greeting. He'd almost reached the door that concealed a hidden staircase to the upper and lower levels of the building when he was suddenly tackled from the left side by a giggling male.

The young men wrestled and rolled around on the floor, trying to pin each other. Finally, Ethan was pinned on his back, face up, with the other guy straddling his blue jeans-clad waist and struggling to get free from his giggly assailant, a five-foot-ten, hundred-and-sixty-pound, nineteen-year-old, amateur magician with lime green streaks in his jet-black hair.

Alex Highland raised his arms in victory and smirked at his laughing challenger. "Ha! Got ya this time, Ether."

Ethan licked his lips. "Ya think so, Lex? You, of all people, should know things aren't always what they seem," he said. Taking advantage of having his arms free, he quickly launched a tickle attack on his captor's rib cage.

"Oh, shit."

The two-tone-haired male's laughter boomed through the spacious hallway. His body rolled off his former captive and curled into a wriggling ball. Ethan grinned, got to his feet, and extended his arm. He braced himself as his friend accepted the gesture and pulled himself off the floor. The pair smiled and shared a brotherly embrace as they continued giggling.

"You didn't hurt anything, did ya, Ether?" Alex asked as he smoothed out his black tank top and shiny blue satiny pants.

He chuckled, "Nope, you're insurance will enjoy another lawsuit-free day," Ethan replied.

"I'm sooo getting you back, bro. We're scheduled to test some straight jackets and boxes."

"That threat goes both ways, Highland,"

The guys continued chatting and tossing playful insults at one another as they opened the secret door.

The hidden stairs and walls were made of stone, flickering electric torches were on either side of the winding stairwell, and random blocked-off window ledges with lanterns and other decorative items were displayed. Medieval castles and other mystic places of centuries past provided the inspiration for the decor. The upper levels resembled the lavish lifestyles of kings and queens. The lower level looked like a dungeon. There was even a moat with flowing water and stone walkways with waist-high walls on either side.

Before reaching the dungeon, Alex and Ethan pressed a stone with glow-in-the-dark tape in the center. The wall slid open and revealed the prop area. The items in the massive room were organized in sections to make it easy to know what was in complete working order and what needed looking at to be fixed. They had just pulled out a trunk with a faulty lock that one of the magicians used when the door slid open again, and an unknown magician walked in.

*****

Taylor sighed as he finished fixing the final piece of almost broken fencing. The shifter found an almost dry fallen log to sit on under a pine tree. He opened his thermos, sipped the lemon-flavored water, replaced the cap, and stretched his arm and leg muscles. The wind blew towards him, and his wolf picked up the scent of a deer. It had been a day or two since his last shift and hunt, so he removed his clothing, shifted, and the hunt was on.

As always thanks for reading, reacting, and commenting.
Love y'all
Copyright © 2023 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 7
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter full of love and tickling.

But there's that cliffhanger in the cellar, the unknown magician with Alex and Ethan.

  • Love 3
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

Another love filled chapter with tickling interaction. So who is the dungeon's mystery magician and will something happen to Taylor during the hunt? Great writing.

  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Paladin said:

Another love filled chapter with tickling interaction. So who is the dungeon's mystery magician and will something happen to Taylor during the hunt? Great writing.

 

6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter full of love and tickling.

But there's that cliffhanger in the cellar, the unknown magician with Alex and Ethan.

@Paladin, @chris191070 thanks for the comments. :hug::heart: I love you two. 

Cameron's an awesome employer. Not everyone would be willing or able to give their employees anything extra for doing their job. Declan's a great Dad always taking care of his kids, and just too fun, putting his own money in to replace what Cameron used. 

I had a blast coming up with the Magic Manor and the description of the inside. It was amazingly fun to just let my imagination run with the things I'd expect to see from a hundred year old magician's space. 

As for the mystery magician... :whistle: Now, you'll have to capture and tickle me for more info. :rofl:

 

Edited by Ticklishboy30
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Love how all of these families pull together with each other and especially their own.  They always do what is needed; and that is such a rare thing.  

I don't know, had a chill run up my back when the unknown magician came in, we will have to see what happens with that.

Hmm, a wolf shifter versus a deer, I think I know who i will put my money on.

Excellent chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
9 hours ago, centexhairysub said:

Love how all of these families pull together with each other and especially their own.  They always do what is needed; and that is such a rare thing.  

I don't know, had a chill run up my back when the unknown magician came in, we will have to see what happens with that.

Hmm, a wolf shifter versus a deer, I think I know who i will put my money on.

Excellent chapter, can't wait to see what happens next.

@centexhairysub, I grew up watching Dukes Of Hazzard, (original TV series, I've boycotted the movie because Uncle Jessie was turned into a dirty old man. However, Willie was the perfect choice actor wise.) Little House On The Prairie, The Waltons... Two things they all had in common was family cohesion, and the willingness to help and love others. Working together, blending families together is the solid foundation for a strong community that can be fruitful and sustain itself.

Yeah, my odds are on Taylor, not only is he a good hunter, but he's a hungry wolf. :gikkle:

Actually, Declan putting his money in was a last minute addition. When I saw him doing it, and the interaction with Cameron was just really cute, fun, and such a great fatherly moment that I had to include it. 

 

Edited by Ticklishboy30
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..