Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

It's Always Something - Prologue. Prologue

The multi-colored foliage that desperately clung to branches before their inevitable descent to the ground testified to the fact it was Autumn. Mother Nature displayed her best creations for the inhabitants and visitors who lived in and traveled to the mountainous region of Virginia to enjoy the season before the coldness of winter set in.

Inside one of the many counties within the boundaries of the southern state was Miller's Bay, a town close to the Tennessee border. The town possessed an invaluable richness of history, and its soil held the blood, sweat, and tears of fallen men, women, and children from battles of the past. Of course, their flesh and bones had long since deteriorated, enriching the ground where they were buried. The commerce in Miller's Bay somehow managed to create a flourishing economic compromise between the Mom and Pop establishments of yesteryear and the corporate chain stores of the present day. One of the more successful privately owned establishments was the Dog and Butterfly Bar and Grille. Twenty-five-year-old Cameron O'Leary and his best friend, Taylor Grinning Bear Stormcloud owned the restaurant. They were fans of the rock band Heart and named the place after the song of the same title because it was one of their favorites.

Like every other small town, the Bay had its fair share of local legends and folklore. However, the stories told weren't just born of the active imagination of the townsfolk. The truth was there was actually a healthy supernatural community that called the southern town home. They were mostly comprised of animal shifters, witches, and other beings who held knowledge of Magick but had no active powers. Cameron and his family were part of the supernatural community. Eight years ago, his parents, Declan and Alvora, moved him and his younger brother, Fabien Michael, from Dublin, Ireland, their birthplace, to the rural town. That's when he and his family met and became a part of the Stormcloud clan.

Taylor, his younger brother Rylan Greywolf, and their father, Shaman, George Soaring Eagle, were Cherokee and wolf shifters. Like their older brothers, Rylan and Fabien were best friends and more. The now sixteen and eighteen-year-old boys were soul mates. The pair were patiently, albeit anxiously, awaiting Fabien's eighteenth birthday to complete their mating bond. Taylor and Cameron shared an unbreakable bond, but not as each other's mate. Their connection was as brothers.

Declan didn't have powers. However, throughout the years, he'd learned parts of the craft and could even concoct simple potions. His wife was a powerful natural witch and had passed her powers down to her children. Cameron's gift was telekinesis, limited telepathy, and spells. Fabien's powers were empathic. Because he was still young, his magick was beginning to manifest.

This is where the story begins.

Hey guys. :) 
Yeah, I'm trying to write another magic based story. Thanks to @kbois@astone2292 and @WolfMand their amazing stories, I've had a renewed desire to give it another try and see if I can make something interesting. 
Bare with me, I'm pretty much going along with my imagination and limited knowledge of animal shifters. 
Thanks to everyone who's willing to at least check out this story. 
Love y'all
Copyright © 2023 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 14
  • Fingers Crossed 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Loving this story already can't wait for the next chapters this story I think is going to go places. Great work as always.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
38 minutes ago, Jim Fraser said:

Loving this story already can't wait for the next chapters this story I think is going to go places. Great work as always.

:hug: @Jim Fraser I really appreciate the comment.

I hope to keep this effort interesting for you guys, and myself. So far it's been really fun working with Rhylan and Fabien again.

Originally, they were the main characters in a tickle story I'd written on tklfrat, probably about 10 years ago. I never did finish it, cause I got lost with ideas that didn't work the way I expected, and over the years, the boys kept coming back to me, wanting to have a new life. 

Edited by Ajbt2001
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Hmmm, just interesting enough with a hint of what might be to come to keep me onboard.  Will have to see where this goes.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..