Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

It's Always Something - 13. Chapter 13

Cameron and Fabien were taking a short break before their spar. The eldest redhead spent the last hour showing his brother how to combine his growing telekinetic power with his element power to create things from the snow and ice, both on the ground and what they created from the atmosphere. Fabien made a dagger, a sparkling ice castle and a snow fort. He also made three decorations, which were made of ice, and on the inside were recreations of his home, the Dog & Butterfly. The third one was larger because he'd carved the likeness of his family, all made from snow. The decorations really impressed his older brother, which made the teenager blush and swell with pride at the same time. Cameron stuck with ice and made a few ten-foot-tall solid walls of ice that were five inches thick, a dagger, and a long, thick staff that he used to pole vault over the gymnastic horse he'd created.

"I can't believe how awesome my baby brother is." Cameron said as he inspected his brother’s newly formed dagger. The pride in his heart couldn't be contained and was prevalent in his voice as he praised Fabien. "This is awesome and creative craftsmanship, Ian. Your dagger's got a nice weight to it while being aesthetically appealing...not that beauty is important when you have to defend yerself, the carvings on the blade and hilt add intrigue and shows yer talent for detailed work if yeh want to keep it in a cold glass display case."

The sixteen-year-old blushed as he wrapped his arms around Cameron's waist and hid his face in the older redhead's chest. He'd always hero-worshiped his birth brother and Taylor because they were among the strongest and protective men in his life. He and Rhylan constantly acknowledged how loved they felt and were never treated like a burden by them.

Cameron chuckled as he gently rubbed the teen's back, then lowered his head and kissed Fabien's head. "I love yeh, my beautiful Little Red. No matter how old or grown yeh get, you'll always be my baby brother. I'll always be here to protect and help guide yeh and Rhy," he softly said.

The teen dried the tears from his eyes, raised his head, and smiled as he kissed his brother's chin. "You and Tay have always been there for and looked after us. I love you, Cammer."

"So, yeh think yer ready to take yer big brother on, do you," the older redhead asked with a smirk and a mischievous sparkle in his eyes.

Fabien raised his head and matched the expression he was challenged with. "As ready as you are to be taken down by yeh little brother, Big Red." He yelped and lurched forward when his brother playfully pinched his left butt cheek through his jeans.

"Before we start, I want yeh to realize something, Fabien."

Upon hearing his full first name, the youngest of the pair quickly adopted a serious posture by standing up straight, his head held high, and his gaze met Cameron's. When he was ready, Fabien nodded for the speech to continue.

"Now that yer close to bein' an adult, mentally, physically, and emotionally, our spars, including ones with Tay and Rhy, are gonna be more intense. Tay and I won't be going at yeh boys with everything we've got, but the goal is to work up to about seventy-five percent full strength. Also, the rules will not be as strict as when we were younger. We'll all be able to use magic, mind tricks, hand-to-hand, and anything else we can think of," Cameron paused, placed his hands on his soon-to-be opponent's shoulders, then continued, "Are yeh with me so far, little brother? There's no backin' down, no tears spilled because of injuries yeh can cry afterward when we're patchin' each other up. Fer all intents and purposes, yer men now, Fabien Michael O'Leary. You and Rhylan, and in both my and Tay’s opinions, damn fine ones already in the makin'. I know you and yer wolf will step up to the challenges facin' both-a-yeh and make yer brothers proud of yeh."

Fabien felt a twinge of fear and a shiver run the length of his spine but pushed them back to the depths of his being. Then, firmly said, "I understand, Cameron, and... Oh, fuck it, I'm not gonna lie to my big brother, so don't laugh."

Cameron pulled his sibling into a loving embrace. "Fabien, I may resort to the typical older brother jokes, but I'd never laugh at you, certainly not during a serious discussion, yeh know that, right? You're my brother, and I love you more than I love anything or anyone else. This step up in sparring is to help the four of us get stronger so we can protect each other and ourselves."

"I love you too, Cammer. I was gonna say I'm not gonna lie and say I'm completely ready. I'm a bit nervous and scared, but I promise to put my heart into this and future exercises and spars."

"All yeh can do is your best, little brother, and as long as I know that's what you're givin', then I'll always be proud of yeh." Cameron tightened the embrace, then kneaded and dug his fingers into his brother's sides and between his ribs.

Hysterical laughter and squeals burst from the teen's lips as his body squirmed. "Cheater," he hollered between the endless flow of laughter that echoed through the trees and bounced back at them.

Cameron chuckled, "Don't tell me you've forgotten the first rule of combat, to always be ready fer anything."

Fabien got himself turned around so his back was against his brother's chest. The tickling never stopped, and the younger witch never stopped laughing. His snow boots created ditches in the snow as the heels slid along the ground. His legs almost flew out from under him when he tried to get some traction and create leverage to throw his attacker off balance and escape. That's when an idea came to him. Working quickly, he let himself slide to the ground. His emerald eyes glittered and glowed a slightly dark green, and he made the snow under Cameron's feet slick. Next, the teen summoned a wind gust equal to a small tornado and sent it hurling at the older redhead right when he'd grabbed his brother's legs and pulled forward.

Cameron yelped as he left the ground, was blown back a couple feet, and landed on his back in a large pile of snow. He got to his feet and grinned at the smirking teen. "Feelin' bold there, aren't yeh, little brother?" He got to his feet, and as soon as he tried to take a step, he realized Fabien cast a spell on him.

"You didn't forget the second rule, expect the unexpected, did yeh, big brother?"

Cameron continued struggling in an attempt to move his body. "Oh, yer really askin' for it, now."

Fabien giggled. Knowing he couldn't keep his brother stationary much longer, he covered the older redhead's head with snow, then used his hands to make Cameron look like Santa. His concentration on the spell was waning fast because of his laughter, so he got his phone from his pocket and snapped a picture.

Unable to help himself, Cameron shook his head and giggled at the playfulness. "Alright, yeh cheeky little bugger, playtime's over, now let's get to work," he said.

Fabien nodded and chuckled as he said, "You were sooo cute looking like Santa, Cameron. The clan's gonna love seein' it and hearing the story." He squealed as his body was bombarded by the countless snowballs Cameron hurled at him. "I thought yeh said playtime's over?"

"I spoke too soon. Yer cheeky comment required a playful retaliatory response."

*****

"Oh, I wasn't aware anyone would be in here. Allow me to introduce myself. I am The Mystical and Mysterious Mystofelles." He executed a sweeping wave followed by a bow at the waist. When he straightened his posture, he extended his hand.

"I'm Ethan, and this is my best friend, Alex, Ethan said as he and Alex returned the friendly greeting and shook hands.

For some reason, the Stormcloud teen was wary and distrustful of the guy, so he quickly assessed the man's tall, slender frame. He judged the older male to be just over six feet tall, give or take an inch, and figured his age to be around the late forties, maybe early fifties. The long, black pants stuck to his waist and legs like the clothing was part of his skin. The bulk of his hair was jet black, highlighted with silvery white strands scattered here and there with seemingly no rhyme or reason. His black shirt and dark red open long-tailed coat shimmered and reflected the dull overhead lighting, designed to keep the mysteriously spooky atmosphere that Magic Manor was known for.

Alex didn't seem to have the same hesitance as his bud and eagerly asked, "Are you traveling through town, Mystofelles?"

"Why, yes, I am, my young one. I've been intrigued by this place for quite some time and have thoroughly enjoyed wandering its highly reputed and majestic halls."

"Would you happen to have a card," Ethan asked, hoping his expression matched the innocence of his voice.

"I believe I've got one," Mystofelles replied.

As the magician rummaged through the inside pockets of his coat, a small black disc fell out when the man pulled his hand out of the jacket's left side and landed on the maroon carpet they stood on. Ethan noticed this, and the raven-haired teen quickly gazed at the man's face. Satisfied Mystofelles hadn't seen the item fall, he placed his foot on top of the object when he pretended to stumble and even steadied himself to make it look realistic.

"Eth, are you ok," Alex asked with concern.

"I'm fine, Lex. It's probably a pebble or something in my shoe that pressed into my big toe," Ethan replied as he sat on a trunk's lid, pulled his shoe off, and acted like he was shaking the invisible offending object out of his footwear, and then giggled because it tickled when he massaged his toe. He blushed when Alex and Mystofelles chuckled.

"Being ticklish can be very fun, my dear boy. I'm sorry, but I seem to have used up my cards."

"That's ok, I just like collecting them to prove who I've met and watched perform."

"Well, I'm off. Ethan, Alex, it was nice meeting you both."

Ethan waited a minute or two after Mystofelles left, then bent down, retrieved the disc, and placed it in the small pocket inside the right-hand pocket of his jeans. He turned to Alex, "Lex, I don't trust him."

"Why? He seemed nice enough, a bit theatrical, but that's also describes most magicians."

Ethan shook his head and hugged Alex. His friend had many talents, but having a mind for seeing the clues to a puzzle starting to form a picture was not one of them. "I've gotta get to my truck and call my Dad. When I get back, I'll help fix the props."

A minute or two after he'd left, Mystofelles returned. "Ethan, Alex," he called out as he reached the doorway.

"It's just me, Ethan went to his truck to call his Dad."

"Oh, how thoughtful of him. Alex, my young friend, you didn't happen to see a small black disc on the floor, did you? It's part of my act, and I seem to have lost it."

"I didn't, but I know Ethan picked something up. He usually parks out front."

"Do you know what he drives?"

"A dark green Chevrolet Silverado," Alex replied.

"Thank you, you've been most helpful."

When he got to his truck, Ethan put the disc in the bottom of the middle console and replaced the previously removed items on top of it. The teen stood with his back to the Manor's entrance after he closed and locked the driver's side door. Next, the young man picked up his phone and dialed Joe's cell, which went straight to his Dad's voicemail. He hung up, texted nine-one-one, and placed the phone on the edge of the truck bed. The teen heard something behind him and started to turn to see what the sound was right as someone's hand smashed the left side of his head into the side of the Silverado, knocking him out cold. The assailant picked the unconscious young man up off the ground as the phone rang. The device was flung to the ground seconds before the heel of a thick-soled boot smashed it into pieces beside the left back tire, just before the teen's limp body was carried away.

:whistle::D
Umm, hi, @chris191070, @Paladin, @BoyLove, and @Greg. Nice weather we're having, huh? Umm, what are y'all doing with feathers and sonic toothbrushes in your hands?
 
Hope everyone enjoys the chapter. I had an awesome time writing it. 
 
As always, thanks for reading, reacting, and commenting. I'm always appreciative.
 
Love y'all
Copyright © 2023 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wow 4
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Loved the chapter. It was great to see Cam and Fabien enjoy time together, playful and serious at the same time with plenty of tickles.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Loved the chapter. It was great to see Cam and Fabien enjoy time together, playful and serious at the same time with plenty of tickles.

I love Cameron, and think he and Taylor are gonna be awesome guides and teachers for their brothers. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

@Ticklishboy30 is tickled until he reveals the result of the cliffhanger, you better not hurt Ethan.

@chris191070 Hehehahaha c'mon, not my feet, Daddy-Chris.... Hehehahahahehehahaha

Edited by Ticklishboy30
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

An interesting chapter moving from the fun use of magic to potential evil use. The brothers playfulness is so delightful and infectious. How will they all rally to save Ethan.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Paladin said:

An interesting chapter moving from the fun use of magic to potential evil use. The brothers playfulness is so delightful and infectious. How will they all rally to save Ethan.

:whistle: @Paladin I actually haven't plotted that far. :gikkle: I'm not sure yet who kidnapped Ethan, it could be the Pillsbury Doughboy for all I know. At least if it was the doughboy, it'll be easy to get him talking. :gikkle: Cameron and Ian were so much fun to with with. 

Edited by Ticklishboy30
  • Love 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, centexhairysub said:

Alex is either way to naive, or a total idiot...

@centexhairysub Alex is just very trusting, and he looks up to professional magicians. He's been sheltered, and personally hasn't been exposed to anyone dangerous or evil. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Feathers, and sonic toothbrushes...is that all you could come up with @ticklishboy30 ! You need to be tickled with poison ivy leaves and jumper cables for that cliffhanger 🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

@BoyLove Wow! There's a lot of cliffhangers mentioned. I know not of what you speak. Perhaps if you take me to this hanging cliff I can be of some assistance. :gikkle:

Not the poison Ivy, I'm allergic, and jumper cables are shocking. :gikkle:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Ticklishboy30 said:

@BoyLove Wow! There's a lot of cliffhangers mentioned. I know not of what you speak. Perhaps if you take me to this hanging cliff I can be of some assistance. :gikkle:

Not the poison Ivy, I'm allergic, and jumper cables are shocking. :gikkle:

But the jumper cables, will jump start you into resolving this cliffhanger.

Now wears the 🪶 feather.

  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

You are far from defenseless.

@chris191070 I am so defenseless. I'm just a poor adorably cute and defenseless ticklish boy. I even have a halo... Pay no attention to the horns the halo surrounds. Hehe 

Edited by Ticklishboy30
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Ticklishboy30 said:

@chris191070 I am so defenseless. I'm just a poor adorably cute and defenseless ticklish boy. I even have a halo... Pay no attention to the horns the halo surrounds. Hehe 

Cute ticklish boys, get tickled.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..